Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Should Prostitution Be Legal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Prostitution Be Legal? (1087 Views)

Imo Brothels Raise Task Force To Sanitise Prostitution / Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? / Should Prostitution Be Legalised In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Prostitution Be Legal? by valkaka(m): 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
If prostitution is indeed the world's oldest profession, then it might also be one of the world's oldest controversies. It combines xsex and money--two subjects guaranteed to create conflict. While some advocates insist that legalizing prostitution would reduce crime, they're met head on by others decrying the idea of bringing the xsex trade into the open. Should this age-old practice be decriminalized, after all?
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by ritababe(f): 8:05pm On Feb 15, 2015
Yeah
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Tundenoni(m): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2015
yes
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Princecalm(m): 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2015
ritababe:
Yeah
reasons
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by valkaka(m): 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
ritababe:
Yeah

WHY?
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by valkaka(m): 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tundenoni:
yes

WHY?
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Cutehector(m): 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
It would be legal anyways so why d rush. We aLl knw d signs of d endtime.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
Prostitution being legalised is nothing compared to homosexuality

Every dame thing in da world is legal
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by idu1(m): 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
I don't know....
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by holatin(m): 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
Legalised or not, its will never go entinct
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by DrPrickson: 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
All those is support say "aye" (click like), all those against say "nay"(click share)

2 Likes

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by chigoizie7(m): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
If I am made a governor of my state, I will simply make it legal and den collect tax from them, its just like "weed"(igboo) everyone smokes it, u can't stop it, so,why not legalise it and den collect tax from the dealers? @least maximise my states "IGR". Please ashawo work should be legalised, cos legal or not all these gals na ashawo(going by the dictionary definition> exchange of sexual pleasure for any material thing of any sort, even if na bubble gum or t.fare) all na ashe.

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Chidexter(m): 9:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
NO, Never!.
Prostitution should never be legalised, not only does it have biblical consequences, it also has health and moral consequences.

Not that i'm castigating prostitutes but ask yourself is it morally right? The cons overpower the pros, more sexually transmitted diseases(yes!, and dont tell me about condom, not everyone uses it) diseases like Hepatitis(which has no cure) can be transmitted by mere touching with an infected person.

I don want to go deep into this but, NO to Prostitution there are so many other ways to make genuine money. HABA

2 Likes

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
harlotsss!!you guys don't respect God right?wait until thunder will fire y'all saying 'yes '
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
chigoizie7:
If I am made a governor of my state, I will simply make it legal and den collect tax from them, its just like "weed"(igboo) everyone smokes it, u can't stop it, so,why not legalise it and den collect tax from the dealers? @least maximise my states "IGR". Please ashawo work should be legalised, cos legal or not all these gals na ashawo(going by the dictionary definition> exchange of sexual pleasure for any material thing of any sort, even if na bubble gum or t.fare) all na ashe.
and when serial killers start increasing in number, or let me say the act of 'rape ' then they also should be legalized right?

2 Likes

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by chigoizie7(m): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
shadowgwalker:
and when serial killers start increasing in number, or let me say the act of 'rape ' then they also should be legalized right?

When we get to that bridge of serial killing, we will cross it nah, u can't use one particular medicine in curing all ailments nah, u no fit carry motor bike tyre put for range rover nah, chill bro.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

When we get to that bridge of serial killing, we will cross it nah, u can't use one particular medicine in curing all ailments nah, u no fit carry motor bike tyre put for range rover nah, chill bro.
so why compare weed with prostitution? can't you cross the bridge on this matter?you will be a fake ars governor man. you weakness to sex will bring the whole city to doom.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by chigoizie7(m): 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
shadowgwalker:
so why compare weed with prostitution? can't you cross the bridge on this matter?you will be a fake ars governor man. you weakness to sex will bring the whole city to doom.

In the case of prostitution and weed, 1.) prostitution(2 persons involved case) , the fucker(man or woman) and the fuckee(man or woman) has a mutual benefit here, u either give me sex and take money. No one is loosing. 2.) In the case of weed( 1 person involved case), u want to smoke weed right? Do it, if it makes u happy, fine, it makes u go kolomental, fine aswell, its ur own decission. 3.) In the case of serial killings (2 person involved case), na only the killer fit de enjoy am, the killed no de benefit anything from being killed, so, no mutual benefits here, so that one can't be allowed.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by valkaka(m): 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
ritababe:
Yeah

