Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers (9003 Views)

Join Other Programmers / Programming Jargons Other Programmers Don't Know / How Many Other Programmers Do You Personally Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 5:46am On Mar 15, 2015
An app that can predict when NEPA will take light depending on past data or information.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:25am On Mar 15, 2015
PenSoftCorp:
lets have a nigeria website where people can lash the government, make complaints about not having light for 2months, their bad roads, riots in their environment, etc
This looks like it will be much fun but Odikwa risky!
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2015
My two pence: create a gaming war app between nigerian troops and boko haram, the user will be the air commander, at the last level, the user will engage abubakar shekau, the invincible predator shouting 'Allahu akbar' and engaging the user in a very fierce deadly battle. And remember that shekau must have nine lives. At every shekau successfully killed, you write an inscription, 'the DSS has confirmed that the nigerian troops has killed shekau, blah blah blah......'

6 Likes

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 15, 2015
^^^that is a very great idea indeed - the only one actually worth coding after the NEPA app. Lol @ invincible predator shouting allahu akbar!
If not that I am seriously terrible busy, i would have started that right away - pc,mac, android, and ios too.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by PenSoftCorp(m): 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
toshodei:

What should we name the site? Also should we allow pictures and videos?
names that came to my head.
naijalife.com
ournaija.com

do u have any name suggestions?

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by PenSoftCorp(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
53cur3m0d3:

This looks like it will be much fun but Odikwa risky!
it would be fun, it is not risky cos it is anonymous
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
basbone:
My two pence: create a gaming war app between nigerian troops and boko haram, the user will be the air commander, at the last level, the user will engage abubakar shekau, the invincible predator shouting 'Allahu akbar' and engaging the user in a very fierce deadly battle. And remember that shekau must have nine lives. At every shekau successfully killed, you write an inscription, 'the DSS has confirmed that the nigerian troops has killed shekau, blah blah blah......'

I love this idea basbone. There should be more gaming apps. Educational gaming apps if possible.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

names that came to my head.
naijalife.com
ournaija.com

do u have any name suggestions?

As far as now, no but I like your name suggestions. As long as it is easy and catchy, it should be okay.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
What about a song translation app. Like if an Igbo person wants 2 hear Hausa/Yoruba songs in his/her language or watch certain movies in his/her languages. or vice versa. What do u think? With that said. This has been a great thread. We need more creative ideas.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by JackOfAllTrades: 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
toshodei:
An app that can predict when NEPA will take light depending on past data or information.
Lol those guys are drunk, they are highly unpredictable, sometimes they follow a pattern sometimes they just go haywire, good luck with that cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
Lol those guys are drunk, they are highly unpredictable, sometimes they follow a pattern sometimes they just go haywire, good luck with that cheesy

Dats pretty crazy, but I think every chaos has a certain patter to it. Like what if we could determine wheneva they go drink dat is when they'll take light. How do u feel on dat?
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 10:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
What if there was an app that could trade in data for food? Like 10 MB for a fish tail or 100 MB for a bowl of jollof rice?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by emmyvet(m): 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Nice ideas, how do guys see this a free call and messaging application(with find friends feature).
Thats combination of vibre +whatsapp + 2go rooms
(dont know why most Nigerians Are not using vibre like they use whatsapp)

3 Likes

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by davidsmith8900: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
emmyvet:
Nice ideas, how do guys see this a free call and messaging application(with find friends feature).
Thats combination of vibre +whatsapp + 2go rooms
(dont know why most Nigerians Are not using vibre like they use whatsapp)

I think it is a great idea, but how will it be better or different than Viber or Whatsapp? What can we do 2 make it better or nice? What can we add to it that will make people leave what they have and come 2 it?
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by davidsmith8900: 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
What about a website that could compare prices of everything from cost of living, to rent to electricity bill to oil to cement to taxi fare to danfo and etc across cities and states from Lagos to Kaduna and etc?

4 Likes

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by emmyvet(m): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
davidsmith8900:

I think it is a great idea, but how will it be better or different than Viber or Whatsapp? What can we do 2 make it better or nice? What can we add to it that will make people leave what they have and come 2 it?

