Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? (14873 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Here’s Everything You Should Expect When Moving In With Your Boyfriend / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by momoney1(m): 5:38am On Sep 02, 2006
it's an adventurous move and you know what it means, in war it's either you conquer or you die, in this case either you get him all for yourself till the end smiley or you make him look good and attractive for others to take over from you and you loss cry. follow your heart, but for me i don't like the idea goodluck.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2006
olodo yes i took it personal.anyway for your information i will invite you for the wedding soon enough let us see who will have d last laugh cos u expect this thing to blow up in my face.well too bad it's not gonna turn out the way yu think it will,so pls don't term my relationship as unfortunate.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by eselove(f): 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2006
i do not think moving in with your boy friend would provide the right atmosphere for your relationship to blossom and also be what you would cherish later in future. there is a need for 'space' when you are not married to some one. for a healthy relationship, you need a certain amount of 'space' so you can have time for yourself. if you do not intend to have a future without regrets, you can go ahead. but if you desire to have the best opportunity brings your way then don't move in with him. no matter the pressure, always think of your future.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Awo4(m): 9:18am On Sep 04, 2006
[size=24pt]Capital NO![/size] From the way you posted this topic it's obvious that you're already sleeping with him so the damage is half done. Sorry to be blunt but the fact is he is human and could kick you out of his place when he gets tired of you(Remember, you're not married). Be wise.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by iice(f): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2006
Even if they are married he can still kick her out rolls eyes
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by New(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2006
Although I haven't read all the posts, it appears that a lot of people still feel that sex before marriage is taboo and that living with the person you love is unforgiveable!

I agree with mamaput's reasoning that knowing what your kid's are upto is preferable to pretending that they are still virgins. how many 18 year old virgins are in universities in Nigeria? How many tell their parents they are going to see a cousin, instead go to see a boyfriend?

Living with someone helps you know them better, their habits (good and bad), before accepting that this is person you would like to spend the rest of you life (60+ years) with, rather than getting married first and then realising that you don't actually want to be with this person.

In my opinion, as long as they are over 21 they can move in with their partners, 18+, they can spend weekends and holidays together 'cos i'd rather know!
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by gigitte(f): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2006
lol it appears a lot of ppl are still bible believing christians!

marriage is different from cohabitation. let me tell you. there are some things, major things for that matter that you will only find out about when you are married. tis is becasue marriage requires a greater level of sacrifice, compromise and commitment than cohabitation. u didnt not stand before God and man when u are trying to cohabit. anyway marriage is al about loving someone enough to make it work. so i dont see what purpose cohabitation serves. no body was created on this earth to be perfect housemate, roommate, flatmate or soulmate, you've got to give and take. if you dont like your roomate, you can get another one. but not so for marriage. i think when u are entering marriage ur saying im willing to accept u and all ur dirty habits and make it work. cohabitation is just lazy, u are just trying out to see if you guys work with minimal stress and commitment. something is sweeter and much more appreciated when u know how much work went into it.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by mamaput(f): 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2006
What about those of us that do or did not marry in the church?
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by gigitte(f): 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2006
even if you did not marry in the church, you are still making a commitment before government and man. that is why witnesses are required not so?
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2006
no i dont think its advisable to move into the same apartment cause these make cause a lot of problems in the future.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2006
a word should be enough for the wise.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by SEWENSKY(m): 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2006
Omo that one na ogun State university's tradition. But from experience its not the best.It doesnt end up well. If you decide to follow your heart, i wish you all the best.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by kboy2z(m): 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2006
Move in with him it's not a problem, I do live with my girlfriend also.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Ndipe(m): 2:57am On Oct 14, 2006
Premarital sex is a no no. Wait till both of you get married.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by deltree(m): 12:30am On Oct 19, 2006
Pls dont even think twice. My advise to u is this, do not move in wit him. U guys will take each other for granted and in the end u may lose respect for each other. ONCE IN A WHILE, u can spoil him a little and spend the nite over. Co-habiting is not the best
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by gem87(f): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2006
@ kboy2z
do u mind sharing ur xperience?
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2006
I didn't know this thread was still alive.
Since you're still asking move in and report back in 9 months if it's a boy or girl.

