Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

My Aunty - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Aunty (2959 Views)

If You Don't Have This Type Of Aunty In Your Family, Then You're Missing Alot / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / My Mother-in-law Hates Because I Refuse To Call My Sister-in-law "Aunty" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Aunty by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hlo fellow nairalanders, am not here to seek attention, bt to seek advice about my aunt, am going to make my story short..My aunt reside at lagos, while i stay at ibadan. Last year, my aunt was impreganted by a guy, thou my aunty try to abort it, but was not successful, when my parents discovered, my aunty was scolded. After so many attempt, my aunt confessed who got her pregnant. When the guy was confronted, he said he is not ready, because he is still schoolin, and his parents won't accept. My parents finally decided that my aunt should leave lagos, to d village till she gives birth..To God be the glory, my aunt gave birth to a baby girl, neither the father nor any of his family attends d naming ceremony or sent moni for her upkeep throughout her stay at d village.. About 2wks ago, he called my aunty that she should come bak to lagos, dat he already got an apartment for both of them. My parents are not happy with this, neither am i, but my aunty has decided to go back to lagos to meet him...
Re: My Aunty by bennyrazz: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
Intellectualokin:
About 2wks ago, he called my aunty that she should come bak to lagos, dat he already got an apartment for both of them. My parents are not happy with this, neither am i but my aunty has decided to go back to lagos to meet him ...
you people don't need to be sad, rather you guys should be happy for her. If she has decided to go back, all what you guys have to do is to make sure everything becomes formal i.e traditional wedding, court wedding e.tc if your aunt's bf doesn't accept then you guys can stop you aunty from making a further mistake.
Re: My Aunty by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
I was able to chat with him on whatsapp once, and sent him the baby pix, i was surprised when he told me the baby do not resemble him, and my aunty also tld me that he said he is not ready to get married. The baby is going to clock one year by may. When my dad tld him to pay her brideprice first, he said he has many projects he is handlin at school, and does not have money presently. I don't no wot he tld my aunty, she still insist on going back to meets him against d will of our parents.......Fellow nairalanders, do u tink this right
Re: My Aunty by bennyrazz: 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Intellectualokin:
I was able to chat with him on whatsapp once, and sent him the baby pix, i was surprised when he told me the baby do not resemble him, and my aunty also tld me that he said he is not ready to get married. The baby is going to clock one year by may. When my dad tld him to pay her brideprice first, he said he has many projects he is handlin at school, and does not have money presently. I don't no wot he tld my aunty, she still insist on going back to meets him against d will of our parents.......Fellow nairalanders, do u tink this right
surely something is wrong with the guy and something is wrong with your aunty and the thing is condomless weird sex. They are clearly both missing it. Is your aunty thinking she can get him to change his mind? clearly, that boy is very irresponsible and your aunt needs all the help she can get to take her mind off that boy. Your dad has said the right thing and that boy is not ready.Your dad has to go a step further by warning that boy who wants to ruin your aunt's life to live her alone else he would do something drastic. If your aunt goes on to live with him, he would impregnate her again
Re: My Aunty by delishpot: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
She is Lets say, "digging her grave deeper" by tge time they have 4 kids and he still isnt ready for marriage, what will she do? I kbow she is moving in with him because of what society will say about her. But uf she intend to right the wrong, she should makebhim and his family formaly ask for her hand in marriage and then pay a token as bride price since he is not bouyant enough. That is if she insists on living with him o.
She better stay home with her mom it will give her the oportunity to have someone help her with baby while she try to make a living. Taking care of a child without help can be hard.
Re: My Aunty by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2015
@bennrayz and delishpot, jst hope my aunty listen. My uncle who represent as the father of d child on the naming ceremony, my aunty insulted him simply because he adviced her on dis same issue
Re: My Aunty by mutter(f): 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
Some men just panic at the responsibility.
I think she should give him a chance. The damage has already be done.
Children are a gift from God and today it is like a privilege for a child to have an intact home.
However she should ask him before going back what he has in mind.
This is the best time to pressure him to do the marriage.
When she gets into the home it might take a lot longer.
Some get married years after they have their children.
These women are unhappy about this.
You just wonder why your own is different. Why the man could not marry you.
Re: My Aunty by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
delishpot:
She is Lets say, "digging her grave deeper" by tge time they have 4 kids and he still isnt ready for marriage, what will she do? I kbow she is moving in with him because of what society will say about her. But uf she intend to right the wrong, she should makebhim and his family formaly ask for her hand in marriage and then pay a token as bride price since he is not bouyant enough. That is if she insists on living with him o.
She better stay home with her mom it will give her the oportunity to have someone help her with baby while she try to make a living. Taking care of a child without help can be hard.

bennyrazz:
surely something is wrong with the guy and something is wrong with your aunty and the thing is condomless weird sex. They are clearly both missing it. Is your aunty thinking she can get him to change his mind? clearly, that boy is very irresponsible and your aunt needs all the help she can get to take her mind off that boy. Your dad has said the right thing and that boy is not ready.Your dad has to go a step further by warning that boy who wants to ruin your aunt's life to live her alone else he would do something drastic. If your aunt goes on to live with him, he would impregnate her again
Re: My Aunty by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
mutter:
Some men just panic at the responsibility.
I think she should give him a chance. The damage has already be done.
Children are a gift from God and today it is like a privilege for a child to have an intact home.
However she should ask him before going back what he has in mind.
This is the best time to pressure him to do the marriage.
When she gets into the home it might take a lot longer.
Some get married years after they have their children.
These women are unhappy about this.
You just wonder why your own is different. Why the man could not marry you.
ahh egbami oooo !! wat is dis nonsense ? d man doesn't want her or d child n denying him , he doesn't hv money dis n dat 2 get out of responsibility, u r advicin her 2 move in with him , pressure him 2 marriage, ahh ahh. i swear pple like u want others 2 suffer. no b by force 2 marry a man who don't want u , when he starts takin out his anger on her , abusin her u will ask y did she force him 2 marry ha . abeg commot for here jor.

1 Like

Re: My Aunty by mutter(f): 10:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
aflyingbird:

ahh egbami oooo !! wat is dis nonsense ? d man doesn't want her or d child n denying him , u r advicin her 2 move in with him , pressure him 2 marriage, ahh ahh. i swear pple like u want others 2 suffer. no b by force 2 marry a man who don't want u , when he starts takin out his anger on her , abusin her u will ask y did she force him 2 marry ha marry. abeg commot for here jor.

The man was still in school. He must have been young and panicked. I don`t see how the woman is begging. She should just let the man make his intention clear.
I think it is the right thing to do since a child is there. Save what can be save.
Before she raises a child as a single mother, she should make use of the chance to let the father raise his child. The chance of them being a family.
That is the right thing to do.

I
Re: My Aunty by Ewuro4: 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
So what's your business with that?

She's a grown up adult and is responsible & accountable for her actions and consequences respectively. How is this complicated to grasp??

Nigerian Parents and Relatives should stop pampering overgrown babies jare. her life , her decision.
Re: My Aunty by delishpot: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2015
Intellectualokin:
@bennrayz and delishpot, jst hope my aunty listen. My uncle who represent as the father of d child on the naming ceremony, my aunty insulted him simply because he adviced her on dis same issue

Hian, make una leave her then! Before she will turn around and blame you guys for making her lose her dream man. Una don try nothing left to do.

(1) (Reply)

İ Am Very Angry / How Long Should a Widower Wait Before Remarrying. / They Beat Him Up After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.