Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition (24089 Views)

Poll: Should Fashola Be Given A Part On The Back For Oshodi Market Demolition?

Yes: 78% (160 votes)
No: 11% (24 votes)
Indifferent: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / The Aesthetics And Politics Of Oshodi, Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by aieromon(m): 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2009
more pics grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by aieromon(m): 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2009
i passed oshodi on my way from work via Ilupeju today,2 weeks after i started this topic.

can you believe that i had to queue to climb the pedestrian bridge to get to the other side which hitherto had been the living quarters for the destitute in this busy centre of Lagos?

i was so amazed that i decided to take some beautiful pictures of the new Oshodi featuring well behaved Lagosians and KAI not forgetting the ever hardworking LASTMA workers.

Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by aieromon(m): 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2009
more pics grin grin grin grin

Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by aieromon(m): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2009
more pics grin grin grin grin

Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by nazzyon(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2009
My opinion is simple and straight about the clearing of Oshodi

If my Father, Mother, Uncle, Aunty, Sister, myself or any of my relative is selling goods @ Oshodi I will be against Fashola today.

It apply to every person who has contributed in this thread.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by farotika(m): 7:11am On Jan 13, 2009
nazzyon:

If my Father, Mother, Uncle, Aunty, Sister, myself or any of my relative is selling goods @ Oshodi I will be against Fashola today.

You're very unreasonable cool cool cool
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by dlox01(m): 10:49am On Jan 13, 2009
nazzyon:

I FEEL UR PAIN, ORDERLYNESS HURTS RIGHT??if any1 had told u people would queue up in oshodi would u believe.Mehn Fashola carry go!!!i trust him,he will put better infrastruturez there soon n all this noise on naira land would stop.to Nazzyon:y dont u b superman for a few minutes and skip the line at oshodi(then ul know how much people adjust in naija)u'l get a beat down!!! angry
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by aieromon(m): 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2009
heard fashola is left handed

no wonder he's bloody intelligent!!!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eko ni ile.

By the time those people don taya dem go pack go villa. Even Aboki weh get house for North de lag de add to the over population. Abeg bring on development. If you no fit cope mentally, then city life no be your type. Go Sango Ota go stay!!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by cabali(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2009
I hear there is going to be a railway system planned through that area. Tha is great.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2009
I am not sure if you know this, but the train used to pass through oshodi as well as many of the main market. That was part of the drawing factor for most of the traders in the beginning. If you look closely, you will see the old rail lines still there. I think trains passed through oshodi, as recently as 13 years ago; I say 13 before that was the last time I saw the train go through the market.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by BOSS7: 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I think trains passed through oshodi, as recently as 13 years ago; I say 13 before that was the last time I saw the train go through the market.

You've just made my day. This is typical Nigeria politics. If 13years could be referred to as recent in what affects people's means of daily livelihood (trains), I can't even laugh nor cry for my country, in fact I'm barking at my computer instead.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2009
LoL @B.O.S.S.

I added 13 because that was when we still had a store at Oshodi. After we left, I never really saw the train much. If we were talking of Yaba, then I would say the train passed through that place late last year being that I actually saw it. But for Oshodi, it has been some time since I have seen the train pass through the place with my korokoro eyes. roflmao!!
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by farotika(m): 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2009
cabali:

I hear there is going to be a railway system planned through that area. Tha is great.

U better believe it cos its true. We are not just going to work on the present one but change entirely to modern one. God help our good government. And believe this, every great bank in this country is struggling to get the contract.

Eko o ni baje.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by mustafar1: 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2009
farotika:

U better believe it because its true. We are not just going to work on the present one but change entirely to modern one. God help our good government. And believe this, every great bank in this country is struggling to get the contract.
Eko o ni baje.

do u have any information to back up ur claim, and if you do and it is correct. that would be a classic example of why naija is kinked. cos i do not know when bank turned contractors. financing the project i understand but being awarded the contract, i refuse to. only if by saying,"struggling to get the contract" you meant struggling to be allowed to finance the contract.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by tpia: 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2009
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by farotika(m): 7:25am On Jan 14, 2009
must_a_far:

do u have any information to back up ur claim, and if you do and it is correct. that would be a classic example of why naija is kinked. because i do not know when bank turned contractors. financing the project i understand but being awarded the contract, i refuse to. only if by saying[b],"struggling to get the contract" you meant struggling to be allowed to finance the contract.[/b]

My apology. The contract I'm talking about is their quest to be the financier(s) of the project cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by fyneguy: 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2009
Guys,

The Task force are demolishing illegal shops at Mushin as I'm posting this info.