If any one of you can honestly claim that you'd be okay with your mother, sister, daughter or friend becoming a prostitute, then this world has gotten far darker than I had ever imagined. Stop arguing that women have a right to do what they want with their bodies, and start teaching them to love and respect their bodies! It makes absolutely no sense to legalize something that is morally wrong simply because the illegalization doesn't prohibit the offense. By that standard, it should be legal to shop lift. People are just going to do it anyway, right? The illegalization just makes it more exciting! We should always stick up for what's right and never give in to what is wrong because it is simpler.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by valkaka(m): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

its sooooo lame comparing weed smoking with prostitution...I believe that prostitution should NOT be legal . What is wrong with you people , who say yes to this . Prositituion comes with alot of wrong . Murder, drugs , an sex . This should not even be a question . Have sex on your own time , not on the streets or in a strangers car . Keep it classy an less trashy .
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by chigoizie7(m): 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
valkaka:

its sooooo lame comparing weed smoking with prostitution...I believe that prostitution should NOT be legal . What is wrong with you people , who say yes to this . Prositituion comes with alot of wrong . Murder, drugs , an sex . This should not even be a question . Have sex on your own time , not on the streets or in a strangers car . Keep it classy an less trashy .

I give up, let's just wait until I become governor 1st.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by phlamesG: 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
What an obnoxious question!
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by chigoizie7(m): 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
valkaka:

If any one of you can honestly claim that you'd be okay with your mother, sister, daughter or friend becoming a prostitute, then this world has gotten far darker than I had ever imagined. Stop arguing that women have a right to do what they want with their bodies, and start teaching them to love and respect their bodies! It makes absolutely no sense to legalize something that is morally wrong simply because the illegalization doesn't prohibit the offense. By that standard, it should be legal to shop lift. People are just going to do it anyway, right? The illegalization just makes it more exciting! We should always stick up for what's right and never give in to what is wrong because it is simpler.

And who the fuuuuck is not a prostitute? I know u might ask me weda ma sis and mum are also one? But be realistic sweethrt, its happening everyday going by the dictionary definitions, well, I still gave up any ways, let's just live wit our individual opinions.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

In the case of prostitution and weed, 1.) prostitution(2 persons involved case) , the fucker(man or woman) and the fuckee(man or woman) has a mutual benefit here, u either give me sex and take money. No one is loosing. 2.) In the case of weed( 1 person involved case), u want to smoke weed right? Do it, if it makes u happy, fine, it makes u go kolomental, fine aswell, its ur own decission. 3.) In the case of serial killings (2 person involved case), na only the killer fit de enjoy am, the killed no de benefit anything from being killed, so, no mutual benefits here, so that one can't be allowed.
a dead person will be at peace from all these buhari boys. in the case of smoking weed, not everyone likes that dirty smell, you should do it in your privacy. same with picking any girl and paying for sex. they did not criminalise it, must they legalise it?
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by valkaka(m): 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

And who the fuuuuck is not a prostitute? I know u might ask me weda ma sis and mum are also one? But be realistic sweethrt, its happening everyday going by the dictionary definitions, well, I still gave up any ways, let's just live wit our individual opinions.

guess your own individual opinion based on biased mindset.we are talking about what is right and wrong.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by chigoizie7(m): 11:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
valkaka:

guess your own individual opinion based on biased mindset.we are talking about what is right and wrong.

Sure boss, u win, I loose, I give up bro.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by uzumakis: 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
what's moral might not be universally right and legal. haven't said that I would like to ask what makes prostitution immoral? after all its not its not a far bet, if in a way fornication isn't made illegal how then is a base on trade on such regard see to be illegal or not to be made legal?
I will so like to end here by saying just like every trade this comes with so much good as bad so how it affects the society both in large and small scale should be look in. though the way prostitute operate is alarming on my personal view I still think if it should be legalise then ethical law should be put in place ..
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by 190: 12:01am On Feb 16, 2015
incase
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by Cooloo11: 10:01am On Feb 16, 2015
Absolutely prostitution should be legal all over there world. If you look these statistics: http://www.wikisexguide.com/wiki/Prostitution_Prices

Then you can understand it is a good idea to legalize sex trade so prices can rise and girls can make a good living. Right now countries where prostitution is illegal, the price is low and girls can not get enough meat top of their bread. But if you look Switzerland example, sex costs hundreds of dollars in there and girls can work happily and eat well.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal? by JayTeeA(f): 10:31am On Feb 16, 2015
2 wrongs can never make a right.. we all know nothn can ever be legal about that "profession" if we look at that it from a balanced point of view..

I believe prostitutes are a set of beautiful, smart and intelligent girls who took the easy way out. legalizing it will just b encouraging more people to do so..

I v had my share of hunger and poverty and if prostituting was an option den I wouldn't have known I was capable of the means I created to make money today..

(1) (Reply)

Can You Write An Exam For The One You Love? / The Ministry Of Marriage / 7 Simple Tips To Make Your B*tt Bigger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.