Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine (14993 Views)

Eksu Students Die In Auto Crash / Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho / What If Nigerian Female Students Wore This As School Uniforms? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2015
kessluvall:
If you think Education is expensive , try ignorance!

Nigerians always looking for 'cheap article'... Since 1914.
so you must pay through ur nose cos u want to go to skul, am sure u've not been to other countries Smh
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Jowonloju(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
YOU voted FAYEMI out, So Enjoy IT why it Last.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by kel4soft: 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2015
The money the Governor would have spend in subsidizing your fees have been used for rice and chickens grin
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by papoose999(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
Gov fayose reducd d skul fees d skul management shud b blamed 4 dis ish...pple sayn fayemi is beta dan fayose are stupid u knw aw much b d skul fee durin fayemi tym 96k gov fayose cut d price down to 60k.

2 Likes

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by kel4soft: 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
papoose999:
Gov fayose reducd d skul fees d skul management shud b blamed 4 dis ish...pple sayn fayemi is beta dan fayose are stupid u knw aw much b d skul fee durin fayemi tym 96k gov fayose cut d price down to 60k.

How is Fayose better than Fayemi? So why the protest?

1 Like

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by mbulela: 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
CLOUDGOSSIPS:

This is what a student wrote about the addition of the fees;

My questions to d VC goes thus :: 1) if I have my full school fee why wil I still kip it wt m when I knw dat EKSU operates on no school fee no lecture nd obviously no Exam too 2) so will the addition of #10000 make me nw gt the money very fast hmmmmm nd am sure they are also parents.as 4m I say. No to this :::: Comr ZOO

http://cloudgosip..com/2015/02/eksu-students-protest-as-school.html?m=1

This incomprehensible crap was written by an undergraduate?
There is obviously no hope left for this country.

1 Like

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by linsa01(m): 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
Following the protests that rocked Ekiti State University this morning.

Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose has directed the management of Eksu to reverse the late registration policy with immediate effect.

Normalcy has since returned to the campus as students were relieved with the prompt intervention of the State number one citizen.

Copied!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Akinz0126(m): 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
Imaging education for 9ja em no go kill masses ah swear.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by linsa01(m): 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
EKSU Tuition fees still N30,000 per Session. VC will reverse d N10,000 penalty imposed on the students for late registratn
#‎Fayose‬ Speaks

SA. Medie to Gov Fayose.

2 Likes

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Fayose another wahala again, na only u bros me..abeg eksu student go come carry ur chair for office
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by udemzyudex(m): 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
kevinberry:
Is that not fayose state

Hmmmm

Their headache
the school authority take a s1lly decision and u blame it fayose,instead of to direct ur feelings to the school authority... Haba

2 Likes

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by papoose999(m): 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hahaha durin fayemi tym eksu students protest atleast five tymes per smstr all cos of skul fees...gov fayose has done his part by reducin d skul fees d vc is at fault tryn 2 use stupid ways 2 scam students...

2 Likes

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by linsa01(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
Jowonloju:
YOU voted FAYEMI out, So Enjoy IT why it Last.

BEFORE:
Sometimes in Ekiti State, students of the Ekiti State University (EKSU) protested, a supposed Progressives Governor Kayode Fayemi PROSCRIBED the Students Union Government (SUG).

TODAY:
Students of EKSU protested, Governor Fayose addressed them and granted their requests.

#copied.

3 Likes

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Mhizizzy(f): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2015
Tink God for oau....19700 no be big problem... grin
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Beamborla(f): 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
Instead of blaming the school management they are blaming the governor. So what happened in Unijos happened because of Jonathan or Baba Jang? Mtcheeeew! At least he came to their aid and their demand met, nothing of such happened in Unijos. Matter of fact We are paying 6,000 for damages even when nothing was damaged. If not for the intervention of NANS, We would be paying 12,000.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by basty: 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2015
Did he win the election in the first place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by polite2(m): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2015
u all voted for fayose and PDP, and now u guys are complaining. this is just de beginning. expect part 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2015
CLOUDGOSSIPS:
This morning, the students of Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti, move out en mass to protest as the school management now turn to money sucking machine.

After increasing the school fees with N5000 for late payment, the school management added another N5000 (now N10,000) for reopening the school portal.

My questions to d VC goes thus :: 1) if I have my full school fee why wil I still kip it wt m when I knw dat EKSU operates on no school fee no lecture nd obviously no Exam too 2) so will the addition of #10000 make me nw gt the money very fast hmmmmm nd am sure they are also parents.as 4m I say. No to this :::: Comr ZOO

The students are at the satellite gate and the main gate now demonstrating a peaceful protest.

What is EKSU turning to?

Ladies and gentlemen....thanks to the recent drop in oil prices....there isn't enough kudi for universities.

So...fees go up.

Guess ASUU should have been backed to get the N3trillion they were begging for in 2013 eh?

Fees are going to go up.....unless you students can get the National Assembly to give education 30% of the budget. The money is not enough.

