Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? (14874 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Here’s Everything You Should Expect When Moving In With Your Boyfriend / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by gem87(f): 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2006
we've been goin out 4 a little over 3 yrs now and everything is really fine
for some reason he wnts 2 cum 2 d same uni as me and him being him would definitely wnt 4 us 2 stay together

wht do u guys think?
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by mamaput(f): 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2006
Even if you move in with him, it is always good to have a place of your own no matter how small. Just as a back up . for some time. specially if you are still in school
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by gem87(f): 11:48pm On Aug 27, 2006
thnx
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Remmzy(m): 12:58am On Aug 28, 2006
moving in with him shocked is not a crime but i tell you that it will definately cause over familiarity between both parties, which might make him loose the much adored respect he has for you. Should believe you are still courting or going out  whatever, So Do look well before leaping, think of the future because courting don't equals marriage. Any thing can happen! lipsrsealed
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by GNature(m): 1:20am On Aug 28, 2006
gen87,

Don't move in with him yet. I don't think you guys are ready for that at this point in
your relationship.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 28, 2006
1 more reason why he should not marry you! Why should he bother with marrying you when he already enjoys the benefits of marriage for free?
Very soon he'd be bored and looking out for someone else to fulfil another fantasy of his. More than 50% of live-in couples in the US end up breaking up, a word is enough for the wise!
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by gigitte(f): 2:40am On Aug 28, 2006
unless u ppl are beyond poor, dont move in with him oh
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by dondele(m): 3:34am On Aug 28, 2006
see them and their mouth like dont move in with him. move in if u trust him.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by otokx(m): 3:43am On Aug 28, 2006
No try am or ,
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Oracle(m): 4:47am On Aug 28, 2006
Sounds like a good idea but i wouldn't advice you to do that, you people should have places of your own. it makes the relationship more fun.
Being able to visit him and him visit you, i'm not just looking at it from the fun aspect but it might cause some problems you wouldn't expect.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by sbm4real(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2006
my dear,
thats not a good thing to do at this stage of your life.as someone earlier said,he will surely dump you or at hte most,wont marry you.he cant stay with you for years while in university and marry you.he will turn u into a sex machine and dump u
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by mamaput(f): 9:39am On Aug 28, 2006
Its not every boyfriend you have that you are going to mary any way.
Thats why its also good to have a place of your own like i said b4 as a back up.
If staying together dose not work out , then they were not meant for each other.
All of you that assume the man /boy will dump her.
Think about this, she may be the one to dump him on getting to know him better.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by sbm4real(m): 10:25am On Aug 28, 2006
mamaput,i agree with you.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by iice(f): 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2006
I agree with mamaput, have a place even if its small for back up just incase things dont work out. If you are ready to move in do so, if you have doubts/reservations then dont
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by mamaput(f): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2006
If Gem Is Nigerian as i assume she has to reckon that her people will come and visit.
Parents are not fools, they know that their children , drink smoke and have sex, but kids do not have to rub it in.
A small place of your own is good to receive family members.
It is possible that even the little sister may want to come and stay.
An not saying hide it only do not rub it in.
Its good to have a place of your own .
At such a young age do not play the permant wife .
Take time out for your girlfriends and when they stay over than at your place.
Or when exams are round the corner.
You can spend as much time with him as you want but once in a while go to your own place.
So that he will also do things for him self.
Not that you will end up even washinghis clothes
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by sbm4real(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2006
gem87, i beg you in the name of God,dont move in with him.i am a guy and i know what all this is about.please.if you have your house,he could come see u anytime but staying with a man you are not married to is not advisable. i am sure your parents wont be happy to hear that.protect your integerity for God's sake.i wish you the best
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Remmzy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2006
@gem87
[b]i have given my own opinion an would add;  grin Ask yourself this question "a you ready for this challenge & its future outcome" if yes. Let your heart lead you. Wish you .[/b]Aja to ba fe sonu ko ni gbo fere olode lipsrsealed
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by ezenwayi(f): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2006
it is not african for a girl to move in with her boyfriend,because the boy will disregard u and one day he will definitely throw u out,that will be a big blow and great shame to u. so as an advice to young girls out there dont move in with your boyfriend.cheers catch ya
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by mamaput(f): 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2006
But its okey to sleep with him and go home that same day?
Its okey to have sex everyday as long as you go home.?
I know people that have got married. people that knew themselves through secondary school and university.
If he says he no want later then he will only use it as an excuse.
What i know its in very rare cases that people marry their childhood friends and the university will open a door to a whole new world.Both of them will meet different people of different races and different outlooks.
So lets not go so far as to think about marrage?
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by COMPAQ(m): 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2006
mama put!!! at 42 u shouldn't be advising d girl to even move in at all. na so you go advise your own pikin!!!!!!!!!!!?
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by mamaput(f): 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2006
Ho yes i will .
Better than running off with sugar daddy or fucking around.