Whatsapp limits you to your friends but now you have a room where you meet new friends and also call friends with packet data instead of airtime,
How do you see it?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by davidsmith8900: 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
emmyvet:

Whatsapp limits you to your friends but now you have a room where you meet new friends and also call friends with packet data instead of airtime,
How do you see it?

I think its nice. So Whatsapp only limits you to calling n texting your friends, but you are thinking of doing to those who are not our friends on Whatsapp. I think its great idea. We just have to understand Whatsapp architecture and develop or make it better from there. We might be able to start from here ~> http://www.quora.com/Instant-Messaging/What-is-WhatsApps-architecture-1
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by emmyvet(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
davidsmith8900:
What about a website that could compare prices of everything from cost of living, to rent to electricity bill to oil to cement to taxi fare to danfo and etc across cities and states from Lagos to Kaduna and etc?
Intetesting,
Is something like this not existing?
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by naijatechworld: 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
I always thought that Nairaland was a great website but can be hard trying to upload images from links by having to download it to your computer and then upload it manually. What if the images automatically appeared on Nairaland with a submit? Like once u paste the link in Nairaland, Nairaland bot gets the required pictures (not the ads) from the website and uploads it automatically.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by naijatechworld: 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
emmyvet:

Intetesting,
Is something like this not existing?

Ive heard of http://www.pricecheck.com.ng/ and http://www.ngpricehunter.com/ . Has anyone else heard of something different?
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by davidsmith8900: 11:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
A website where students can rate their professors and universities. 'This professor slept with me in order to pass'. 'This school has a bunch of cultism'. 'This school is very religious'. etc.

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by davidsmith8900: 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
Alot of Nigerian developers/programmers have made very enticing products but they are scattered all over the internet. What about a website where we can showcase apps, software and websites made by Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 16, 2015
^^^Oya now? another great idea again.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by JackOfAllTrades: 9:02am On Mar 16, 2015
davidsmith8900:
Alot of Nigerian developers/programmers have made very enticing products but they are scattered all over the internet. What about a website where we can showcase apps, software and websites made by Nigerians.
Yeah strictly Nigerian app store with all made in Nigerian apps from different categories, great!
NigeriaAppStore.com someone should buy this domain already and let's get started, bitbucket? anyone

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
Yeah strictly Nigerian app store with all made in Nigerian apps from different categories, great!
NigeriaAppStore.com someone should buy this domain already and let's get started, bitbucket? anyone

I like how this thread has alot of interesting people talking about good stuff. I wish we had like a ranking algorithm whereby for each idea/post that we like or dislike we can upvote or downvote and from there depending on the idea/post with the most points we can come together as one and create it.

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by JackOfAllTrades: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2015
^^ Ok let's vote then.
BTW @every one bitbucket repo has been created for NigeriaAppStore.
Please if you're participating show your interest, and the skills you're contributing, so you will be invited to the repo.

We need someone good in UI(css3, html5, JavaScript/Jquery), and some one good in UX(Provide quality images, beautiful responsive layouts, icons, provide cool color combo, fonts ) = 2 frontend guys.

we need backend guys too, (PHP Strictly OOP)

JackOfAllTrades -> contributing (php)
Suggestions are highly welcome, like what framework to use maybe dhtml.extreme framework etc

This project is expected to span for at most three weeks.

PS, we would need a host with ssh access.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by thewebcraft(m): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
PenSoftCorp:
i had this idea of a mobile newspaper app

wow... hoping on launching mine next week
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
What about a dating app whereby u can match people depending on their hobbies? Like what do they like to do for fun? What do they like to read? Etc.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
A location based police rating app whereby we can take a picture of each policeman at each checkpoint and comment on them.
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
Is there an app for Nigeria's Stock Exchange (NSE)?
Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
A Shazam for Nigerian songs? Is there something like this on the market already?

1 Like

Re: Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers by toshodei: 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
A website where businesses or food servers or restaurants can rate their customers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Help Me With VTU API / Is This What Big IT Firms Do? Please Help Me Out Nairaland Programmers / Dare Obasanjo (OBJ Junior): Microsoft IT Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.