Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm (44336 Views)

My Dry Season Irrigation Sack Farming (photo Speak) / Affordable Irrigation Solutions And Seedlings Nursery Trays Available (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by BTFormular: 11:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
tomzman:

Nobody is saying GEJ didn't do anything. Yes he fixed a few roads but the shortcomings outweighs the achievements.
Fuel subsidy issue, ASUU strike, renaming unilag, insurgency, corruption, no stable electricity despite several promises, dwindling reserves, worsening value of the naira, ...should I go on.
The masses want to feel their government and so far GEJ hasn't provided that. The masses are suffering and the government is churning out statistics. How does statistics put food on a common man's table. That is where the problem is.
If pope rule Nigerian you think success is guaranteed? I don't like GEJ but the man tried more that any other president in Nigerian history. Corruption can't just vanish in 5years No way. We as Nigerians need to play our part in this Change we seek. We Nigerians are selfish and also practice even worse outside govt. I witnessed many SUG's and what they do is steal and oppress. Same idiots will abuse GEJ. We are all stake holders in this country. The governors, the local govt chiaman, counselors and every citizen. One saint can't change the country my man until we chew that and campaign for over-all Nigerian change the buhari change is as useless asa G-string in my wardrobe.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by PLEXPLEX(m): 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:

He is among the few PDP guys who may have the opportunity to server under Buhari if he accepts to continue serving his fatherland. Kudos to Kwankwaso for the gesture.

Sai Buhari.

U GUYS R VERY FUNNY. SO GMB HAS WON THE ELECTION ALREADY?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by babasanti: 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
soe:
bastard Okupe...
you be mumu,big one
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by BTFormular: 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
watered:
Bros how much went missing under his government? The development we talking about how is a barrel of crude then and now?

To whom much is given much is expected
Taaaa* have you audit the acct and confirmed it missing?? About the price of oil then its relatively same considering strength and weakness of dollars bro. We deal with dollars not naira. Its same thing.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by dorodee(m): 12:01am On Feb 16, 2015
Agric minister is one any sensible government should retain... whether PDP or APC! !
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by watered(m): 12:01am On Feb 16, 2015
BTFormular:
Taaaa* have you audit the acct and confirmed it missing?? About the price of oil then its relatively same considering strength and weakness of dollars bro. We deal with dollars not naira. Its same thing.
Dollar dealer grin clap for ursef. Leave me with my naira. So u wey don audit the acct how much no loss?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by BTFormular: 12:07am On Feb 16, 2015
watered:
Dollar dealer grin clap for ursef. Leave me with my naira. So u wey don audit the acct how much no loss?
Guy you and I know the hausas/fulani and the Yorubas just don't want a minority president for a second time. That's the change dey talking about. GEJ Yes I believe he must have even stolen. But its the phase of our system at this stage bro. Did you know Amosun(the one they praise) borrowed over 300billion for all those projects. At this stage of our Nation when a governors does road 1million and steals money people still praise his for job weldone which is bad. It is pecular to all governor in Nigeria including APC and PDP.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by watered(m): 12:09am On Feb 16, 2015
BTFormular:
Guy you and I know the hausas/fulani and the Yorubas just don't want a minority president for a second time. That's the change dey talking about. GEJ Yes I believe he must have even stolen. But its the phase of our system at this stage bro. Did you know Amosun(the one they praise) borrowed over 300billion for all those projects. At this stage of our Nation when a governors does road 1million and steals money people still praise his for job weldone which is bad. It is pecular to all governor in Nigeria including APC and PDP.
I gave u 1Like grin

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by BTFormular: 12:13am On Feb 16, 2015
watered:
They(APC and PDP) receive billions as salaries and allowances and we taking sides.... They(APC and PDP) steal 18naira and use 2naira to build road and we take sides.... They(APC and PDP) embezzle public funds and make their family richer and we take sides. They(APC and PDP) smile at each other when they meat in meetings and party and we take sides... They(APC and PDP) dine together in bahamas and we take sides... They(APC and PDP) de-camp at will which is "anywhere belle face" and we take sides... They(APC and PDP) put their children in positions after schooling in UK and malaysia Where is the change here..... Its the same fhurking idiots hahahahahahahahaha. We've been brain washed... Change grin Change grin Change grin hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by BTFormular: 12:15am On Feb 16, 2015
We Nigerian youths are soooooo dumb... Am ashamed to be a Nigerian youth any day any time.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by ElFenomeno1: 12:19am On Feb 16, 2015
otokx:
Not even a single picture

What do you need a picture for?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by j4sure(m): 12:24am On Feb 16, 2015
adesina Gej performing minister. great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by calaway: 12:27am On Feb 16, 2015
ceejayluv:

Okay, then...The Agricultural transformation is one of the major achievements of the GEJ administration.. Full stop!
[size=20pt]you will prefer to say GEJ is bad when he is miles ahead of the illitrate terrorist change you present.

