Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers (68815 Views)

Hey Book Lovers! What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? / Would This Fly For Book Lovers? / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by obidaddy: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
Memunah:

Do you still need it?drop your email address

Please aunty memunah kindly send me all you've got @ obidaddy73@gmail.com na gode/thank you.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by coolhumble(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
#Fortheloveofbooks anyone who knows any interesting books should tell us how to download them online or where to buy them
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by obidaddy: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
odeku457:

#fortheloveofbooks

Pls do you have any soft copy of work bolden writers.

I have a pretty hansome collection myself also.
anyone in the house wanna trade.

And I will appreciate if anyone can email me the Queen of Demon By David Drake.

And Dan Brown's e-books.

Please sir i am very much interested. Please send to obidaddy73@gmail. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by obidaddy: 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
Memunah:
Hello house...have got some john grisham books...indicate if you are interested in having them #fortheloveof books

Please aunty i am very very interested. I am heart broken. Just discovered my entire hard disk and the great books therein have been corrupted. Someone in the house used my disk. embarassed cry cry
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by obidaddy: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
#fortheloveofbooks. Guys this thread made me retreat to check on my collections and start reading up those unread by me.

I am really devastated to find everything in my hard disk has been corrupted. I failed to back em up online/cloud. Someone used and corrupted my disk, my fortunes and treasures are all gone... Sobs sadly seriously.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by obidaddy: 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
gabbidonb:
My favourite read include power of now by Eckert Tolle , power of habit by Charles duhigg: 48 laws of power by Robert Greene , rich dad poor dad Robert kayosaki; secret of the millionaire mind by T herv Eker. How to stop worrying and start living by dale Carnegie; unsinkable by Sonia ricotti,think and grow rich by napoleon hill; 4 hours work week tim ferris; you were born rich by bob proctor these books have impacted my life in an unbelievable way and lot more others. I still have soft copies and audio books for some of them; inbox me if you need them. #fortheloveofbooks

#fortheloveofbooks... I am very interested sir, kindly share your wonderful collection with me @ obidaddy73@gmail. God bless you.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by AbroadBabe(f): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
aalangel:

I thought this was a book thread. What's the voting for? I don't vote for stuff in Nigeria.
Ma, good afternoon, I need your help now nd I know you can can do it for me.
with due respect Ma, the 2016 Mr nairaland election is ongoing, nd I need you to please help us with the dream of winning the elections.

the voting thread is

https://www.nairaland.com/3265483/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final

just type" I vote falconey Cc: NLjega"

the voting continues tomorrow and the grand finale will be held on Wednesday.

I am trusting you for this Ma
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Theflint1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
I have sent Americanah to your mail.
duduade:

Please also forward to ladunsky@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Theflint1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
Thanks a lot for the gifts.
sipsip:

Americanah and some of chinua Achebe's books have been sent to you. Hope they give you the feeling they've given me.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Theflint1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by duduade: 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
Theflint1:
I have sent Americanah to your mail.

Mail received.. thankyou

But the remaining nko embarassed embarassed by achebe
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Theflint1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
If you are in need of something completely out of the ordinary, I would recommend any of Ayn Rand's books.

I have read ATLAS SHRUGGED, a really wonderful novel with lots of lessons on self-discipline and on the value of excellence in whatever endeavor your are undertaking.Its pretty voluminous, about 900+ but you can get roughly the same ideology in fewer pages in THE FOUNTAINHEAD (another of her books).
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
duduade:

Thank you so much
Really appreciate..
This should help suffice...
People should attempt to go to the link...to download their kind of books..
You are welcome.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by faari(f): 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
I want as many as possible.

Faarigarde@gmail.com is d mail to send to.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by KINGinVAHALA: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
calliope:

I'd so much love that.. Redeeming love-francine rivers.

#fortheloveofbooks. lemme me know when you commence on the critique?

Hi Sweet, I guess you are aware of the ongoing Mr nairaland contest? please I badly need your vote right now, voting is currently ongoing and it would end by 6pm.

just click on the link below to vote, then type

I VOTE KINGinVAHALA
cc NLJega

https://www.nairaland.com/3265483/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final/18#48147586

Thanks and expecting to see your vote as soon as possible.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
alorax2:

Thanks dear, but what of the African novels listed
You're welcome. Unfortunately, I haven't been quite lucky with African novels. That's the issue with African writers. A large percentage of their books are only available in hard copies, and even these hard copies are often difficult to acquire. African authors need to wake up from their deep sleep. For humanity's sake, we are no longer in the stone age. This is the 21st century. And presently, internet is the major medium of transferring information and this same internet is fast displacing paper.

In this regard, I urge our writers to make their books available in both soft and hard copies as this will make people from far and near to easily get them. Our African culture is gradually dying as we watch with our very own eyes. Unless we do something.

