Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

My First Time In A Cinema - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My First Time In A Cinema (20390 Views)

5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema / See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol / AY's 30 Days In Atlanta Declared Highest Grossing Film Of All Time In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 19, 2015
Arise o compatriots
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by DAIL(m): 8:24am On Feb 19, 2015
Welcome to the world
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Mrphilia: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2015
Lol this gal no go kill person
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by 1stola: 8:28am On Feb 19, 2015
Who put this shît on fp?
Next, I will start seeing nairalander's first time in the toilet.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by omenka(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2015
This is damn funny!! Lmao!!

Thanks op. smiley
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by UnknownT: 8:32am On Feb 19, 2015
My first time in a cinema too was an Adam Sandler movie, JUST GO WITH IT @ Genesis Deluxe GRA PH
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by oyatmicah(m): 8:36am On Feb 19, 2015
I dnt see anything embarrassing there o
U went there wit ur popcorn which is probably sweeter than theirs,
Lacassera which is more preferable to coke,
Nd caparisons to top it all.
Na u soji jare, cos dey wanted to shiit on u(cheat)
Bt dat was incredibly hilarious grin
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by freecocoa(f): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2015
This girl is nuts walai grin grin grin.

I vex too the first time I go cinema sha, to use 1k buy popcorn no be beans abeg. angry
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Warlord3000(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2015
Read this two days ago.... On NSG na shocked
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by wemmieslim(f): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2015
Space booked

Let me go back and read the novel!
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Wiseoldman: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2015
Yomieluv:
During school days then,before going to club,I would have knocked myself out with local ogogoro,then enter club to buy only table water..

The tipsy-ness will last till day break.

Can't afford the exorbitant fee of drinks then.

Lols, back in the days....it was fun sha....now we buy the lounge and send everybody home, because daddy wants to play...lol
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by j4sure(m): 8:48am On Feb 19, 2015
ok
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by femy2010(m): 8:49am On Feb 19, 2015
Very funny
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by spanzed(m): 8:51am On Feb 19, 2015
ewizard1:

This got me cracking like madt...
Same hia...
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:52am On Feb 19, 2015
Lol.. Funny you...
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by cutiepie01(f): 8:55am On Feb 19, 2015
safarigirl:
grin grin

Honestly, the FG has to do something bout the popcorn and soda situation in Nigerian cinemas. In Silverbird Abuja, popcorn is sold for 800 naira and soda sold for 300 naira, that's 1.1k already, transport will be no less than 2.5k cuz of things like cab and drop. The only good thing is that there's a discount for students and corpers.

A movie ticket costs 800 naira with ID card, so I plan to make use of that awoof for as long as I can grin....bottom line, I will still spend 5k for the ultimate cinema experience...but omo, I can't fit. I'll just take chewing gum and facemask into the viewing hall, I chew my gum and use the facemask to ensure all the enticing popcorn aroma does not disturb my nostrils grin

Lucky for me, many people are stingy here, so they're not likely to buy that 800 naira diabetes pack called popcorn grin
Pls how much discount do they give corpers?i plan visiting there soon
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by gmacnoms(m): 8:58am On Feb 19, 2015
So akpabio ddnt do dat #100 ish..... Jst a fallacy
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Chubhie: 8:59am On Feb 19, 2015
LOl at a BIG Rat terrifically terrorising the cinema after a jolly fellow came prepared with local dish and at you dashing the bouncer your collectibles in your minds eyes.

Thanks for keeping it real. You must be a good business manager with intent on getting value for your money. I love you.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by cutiepie01(f): 9:05am On Feb 19, 2015
Pls,to those of u dat have been to d cinema;Are people allowed to choose the type of movie they wanna watch?So that i'll prepare myself well b4 going.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Akalia(m): 9:07am On Feb 19, 2015
Babe's too dey fall hand.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Mikwus(f): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2015
Allureoftheseas:
Lmfao, poverty is a bastard.