I'm really saying don't move in,sugar
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by sammyjl(f): 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2008
undecided We'll give u all the advices we can think of, reasons not and or to move in with your boyfriend but in the end it all depends upto u. And in the long run u will make the decision. First of all, think of the dis/advantages, before u take up this step. I aint saying move in or dont move in. Think of the consequences this can have in the long run, are they good or bad. U know in a relationship, things dont always go smoothly at times, its a two way street and two make it work.
Think hard before u decide to do whateva it is that u r gonna do.
Goodluck!!!!!
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by destinysgu(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2008
y can't u get engage to him, if u really luv him cuz
4 a lady living wit a guy hmmmmmmmmmmm , anything can happen at anytime !!!
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by OmoLagPH(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2008
HELL NOOOOOOOOOOO, shocked shocked
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by MyneWhite1(f): 2:51am On Dec 03, 2009
You can now download a copy of the ebook here on LULU

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4531432
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by chicah(f): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2009
she cant move in yes but is it still o.k for her to visit him and spend like 3 days or a week with him from time to time
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by ohwofasa(m): 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2009
gem87:

thnx 2 y'all 4 your wonderful opinions, it means a lot 2 me
our course lasts 3 yrs as sum of u wondered and we're in d UK
he's actually propsed n i said no on d grounds dat i'm young and not ready
we're totally commited 2 our r/ship n hv been thru a lot 2gether
wht i'm thinkin is i believe dat wht;s gonna happen is gonna happen so if things get messed up in d course of our livin 2gether den it ws neva mant 2 b,
we r responsible and cn deal wiv issues dat cum up along d way,
but keep on giving me your views, thnx.
pls if u guys love urself dat much den he should jus go ahead 2 do d rite thing,pls dnt,it has affected my rltnship 2x now n i will nt advice anybody 2 do same plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by skeed19: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2009
Pls know what your priorities are in life, the worst thing that can ever happen to anyone, is to have eyes, but no vision! you are in school to study, not to go and be fornicating! why give the devil such a pleasant ground to toil with your lifew? its disheartening the kind of councel we give to people. the issue is, if ur father or mum was to come visiting and see you in the room with a man, what would you have made them to look like? there is time and season fro everything under the face of the earth.
this time is for your studies, not to warm a mans bed; when you give ur most valuable to him, you are automatically bound spiritually with him. please watch it, and advice yourself.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by igotalk(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
See this is what i dont get, yeah its a thread people are meant to disucss things, but certain things shouldnt be brought into a thread. you gonna let some no relationship, loners, cheaters etc decide what you should do after 4 or 3yrs with ur partner? if you realy need to talk, talk to ur friends or people you know in similar situations cuz people will simply chat crap they dont know about on here
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Enoyoh: 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2009
My dear please dont move in with him because very soon he will get too familiar with you,
your body and everything you can think of.

PLEASE DON'T, OK?
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by twinskenny(m): 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2010
hmm dats risky, it will be better if u can stay or get your place
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by santanovva(m): 11:32am On Jan 11, 2010
I am not saying he'll dump you, neither am i saying he wont but if you want your relationship to have a future (a good one at that) dont move in with him, shikena!
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by bigrod1: 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2010
[size=16pt]@poster,

abeg abeg which kain thing be dis.u no wan give d bobo space.haba,give urself some respect by staying away until u guys are married.haba,whats this world turning to
[/size]
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by piccadot(f): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2010
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Ada4u1(f): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2010
Know very well that ur respect and dignity will be affected. Will your parenst and R/tive be happy and still see u as a responsible girl if they realise ur staying with a man? Will you be able to concentrate very well in ur studies?
It is good in every R/ship to give each other space, see once in a while, you will enjoy it better.
REASON: yOU MAY BE TIRED OF EACH OTHER AND HATRED WILL COME IN.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by HTownEve(f): 1:01am On Dec 09, 2010
Wao, I just stumbled into this old post.

It is this kind of hypocrisy that is killing Nigeria.  A lot of so called Born Again Nigerians are having pre marital sex and aborting babies and pretending to be all holy. 
I have heard of some girls aborting their babies so that they don’t show on their wedding day.  Saaad.   embarassed

Mamaput[color=#990000][/color]: I understand where you are coming from.  You are doing a great job of raising your daughters.  Prevention is always better. 

The poster only asked about moving in with her partner and everyone is talking about premarital sex knowing that a lot of them are doing it o. 

Who knows if it is the female that might dump the male after cohabiting with him? 
It is different with everybody and Cohabitation does not mean sex in all cases; it is more difficult to avoid sex when living together though. 

If couples are mature enough to tolerate each other, then give it a shut.  But they should keep it at the back of their minds that it might or might not work out. 
Mind you, a lot of college students live together on Campus but pretend when they get home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Slay Queen Storm Benin Night Club In Braless Outfit - Fans React (pics) / Gym Instructor Gets Aroused, While Checking Out A Female Client's Thigh (Photos) / Sex And Love 9 Things WOMEN Expect From MEN Before, During And After SEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.