Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235858 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2013
sammer406: @ Ferdimako, wetin u hear, na wetin i mean. this oyibo people dey carry person play

Na to come back oh.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aceblackpearl: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Coming to Melbourne on 309 visa on or before June 7th 2013, I need help with the best affordable airline so as to make my booking . Anyone with useful information out there ? Do I need a transit visa if I'm flying quatar airways. My email is
ayo.emmanuel741@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aceblackpearl: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
@ Jennykadry : Coming to Melbourne on 309 visa on or before
June 7th 2013, I need help with the best
affordable airline so as to make my booking .
Kindly help me with useful information,Do I
need a transit visa if I'm flying quatar airways.
My email is ayo.emmanuel741@yahoo.com
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 3:34am On Apr 18, 2013
@aceblackpearl. No transit visa needed. qatar airways will transfer you to a flight going to your destination when u get to Dubai

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by TMoni1(m): 5:27am On Apr 19, 2013
aceblackpearl: Coming to Melbourne on 309 visa on or before June 7th 2013, I need help with the best affordable airline so as to make my booking . Anyone with useful information out there ? Do I need a transit visa if I'm flying quatar airways. My email is
ayo.emmanuel741@yahoo.com
You dont need a trasit visa...you will be transfered to a melbourne bound plane in Doha. Just prepare for the jolly ride from doha to melbourne. You will enjoy the experience on that leg but its gonna be a long one(around 13hrs).
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Orpsyloo: 10:00am On Apr 22, 2013
Hi, please any useful information about university of wellongong?i got an unconditional offer for masters in international business
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
ACE BLACK PEARL HOLLA ME PLS at doyincalgary@yahoo.com, i will be coming to melbourne in august on 457 visa, lets talk man about aussie
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Gbenge77(m): 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
sammer406: @aceblackpearl. No transit visa needed. qatar airways will transfer you to a flight going to your destination when u get to Dubai
Dubai or Doha?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by manucho: 5:49am On Apr 25, 2013
Pls can anyone tell me how long does a nigerian police character certificate valids for cos i read from the australian immigration websites that its valid for a year if its for immigration purpose but ours in Nigeria they write 3months on it after u get the police report. I need una advise pls..wetin i wan use am for pass 3months paroles ooo cos na partner visa. thks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aceblackpearl: 11:51am On Apr 27, 2013
T.Moni:

You dont need a trasit visa...you will be transfered to a melbourne bound plane in Doha. Just prepare for the jolly ride from doha to melbourne. You will enjoy the experience on that leg but its gonna be a long one(around 13hrs).

Thanks , any need for yellow card since I have been cleared medically before my visa approved.coming on 2nd of may , where do you reside ?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
aceblackpearl:

Thanks , any need for yellow card since I have been cleared medically before my visa approved.coming on 2nd of may , where do you reside ?

Which visa type do you've? I will do my medicals before I lodge for visa.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aceblackpearl: 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
ferdimako:

Which visa type do you've? I will do my medicals before I lodge for visa.

309 visa
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
aceblackpearl:

309 visa

ok.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by detoun82(f): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2013
Hi Guys, while other western nations like UK and US tighten their policy on post-study opportunities for international students, Australia is introducing new policies to encourage foreign students to work and live in Australia after their studies! Find out more about migrating to Australia by liking Access Australia Education Services on facebook or follow on twitter @ AccessAustEdu smiley
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by TMoni1(m): 2:35am On May 03, 2013
aceblackpearl:

I am sure my reply is coming to late. you should be in australia by now. you definitely need a yellow card and i am in melbourne.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aceblackpearl: 7:39am On May 04, 2013
T.Moni:

I am sure my reply is coming to late. you should be in australia by now. you definitely need a yellow card and i am in melbourne.

I didnt even get the yellow card , just board with my visa grant and my passport then travel insurance . Spent less than 15minutes at the airport . Guess I am lucky .now in Melbourne , how do I meet Nigerians Around here . I live in Clayton
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 5:47pm On May 04, 2013
T MON I AM COMING to melbourne in august wat are jobs like there and what are the locals like are they friendly
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by kellyemms: 9:36pm On May 05, 2013
Hi house, plz if an international student do a post graduate diploma in aussie can d student wait after completion of the diploma to work in aussie?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:58am On May 06, 2013
.. I think you should study for two years to be eligible!
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nwokenna: 5:11pm On May 12, 2013
manmeta: Dear all,

I've been following this thread for a while. I was granted my Independent Skilled Visa a couple of months ago. Just a word of advice for intending and serious migrants: The whole process can be very easy and short if you take your time to first understand all that is required, otherwise, it could be confusing. Get all your paper work ready first. I did my IELTS in Sept. last year, got my qualifications assessed in December and submitted my application in Feb. I was notified to do my medicals and penal clearance in May and in Sept. I was granted visa, just 7 months after my application was submitted!