1 Like

Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by kessluvall(f): 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
hatbricker:
so you must pay through ur nose cos u want to go to skul, am sure u've not been to other countries Smh

Talking about other countries?

Nigeria is among the cheapest when it comes to Higher institutions.

Use ur Google.

South Africans pays 250k in naira for Govt uni.

Ghana, Seychelles, etc etc.
Don't even try UK or other Western countries.
Save for few countries that organises tution free... eg Norway.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by polite2(m): 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
Beamborla:
Instead of blaming the school management they are blaming the governor. So what happened in Unijos happened because of Jonathan or Baba Jang? Mtcheeeew! At least he came to their aid and their demand met, nothing of such happened in Unijos. Matter of fact We are paying 6,000 for damages even when nothing was damaged. If not for the intervention of NANS, We would be paying 12,000.
my dear it has lots to do with the governor. a good government will always speak out and fight for the ordinary people. IMO state had recently reduce de sch fees of the state university and as well directed the university to equate fees of both non indigenes and indigene to same.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by blym4real: 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
kessluvall:
If you think Education is expensive , try ignorance!

Nigerians always looking for 'cheap article'... Since 1914.
You are wrong.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by kessluvall(f): 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
blym4real:

You are wrong.

Prove it or forever remain silent.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by lordhugo(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
Nigeria needs change....and for now, Buhari is the only 'VIABLE' option.

JONATHAN'S HARSH ECONOMIC POLICY IS A PART OF THE REASON WHY I AM SELLING MY BETSHOP BELOW....

Working BET-SHOP for immediate sale in Delta State.

Hello fellow NLders,

I currently have a betshop for sale. I will be travelling out of the country for my masters program soon and my mum says she does not like the business (she says its gambling) even though it has been filling my pockets and account with some money. i do not have any trusted person to leave the shop in his/her care so i guess i have to sell.

Shop dimensions and specifications.

1. 15feet by 15feet (Inside)
2. Made of Steel plates (Container)
3. 15feet by 20feet outside veranda (German concrete and sparsely tiled)
4. Over-hanging roof outdoors.
5. Stylish PVC ceilings

List of Bet-shop Equipment.

1. Two (2) Lenovo Desktop computers (2gb RAM)
2. Four (4) Samsung 732NW Monitors
3. One (1) 21inch Samsung TV
4. One (1) 14 inch Philips TV/DVD combo TV
5. One (1) 8 feet betting counter with partitions and personal cupboard
6. One (1) 1.5 KVA Inverter
7. One (1) 7200MBS Wireless Router
8. One (1) 2.5KVA Sumec Firman petrol generator.
9. One (1) Thermal printer
10. One (1) Hp 3 in 1 F1500 series printer/copier/scanner.
11. Two (2) Keyboards.
12. Two (2) Mice.
13. One (1) Fixtures board.
14. One (1) Upholstered bench.
15. Four (4) Plastic chairs.
16. One (1) Rechargeable standing fan.

others include electrical extensions, low energy bulbs,

All systems, printers and router are networked!

Current Rent expires exactly in March 2016

Shop is in a very busy and safe neighborhood.
Asking price- Call 08030964896 (serious buyers only)
SHOP IS ALREADY UP AND RUNNING SO, CUSTOMER BASE FOR MAXIMUM RETURNS IS ALREADY ENSURED

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2136404_20150219094537_jpeg3656daf22ec6d206319c2af781f2dbd6
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by folabisi07(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
Eksuuuuu, be reasonable plss!!!!!!
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by djtutor(m): 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2015
Na dem sabi oo
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
I will advise the students to shun violence in their demonstration because the extra penalty for late payment will be converted to restitution fee should in case they destroy public or private properties . The best method is peaceful demonstration except they want to stay home for another extra year.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by blym4real: 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
kessluvall:

Prove it or forever remain silent.
Education shouldn't be expensive to the point that the common man won't be able to afford the fees of his wards.

With the hike in fees, is there any improvement in the facilities provided in schools.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by kessluvall(f): 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
blym4real:

Education shouldn't be expensive to the point that the common man won't be able to afford the fees of his wards.

With the hike in fees, is there any improvement in the facilities provided in schools.

Check my previous post.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by rsleeky(f): 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
I tire for my school
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by alayo22002(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
mbulela:

This incomprehensible crap was written by an undergraduate?
There is obviously no hope left for this country.
bros what are u trying to insinuate I don't like the way some nairalander take things too seriouz,u can't use one to judge all.
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
This should not be happening in my Alma mata
Re: EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine by tonychristopher: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
CLOUDGOSSIPS:
This morning, the students of Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti, move out en mass to protest as the school management now turn to money sucking machine.

After increasing the school fees with N5000 for late payment, the school management added another N5000 (now N10,000) for reopening the school portal.

The students are at the satellite gate and the main gate now demonstrating a peaceful protest.

What is EKSU turning to?

but they dont look like students, they look more of petty traders protesting the ban by iya loja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From The 13 Convocation Of Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka / The Decay In Nigeria's Public Educational System; A Case Study Of UniAbuja / Entrepreneurship Education: The Covenant University Way - Businessday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.