Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235817 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by akomsy(m): 12:16am On May 22, 2013
aceblackpearl:

@IAMCAPELA
Where in Dandenong are you ? I am running a training in Hallam . Lets hook up when you're free ,you can PM ur number to me I will ring you .cheers

@aceblackpearl pls do u know anyone in Canberra?

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aceblackpearl: 7:22am On May 22, 2013
akomsy:

@aceblackpearl pls do u know anyone in Canberra?

@Akomsy : I don't know anybody at Canberra,sorry for the late response .
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by fendorf(m): 9:22am On May 22, 2013
iamcapela: My people, life is goodd here in Aussie, for those who are in Melbourne, na Dandenong I dey o. Make we connecto, been here a few months and I go to my TAFE full time.
pls which tafe institute and how cheap is the tuition?

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by ophillips: 9:37am On May 24, 2013
TAFE SA Adelaide....
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:53am On May 26, 2013
I got a question, please. Suppose I got invited by an aussie citizen and travels with a visitors visa, would I be able to change d visa type to work visa on getting a job there?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 12:06pm On May 26, 2013
Kingzy4pep: I got a question, please. Suppose I got invited by an aussie citizen and travels with a visitors visa, would I be able to change d visa type to work visa on getting a job there?

lie lie, e no go fit happen. Unless say na miracle. this aussie immi no dey smile o

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by ubison(m): 6:07am On May 29, 2013
Hi brothers n sisters...I'm a poor orphan n I have saved all through my life to maneuver to Australia.....pls I gat no connection,so I wanna know how much it gonna cost me getting all d legal documents I need including working permit......pls someone should help me on total sum of everything....†h♌nks....._ubichinomso@yahoo.com
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 6:51pm On May 29, 2013
Please is there anyone in this forum can say if I have a right to differ my admission. I just recently got a student visa and have been havin complication with my school telling me they will have to notify the immi of my intent of differment and this might lead to cancelation of my visa. I also spoke to the consolate in southafrica I was too I will have to reapply for a new visa. Here am at the cross road. Pleae can anyone tell advice me on what to do
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by nasilas(m): 4:43am On May 31, 2013
Omoakin84: Please is there anyone in this forum can say if I have a right to differ my admission. I just recently got a student visa and have been havin complication with my school telling me they will have to notify the immi of my intent of differment and this might lead to cancelation of my visa. I also spoke to the consolate in southafrica I was too I will have to reapply for a new visa. Here am at the cross road. Pleae can anyone tell advice me on what to do

Why do you want to defer? This might be the only opportunity you've got.. If you have your visa cancelled now.. how are you sure your application next year will be approved?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 5:45am On May 31, 2013
Well the truth is money issue so I'm currently in France striving on my own so most likely by December I should be able to make this challenge. But I have made more findings I dot think my visa can be cancel based on this. I have the right to differ for atleast 6 months
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by nasilas(m): 6:41am On May 31, 2013
Omoakin84: Well the truth is money issue so I'm currently in France striving on my own so most likely by December I should be able to make this challenge. But I have made more findings I dot think my visa can be cancel based on this. I have the right to differ for atleast 6 months

All good then if you have the right to defer for at least 6 months.. Did you lodge your visa application in France?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by talk2salt(m): 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hi.
u r all well I trust. I am about to go study a master of science (geology) program at the university of Wollongong in July,that's about a month away. That's the good news, the bad news is I've never been to Australia or studied abroad. Any one in Wollongong or New south Wales who I can talk to around? It all seems so overwhelming.
Salt.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by iamcapela: 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
@aceblackpearl,

Sorry man, I've been busy with a lot of stuff, you know how Aussie can take your time, anyways, kindly send me a mail to vibrantjd@gmail.com and them we can exchange phone numbers, I am scared of the sharks on here.. I don't mean to offend anyone tho.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
iamcapela: @aceblackpearl,

Sorry man, I've been busy with a lot of stuff, you know how Aussie can take your time, anyways, kindly send me a mail to vibrantjd@gmail.com and them we can exchange phone numbers, I am scared of the sharks on here.. I don't mean to offend anyone tho.

sharks? After you've swum with them? Hahaha
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
^^^^You couldn't have said it any better
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Americanvisa: 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
the guy went the same root that i wish to follow but it is unfortunate that all the questions that i asked him,he was unable to answer one
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Fikzzy(m): 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
iamcapela: My people, life is goodd here in Aussie, for those who are in Melbourne, na Dandenong I dey o. Make we connecto, been here a few months and I go to my TAFE full time.

