Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,493 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (236101 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by dirtygamer(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2011
I just applied to Taylor's College in Sydney. I'm to study for the University of Sydney Foundation Program for a year, then later to the University of Sydney. I heard people talking about South Africa here on NL, does it mean they don't heave embassy in Nigeria. Pls I need ur help asap.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Lanre1014: 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
Hello House,
I am moving to Australia Jan/Feb 2012 for studies (M.S in Petroleum) but not sure where to attend yet; UWA, Uni of Adelaide or UNSW. UNSW will have a lot of international students but I know accommodation will be expensive. I don"t know anything about Adelaide or Perth. I need information as to which city is best to live and work for Nigerians. I'm a citizen so my tuition will be covered but need income for living expenses. I do not plan on working in a corperate world yet so I need something to get by while in school. How is the accommodation also where to avoid and what to look for. I am not concern about racism but I need somewhere safe. Nigerians down under, I need your help, personal experiences (like what not to do when moving to AUS) and any additional info.
PM me,

Thank you,
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by chigsmith: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
wink
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Bisijohn: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2011
Hi,

I live and work in Sydney. Although, i'm less than 2 months here now, but I hardly see Nigerians in Sydney, apart from the few people I do see in the church only on Sunday. Are there not so many Nigerians here?

I'm on a temporary long stay visa-457 subclass. Does anyone know what it entails to convert to PR?

My advice to as many that intend to come to Australia, prepare your mind to obey their laws to the letter. If you are caught violating any of thier laws, you will be heavily penalised. Also, if you want to subcribe into any of their service e.g Phone plan, please as enough questions, so that you will not run into problem eventually.

I will appreciate response to my questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Polfire(m): 4:19am On Oct 11, 2011
Greetings all!
where are you guys in Perth
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by marcar(m): 10:03am On Oct 11, 2011
Polfire:

Greetings all!
Polfire:

Greetings all!
Are you in Perth?? which Suburb are you??
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Polfire(m): 2:33am On Oct 12, 2011
Marcar ,
I am currently in Sydney right now , but will be moving to Bentley ,Perth in January/February .
Will be starting a programme at Curtin. Any idea if Nigerians are in Curtin
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by marcar(m): 2:44am On Oct 12, 2011
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Polfire(m): 4:08am On Oct 12, 2011
marcar:

There are more than a million Nigerians in Curtin lol , the problem is that most of them have lost their Identity

funny ! really ?
marcar , which area are you living
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by marcar(m): 6:28am On Oct 12, 2011
Polfire:

funny ! really ?
marcar , which area are you living

Am living in South of the River
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by malabu22: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2011
Hello

I live in Townsville, Queendsland, Australia. Its a nice place. Population of around 186 thousand. There are about 15 nigerian families here and im the only one in the early 20's lol. I would like to meet other nigerians from other parts of the country and looking forward to having a business relationship as well. At a stage in my life where it is do or die. Take it easy.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by afooo: 6:49am On Oct 20, 2011
hello house, is there any nigerian in perth, joondalup suburb for that matter, just got into perth on a 5years temporary residence. holla at your boy plssss grin

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by afooo: 6:51am On Oct 20, 2011
u fellas can hook me up on aofolabi@yahoo.com, will be expecting replies.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by marcar(m): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yogos: 6:07am On Oct 22, 2011
Lanre1014:

Hello House,
I am moving to Australia Jan/Feb 2012 for studies (M.S in Petroleum) but not sure where to attend yet; UWA, Uni of Adelaide or UNSW. UNSW will have a lot of international students but I know accommodation will be expensive. I don"t know anything about Adelaide or Perth. I need information as to which city is best to live and work for Nigerians. I'm a citizen so my tuition will be covered but need income for living expenses. I do not plan on working in a corperate world yet so I need something to get by while in school. How is the accommodation also where to avoid and what to look for. I am not concern about racism but I need somewhere safe. Nigerians down under, I need your help, personal experiences (like what not to do when moving to AUS) and any additional info.
PM me,

Thank you,

I would advice that you check out the rating of these schools with regards to their M.S in petroleum program. Don't choose a school just because it is cheap. If you plan to live and work in Australia after you finish, choose a school that offers more employment opportunities. Perth and Brisbane are the two hot cities with reagrads to Oil and Gas, and Coal seam gas exploration and production respectively,

all the best.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yogos: 6:45am On Oct 23, 2011
afooo:

u fellas can hook me up on aofolabi@yahoo.com, will be expecting replies.

I sent you a mail with my contact number. Hope to hear back from you soon.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yemmyma: 10:23am On Oct 25, 2011
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by chinweub: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
sad shocked cool lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by manucho: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2011
Pls i need a genuie bank statement in other to process my visa application to australia. I need help and i would pay for the genuie account. Thanks y'all.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by dejia(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2011
Hi Nairalanders,

I just got in Aussie 4days ago, i spent 2night in Perth, now am in Bendigo about 1hr from Melbourne city, i have only seen 2 Nigerians, are there more Nigerians here?

