Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings (2115 Views)

When He Tries To Dump You Before Valentine's Day (Hilarious Photo) / How Do I Tell My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings / 6 Ways To Get A Girlfriend Without Spending Much In This Hard Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by jerrymej(m): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2015
If you know that your girlfriend is wrong for you,
then it is time to end the relationship. That can
sound easy at first, but can be very difficult to
execute, especially if you are afraid of breaking
her heart. However, the worst thing that you can
possibly do is drag on a relationship if you are
unhappy. Learn how to break up with someone
with decency, tact, maturity and caring.
STEP 1
Explain your reason for wanting to break up with
clarity. Breaking up with a girlfriend with vague
and convoluted reasoning can just leave her
upset, paranoid and more confused. Before
breaking up with her, take a long hard look at
your thought process and examine your true
reasons. Make sure your decision is truly how
you feel. Whether you feel you are taking
different paths in life or fight too much, be
honest and open with her about your reason to
terminate the relationship for good.
STEP 2
Firmly close the door on the relationship. One
mistake people often make when breaking up is
leaving hope that the relationship might have a
future again someday, even when it doesn't.
Avoid giving your girlfriend false hope about the
future if you intend on breaking up permanently.
This will only lead to hurt feelings and more
heartache for her in the end.
STEP 3
Avoid breaking up on the phone. Break up with
your girlfriend face-to-face, in person. Breaking
up through a phone call can come across as
heartless, impersonal and just plain rude. Make
the effort and take the time to do so in person.
This will show her that you value your former
relationship enough to speak to her in person.
STEP 4
End the relationship as soon as you realize it is
over. As soon as you determine that the
relationship has no future and is going nowhere,
break up with your girlfriend. Remaining in a
relationship you want to flee is unhealthy and
can leave you with feelings of resentment and
suffocation. Stringing your girlfriend along is
also selfish. Avoid wasting your time and hers.
Break up with her as soon as you come to your
realization.
STEP 5
Break up with your girlfriend privately. Breakups
can be very emotional situations. Provide your
girlfriend with the dignity of a quiet and private
location when you break up with her, whether it
is at your house or in a quiet nook of a park.
Avoid taking her to a romantic spot (such as a
favorite restaurant), however, as that could
mislead her into thinking that everything is fine
between the two of you.
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 18, 2015
Hmmm
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by falconey(m): 8:33am On Feb 18, 2015
what if my reason is dumping her for her friend .........you think it won't hurt her feelings?
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by adanduka: 8:49am On Feb 18, 2015
Is it possible to dump someone without hurting her feelings?
You desire her, lie and go all out to get her, you use her and then you dump her without hurting her feelings
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by jerrymej(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2015
falconey:
what if my reason is dumping her for her friend .........you think it won't hurt her feelings?

Dumping her for her friend is a silly and quite obvious act I guess.
It's bad of you coming in between friends to ruin them.
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by falconey(m): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2015
jerrymej:

Dumping her for her friend is a silly and quite obvious act I guess.
It's bad of you coming in between friends to ruin them.
Is legal.....isn't it?
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by Xb4Real: 8:56am On Feb 18, 2015
Trust me dude, I ran in here thinking I was gonna find something helpful cos dat's exactly de problem am facing now. Last yr I broke up wit two gals and one so far this yr and all felt very hurt and my conscience never ceases tormenting me each time I see deir Hrt-touching messages. I learnt something here now but dat ur Step 3, no vex, na including Naija here. Try am where Naija babe dey, na ur body go tell u. The best and coded way to do it is via phone. Refuse to take her call for some days and when u finally take it and she nags and accuses u (cod they must do) den, you have just hit the nail at de head. Feel offended and end.

But don't blame me later if it fails cos dat's my method so far but none has worked for me. But who knows, e fit work for u.
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 18, 2015
Nah. The best way to make her not get hurt is to let her dump you.

Change your ways, start acting weird, Piss her off to the extent she can't bear it anymore.

Let her dump you thinking it was the best decision of her life.
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:20am On Feb 18, 2015
The best way is to plan for it. You should plan to breakup in abt 3 to 6 months time. During this buffer period, you drop 'bread crumbs' or clues for him/her (reduced calls and txts, only reply chat msges dont send first, start baseless arguments and accusations, exhibit some pride and arrogance and never apologize, etc).
After this period, go for the home run and nobody will be hurt because they'll think that they expected it, but in reality, you actually prepared their mind for it. The beauty of this method is that the person u are trying to breakup with may be the one to eventually breakup with u...hehehehe.
NB:
there is a slight glitch to this method tho, the heart is a crazy organ, just when u are achieving ur aim, u start to really appreciate the person but then it becomes too late and the tables may turn.
Solution:
Use ur head not ur heart and make up ur mind not to go back to your vomit.
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by veekid(m): 9:32am On Feb 18, 2015
none of the reasons here can work for a Nigerian gal
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2015
angry

Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by tosyne2much(m): 11:24am On Feb 18, 2015
Blackett:
Nah. The best way to make her not get hurt is to let her dump you.

Change your ways, start acting weird, Piss her off to the extent she can't bear it anymore.

Let her dump you thinking it was the best decision of her life.
hahahahahaha lwkmd grin

i mean who likes to be dumped by a lady cheesy
Re: How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
hahahahahaha lwkmd grin

i mean who likes to be dumped by a lady cheesy
No one. You won't feel it if you're actually expecting her to.

It's a mind game for the pros.

(1) (Reply)

Pics: With God All Things Are Possible. / When Romanceland Was Romanceland, Who Remembers This ?! / Fat Guys Seeking Slim/sexy Girls | Fat Ladies Seeking Guys W/16 Pacs - Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.