Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes (25490 Views)

University Of Ibadan Bans The Use Of "Hotplates" As Strike Looms / New Waste Bins Used In LASU (Photos) / LASU Bans The Use Of Hijab + Release New School Dress Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Orisirisi. So much for Nigerian 21st century undergraduates/education. Tufiaaaaaaaaa

thank God I'm no longer a student years back
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2135634_mo_jpeg_jpeg6e31a0ec49e38d5902e6a90e055ff6cd is the picture in this post of. Yours you? I really like that actress. Wish I could lick her.
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Geeprays1(m): 9:35am On Feb 18, 2015
niyiguy:

http://www.sharegist.com/lasu-bans-use-hijab-new-school-dress-codes/

That was quite proactive, they say a stitch in time saves nine
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Kingharzyz(m): 9:35am On Feb 18, 2015
ireneony:
I'm in support of banning hijab, but I totally disagree with the rest dress code.
Give one reason why you support banning of hijab?
Besides hijab was not banned and can never be ban in lasu.

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by GodMode: 9:35am On Feb 18, 2015
A school that promotes the use of "ass" and "yansh" is not a school...

This is a rumour until it is verified.

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by cold(m): 9:36am On Feb 18, 2015
So what else is left to wear?

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by alobam1: 9:36am On Feb 18, 2015
You see.muslims wld soon go ahead and start protesting despite the fact that it was the bulka that was banned..bunch of cry babies..why.would someone come to school dressed like Labaja?I tire ohhh.

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Adedayo516(m): 9:36am On Feb 18, 2015
herkeym001:

You're an undiluted fool and idiotically stupid. Omo ale jati-jati.
I think she meant the burka... Which is understandable... Those words were too off the limit just to support your so called beliefs though.. I thought religion taught yall to be civil and moral..

2 Likes

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2015
I particularly hate that burqah. Scary as fcck! I don't know how they feel comfortable wrapped up like that even in heat. It should be banned in the whole world. angry . Hijab is still ok at least we can see the face.

3 Likes

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Laid2001: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2015
This is attempt to instill corporate culture in our students.
In those days, the University does not have to make these rules they are naturally the norm!
University students dresses as if they are already working in the corporate world.

Note that the school was careful enough not to mention any religious dress by name. No metion of Hijab, Burka or camisole.

Just dress to make sure you comply and your face is not completely covered, shikena
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by aadrSales: 9:40am On Feb 18, 2015
This is a NEW ORIGINAL FACTORY SMART KEY
FCC ID: M3N5WY8609 Part# 164-R8092

2011 2012 2013 2014
FORD EXPLORER
FORD EDGE
2013 2014
FORD TAURUS
FORD FLEX
FORD ESCAPE
FORD FOCUS
2011 2012 2013 2014
LINCOLN MKX
2013 2014
LINCOLN MKT
LINCOLN MKS

Abuja Office Suite 1& 2 Mangal Plaza Area 11 Garki
+2348037421100

PH office; Bob Izua Park, OluObasanjo Road Port Harcourt
Phone +2348029193550

Lagos Office : +2348137606444
www.carkeysnigeria.com

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by milky3(f): 9:40am On Feb 18, 2015
dahreyM:
is YANSH an english word? Na wa oh
I think that was d word they need to use for their students to understand them better but they shd hve bracket it and place d correct word
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Maximus85(m): 9:45am On Feb 18, 2015
Arrant nonsense. Is it not the same lasu that has refuse to give us our results after 5years.
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 18, 2015
ireneony:
I'm in support of banning hijab, but I totally disagree with the rest dress code.

Why would u support d ban of hijab, but disagree with the rest?
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Bitojoe(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2015
jcflex:
this is not good enough, when is not a primary or secondary sch, higher institution student should have more of freedom and independent, as far as it is not indecent dressing.

not a muslim, jst saying, is not gud at all.

that means, wearing pants only will be better?
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by ladyabadi(f): 9:52am On Feb 18, 2015
You are addressed by the way you dress. Its high time students of higher institution dress properly. The ban on long and flashy weavon will help to equalize the rich and poor female students lol.

