Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

My First Time In A Cinema - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My First Time In A Cinema (20392 Views)

5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema / See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol / AY's 30 Days In Atlanta Declared Highest Grossing Film Of All Time In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 19, 2015
I actually watched a movie in a cinema along adeniran ogunsanya surulere, without popcorn, coke or what have u! i just paid for d movie, entered without taking any babe or any chops along; and i enjoyed myself!

the point is......no be must to chop/chew something for cinema!
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Jasi7(m): 9:56am On Feb 19, 2015
safarigirl:
grin grin

Honestly, the FG has to do something bout the popcorn and soda situation in Nigerian cinemas. In Silverbird Abuja, popcorn is sold for 800 naira and soda sold for 300 naira, that's 1.1k already, transport will be no less than 2.5k cuz of things like cab and drop. The only good thing is that there's a discount for students and corpers.

A movie ticket costs 800 naira with ID card, so I plan to make use of that awoof for as long as I can grin....bottom line, I will still spend 5k for the ultimate cinema experience...but omo, I can't fit. I'll just take chewing gum and facemask into the viewing hall, I chew my gum and use the facemask to ensure all the enticing popcorn aroma does not disturb my nostrils grin

Lucky for me, many people are stingy here, so they're not likely to buy that 800 naira diabetes pack called popcorn grin

Safari gurl...i heard that kanayo is nw a student wit ur faculty..I tot it ws a joke until sum1 showed me a pic and nw ure posing wit him in ur dp....
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by naijaboiy: 9:57am On Feb 19, 2015
safarigirl:
grin grin

Honestly, the FG has to do something bout the popcorn and soda situation in Nigerian cinemas. In Silverbird Abuja, popcorn is sold for 800 naira and soda sold for 300 naira, that's 1.1k already, transport will be no less than 2.5k cuz of things like cab and drop. The only good thing is that there's a discount for students and corpers.

A movie ticket costs 800 naira with ID card, so I plan to make use of that awoof for as long as I can grin....bottom line, I will still spend 5k for the ultimate cinema experience...but omo, I can't fit. I'll just take chewing gum and facemask into the viewing hall, I chew my gum and use the facemask to ensure all the enticing popcorn aroma does not disturb my nostrils grin

Lucky for me, many people are stingy here, so they're not likely to buy that 800 naira diabetes pack called popcorn grin
i have never used my student ID to watch a movie at the cinemas. Lol.

And for the popcorn,,why not go on Wednesdays it's always free with drink too grin
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by naijaboiy: 9:58am On Feb 19, 2015
tkyl:
I actually watched a movie in a cinema along adeniran ogunsanya surulere, without popcorn, coke or what have u! i just paid for d movie, entered without taking any babe or any chops along; and i enjoyed myself!

the point is......no be must to chop/chew something for cinema!
Oga na true you talk.

But trust nigerians na grin
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 19, 2015
While in PH, I hide my stuffs well and I use public vehicles down there...

I've never been to the cinema here shaaaaaa... undecided (abuja)
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:02am On Feb 19, 2015
Nice write up... Naija babes too dey form. grin

but such a promo cannot happen in lag. Imagine bouncing to silverbird to see a movie with just a #100 grin
some people who don't even watch films in their house would take their whole family(nuclear nd extended) to the cinema grin...

1 Like

Re: My First Time In A Cinema by komek(m): 10:14am On Feb 19, 2015
Yomieluv:
During school days then,before going to club,I would have knocked myself out with local ogogoro,then enter club to buy only table water..

The tipsy-ness will last till day break.

Can't afford the exorbitant fee of drinks then.

Bad guy, I think say na only me and my guys then dey do that thing o. We will buy kai kai (dry gin) for N10, then top it with Beer (Star) then. Bros the knocking no dey get mate o. Na so we go dey rock the club on a low level. All na sense sha. Student days no dey funny.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by mazumathe1st(m): 10:26am On Feb 19, 2015
Funjosh:
Lolz... You make me to remember my first time of using the lift stairs, i stood for up to 15mins watching how people use it grin
.......bros....bros. Bros!!!!!!!ow many times I call u?Lift stairsok,.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by komek(m): 10:34am On Feb 19, 2015
Jasi7:

Safari gurl...i heard that kanayo is nw a student wit ur faculty..I tot it ws a joke until sum1 showed me a pic and nw ure posing wit him in ur dp....

Very correct. He was just admitted to read Law in UniAbj. But that's after Bsc, Msc, MBA and NIPR. Dude wanna ansa a Barrister.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by cutiepie01(f): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2015
safarigirl:
I think corpers p 1k per movie or 800....just have 1k in your pocket and your ID
Thanks a lot.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by obstead200(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2015
naijasinglegirl,

u need to write a book. u are really funny and I always enjoy ur posts.
by the way, can u post ur pic? I want to see ur face
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by gbenga007(m): 10:57am On Feb 19, 2015
Yomieluv:
During school days then,before going to club,I would have knocked myself out with local ogogoro,then enter club to buy only table water..

