Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes (25492 Views)

University Of Ibadan Bans The Use Of "Hotplates" As Strike Looms / New Waste Bins Used In LASU (Photos) / LASU Bans The Use Of Hijab + Release New School Dress Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by jcflex(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2015
Bitojoe:

that means, wearing pants only will be better?

Talking of indecent dressing and decent dressing, his hijab usage, jst to cover part of your one face, make one dress indecent.

I Dnt knw why some pple think with their anus
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by JayJustus(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2015
naaaaaa this is great...bridging the gap between rich and poor students especially females... dem go hear am...
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:33am On Feb 18, 2015
Elxandre:

Can you please tell us the dress code of future leaders?
Mark zuckerberg wears just his brown T shirt to work, yet he's one of the most influential people in the world!

Mark Zuckerberg is a dropout and BTW, most developers work at home, but then you can't compare mark z who is self employed to an office worker who has to abide by the rules of society
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Rajjah(f): 11:38am On Feb 18, 2015
wow nice one. Bet lots of babes wil b disappointd....
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 18, 2015
If all these rules were passed in my school, UNILAG, the school management would be like "Did these children not come from the Lagoon?" UNILAG students would just be doing the opposite...I know my brothers and sisters better. UNILAG students wey don chop strong-head winch meni wella.
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Southboy(m): 11:40am On Feb 18, 2015
EddyNumerouno:

Mark Zuckerberg is a dropout and BTW, most developers work at home, but then you can't compare mark z who is self employed to an office worker who has to abide by the rules of society
So every Lasu student wants to be an office worker?
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by codedguy1(m): 11:43am On Feb 18, 2015
Na agbada for guys and blouse, gele and wrapper for girls naim students go wear go lecture now. That would be a sight.

Chai Lagos state unifersity.

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by egbason: 11:50am On Feb 18, 2015
I strongly support the good idea of check mating the fashion sense of our today's undergraduates not withstanding the fact that it's a tertiary institution. Our days of undergraduate wasn't abused as we see it today. The easy access of the internet and social media are worsening this trend, hence the strong need of they being checked. They are still being moulded ofcourse. How do u explain the craze of writing on ur dress obscene things. Let's make them know it's wrong. As for the burka, beside the fact that its a social/secular institution, I think the spate of suicide bombings/bombers in different disguises, suffice that.

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Reference(m): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2015
Laid2001:
This is attempt to instill corporate culture in our students.
In those days, the University does not have to make these rules they are naturally the norm!
University students dresses as if they are already working in the corporate world.

Note that the school was careful enough not to mention any religious dress by name. No metion of Hijab, Burka or camisole.

Just dress to make sure you comply and your face is not completely covered, shikena

Hmmmm. So they now all dress as if they want to work for Don Jazzy...
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Reference(m): 11:54am On Feb 18, 2015
mmsen:

Was Steve Jobs a 'leader'?

Did he waste time worrying about what he wore or did he focus his energies on the task at hand?

You chaps just love extremes. And how many Steve Jobs are there even in America. Please the bulk of these misfits don't even come close.
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Reference(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2015
Elxandre:

Can you please tell us the dress code of future leaders?
Mark zuckerberg wears just his brown T shirt to work, yet he's one of the most influential people in the world!

Another. Can you show me one Mark Zuckerberg in LASU to justify the wearing of rags to lectures.
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by SAMBARRY: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
Seanixking:

wat's the pics for? Orh u tryna show us how student dressed b4 to seduced lecturers?
Pls explain'cnt really undastnd!
this is a free country not some damn sharia country where everyone is free to wear whatever they like and wherever they like. How can you now be dictating what students should and should not wear in 2015 meanwhile the learning facilities in lasu is nothing to write home about.i even heard from my kid brothers friend that before he graduated that the ict centre in lasu has been closed. Instead of seeing how they can meet up with the 21st century university style of learning it is clothes that is their problem.shioor
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by SAMBARRY: 12:11pm On Feb 18, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Wariz diz? shocked
she is a girl smiley
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by SAMBARRY: 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
Segeggs:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2135634_mo_jpeg_jpeg6e31a0ec49e38d5902e6a90e055ff6cd is the picture in this post of. Yours you? I really like that actress. Wish I could lick her.
it's not me o