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by cutedimple(f): 9:53am On Feb 18, 2015
ednoville:
Damn! Even my days at Bowen wasn't this bad

I tire o. Even the rules at Babcock Uni is nt up 2 this

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Unclerukus: 9:53am On Feb 18, 2015
Maximus85:
Arrant nonsense. Is it not the same lasu that has refuse to give us our results after 5years.
dude,that problem is associated with the lasu external program( part time students) which have been discontinued not the full time program.
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by ednoville(m): 9:58am On Feb 18, 2015
cutedimple:

I tire o. Even the rules at Babcock Uni is nt up 2 this

help me ask them o, if na private uni the thing happen now hell will be let loosed
... Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by adeA1(m): 9:59am On Feb 18, 2015
Okey ooooo we dn hear oooo!!!!
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by watchindelta(m): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2015
Children school undecided still yet Nigeria nah still dam shit cool
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 18, 2015
nah starting dem get; dem no get finishing... It was stated in my school b4. Bt at d end.... cheesy
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Orisirisi. So much for Nigerian 21st century undergraduates/education. Tufiaaaaaaaaa

Wariz diz? shocked

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by mmsen: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2015
EddyNumerouno:
Students should learn to dress up as future leaders. Imagine someone wearing a sleeveless training Jersey to work on a Monday morning and seeing nothing wrong with it because he dressed like that to lectures and was never rebuked

Was Steve Jobs a 'leader'?

Did he waste time worrying about what he wore or did he focus his energies on the task at hand?
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by bawz012(m): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2015
ireneony:
bad belle de worry u....

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by clemz88(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2015
etiosa79:
Thank God say dem barn that burka.. Dey look like ninja's

Bt wait Waytin dem say make person come wear?? Plantain leaves?
no na cashew leaves
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by bawz012(m): 10:41am On Feb 18, 2015
Booqee2:
I particularly hate that burqah. Scary as fcck! I don't know how they feel comfortable wrapped up like that even in heat. It should be banned in the whole world. angry . Hijab is still ok at least we can see the face.
ma dear, its a free world... no one can force u to use d "burkah "... invariably no one should force anyone not to...

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by JEITO: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2015
Very good! It is time to go back to some of the morals we left behind.

Let us be able to differentiate between School and night clubs.
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by dayjee: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2015
Weytin man go come wear go skul now? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by hush15: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2015
i remember my days in that institution, life was more liberal. While i do support taking precautionary security measures, i strongly oppose extreme compromise on liberty of free living.
there are many other ways to address the security issues, i.e. consistent re-orientation programs on certain values, causes and effect, than placing unnecessary bans. thiks na strategy to introduce uniforms that lier mohammed or one of thier puppets will be supplying.

this wont change anything as i understand this uni so well and it would strongly reduce student memberships cos this is a school for middle and lower class who not opportuned to fashion options like my humble sef.

neway, look at this way...

indiscriminate banning, APC way. Now imagine at federal level where can ban or make impositions that only someone privy to their associations can have access to. its just the apc way.

losers.

GEJ 2019
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by bawz012(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
Good move and a welcomed development!

Say no to Jihad Hijab!
Say no to masquerade bourqa!.

Female Boko haram's are still active shocked
what happened to freedom to express one's self?...
has any (of hijab or burkah) harmed u personally?

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Elxandre(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2015
EddyNumerouno:
Students should learn to dress up as future leaders. Imagine someone wearing a sleeveless training Jersey to work on a Monday morning and seeing nothing wrong with it because he dressed like that to lectures and was never rebuked
Can you please tell us the dress code of future leaders?
Mark zuckerberg wears just his brown T shirt to work, yet he's one of the most influential people in the world!

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Seanixking: 11:01am On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:

wat's the pics for? Orh u tryna show us how student dressed b4 to seduced lecturers?
Pls explain'cnt really undastnd!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Friends Abuse Me Because I'm Schooling... / Amotekun Killed University Of Ibadan Student, Attacked Union Leaders - NANS / 11 Types Of Neighbours In Off-campus Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.