Sure. That's the in-thing.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by KLand(m): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2015
Hilarious! Your sense of honour is well above average. Have you considered story writing? You will make a good writer.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by holysainbj(m): 11:13am On Feb 19, 2015
Lol..funny story but oga poster which cab dy collect u 7h undecided 4 inside Uyo....abi u sure say na Uyo u dy enta d cab?! ..i jst dy ask o grin
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by safarigirl(f): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

i have never used my student ID to watch a movie at the cinemas. Lol.

And for the popcorn,,why not go on Wednesdays it's always free with drink too grin
I need to get the ultimate cinema experience with minimal funds grin....

I have classes during weekdays, so I can't skip em so Wednesday cinemas will have to wait till hols or so

I haven't been to the cinemas in over a year
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by safarigirl(f): 11:54am On Feb 19, 2015
Jasi7:

he is o....but hhe hasn't been in class for some time
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
haryomikun:

Loooool! Almost same with me sha. Went to sweet sensation to buy their food in take away for the first time last week. I just withdraw 3k for bank go buy the thing for my sisters coz I don promise dem. And they be 3 grin
Before dey sha package d food, I ask dem ow much one takeaway of food be. Dem tel me say 1,050 naira. I just sharply look behind me, see fine babes and whisper to d woman
"Pls ma, I only need two" grin
Na why I still remain broke up till this moment

Lol lmao...its always better to ask before u buy. How uch is ur beef? How much is one portion? How much is this. It doesn't hurt.

1 Like

Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
come to Abuja where you watch movies 1k5, this money could feed you for a week. if you cook. meanwhile their sound system is outdated, ceilings are now pulling off, sound proof is messedup cos you could hear sounds/noise from the next hall.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
freecocoa:
This girl is nuts walai grin grin grin.

I vex too the first time I go cinema sha, to use 1k buy popcorn no be beans abeg. angry
don't mind them, the popcorn is for guys to buy for ladies, good for us in Abuja. we go to shoprite on the lower floor to pick stuffs like chocolate or Pringles. no time. cheesy
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Almightyperes: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
Wow, very interesting experience. Nice and comic story. You got talent my dear sister.
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by femzysticks(m): 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
Culled from http://www.naijasinglegirl.com

as usual. LoL

Hahaha
Nice piece

Next time before you do such, start saving early

Like from january to june
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Hawlahscho(m): 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
chinedumo:
I would [size=25pt]love to met[/size] this light hearted girl of Naijasinglegirl

your experence is the norm

[size=25pt]COME-ON!!! CORRECT THAT RED THING UP THERE [/size]
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Gemc3(f): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
Funjosh:
Lolz... You make me to remember my first time of using the lift stairs, i stood for up to 15mins watching how people use it grin

hahahahaahah!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by solid3(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2015
[size=24pt]Can someone go in to Silver Bird Abuja cinema with pop corn you bought outside other than the one being sold at the galleria? [/size]
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by itstpia8: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
Is it mandatory to eat popcorn during a movie?
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by SkinnyDude(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2015
Yomieluv:

lol. brokeness is a bastard.
school life is very crazy for we broke guys.
i eat buka without meat.
sometimes i tell the woman to mix all the soups she has for me.
when i go to club, i dont go in immedietly. i hang around the arena, waiting patiently for the time when bouncers will retire. cos' i cant afford to spend the little cash i have on gate fee.

btw, na this ur style sure pass oh!
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Jasi7(m): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2015
komek:

Very correct. He was just admitted to read Law in UniAbj. But that's after Bsc, Msc, MBA and NIPR. Dude wanna ansa a Barrister.

U can imagine...skul no dey tire am?
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Jasi7(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
safarigirl:
he is o....but hhe hasn't been in class for some time

Oh alryt...bt see as u small inside him grasp like say na by force snap shot o grin
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by chinedumo(m): 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hawlahscho:

[size=25pt]COME-ON!!! CORRECT THAT RED THING UP THERE [/size]

wetin dey there?
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by safarigirl(f): 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
Jasi7:

Oh alryt...bt see as u small inside him grasp like say na by force snap shot o grin
na so i small with everybody smiley
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by owenklay: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
Funjosh:

"Lift stairs" = Escalator
Re: My First Time In A Cinema by Funjosh(m): 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2015
owenklay:

"Lift stairs" = Escalator
kiss

Thanks smiley wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Best Movie Quotes / AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] / Nollywood Now Making Sex Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.