Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,808 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? (4861 Views)

10 Reason Women Cry During Sex 18+ / Guys When They Are Toasting you Vs Guys When You Agree To Date Them / My Friend Is Doing Abortion, Should I Talk To Her About It Or Mind My Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Captainope(m): 11:24am On Jan 25, 2017
1. Abortion is about allowing woman the right to make choices about when they want to have children in relation to their age, financial stability & relationship stability. It is the not the place of government to legislate against woman's choices.
2. Raising a child is not an easy task & requires social & emotional commitment coupled with financial resources. As such if a person feels they are not ready for a child, it means the pregnancy is unwanted & resultant allowing a fetus to grow into a child is worse than abortion since the resultant child will grow in a non conducive & destructive environment without the love, care & stability that a child needs.
3. The argument against abortion is a moral argument which is subject to personal interpretation so should not be legislated against. Those see it morally allowable to do abortion should be provided with the means to do so & those who don't believe in abortion should have the choice not to have an abortion
4. A fetus is not legally or scientifically a person or human being so abortion cannot be equated to murder or taking a life since the fetus is not a person nor alive.
5. A fetus is like a brain dead person with no self awareness or consciousness so it is actually dead.
6. Prohibiting abortions doesn't stop abortions, women would simply seek abortions via illegal means which are unsafe & illegal, so it is better to provide woman with safe & legal ways to do an abortion.
7. Abortion prevent unwanted & unplanned pregnancies which prevents child neglect since the mother does not want to have children at that moment in time.
8. Making abortion illegal is also a class struggle since the rich can always go to other places where it is legal & have an abortion whilst the poor cannot do this, but have to resort to unsafe abortions which can lead to their death.
9. Making abortion illegal is more or less compulsory pregnancy which contradicts the quest & fight for freedom.
10. Making abortion illegal will increase teenage pregnancy (children having children). This usually leads to illegal abortions which can lead to death or permanent health defects, poverty, joblessness, hopelessness, and dependency.
11. A woman's right to choose abortion is a "fundamental right"
12. Personhood begins at birth, not at conception. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy (fetus), not a baby. Personhood at conception is not a proven biological fact. Fetuses are incapable of feeling pain when an abortion is performed.
13. Access to legal, professionally-performed abortions reduces injury

https://gagimovement./2017/01/25/top-10-reasons-abortion-should-be-legal/

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by henshaw97: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2017
You just gave us 10 reasons why murder should be legalized undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2017
Nice write up. cool

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by ucheHapers(m): 11:57am On Jan 25, 2017
Makes sense

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by oxmale: 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
if your mother decided to abort you while you were still in her womb,, I don't think you be here..
Just wake up one morning and starts posting rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by jamalnation(m): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
I never thought I'll have to do this but here we go:

Your reasons paint the picture as if pregnancy is a disease and abortion is the cure. This is not correct because there are at least 2 safe steps before a woman gets into the position where she needs to consider abortion. Number one is Abstinence and the other is safe sex (condom, pills, etc). Add a third one (marriage) because some folks consider abortion just because they are not legally married.

Now to your points, all of them are saying the same thing more or less except for 4, 5 and 12. If you choose to have unprotected sex, knowing fully well that it can lead to pregnancy, then you should be made to face the consequences of your action. That is not wickedness, it's simply a call for you to be responsible for your actions.

Your number 4, 5 and 12 points - very funny and untrue because the killer of a pregnant woman is usually charged with double homicide. Why is this so if the law doesn't recognise the foetus until it is born.

I am neither pro-life or pro-abortion but I just tried to think through your points. I'll do the same thing if someone comes up with reasons to make abortion illegal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Captainope(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
nice taught but the fact we are still human all those point should be considerd
CeenoEvu:
I never thought I'll have to do this but here we go:

Your reasons paint the picture as if pregnancy is a disease and abortion is the cure. This is not correct because there are at least 2 safe steps before a woman gets into the position where she needs to consider abortion. Number one is Abstinence and the other is safe sex (condom, pills, etc). Add a third one (marriage) because some folks consider abortion just because they are not legally married.

