Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (236406 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by akomsy(m): 12:12am On Jun 24, 2013
jennykadry: ^^^ I will look into it for you.....
thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Fikzzy(m): 12:34am On Jun 24, 2013
Billionaire001:

@ fikzzy......please am heading to bunbury,in July .....how did you get the contact for the family ....l intend doing same.

U can check homestaynetwork.org. Buh d prices are high, I must confess. D gumtree whc aunty jenny posted makes sense, and I have sent up to 6 mails showing interest in different apartments, but av got no reply
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
hello, fellow Nigerians. i know that this may sound funny and you are free to laugh but still i need your help. i have a very sensitive skin and i have been able to found only one soap that suits my skin. Unfortunately for me i can't find it here in Australia and i have been here for about three months. Please if there is anybody that is coming to Australia very soon, may i please beg the person to help me and buy original CRUSADER SOAP. thanks and God bless you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 9:00am On Jun 25, 2013
@ sAMMER 406 WHERE ABOUT ARE YOU IN AUSTRALIA, ARE U IN MELBOURNE?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 9:04am On Jun 25, 2013
@ jenny kadry how are you how is life there in Australia hope you are good, do u reside in Melbourne it will be nice hooking up with Nigerians in Melbourne and is there any RCCG Church in Melbourne am a bonafide RCCG Member here in Essex, United-Kingdom.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
jorianLTD: @ jenny kadry how are you how is life there in Australia hope you are good, do u reside in Melbourne it will be nice hooking up with Nigerians in Melbourne and is there any RCCG Church in Melbourne am a bonafide RCCG Member here in Essex, United-Kingdom.

Hey, no I live in Western Australia . Are you relocating to OZ from the UK?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
@ Jenny Kadry yes am relocating from the uk please kindly send me your email address, How is life in western Australia hope is not too packed like UK well hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 11:24am On Jun 27, 2013
jorianLTD: @ sAMMER 406 WHERE ABOUT ARE YOU IN AUSTRALIA, ARE U IN MELBOURNE?
no Jorian, I am in Sidney New South Wales
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hello sammer406, na wa oo I don't even c you on yahoo IM anymore
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
akomsy:
thanks

Check the visa thread
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Watermelon(m): 4:38am On Jun 29, 2013
$800 per month is much and you can't have much freedom in a homestead, they regulate your movements within the house and the amount of water you use and the likes, some will even demand you bath once a day to so as to minimize water use. check flatmates.com.au for accomodation but please do not pay money to anybody or into any account number until you have seen the house and signed an agreement with the owner. Other accomodation websites are domain.com.au, flatmatesfinders.com.au. wish you success with your search.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by manmeta: 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
Top of the day to all Nairalanders.

First, my apologies for the seemingly long silence since I announced my arrival here in Oz with my family, about 3 months ago as a PR. My utmost apology goes to Ferdimako who I couldn't help with advising wrt GSM PR route. I must confess I was overwhelmed with the challenges of settling in.

@Ferdimako: I'd see you're taking the studying route now. Good. I'm surprised at your IELTS scores knowing your capabilities. Nonetheless, I'm glad you quickly shrugged that disappointment off by opting for TOEFL. That attitude will take you to places bro. Let me know how I may still be of help.

@Intending Migrants/Students:

My two cents please:

1. Whatever you have to do in realising your dreams to migrate here, please do it quick. Immigration laws/policies are changing fast worldwide. Hitherto migration hotspot destinations like the UK and Canada have shut their borders. And countries like Australia are following suite. It's either going to be cut-throat expensive or almost impossible to migrate pretty soon. July 1st is here again. Hence, no more Kitty-Cat-footing, procrastination or waiting for the perfect conditions. There ain't such thing like that. Tick says the clock, tick tick. What you have to do, do quick.