GEJ has spent 5years + as President of over 170m people and they want him to overnight turn Nigeria into a paradise. They call him names, Clueless, Foolish, some even said he is silly e.t.c. But...
(1) He built 150 almajiri schools.
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(2) He revived railway that was comatose
for over 28yrs. Lagos-Kano route,Lagos-Southern Ogun air condition train route,Ajaokuta-Warri standard gauge route, PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH Maiduguri train route, Kaduna intra- city train
routes,Makurdi-PH airconditioned train
route, Abuja- Kaduna standard guage route.
Work on Lagos-Ibadan standard guage
route ongoing. And about to kickstart
Lagos-Calabar coastal railway route.
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(3) He established 12 federal universities.Yet Goodluck is bad. Massive road reconstruction across the country(25000km). Benin-Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway,Enugu-Abakaliki, Onitsha-Owerri road, Kaduna-Maiduguri road, East-West road, Parts of PH-Enugu road &Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing.
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(4 ) Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge is ongoing..Yet Goodluck is bad.
( 5) He dredged River Niger..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(6) Improved power supply from 2500mw
to 6000mw and implanted 10 new power plants..Yet Goodluck is bad.
( 7) He revived the automobile industry with
the new automobile policy spurring Nissan&Hyundai e.t.c to assemble/produce cars in Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous automobile company the INNOSON group now producing locally made in Nigeria cars, SUVs and trucks known as the IVM motors First in the history of Nigeria, She joined the commodity of car manufacturing countries..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
( He remodeled airports to international
standard,built five new airport terminals in PH, Lagos,Kano, Abuja & Enugu. First in the history of Nigeria, the East now have an international airport..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(9 ) He signed freedom of information(FOI)
bill past leaders refused to sign..
Yet Jonathan is bad.
(10) He revamped the agricultural sector.
Nigeria now the largest producer of cassava in the world with 45million metric tonnes-FAO, the largest exporter of cassava chips to China and have unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice
production.
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(11) He gave women 35% affirmative to
women participation in governance which saw the emergence of Muktar as the first ever
female Chief Justice of Nigeria..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(12) He was able to contain the outbreak of
Ebola disease..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(13) No more long queues at filling stations..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(14) Nigeria manufacture her first ever
locally made drone..
Yet Goodluck is bad
(15) He signed local content act. Nigeria now have 400 tankers transporting crude oil.Previously it was 60 tankers.
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(16) His government recorded an unprecedented achievement in sports, best sporting performance in the history of country..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(17) Nigeria is now the largest economy in
Africa and the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world after China and Qatar--CNN..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(18) He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the most free, fair & credible election in the history of the country (2011 election).
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(19) He does not interfere with the electoral
and judiciary system.Elections in Imo, Anambra,Osun, Ondo and Edo are examples. In the history of Nigeria, is only in his government the opposition controlled large number of states and controlled greater number of seats in the National Assembly..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(20) Under his government,political assassination and assassination of high profile Nigerians is now a thing of the past. Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige,FunshoWilliams,Marshall Harry,
Aminisoari Dikibo,Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro
Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola,NBA chairman Barnabas Igwe andhis wife Abigail Igwe? In
whose governments were all these
murdered? I can go on and give
you about 100 high profile political
assassination in Obasanjo's
civilian rule alone..
Yet President Goodluck Jonathan is bad and so
unacceptable to you.
(21) GEJ approved 2,564 vehicles for police
for free and fair elections and some bad
eggs still complain that he is not working.
We HAVE DREAM THAT ONE DAY NIGERIANS WILL BE JUDGED NOT BY THE DIALECT THEY SPEAK BUT BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER.
We hereby challenge anybody to bring forward
the achievements of Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Obasanjo.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
VOTE PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN,
VOTE PDP ,[/size]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 16, 2015
I am not a GEJ fan but no doubt, that agric minister is the only performer so far in his cabinet.The others are just salary earners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Emmanuel602(m): 12:51am On Feb 16, 2015
Adesina is by far the best minister to have ever superseded any ministry in Nigeria. Now Nigerian agriculture is wearing a new look and farmers are smiling to the bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by omonnakoda: 1:08am On Feb 16, 2015
Is he really a PDP member or is it assumed that all ministers are PDP
By the way we celebrate mediocrity in Nigeria,We should celebrate output not input you can build all the irrigation dams in the world. We won;t eat dams. Compared to other farming countries in Africa Nigeria is very much behind and out yield efficiency is one of the lowest. We import fish chicken rice turkey fruits and vegetables. Adesina has been making giant strides on the pages of Newspapers but WHO IS EATING THE CHEAP FOOD Or what exactly is it we are celebrating . Are e to celebrate that $16 billion was spent on power or that there is no power. Same analogy I only care about the output not input. Farmers in NIgeria cannot borrow under 10% interest rate so please if you ARE NOT A FARMER KEEP QUIET, No farmer can make money at that kind of interest rate> Real farmers know that the man is mostly talk and propaganda. The level of food waste in Nigeria is one of the highest in the world ,why? Poor storage no investment in processing and the police on the road extorting transporters do not help those are the issues REAL FARMERS fae not celebrating fiction in Newspapers. In 2015 with all the technology in this world we have not industrialized garri making,shame!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by musiwa97: 1:12am On Feb 16, 2015
asking rice maker to make several bag of rice, how does that make him best minister. You most be mumu.