I know I'm not the only one on this line of thought.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by lovchalice(f): 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
Me too
Adaobi12:

#fortheloveofbooks# After reading the gifted hands by Ben Carson, I was marvelled, inspired and lifted.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Irishrena1(f): 1:34pm On Aug 03, 2016
kaybams1:

I think I have that e-book. Will let you know when I see where I hid it on my system.
#fortheloveofbooks
Please I'd love to get those too if you don't mind? I'll send you a pm
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Theflint1(m): 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sent the others
duduade:

Mail received.. thankyou

But the remaining nko embarassed embarassed by achebe
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by lovchalice(f): 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
The WHEEL OF TIME is my favourite. I'm I book 4 THE SHADOW RISING. They are a must read
kaybams1:
Actually I thought it will be a nice idea if every book lover assemble here and suggest amazing books that they've read to other book lovers like them regardless of their disciplines.

If you need books to read that will make you ace your exams in school or generally improve you in a particular skill or topic, you can ask. A book lover will answer you. In the same vein you can suggest books to people. The overriding aim is to help each other become a better version of ourselves through the noble act of reading and researching.

And less I forget, before or after commenting, let us all adopt this hashtag '#fortheloveofbooks'. It will be our identity unique to this specific group. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by jauntty: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
sinaj:
yes I do smiley
Plleeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeee..... Share with me cry

Can I pm you?
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by duduade: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
Theflint1:
Sent the others

Thank you
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by bellville: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
For African novels and other books, check my signature. Fast delivery guaranteed.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by lovchalice(f): 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]All thhe ladies here PLEASE read Act Like A Man Think Like A Lady
Adaobi12:
Amazing books have read so far includes; Career girls by Bagshew.
davinci code, digital fortress, lost symbol, Angels and demons, deception point,the inferno all by dan brown.
Half a yellow sun by our dear chimamanda Adiche.
song of ice by George Martin.
phew they are numerous, ohh lest I forget, Act like a man ,think like a lady was also da bomb.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by MidasTouche01(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
layez:

Addictive and am proudly addicted to it...i got all his books@hardcopy cos of the love for it,read all of his books...

Yeah, by the look of it, I'm sure u will love conspiracy theories...
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by emmaxy22(m): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Good day people...I recommend "SEE AT THE TOP" by Zig Ziglar and "FUFIL YOUR DESTINY" by Bob Gass...
grin grin
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by mayor007(m): 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
#fortheloveofbooks
Hello people, kindly help me with this book.
Thanks.

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Theflint1(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
You are welcome
duduade:

Thank you
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
Edmomd:
For those that are interested in Lobsang Rampa. I have some of his ebooks. If you are inteRested send ur email
sambolumkayagarsama@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Evangelio(m): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
#fortheloveofbooks. Dan Brown novels is the koko. I have the 6 books, read 4(Angels & Demons, Digital fortress, Da Vinci Code and Deception Point), two to go. That man is just blessed

Bro please #fortheloveofbooks help me get those Beauties. .
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
Edmomd:
For those that are interested in Lobsang Rampa. I have some of his ebooks. If you are inteRested send ur email
sambolumkayagarsama@gmail
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by maleekfrenzy(m): 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
MrHighSea:
#fortheloveofbooks. I think ds thread is da bomb. Fellas lets go; from TOM CLANCY'S Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Hunt for red october, Threat Vector, Locked On and Patriot games to Geoff Wolak's K2 (frm part 1 to 6 z more than 1000 pages), Canuck and Drake tending to Ted Dekker's Eyes wide Open, Sovereign, OBSESSED then James Hardley Chase's Knock Knock who's there, Hit and run, No business of mine upto Chris Ryan's AGENT 21, Strike Back mixed with Stephen sth's Monster and of cos Bourne Series (Betrayal, Identity etc). Lets continue with Solomon's Mine, Obama's Audacity of hope, ANIMAL FARM, GODFATHER, GODFATHER, GODFATHER, GODFATHER. OMG GODFATHER. N/B some of d novels cnt b downloaded for now (I tried, esp. Dekker n it cost abt N2500.00). Almost forgot, Dan Brown (actually reading his Angels and Demons now) DA VINCI CODE, (pronounce d name well abeg) and Lost Symbol upto MACBETH, ROBINSON CROSOE, James Ene Henshaw's THIS IS OUR CHANCE (actually acted ds one and my Literature teacher 'monikered me' Bambulu), cnt rember some for now, but incase anybody has the movie:24 in pdf, pls kindly share. Read em all n b detective conscious. Happy day ahead nairalanders.

Memoirs of a Geisha is interesting but the sex scenes though matured and exposing the Japanese culture in a uniqie way is meant for strong minds. George's book of Ice and fire is too cool, on it now (book 3/season 3).
you have read all these books and you haven't read any of Terry Brooks novels... u re Missing bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply)

For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! / Matrimony Of Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.