Boss, i hail ooo *duffs hat*. I should be in aussie, melbourne, monash univ, caulfield campus precisely, before the end of july. From my researches, i believe caulfield and dandenong are not far from one another. Considering that the school accommodation is on the high side, i'm thinking of securing an Homestay with an aussie family around caulfield, dandenong, clayton or berwick. What do you think? Thanks so very much, will be anticipating your swift response.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Fikzzy(m): 5:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
aceblackpearl:

I am in Clayton lets relate, give me a PM so we can exchange contacts.

Boss, i hail ooo. *duffs hat*. I should be in aussie, melbourne, monash univ, caulfield campus precisely, before the end of july. From my researches, i believe caulfield and clayton are not far from one another. Considering that the school accommodation is on the high side, i'm thinking of securing an Homestay with an aussie family around caulfield, dandenong, clayton or berwick. What do you think? Thanks so very much, will be anticipating your swift response.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
Any naija in Queensland please?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by talk2salt(m): 5:35am On Jun 11, 2013
Hi. Any Nigerians in New South Wales around.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 7:37am On Jun 11, 2013
talk2salt: Hi. Any Nigerians in New South Wales around.

what part of new south wales, I'm in Sydney

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by talk2salt(m): 7:44am On Jun 11, 2013
sammer406:

what part of new south wales, I'm in Sydney

Hi. It's Wollongong. Coming in for a masters program next month
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 11, 2013
talk2salt:

Hi. It's Wollongong. Coming in for a masters program next month

Have u got the visa? U must have been with the Pfl.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by talk2salt(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2013
ferdimako:

Have u got the visa? U must have been with the Pfl.
Yes, got the visa in my email from south Africa. Yes, was with PFL.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2013
talk2salt:
Yes, got the visa in my email from south Africa. Yes, was with PFL.

Okay. Wow, that N60K is huge oh and WOU's tuition is more huge. It's okay! So which Ms are you in? All the best bro!
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by talk2salt(m): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2013
ferdimako:

Okay. Wow, that N60K is huge oh and WOU's tuition is more huge. It's okay! So which Ms are you in? All the best bro!
?

That's the thing! Wanted a 2year course so I could apply for a migration program later. I didn't pay 60k though. I think I paid around 30, this was like 2years ago or so. It's a Master of Science and Management (geology) program. I need advice on accommodation and what to expect so I can settle in. I sure as hell can't afford to stay in their hostels.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by MisterNRC(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
Omoakin84: Any naija in Queensland please?

any better for them?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
talk2salt: ?

That's the thing! Wanted a 2year course so I could apply for a migration program later. I didn't pay 60k though. I think I paid around 30, this was like 2years ago or so. It's a Master of Science and Management (geology) program. I need advice on accommodation and what to expect so I can settle in. I sure as hell can't afford to stay in their hostels.

Okay. You can let the school know of ur accommodation preference.May be they hook u up with some locals. I was thinking one needs that as a part of the Embassy documents.I don't know what we all will expect but I know it'll worth it.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by talk2salt(m): 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
ferdimako:

Okay. You can let the school know of ur accommodation preference.May be they hook u up with some locals. I was thinking one needs that as a part of the Embassy documents.I don't know what we all will expect but I know it'll worth it.

U don't need to pre-book accommodation
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
talk2salt:

U don't need to pre-book accommodation

Okay but Embassy is reference it on its application form.It's ok,just wanna be on the safe side.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Fikzzy(m): 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
ferdimako:

Accommodation in schools are on the high side. Strongly believe staying with locals or homestay with an aussie family is ideal. Wateva bill u pay per week or month will include food, gas, internet, tv and 1 get 2 learn bout d aussie culture wen u stay with them. This is simply based on my research though and I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.