Now to your points, all of them are saying the same thing more or less except for 4, 5 and 12. If you choose to have unprotected sex, knowing fully well that it can lead to pregnancy, then you should be made to face the consequences of your action. That is not wickedness, it's simply a call for you to be responsible for your actions.

Your number 4, 5 and 12 points - very funny and untrue because the killer of a pregnant woman is usually charged with double homicide. Why is this so if the law doesn't recognise the foetus until it is born.

I am neither pro-life or pro-abortion but I just tried to think through your points. I'll do the same thing if someone comes up with reasons to make abortion illegal.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Captainope(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
one fact that would still remain is that you are stupid and a small fool ... abortion is not just what people decides it deals with conditions .just imagine a 13 year old with pregancy she is jobless,hopless,she cant fend for her self talkless of fending for her new born baby or babies self what would you advice her to go on and give birth to an innocent child? how sure sre you she would survive it in the larbour room... bro my mother gave birth to me because she was ready! not every body is ready get that into you 156kilobyte brain FOOL
oxmale:
if your mother decided to abort you while you were still in her womb,, I don't think you be here..
Just wake up one morning and starts posting rubbish.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
Captainope:
nice thoughts but the fact we are still human all those point should be considerd

I have considered them and they do not seem to be strong enough. In my personal opinion o.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by firstking01(m): 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
Captainope:
1. Abortion is about allowing woman the right to make choices about when they want to have children in relation to their age, financial stability & relationship stability. It is the not the place of government to legislate against woman's choices.
2. Raising a child is not an easy task & requires social & emotional commitment coupled with financial resources. As such if a person feels they are not ready for a child, it means the pregnancy is unwanted & resultant allowing a fetus to grow into a child is worse than abortion since the resultant child will grow in a non conducive & destructive environment without the love, care & stability that a child needs.
3. The argument against abortion is a moral argument which is subject to personal interpretation so should not be legislated against. Those see it morally allowable to do abortion should be provided with the means to do so & those who don't believe in abortion should have the choice not to have an abortion
4. A fetus is not legally or scientifically a person or human being so abortion cannot be equated to murder or taking a life since the fetus is not a person nor alive.
5. A fetus is like a brain dead person with no self awareness or consciousness so it is actually dead.
6. Prohibiting abortions doesn't stop abortions, women would simply seek abortions via illegal means which are unsafe & illegal, so it is better to provide woman with safe & legal ways to do an abortion.
7. Abortion prevent unwanted & unplanned pregnancies which prevents child neglect since the mother does not want to have children at that moment in time.
8. Making abortion illegal is also a class struggle since the rich can always go to other places where it is legal & have an abortion whilst the poor cannot do this, but have to resort to unsafe abortions which can lead to their death.
9. Making abortion illegal is more or less compulsory pregnancy which contradicts the quest & fight for freedom.
10. Making abortion illegal will increase teenage pregnancy (children having children). This usually leads to illegal abortions which can lead to death or permanent health defects, poverty, joblessness, hopelessness, and dependency.
11. A woman's right to choose abortion is a "fundamental right"
12. Personhood begins at birth, not at conception. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy (fetus), not a baby. Personhood at conception is not a proven biological fact. Fetuses are incapable of feeling pain when an abortion is performed.
13. Access to legal, professionally-performed abortions reduces injury

https://gagimovement./2017/01/25/top-10-reasons-abortion-should-be-legal/
ABORTION IS MURDER.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by firstking01(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
Nice write up. cool
I'm not surprised.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
firstking01:
I'm not surprised.
I don't expect hypocrites to be dear!. cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Captainope(m): 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
see let us stop decivin our self abortion as not being legalized and we are having at least 40million in a year and by WHO 12500 die from ABORTION BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING ABORTED IN WRONG HANDS
10. Making abortion illegal will increase teenage pregnancy (children having children). This usually leads to illegal abortions which can lead to death or permanent health defects, poverty, joblessness, hopelessness, and dependency
CeenoEvu:

I have considered them and they do not seem to be strong enough. In my personal opinion o.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by firstking01(m): 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
I don't expect hypocrites to be dear!. cool
And we sure know the born throways on nairaland cheesy
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
I was realy upset by this but
.......well amen it aint legal!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
The sane question remains: Why get pregnant at all if you are not ready to have a baby. Conception according to research takes 6-14 days after sex, Rape victims should endeavour to visit the hospital immediately after the act.