In Nigeria politics if you do project in your area. You will be able to contest election. You can see the former aviation minister contesting because she built airport for her people. He can't contest because he did not do anything in his area.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by GovWahala: 1:17am On Feb 16, 2015
soe:
bastard Okupe...
grin grin
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Eluwilussit(m): 1:23am On Feb 16, 2015
What the Bleep is wrong with APC supporters? Even the one real achievement of jona's administration, you guys still wanna take the shine off it with your silly comments. So much for change!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by obailala(m): 2:19am On Feb 16, 2015
highmood:
what are you saying. Don't be clearly bias. What about works, trade and investment, petroleum, aviation, even finance(not withstanding the fall in crude oil that is testing her knowledge and experience) but for labour, power, communication technology, defence and some others, honestly am not impressed. The painful is the power ministry. I see Nebo as not so experience compared to his predecessor Prof. Bath Nnaji. He always complain of sabotage. Thank God the Labaran Maku is technically sent away because he might have one day say what he was not suppose to sat. But then, GEJ is transforming Nigeria. I will vote him.
I stand by my original statement; the agric ministet is the only one with stellar performance.

Did I hear u say Petroleum and aviation?... mention one achievement of the petroleum minister other than conducting shady deals, diverting and conniving with NNpC and the oil cabals to divert billions, spending N10billion for hire and maintenance of a private jet (an amount which can buy several planes) and finally using 'strange powers' and diabolic court injunctions to stop the House of Reps from investigating her activities. Is that what a person calls achievement or performance?

Or you mentioned the aviation minister who spent indisclosed billions upon billions refurbishing airports but yet we have leaking roofs at the international arrival lounge of MMIA. Also after the billions spent on the enugu airport, all we have is a 'River Niger on the tarmac at the slightest rains... The same woman who illegally spent unappropriated funds to buy bullet proof vehicles at an overinflated rate, is that what you call stellar performance?

Then you mentioned Finance and you want to exonerate her because of the fall in oil prices which only started few months ago.... Did you read the writeup by Prof Soludo?... or are you one of those who thought it was too long or maybe you just dismissed it as propaganda without giving the hard facts and figures a thought?... or probably you are one of those who swallowed the 'biggest economy in africa' and '3rd highest GDP growth rate' facade which are very misleading indices that the govt has repeatedly used to deceive gullible people?

I am sorry to say but with the monumental depletion of our foreign reserves over the last 5 yrs and the astronomic increase in debts, coupled with the ever increasing poverty and unemployment figures, all these happening at a time the nation experienced a record 5 year oil boom, it is only fair to say the Finance team has the WORST performance of all the ministries and also has the worst record in the history of Nigeria (even worse than military regimes). I am tempted not to place the blame on finance minister because most of the indiscretions and recklessness was by the president, but there is something called 'resigning honorably' when ur boss' indiscretions affect your performance and your reputation.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Jaypea98: 2:30am On Feb 16, 2015
Almightyperes:
Kwankwaso Names A Major Project After PDP Minister, Adesina

One of the greatest critics of the Goodluck Jonathan federal administration is the APC governor of Kano state, Rabiu Kwankwaso. But on Friday, he honoured Akin Adesina, theminister of agriculture, who is of the PDP.