Walahi my brother
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Uchizzy(m): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2015
funny thou
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Eureka123(f): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2015
Lol
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by safarigirl(f): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2015
cutiepie01:
Pls how much discount do they give corpers?i plan visiting there soon
I think corpers p 1k per movie or 800....just have 1k in your pocket and your ID
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by haryomikun(m): 9:31am On Feb 19, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
According to him, the price slash had led to an abuse of the arena as someone was caught eating from a foodflask of goat meat some days back and now there was a big rat they've been trying to kill in the cinema without success.

Hahahahahaha this place got me laughing hard cheesy cheesy grin
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by safarigirl(f): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2015
cutiepie01:
Pls,to those of u dat have been to d cinema;Are people allowed to choose the type of movie they wanna watch?So that i'll prepare myself well b4 going.
yes. Once you get to the cinema, you get to pick out any movie you want to watch.

Each movie is timed, so you may want to watch a movie that will be viewed sometime around 3 or 4pm...just in case, you should get to the cinema sometime around 12 (the goof movies are shown around that time)

So you get there at noon or 12:30pm, you buy whatever movie ticket you want to see (depending on if the time it's showing will be convenient for you eg a night time movie, may not be convenient), then you wait/hang around till the time the movie is showing and find your way to the viewing room, which will be located on the 2nd floor (the floor you buy the ticket and snacks)

Hope that helps smiley
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by tivta(m): 9:36am On Feb 19, 2015
On a serious note. I don't understand this "follow the crowd mentality". So those who have diabetics most also buy pop corn and coke? Well I don't believe you must do what ever others do to just enjoy a movie. In worst case scenario, I would just buy soda water. I have always hated popcorn. Never follow the crowd, do what makes YOU happy. As for using cab, that's unnecessary luxury if you clearly can't afford it. Thank God for internet downloads. One should only go to the cinema when you really have money to waste.

2 Likes

Re: My First Time In A Cinema by haryomikun(m): 9:40am On Feb 19, 2015
candygosh:
Funny piece reminds me of an even at sweet sensation. I guess this guys babe asked him to get her food and he ordered fried rice and beef 2 plates each. When the cashier told him the price was 1800. He just bluntly refused and said he's not buying oh that their food was too expensive. He then turned to me and was lamenting about how he's suprised. That day I just couldn't laugh. He later bought one tho cos the cashier said he must pay 4 one of the plates. He was hissing till he left
Loooool! Almost same with me sha. Went to sweet sensation to buy their food in take away for the first time last week. I just withdraw 3k for bank go buy the thing for my sisters coz I don promise dem. And they be 3 grin
Before dey sha package d food, I ask dem ow much one takeaway of food be. Dem tel me say 1,050 naira. I just sharply look behind me, see fine babes and whisper to d woman
"Pls ma, I only need two" grin
Na why I still remain broke up till this moment

1 Like

Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Odunharry(m): 9:44am On Feb 19, 2015
werey pipu plenty for this country..
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 19, 2015
safarigirl:
grin grin

Honestly, the FG has to do something bout the popcorn and soda situation in Nigerian cinemas. In Silverbird Abuja, popcorn is sold for 800 naira and soda sold for 300 naira, that's 1.1k already, transport will be no less than 2.5k cuz of things like cab and drop. The only good thing is that there's a discount for students and corpers.

A movie ticket costs 800 naira with ID card, so I plan to make use of that awoof for as long as I can grin....bottom line, I will still spend 5k for the ultimate cinema experience...but omo, I can't fit. I'll just take chewing gum and facemask into the viewing hall, I chew my gum and use the facemask to ensure all the enticing popcorn aroma does not disturb my nostrils grin

Lucky for me, many people are stingy here, so they're not likely to buy that 800 naira diabetes pack called popcorn grin

Una too get money for abuja na why. Which kin popcorn dem dey sell for 800? D thing na 500 here for IB, dt 200 naira na big money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] / Your Best Movie Quotes / Nollywood Now Making Sex Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.