Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? (893 Views)

Shocking! Girl Causes Commotion On Social Media After Posting This Photos / 10 Shameful Acts Ladies Display After Getting Under The Boxers Of A Guy / 10 Shameful Acts&Immaturity Guys Display After Getting Under The Skirt Of A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by princejenks(m): 9:56am On Feb 19, 2015
Hmmmm...don't mind me,I was just musing over my experience with social media since 2009, when this topic hit me like a bayonet, hehehehe.

We are in an era where our whole world is being influenced not only from within but also from without, by the advancement in technology which brought about the internet and subsequently the social media. Since then,the marriage institution has been under all manner of threats; not only physically but also virtually. It's imperative to take a look at how social media is affecting relationships and marriages
especially.

On the good side,it has helped to keep relationships alive as it serves as a very cheap means to keep in touch with loved ones through chats,sharing of pictures and other media. Just as it could be fun,it could also be very addictive and take up attention of any of
parties in a relationship from each other as they compete to share
their lives with other people using the very same social media.

Have you checked a typical lady's facebook account? Have you
tried inspecting  the number of friends she has? If you have,you would readily observe that they always have far more friends than the male folks,and a very large proportion of such friends are usually guys by the way. The same applies to the guys too,they usually have more female than male friends on facebook.

Well,here's where am going with this,a lot of flirting takes place on
social media,especially between people who have never met in real life.  This goes on irrespective of the relationship status of those involved. It starts as a harmless
flirting here and there but more often than not,it leads into something else such that those involved usually end up meeting for a date which could lead to a fling or a relationship.

A lot of relationships nowadays are cultivated via social media and sometimes,even lead to marriage. From my little experience,I observed that you can convince any lady to go out on a date with you irrespective of her relationship
status,if you can exercise some patience,persistence,use of right
words and good timing.

To the issue of whether a married lady should remain active on social media,it's neither here nor there. A married lady could have very good reasons for remaining active on social media even after getting married cos for one,she could be using it as a means of connecting with her friends,both old and new,and also for work or
business purposes. Well,i think for such a married lady to minimize
problems such as suspicion of infidelity that could arise from active use of social media,she should be very open with husband  or partner by freely allowing him access to her social media accounts and by also discussing new or old friends she meets on social media platforms with him. A married
lady should also be wary of supposed harmless flirtations with her male friends as this could easily be misunderstood,and she may not be in full control of the outcome.
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by Odillz: 10:03am On Feb 19, 2015
Active with limit.
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by djeezy(m): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2015
Well if she still wants to, it's usage should be limited. And her profile should clearly state married to limit some advances at her.
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by falconey(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2015
yes she should
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2015
yes,no big deal!
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 19, 2015
no big deal....
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by tosyne2much(m): 10:51am On Feb 19, 2015
Active with limit
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 19, 2015
I dnt agree wit d poster above me....dia shuld b limit 2 her bin active on social medias if she wanna keep her home nd stil want 2 retain d trust her husband has 4 her....#myopiniontho#

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 19, 2015
Her choice...
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by Samiceman: 11:00am On Feb 19, 2015
Social Media like Nairaland? Yes

Facebook? Not ideal.... Should be limited cos children full Facebook

Twitter and the likes are still manageable.

#myopinion
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by ibrews: 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2015
Samiceman:
Social Media like Nairaland? Yes

Facebook? Not ideal.... Should be limited cos children full Facebook

Twitter and the likes are still manageable.

#myopinion
True dat
Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by ladyshindharah(f): 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
keeping your marriage comes with a lots of sacrifices, as for being active on social media or not is also one of them. this depends on individuals, if you love ur marriage den you must cut down the rate to the nearest minimum and if you don't give a damn about your marriage then the sky is your limit, I mean keep active on social media....ur choice

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Remain Active On Social Media After Getting Married? by LewsTherin: 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
Why is being active on social media an issue for married person and not for an unmarried individual?

A single female (and male) with rotten habits on social media will have rotten habits when married. If she (he) is expected to have good habits when married, she (he) should have good habits while single.

Stop all these "married woman/man should do this or have this" bla bla bla. Decent behaviour is the same for the married and unmarried.

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons A Man Wont Marry You / Today Am Sad :-( / When A Lady Changes Her Status To SINGLE(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.