Mushin should wear a new look by tomorrow or next.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by thetruth90: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2009
Poll 
Question: Should Fashola Be Given A Part On The Back For Oshodi Market Demolition?
You may only select up to 3 options. 
Yes
No
Indifferent

it is a sorry case that a(n) infallible website like nairaland still makes this kind of grammatical error. typography it would be called though, the printers devil to be blamed.  grin
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by eboweme: 11:40am On Jan 15, 2009
Let's give kudos to Gov. Fash for his mega city dream but please let's somebody drum it in his ear that the area boys in around motor parks are egually constituting nuisance.
They 're indirectly responsible for the incessant increase in transport cost.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by dlox01(m): 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am not sure if you know this, but the train used to pass through oshodi as well as many of the main market. That was part of the drawing factor for most of the traders in the beginning. If you look closely, you will see the old rail lines still there. I think trains passed through oshodi, as recently as 13 years ago; I say 13 before that was the last time I saw the train go through the market.

update ur facts,im just sparing u coz u said it was 13 years ago 'U' saw a train pass there,if u claim 13yrs ago it shows how current u are,so current u dont know it passes there everyday.i always say this about u and many others, ur just GOOGLE babes,if therez a network problem u become epileptic.if only u go through oshodi often then we can have a grand argument but, wink
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by TOYOSI20(f): 6:49am On Jan 19, 2009
@ Topic

Im certain when its rebuilt it would be much better than before!!! wink
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by erniecool: 11:29am On Jan 19, 2009
Fashola meant well for Lagosian that is not arguable. I heard the light rail proposed by the govt will passing thru the area wat a great vision, but i also belief in discharging his duty let him put into consideration human factor, I'm just wondering what will be the fate of these traders, Sincerely evryone of them would ad love to have a shop with decent surrounding rather than the filthy environment of oshodi, It would av make more sense if the govt provide a new market for them and schedule their relocation and those one that refuse to go should be left to face the brunt,
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by MyPeace(f): 2:44pm On Jan 19, 2009
oshodi market was not destroyed. only those selling on the road were afected.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by dejiman(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2009
Here comes the new OSHODI MEGA AREA. grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by adams1(m): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2009
I am already dreaming of what it will be like with Fashola as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The guy beats my imagination, I didn't vote for him but this is what I expected from the person I voted for.
He has a plan, goal, agenda and there is no going back.
Fashola is the Bomb
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by ifele(m): 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2009
Look at the picture of the man carrying a nylon bag. The negro yes him. The have amputated his hand look closely. Awon gowo gowo ti mu yen.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by farotika(m): 7:35am On Jan 21, 2009
Guys, u wont believe what i saw on my way to the office this morning at Oshodi Isale The whole place was beaming with light and guess what: the pillars are being painted shocked shocked shocked Fashola nah wah kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by MyPeace(f): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2009
farotika:

Guys, u wont believe what i saw on my way to the office this morning at Oshodi Isale The whole place was beaming with light and guess what: the pillars are being painted shocked shocked shocked Fashola nah wah kiss kiss kiss

lnfact l could believe it, the light woke me from my slumber, l wanted to reconfirm if its oshodi or ' the driver don carry me waka' May God continue to keep Fashola for lagosians.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by aieromon(m): 11:46am On Jan 21, 2009
farotika:

i'll get you guys pictures the next time i pass through oshodi.the lights have been working for the past 3weeks to take care of the people using the pedestrian bridge at night.close to the bridge is a generator which powers the lighting system.

how i wish all governors could think with their brains cool

eko o ni baje
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by soprecious(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2009
How many times have we seen actions like this happen only for things to return to status quo a few months later? This unfortunate incidence has already happened. While I am sorry for the victims, the govt should immediately seek ways of compensating them or relocating them.
Re: Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition by dlox01(m): 11:43am On Jan 26, 2009
soprecious:

How many times have we seen actions like this happen only for things to return to status quo a few months later? This unfortunate incidence has already happened. While I am sorry for the victims, the govt should immediately seek ways of compensating them or relocating them.

compensating illegality??i should get a table and stand on third mainland bridge, maybe i should get compensated tooo angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ex-ministers Angry With Jonathan For ‘abandoning’ Them With EFCC / Nurse’s Murder: Ugwuanyi Offers N5m To Anybody With Information On Killers / Are You Batified? Orji Uzor Kalu Asks Tinubu And Femi Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.