I would advise you to invest time in knowing all what is required of you first. Having a full understanding of this will make the process faster and easier.

Tnx for your advise I think my application will look somewhat like yours. I did my IELTS Dec 2012 had my credentials certified march 2013 and was invited to apply on the 6th of may 2013, tho am yet to lodge my application because am waiting for my dependents to wrap up there IELTS exam by the end of the month, please can you brief me on some other things that will help me get through the process. thanks
All the best.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nwokenna: 5:12pm On May 12, 2013
manmeta: Dear all,

I've been following this thread for a while. I was granted my Independent Skilled Visa a couple of months ago. Just a word of advice for intending and serious migrants: The whole process can be very easy and short if you take your time to first understand all that is required, otherwise, it could be confusing. Get all your paper work ready first. I did my IELTS in Sept. last year, got my qualifications assessed in December and submitted my application in Feb. I was notified to do my medicals and penal clearance in May and in Sept. I was granted visa, just 7 months after my application was submitted!

I would advise you to invest time in knowing all what is required of you first. Having a full understanding of this will make the process faster and easier.

Tnx for your advise I think my application will look somewhat like yours. I did my IELTS Dec 2012 had my credentials certified march 2013 and was invited to apply on the 6th of may 2013, tho am yet to lodge my application because am waiting for my dependents to wrap up there IELTS exam by the end of the month, please can you brief me on some other things that will help me get through the process. thanks

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 5:05am On May 15, 2013
@Manmeta, i am in Sydney too, i am in Emu plains have you checked for food stuffs in Lucky 7, it is a multicultural shop run by indians. it is located in Blacktown close to the train station. wish you luck
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by TMoni1(m): 5:43am On May 16, 2013
jorianLTD: T MON I AM COMING to melbourne in august wat are jobs like there and what are the locals like are they friendly
Yes they are generally friendly and australia is avery multicultural society. There are lots of jobs but demand for local experience is usually a hurdle to cross. but your got to keep your head high and show the stuff youre made of when the oppotunity comes as they ultimately after what you can deliver and not qualifications as we are used to. I can say there are loads of oppotunities depending on what you wanna do and i will advise you keep an open mind to explore.
Ultimately....have faith!

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by iamcapela: 1:48am On May 18, 2013
My people, life is goodd here in Aussie, for those who are in Melbourne, na Dandenong I dey o. Make we connecto, been here a few months and I go to my TAFE full time.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by fendorf(m): 8:23am On May 18, 2013
iamcapela: My people, life is goodd here in Aussie, for those who are in Melbourne, na Dandenong I dey o. Make we connecto, been here a few months and I go to my TAFE full time.
is the tuition fee cheap and how did u certify ur documents here in nigeria?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 3:57pm On May 18, 2013
T moni what are the chances have got having a british passport and also coming on aworking holiday visa, can i extend my stay in aussie or change my status. how do i go about this and is it true they check basic travel allowance at the airport?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aceblackpearl: 8:26pm On May 18, 2013
iamcapela: My people, life is goodd here in Aussie, for those who are in Melbourne, na Dandenong I dey o. Make we connecto, been here a few months and I go to my TAFE full time.

I am in Clayton lets relate, give me a PM so we can exchange contacts.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 10:36am On May 19, 2013
iamcapela wats ur number man i will give u a call
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 8:57pm On May 19, 2013
Can I get to meet any nigeria is Queensland? Brisbane, Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast? Looking to make friends
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 2:44pm On May 20, 2013
IAMCAPELA GIVE ME A CALL ON 00447405552075, I DONT MIND RINGING YOU BACK GOT 2000FREE MINUTES TO RING AUSSIE.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aceblackpearl: 12:12am On May 22, 2013

@IAMCAPELA
Where in Dandenong are you ? I am running a training in Hallam . Lets hook up when you're free ,you can PM ur number to me I will ring you .cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.