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by SAMBARRY: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
That's how students should dress to class as per those two pictures up there tongue wink
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by FarmTech(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
This is good! But as usual, some people never appreciate good things. At least this will reduce lust.
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by tiswell(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Orisirisi. So much for Nigerian 21st century undergraduates/education. Tufiaaaaaaaaa

thank God I'm no longer a student years back
Was that really the way u dressed to lectures in ur dayssad
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
she is a girl smiley

shocked undecided wink
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by khassy(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
I usually don't comment but this got me laughing
I used to diss my school for their strict dress code.. Ours is better tho
#Unilorin
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by TMIKNOW: 1:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
For those looking for prove. Thats it. All these rules are not so bad. It doesnt mean u have to stop being ur fashionable self. Fashion is not abt wearing transparent leggings and spaghetti. Fashion is abt being classy. U cn b classy with the little you hav. Its all about improvising smiley grin

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
Act right. Am so loving dis wink
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by anigbajumo(m): 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
milky3:
Na to dey wear iro and buba sure pass cheesy
LASU management don reason una matta o
I foresee other institution emulating those rules
dem no fit try it here @Lautech
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by chachanga: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
Bush meat has finally caught the hunter... grin
how do they expect the "bigz gals" market to sell now cry?
raining on campus olosho's parade?! Abeg, VC & Academic Board, take time o!

Meanwhile, see the Post-Val Transformation the school is engineering in the student's Dress code... grin

#somSanityInTheSystem
#BringBackOurDecency

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by iswallker(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Orisirisi. So much for Nigerian 21st century undergraduates/education. Tufiaaaaaaaaa

those thighs though... tongue tongue
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by stinggy(m): 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Nice pic wink

The reason for uploading isn't clear though lipsrsealed
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by donbenie(m): 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
So,after banning these,wetin come remain again to wear? Everything is banned until proven otherwise o..and if I done get tattoo for body before nko,how them go do am?

1 Like

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
ireneony:
I'm in support of banning hijab, but I totally disagree with the rest dress code.
why should u be in support of banning hijab: 1) That is their religion,their identity. 2) That is their belief, their values. 3) That is what they believe God said. How will u feel if ur whole belief and identity is taken away from you? Moreso, I may support the banning of Burka for identification and security reasons but HIJAB? HELL NO, U see their face with Hijab on or don't u? U support the ban of hijab but disagree with the ban of others like revealing and provocative dresses? U didn't disagree with tatoos ooh. Moreso, U may think maybe people wearing hijab are being forced to,well, they aren't! It is their wish and they don't feel complete without it. They are satisfied with it. They complain to no one so leave them alone

2 Likes

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by sidecheek(f): 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dem for ban you not to even enter canteen for front gate¿
grin grin no b say d schl na better school Ooooo¿
SAMBARRY:

Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Horllamideh(m): 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
countsparrow:
Lasu baba...

Glorified secondary school...
Na Unilorin get dat title o....Secondary skul gidi ni unilorin o
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by Mosb(m): 6:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
students are planning to protest. hope it doesn't work out.... m in support of erryfn except d "shirt with button part"
Re: LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes by adedayourt(m): 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
etiosa79:
Thank God say dem barn that burka.. Dey look like ninja's

Bt wait Waytin dem say make person come wear?? Plantain leaves?

Nop, dey want studnts to strap demself wit elephant grass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amotekun Killed University Of Ibadan Student, Attacked Union Leaders - NANS / 11 Types Of Neighbours In Off-campus Hostels / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Reach Agreement With Reps, Await Buhari’s Approv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.