Kwankwaso named an 100-hectare irrigation farm in Kano state after the minister in recognition of his support to Kano farmers.Speaking at the event, the minister thanked the governor for naming the Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm after him.

He called on irrigation farmers in Kano state to organize themselves in order to access the federal government N26billion Dry Season Scheme Fund. He also said that the FG will support with quality farm inputs.

The minister expressed satisfaction over the level of work at the irrigation site which covers 100 hectares, noting that the project would not only boost food production in the state but in the country at large.

He commended Kwankwaso administration for initiating the laudable project which is expected to provide thousands of job opportunities to the teeming youths in the state especially those from Kabo and Gwarzo local government areas.Responding, Governor Rabi’u Kwankwaso said that there are over 300 farmers cultivating the land, disclosing that the state government named Magaga Irrigation site after the Minister for his support and concern to Kano farmers.

The governor directed the state Ministry of Agriculture to expand the site to cover adjoining farms for maximum benefit, adding that it must be we leveled so that all farmers can easily cultivate their farms without problem.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/apc-governor-kwakwanso-renames-irrigation-project-pdp-minister-agriculture-kano-state/

The Minister also took to social media platform, Twitter to announce the project:

www.twitter.com/akin_adesina/status/566584564622319616/photo/1
Talk about good Sportsmanship.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Jaypea98: 2:32am On Feb 16, 2015
obailala:
The Agric minister happens to be the only shining light in the entire Gej's cabinet.
Never forget The ex-health minister
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by crackhouse(m): 2:51am On Feb 16, 2015
@OP, There is nothing like PDP Or APC minister. Ministers are not politicians so stop turning everything into politics. He is a Nigerian minister of Agriculture for goodness sake.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 16, 2015
boluyongp:

Hahaha...Adeola, sahara tv.. You sef dey watch am..

That koledowo don suffer ehh... grin
lol..yeah
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Nobody: 3:24am On Feb 16, 2015
babasanti:
you be mumu,big one
you be mugun...cheap one
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by manck2: 4:06am On Feb 16, 2015
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by musiwa97: 4:13am On Feb 16, 2015
ICT Compare with rice bag

Rail ministry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcmMwx2x2wU
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by ManUtdholic: 4:35am On Feb 16, 2015
sanmibukunmi:
Some months Ago, Aregbesola was trying to discredit Dr.Adeshina's transformations in the Agricultural sector...that guy almost disgrace himself..Akinwumi and Aganga have done really well and if perhaps Buhari wins, politics should be put aside and they should be allowed to continue in their fields but if Jona should win, they should also be allowed to continue. These are the types of men we need to run the country excellent technocrats...
That one no normal now
He never pay November salaries finish, lecturers wan take him to court over non remittance of pension funds over a yr aqo,same with civil servants buh labour in d state is at his beck and call so no court case
No examination for d students in d last exam period after abolishing pta levies
Ask him why all this
Its is Jonathan govt they cut d allocations because they wanted to deal with him
Funny enough after refusing to pay salaries, deductions,pensioners salaries and no no remittance of pension funds for over a ur
He will send officers out to start implementing d new tax law in Osun
Market woman are now slapped with 1k each market day

Yet the idiot will rubbish a giant stride
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by lastburn(m): 5:34am On Feb 16, 2015
egift:

He is among the few PDP guys who may have the opportunity to server under Buhari if he accepts to continue serving his fatherland. Kudos to Kwankwaso for the gesture.

Sai Buhari.
hahaha.. Vry funny! Pdp guys full apc.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Xano(m): 6:14am On Feb 16, 2015
When one efficiently does what is right and achieve great results, people(including critics) will be grateful for it. Some(critics) will boldly thank the individual in public, while some(critics and selfish) will be thankful within(privately) the confines of a house. Thank you Minister Akin Adesina sir.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by dvee2: 6:24am On Feb 16, 2015
Compare that with the hard working minister of sports from kwara state who was sacked by GEJ simply because he was recommended by Saraki.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Feed Formulation Formulas And Techniques In Poultry / Maize Pyramid That Is Being Built In Kaduna / US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.