Please lets not fool our selves we all know what campus life is all about.
Infact i will even sleep better at night knowing that my daughter is in good hands and the boy is taking care of her.
But thats me.
My daughter has had a boyfriend and she travelled with him for 3 weeks to Montenegro.
Even when his Mother Travelled she moved in with him for a month to help him out because he cannot cook etc etc.
They are no longer together but it has nothing to do with them living together.
But she has learned through the experience what she will take from a man and what not.
She knows today she will never be with a man that cannot cook or clean.
And she knows that asny man she gose out with has to respect her at least the way he respected her.And took care of her (And by that i do not mean money wise)
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Remmzy(m): 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2006
@mamaput
please! you are from which tribe mamaputgrin
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by mamaput(f): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2006
You did not answer my question so why should i answer yours.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by sbm4real(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2006
mamaput,i trip ooooooo!haba!which kind example you wan leave for young people on this site,dey fear GOD o! shocked
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by mamaput(f): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2006
Women should know the man they are /want to marry better.
Be4 a dream becomes a nightmare.And there is no way out.
They are having sex already . So the time of the day dose not matter .
Even today better MY DAUGHTER sleeps in her boyfriends house than come home on her own in the middle of the night.

Its either a yes or a no To SEX and anyone that says yes to sex should not pretend as if there is a more Moral way of having it.
Why give a fake advise just for (What sake).
Nigerians have always been good at pretending.
Some daughters bring home there sugardaddy goods and the parents act as if the believe the stupid story the daughter tells them were she had the goods from.

Someparents send there kids back to school with so little pocket money and fool them selves their daughters are managing that little money .
But when its slapped in their face they will shout the loudest and point the longest fingers.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Eurphoria(f): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2006
[size=16pt]NO NO NO NO PLS DON'T[/size] do this wrong move
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by beelyjay45(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2006
my advise 4 u is dat u guys shld brake up till u finish from the university becos its bad enough dat both of u re goin to d same higher institution and u still want to stay 2gether before both of u know u will be sworn enemies 4 ever, so in a nutshell babe DONT EVEN TINK ABOUT IT.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by naijacutee(f): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2006
If you are trying for kids, then yes its advisable.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by obua: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2006
Sex  outside marriage is frowned at in every society.
From a christain point of view, it is a sin. Living together before marriage is "self abuse".
My sincere advice to you is to avoid it.
There is nothing good waiting for both of you at the other end of the tunnel.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by sexynes(f): 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2006
[b]I would definitely not advise it. Moving in is one step away from marriage and if you are not sure about it then why bother. If he's someone your serious about, then definitely don't move in with him. You know what they say, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
Mamaput, I agree with you on some things but not all. I definitely don't think that moving in with a boyfriend is advisable whether or not they are having sex. There are social issues to consider as well as moral issues. Let's face it, if the guy is African, there are certainly somethings he has instilled in him that we cannot ignore. Most guys like the idea of having a live-in sex partner but when it's time for marriage, he won't know how to shapen his mouth to tell his family that the girl has been living with him for a while and let's face it, not all mothers think like you. I know for sure that my boyfriend's mother would start to wonder what kind of girl I was if I were to move in with her son. And what if our friend here gets pregnant and the guy is not for any kind of serious commitment, then what?
Well, gem87, I wish you luck with you boyfriend but please act with maturity and be practical about your decision; love doesn't always make sense and that's why it would be best for you to take a moment to weigh the pros and cons of the situation. [/b]
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Remmzy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2006
mamaput:

You did not answer my question so why should i answer yours.
[b]there exist no questions in your post shocked, she dont have to sleep with sugar daddies of course & i dont tink she mentioned that grin.[/b]Its a simple case.
Re: Moving In With My Boyfriend: Advisable Or Not? by Oracle(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2006
This is one topic that has really drawn reasonable contributions from fellow nairalanders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Your Girlfriend Compares You With Her Ex? / . / Sex And Love 9 Things WOMEN Expect From MEN Before, During And After SEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.