2. Information is vital to your plans as you depart from your destinations and more importantly as you arrive here. I can't overemphasise that. Know what you are getting into. Don't migrate on half-baked plans "faithing and claiming" all will be well. It may be disastrous. Whilst God is the All-knowing, make your plans water-tight. It's good a lot of information is being shared in the house. Kudos to the likes of Jenny and T-Moni. Don't take any piece of info for granted. It may be your saving grace. Ask questions. Don't assume. And when in doubt, ask more questions.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

8 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by manmeta: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
sammer406: @Manmeta, i am in Sydney too, i am in Emu plains have you checked for food stuffs in Lucky 7, it is a multicultural shop run by indians. it is located in Blacktown close to the train station. wish you luck

Apologies for just replying to this. I'm in Rooty Hill. What do you do?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by manmeta: 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2013
Nwokenna:

Tnx for your advise I think my application will look somewhat like yours. I did my IELTS Dec 2012 had my credentials certified march 2013 and was invited to apply on the 6th of may 2013, tho am yet to lodge my application because am waiting for my dependents to wrap up there IELTS exam by the end of the month, please can you brief me on some other things that will help me get through the process. thanks

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this. What's the status now?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nwokenna: 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
manmeta:

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this. What's the status now?

Happy you saw it at all grin well i finally lodged my families Applicationon on the 15th of this month am happy i did because from the 1st of July class 189 PR fee for intending migrants has been reviewed upwards. Am yet to get an E-mail statinmg who my Case officer is but am still keeping my fingers crossed. Sorry forgot to tell you my profession am a Medical Radiographer same as my spouse. Am looking @ QLD as my final destination maybe based on the fact that I'll like to run some courses in QUT which according to them its for strictly PR A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ Citizens hoping to Benefit. I have not yet done Medicals and Police clearance I believe I'll be told when to do that right? Any suggestion or sdvise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by manmeta: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2013
Nwokenna:

Happy you saw it at all grin well i finally lodged my families Applicationon on the 15th of this month am happy i did because from the 1st of July class 189 PR fee for intending migrants has been reviewed upwards. Am yet to get an E-mail statinmg who my Case officer is but am still keeping my fingers crossed. Sorry forgot to tell you my profession am a Medical Radiographer same as my spouse. Am looking @ QLD as my final destination maybe based on the fact that I'll like to run some courses in QUT which according to them its for strictly PR A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ Citizens hoping to Benefit. I have not yet done Medicals and Police clearance I believe I'll be told when to do that right? Any suggestion or sdvise will be highly appreciated.

By eventually submitting your application subsequent to their invitation I'd as well say it's a done deal. The hard part is to wait. Use that time to organise your departure. I guess you applied for a 189 (independent). I did mine before SkillSelect came on board. 189 was 175 then. I submitted in February and Case Officer contacted me 3 months later to do medicals and police clearance. Just wait to be prompted to do so. You've scaled through the most rigourous part.

Keep fingers crossed and start organising yourselves.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nwokenna: 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
manmeta:

By eventually submitting your application subsequent to their invitation I'd as well say it's a done deal. The hard part is to wait. Use that time to organise your departure. I guess you applied for a 189 (independent). I did mine before SkillSelect came on board. 189 was 175 then. I submitted in February and Case Officer contacted me 3 months later to do medicals and police clearance. Just wait to be prompted to do so. You've scaled through the most rigourous part.

Keep fingers crossed and start organising yourselves.

Oh †нªηк's that was a fast reply. Yes I applied for 189(Independent) according to the website I'll be contacted within8 weeks of lodgement that should be 2months approx. I dnt have a contact person in Oz so you will be my special adviser now. Am actually looking @ some homes around QLD do u advise renting for like 6mnths b4 opting for a rent/buy option @ d end of d 6mnth stay. Cos i see Real Estate as my retirement route in d next 5yrs. So hows Settling down so far? Any challenge i should be aware of?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by manmeta: 9:34am On Jul 01, 2013
Nwokenna:

Oh †нªηк's that was a fast reply. Yes I applied for 189(Independent) according to the website I'll be contacted within8 weeks of lodgement that should be 2months approx. I dnt have a contact person in Oz so you will be my special adviser now. Am actually looking @ some homes around QLD do u advise renting for like 6mnths b4 opting for a rent/buy option @ d end of d 6mnth stay. Cos i see Real Estate as my retirement route in d next 5yrs. So hows Settling down so far? Any challenge i should be aware of?

Owing a property is often the best way to go, as your rents may go into funding the mortgage. However, you can't just buy/own a property as a recently arrived migrant (even with all the money in the world) as you have no credit record/history. You will need to build this over a period of time. Hence, make sure you don't enter contracts/repayment schedules that may soil your credit history.