If Abortion is legalized infanticide is equally legalized. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
firstking01:
And we sure know the born throways in nairaland cheesy
Just as we know those who give girls money to have an abortion but come on nairaland to act all saints.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Alondra:
The sane question remains: Why get pregnant at all if you are not ready to have a baby. Conception according to research takes 6-14 days after sex, Rape victims should endeavour to visit the hospital immediately after the act.

If Abortion is legalized infanticide is equally legalized. smiley
In a situation where the rape victim is a teenager and failed to say she was raped, what do you suggest?.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by firstking01(m): 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
Just as we know those who give girls money to have an abortion but come on nairaland to act all saints.
Maybe you couldn't grasp/comprehend my message and whom it was sheer directed to, but in anycase, have a nice day ma cool
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Park01: 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
grin
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
Captainope:
see let us stop decivin our self abortion as not being legalized and we are having at least 40million in a year and by WHO 12500 die from ABORTION BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING ABORTED IN WRONG HANDS
10. Making abortion illegal will increase teenage pregnancy (children having children). This usually leads to illegal abortions which can lead to death or permanent health defects, poverty, joblessness, hopelessness, and dependency

Bros, the fact still remains that making abortion illegal doesn't lead to increase in teenage pregnancies. It is the failure to abstain or practice safe sex that leads to pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
Park01:
grin
That is the hypocrisy of those screaming it's murder. grin
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
firstking01:
Maybe you couldn't grasp/comprehend my message and whom it was sheer directed to, but in anycase, have a nice day ma cool
Just as you couldn't grasp/comprehend who my first message was directed at.

Do have a nice day too.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Park01: 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
That is the hypocrisy of those screaming it's murder. grin

lolz

is that not murder? grin oh you actually want it legalize?
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Park01:
lolz

is that not murder? grin oh you actually want it legalize?
Like the op said, if it's legalised they would save lives instead of having quacks operate on pregnant women.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
Should only be legal if the mother health is threatened or maybe if she got raped maybe yes any other case NO NO NO its just wrong .. either you don't SEX or use protection how hard is it ?
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Park01: 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
Like the op said, if it's legalised they would save lives instead of having quacks operate on pregnant women.
for me, legalising it will cause more harm to the society....

I wish and hope it remains that way.
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Park01:
for me, legalising it will cause more harm to the society....

I wish and hope it remains that way.
Not legalising it hasn't stopped the fact that abortion is on the increase. grin
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by Park01: 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
Not legalising it hasn't stopped the fact that abortion is on the increase. grin
grin grin bitter truth... you hardly see a young girl who's active in a relationship that hasn't gone under a knife

#toobad
Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by MissVirginLuna(f): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Abortion is MURDER!!!!!!
And God frowns at it.
If you are not ready to have children, abstain and if you can't absatain then use protection.
But in the case where the mother may die from having a child, then it's advisable medically.... Or in a Case where one is raped, immediately the rape and before the conception actualizes, get medical help, but outside these it's illegal and MURDER. ....
If you can't or are not ready to have a child, don't have sex or simply use protection..... (If you want to disobey God, it's your choice)
There's nothing like I'm not prepared for marriage and you willingly consented to sex and got pregnant or got her pregnant. You and the girl in question are MURDERERS..

Although I am advocate for abstinence!!!!!!
No sex before marriage.... As God instructs

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reason Abortion Should Be Legal, Do You Agree? by MissVirginLuna(f): 3:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
In reality, I know the world is going fast with society pace,
So many people are doing it, but there are still people who frown to hear about this horrendous acts.....
I am one of such people who see abortion as horrendous and premarital sex as a NO.....
We are very different and it will surprise you to know that there are still girls out here who will not compromise God's standard.
I know some, because I hold such value
Like the saying goes, we attract our kind..
You can be in a relationship without having sex!!!
You set the limit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out Episode Of My Video / Man Advises A Lady Against Showing Her Chest Shape (Photos) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.