Am off to sydney on Saturday, wont mind to meet nigerians, am here on a visit and to explore gold mining, i wont mind to meet with any NL around here

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2011
I really enjoyed reading through this trend
Pls wats d opportunity for some1 doin a advance diploma course in oil &gas to secure a job while studying as to keep things in shape.
Also,what's d living xpenses like in perth. More so wats how early does 1 need to apply for student visa cz I'm just abt 2send my aplicatn 2my sch of choice 4 july 2012 intake.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by iyeayo(f): 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2011
Are you coming down South ? If you ever find yourself in South Australia, holla me at iyeayo@yahoo.com.au and you can get to meet some of our people smiley

dejia:

Hi Nairalanders,

I just got in Aussie 4days ago, i spent 2night in Perth, now am in Bendigo about 1hr from Melbourne city, i have only seen 2 Nigerians, are there more Nigerians here?

Am off to sydney on Saturday, wont mind to meet nigerians, am here on a visit and to explore gold mining, i wont mind to meet with any NL around here

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Newnikolas(m): 3:28am On Nov 23, 2011
Where are Nigerians in Sydney? Here I come, what is the best accomodation option here? Somebody respond,
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by marcar(m): 4:03am On Nov 23, 2011
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by opiacino: 10:26am On Nov 29, 2011
Nigerians in Sydney are mostly Igbo trouble makers.
Australia is boring. You will be lonely, sad, hungry and missing Naija.
Dont fool yourselves by thinking that Australia is the best place to be.
Nigerians here are scattered- few and far between.
Good luck all
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by MisterNRC(m): 5:45am On Dec 23, 2011
Live and Direct in Brisbane.

It seems that Nigerians are abound in most regions but all are "parking well" so to speak.

Lanre1014:

Hello House,
PM me,

Thank you,

Bros, good on you for being a citizen. It sure saves a lot of barriers. Then you can only get as much work as you are looking for, You don't want to work in the corporate world and you want to make money to hold? I am sure you know that your options are limited to some of the following
1) Delivering Junk mail and/or newspapers
2) Working @ 7Eleven
3) Working for a fast-food restaurant
4) Working as a bouncer(heard this pays well but you have to act the part)
5) Working in the shops
Then again if you are a citizen you are supposed to have allowances from CenterLink http://www.centrelink.gov.au which is there for you.

On Accommodation, I really don't know "Australia-wide" but i can categorically tell you that HOUSES are STUPENDOUSLY MORE EXPENSIVE in Sydney than Brisbane.(so arrange yourself well if you decide visiting). You are better off in a shared accommodation anyways at-least you get to mix with the residents who will have a trick or two up their sleeve on surviving in the town. Hint: follow macars advice
marcar:

Check this website http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/

There's no best city to live and work for Nigerians but if you are asking which city has the most Nigerians? I will say Sydney but then again I learnt that 2010 Nigerian Independence day celebration was hosted in Brisbane and the numbers that turned up(from Queensland) were mind-boggling-(still haven't interacted with more than 3 around) sad,

As BorderPatrol must have taught you, don't bring any foreign food(it sucks but welcome to Australia), obey the rules until you are "wise" enough to work with it, grin,

Me and my epistles,

Happy Reading and Journey,

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by MisterNRC(m): 5:57am On Dec 23, 2011
opiacino:

Nigerians in Sydney are mostly Igbo trouble makers.
Australia is boring. You will be lonely, sad, hungry and missing Naija.
Dont fool yourselves by thinking that Australia is the best place to be.
Nigerians here are scattered- few and far between.
Good luck all

Bros abi na Babe, wetin now, who vex you? Lonely?? SAD?? HUNGRY?? Haba! your significant half no follow you come?
Speak for your self and please don't generalize for all and sundry, Australia is the best place to be (apart from your home country-whichever way you see it),
See you around perhaps?

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yemmyma: 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
Mister NRC

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by ceez: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ marcar , Bro ru in Perth? I would visit for 2 wks in Feb.2012 and would have loved sydney but flights to sydney are much more expensive. Since am going to be there for just 2 wks, I don't mind where it would be. I just want to know anyone who already lives in Perth. Thx
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by marcar(m): 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2011
ceez:

@ marcar , Bro ru in Perth? I would visit for 2 wks in Feb.2012 and would have loved sydney but flights to sydney are much more expensive. Since am going to be there for just 2 wks, I don't mind where it would be. I just want to know anyone who already lives in Perth. Thx

Bros am in Perth !!!! you are welcome to WA
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by MisterNRC(m): 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2011
yemmy_ma:

Mister NRC

Please, i would like to talk somethings with you, could you please send me an email on mathex2003@live.com

Hope to hear from you soon

I think i would prefer to chip in things here so everyone else can learn else it wouldn't be a "forum"

Cheers
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yemmyma: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2011
Mister NRC:

I think i would prefer to chip in things here so everyone else can learn else it wouldn't be a "forum"

Cheers

Well, i understand you but somethings are personal and not everything one can talk about on a forum. thanks for replying anyways.

y,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.