I don't line in QLD. I'm in NSW. But I'm pretty sure the hassles of renting a place to stay will be the same for newly arrived migrants. The major problem I faced was the fact that no agent was willing to let you a property as I had no rental/ledger history, no "100% ID" on arrival (you'll battle with this a lot) and no employment records/centrelink payments. I overcame that by first initially staying with a family friend who got a place for me in his name. 6 months thereafter, we'd change the contract to bear my records.

I'd advise that you get Medicare immediately you arrive. You or your wife should also get on Centrelink payments you're eligible for. Get your DRIVING LICENCE ASAP!!!! It's like a VISA here!!! All these would give you some credibility to start with and for any one to do business with you.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nwokenna: 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

Owing a property is often the best way to go, as your rents may go into funding the mortgage. However, you can't just buy/own a property as a recently arrived migrant (even with all the money in the world) as you have no credit record/history. You will need to build this over a period of time. Hence, make sure you don't enter contracts/repayment schedules that may soil your credit history.

I don't line in QLD. I'm in NSW. But I'm pretty sure the hassles of renting a place to stay will be the same for newly arrived migrants. The major problem I faced was the fact that no agent was willing to let you a property as I had no rental/ledger history, no "100% ID" on arrival (you'll battle with this a lot) and no employment records/centrelink payments. I overcame that by first initially staying with a family friend who got a place for me in his name. 6 months thereafter, we'd change the contract to bear my records.

I'd advise that you get Medicare immediately you arrive. You or your wife should also get on Centrelink payments you're eligible for. Get your DRIVING LICENCE ASAP!!!! It's like a VISA here!!! All these would give you some credibility to start with and for any one to do business with you.

Your Advise is PRICELESS. I'll definitly tow this line of property after 1yr of settling. †нªηк's a lot 'll keep you posted I also dont mind if i could PM when am about to come over incase I'll be needing the surety to rent like you said while coming since i dont have for now a resident fam in OZ.

†нªηк's once again

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
manmeta:

Apologies for just replying to this. I'm in Rooty Hill. What do you do?

you owe me no apologies bro. i recently got a Job at K.Mart in Penrith. what do you do?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
sammer406:

you owe me no apologies bro. i recently got a Job at K.Mart in Penrith. what do you do?

Plz sammer406 & manmeta
I need your assistance on something that has to do with my PR application. I would like to talk to you in private due to the confidential nature of the situation,

Thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by TMoni1(m): 6:22am On Jul 02, 2013
jorianLTD: @ jenny kadry how are you how is life there in Australia hope you are good, do u reside in Melbourne it will be nice hooking up with Nigerians in Melbourne and is there any RCCG Church in Melbourne am a bonafide RCCG Member here in Essex, United-Kingdom.

There is RCCG here in melbourne. Service holds in dandenong hub, first floor just beside the dandenong plaza. They are really nice people to fellowship with...
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 8:09am On Jul 02, 2013
T Moni: Oh thanks for your concern was just trying to get some info about RCCG What church do you attend, is it multiculture or most are nigerians that fellowship at RCCG. Hope to see you soon in Melbourne.

Thanks a lot mr Moni
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hello to you all on the forum, please does any one know if schools accepts installment even for the required first semester fees. Cox my visa has already been granted but am having a set back as regards to my funding
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Americanvisa: 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
Omoakin84: Hello to you all on the forum, please does any one know if schools accepts installment even for the required first semester fees. Cox my visa has already been granted but am having a set back as regards to my funding

how come your visa was granted without first semester payment?pls share more light
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
It's God doing didn't do anything special, was just able to reach an agreement with the school and I got the adm, then the visa came there after
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by ubison(m): 12:21am On Jul 04, 2013
Hi.........pls a need help to know if Austria accept nigeria OND certificate.....I wanna come to live n work in Australia with OND in maritime technology management......pls I need urgent feedback....†h♌nks .pls someone should talk to me,I need to know what I'm doing....the agent I met told me its possible buh I need to confirm from nigerians living in Australia to be sure ..thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2013
Omoakin84: It's God doing didn't do anything special, was just able to reach an agreement with the school and I got the adm, then the visa came there after

It's hard to believe.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2013
ferdimako:

It's hard to believe.

It's not even true. I don't know who he is trying to fool
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
chukakson: how do i travel 2 china
U go by bus
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: U go by bus

Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
Am not posting for negative minded pple like you, posting for those who are living in aus. I live in Paris now so am not new to traveling

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.