Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria (947 Views)

Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? / How Much Does A Brand New Prado Jeep Cost In Nigeria? / How Reliable Both Volvo S60, S40 And Maintenance Cost Effective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria by susuman: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2009
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know about fuel consumption of Grand Cheroke? What car can it be compare to? What is its maintenance like in Nigeria? I am about buying one. I just need your kind advice. Thanks.
Re: Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria by igwe11(m): 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2009
The one i know of, consumes fuel like no man's business. smiley
Re: Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria by waoosa(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2009
You can buy if you also plan to own a Petrol filling station.
Re: Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria by susuman: 10:14am On Jan 06, 2009
Please can someboby backup these ascertions with fact. I will be glad if you do. I do see many of the JEEPs on the road and I don't believe their liabilities are as has been painted by Igwe 1 and waoosa. Lets educate ourselves properly. Thank you so much.
Re: Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria by babs10: 5:29am On Jan 07, 2009
susuman:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know about fuel consumption of Grand Cheroke? What car can it be compare to? What is its maintenance like in Nigeria? I am about buying one. I just need your kind advice. Thanks.

I hate when people say things when they have no facts to back it up. I have had one for almost 17 months without any problem. The fuel consumption is very ok & it is far better than my previous cars( BMW & mercedes benz).

Please my sincere advice for you is don't attach too much weight on what people say just buy what you like. Regardless of what you buy some people will definetely have some reservations. What yr  please?
Re: Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria by obamamate: 8:32am On Jan 07, 2009
Give the exact type of engine like V6, V8 etc
To check mpg, check the internet .
Total cost of ownership of grande cherokee is higher than most japananese vehicles.
The cherokees are fine and might even be cheaper.
If you are good with cars, and you can afford to experiment, then you can manage cherokees.
If not go for a Toyota
Re: Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria by susuman: 9:00am On Jan 07, 2009
babs10:

I hate when people say things when they have no facts to back it up. I have had one for almost 17 months without any problem. The fuel consumption is very ok & it is far better than my previous cars( BMW & mercedes benz).

Please my sincere advice for you is don't attach too much weight on what people say just buy what you like. Regardless of what you buy some people will definetely have some reservations. What yr  please?

Thank you babs10. I do believe that Nigerian are not fools. Any car that you start seeing on our roads shows that somehow the owners really place value on them. I am looking at models between 2002 and 2005. V6 to be precise. Please tell me the best of those models and possible fact of fuel consumption. By the way, what is the maintenance cost like? Thanks guys.
Re: Who Knows Grand Cheroke's Fuel Consumption & Maintenance Cost In Nigeria by sistasbros: 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2009
susuman,

Perception about fuel consumption is comparative. The only Toyota I have used was an I6, which made it fuel thirsty but it delivered extraordinary power going uphill. My other cars have been German brands. I presently use an I4 BMW, strong and powerful and better fuel consumption than the Toyota.

Don't be deceived by number of cars of certain brands you see on our roads. Some are purchased because they are cheap but cost of maintenance are high. Most Nigerians don't do objective research. Parts of American brands are more expensive than the Japanese but you are less likely to get fakes.

I believe most cars are good to use in Nigeria, once you get them in very good condition. BM is reputed to overheat. Once my radiator started leaking I bought a brand new one. Expensive but cost effective. Two years after I use my AC always and I drive in mad traffic, yet my temperature needle remains at recommended level.

If you can care for a car and you can spend the little extra, please go ahead with the Cherokee. Get a brilliant auto electrician. They are more important for the new age cars than mechanics.
If you barely have time or you dont have great maintenance culture , please buy a more common brand.
Research online. There are reviews of these cars that can help you with your decision. LR3 is rated by consumers as problematic. It has some generic faults. I wouldnt buy it based on the review from people in europe and yankee. Q7 is considered as the best SUV to buy. Built to last.

(1) (Reply)

2006 Nissan Murrano Phc / Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) / Trucks For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.