Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Love Letters - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Letters (2289 Views)

Poll: who enjoys to write love letters/love text messages more?

Guys: 36% (4 votes)
Ladies: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Is Sweeter: Love Letters Or Love Sms? / Love Letters / Love Letters To My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Letters by earTHMama: 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2009
Text messaging killed love letters. I still remember early in my high school days when people still write love notes and letters. I still remember lying down in bed in the evening to read them. it usually stirs my emotions so bad.

Teens nowadays send text messages instead of love letters. I think there is no fun and joy in text messaging. Which one do you prefer?

Love letters or text messages?. Any past memories of good love notes/letters you received when you were little?

I kept a file full of Sauron's love letters when he was chasing me around @12. I broke that poor boys heart when I refused his advances. God bless him.
Re: Love Letters by spikedcylinder: 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2009
Wasn't there a thread about this recently?
Re: Love Letters by olanajim(m): 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2009
Love letters! I enjoyed writting them. Unfortunately as academics. The longest love letter I wrote was 10 paged higher education papar! It was on Val day.

The girl later wrote me she got headache by the time she finished reading it! He friends were asking who wrote a textbook to her. They enjoyed it but wished it were shorter.

Text message can't replace love letter because what you get are those recycled junks that are sold at 100 naira on the streets.

What I missed about love letters were those grammatical error that are more fun than the real messages.
Re: Love Letters by H2O2: 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2009
kai olanajim grin grin
Re: Love Letters by chamotex(m): 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2009
olanajim:

Love letters! I enjoyed writting them. Unfortunately as academics. The longest love letter I wrote was 10 paged higher education papar! It was on Val day.

The girl later wrote me she got headache by the time she finished reading it! He friends were asking who wrote a textbook to her. They enjoyed it but wished it were shorter.

Text message can't replace love letter because what you get are those recycled junks that are sold at 100 naira on the streets.

What I missed about love letters were those grammatical error that are more fun than the real messages.

Say wetin happen? shocked shocked shocked

You dey write WAEC abi na JAMB grin
Re: Love Letters by earTHMama: 2:59am On Jan 08, 2009
The longest love letter I wrote was 10 paged higher education papar!

Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And they say we are running short of raw materials for making papers in Nigeria. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Love Letters by SeaGoddes(f): 10:06am On Jan 08, 2009
@ topic

yes love letters written in black&blue biro has become old fashioned and i use to remember the good o'l days when i was the master planner behind sweet love letters, carefully crafting them grin some folks still do it though, but text messages are much shorter and quicker and more direct
Re: Love Letters by MoneyRule(m): 11:49am On Jan 08, 2009
I always saw writing love letters as long proceedures,i mean; the sitting down and putting down what you think you feel kinda sucked 4 me,i alwayz preferred the "i love you talk your own" kind of proceedure.And incidentally text messaging provides that kind of straight to the point service so i prefer text messages.
Re: Love Letters by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2009
MoneyRule:

I always saw writing love letters as long proceedures,i mean; the sitting down and putting down what you think you feel kind of sucked 4 me,i alwayz preferred the "i love you talk your own" kind of proceedure.And incidentally text messaging provides that kind of straight to the point service so i prefer text messages.

Dont mind all these 'techno-phobic' people. Wetin person dey take love letter do when we get text messages.
Re: Love Letters by DonEse125(f): 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2009
Ah,love letters. I received some in skul,but they were,as far as i was concerned,bland. I'm sure the boys thought the letters were romantic,but they did nothing for me,that it,until i receieved one from a guy who later turned out to be my first bf. It was a romantic poem,vintage,y'know,kinda 16th century english(not really 16th century,just old). Needless to say,that poem tickled my fine literary senses. The best part of love letters though,was a little business i had going. I sold highly original,creative,and occasionaly witty poems to my classmates who needed them at very affordable prices. At the latter part of my career,i was raking in thousands after recruiting new talent. My romantic poem busines was joined by my note-copying business. I'd copy notes for my lazy clasmates and get paid for it. A few months later,i got a couple of juniors(Jss 1's)with neat handwriting's and paid them a pittance to write the notes(like 50 to 100 out of 500). Life,was good).
Re: Love Letters by olanajim(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2009
@H202, chamotex, earthmama,

I am serious! I enjoyed writing when I was in secondary school. Most of them are funny and of course with parables. At time, I will include stories in them. Often to demostrate why the lady should take me serious. Well, the next longest letter is 8 and half pages and that is still with me till date. I didn't mail it because something went wrong. The girl suddenly show up with my friend. To me that was the end of my several weeks of daydreaming. I never get to date any of the lady because I often add a clause to my proposal. The clause will state I am free to leave her when I am not happy with her. The few gals that overlooked the clause did not date me but we are best of friends till date.

The reason my letters were long is because I was a very, very shy boy. I will then pour out my heart on the papers, leaving nothing out. I will write the letter and then mail it, even though we live in the same area! Then I will expect the girl to write and mail again! I can remember one lady actually replied, but by then, I have gained admision. It was positive. And by the time I return home, I got a shock of my life. She's pregnant. "Wow," I exclaimed to myself, "she'd got pregnant even before she see me!". I quickly hurried back to school before someone put me in undeserved trouble.

The shortest love letter I wrote? That ended up on my English Teacher's table! I forgot to tear it from my notebook after it was written. She gave us assignment earlier that we should write to our sister living abroad. The letter earned me the 3rd highest marks and some strokes of cane! It was very, very embarasing. Luckily the teacher didn't report me to the principal.

She wonder how a shy unassuming young man could write love letters. I was at SSS 1 then.

I stopped writing long letters when I get to school. I devoted my time to Engineering. But still find time to write my friends and family. It was fun, all through.
Re: Love Letters by earTHMama: 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2009

The reason my letters were long is because I was a very, very shy boy
. I will then pour out my heart on the papers, leaving nothing out. I will write the letter and then mail it, even though we live in the same area!

Roflmao @Olanajim. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You rather pour your heart away in writing than say it in her face. Do you know she may think you are less of a man and immature?. Did you also ask her for sex and kisses through mail?

Olanajim writes:

Dear Ronke,
From the mountain of love to the valley of river Nile, I send my love. From the coast of my abode, I say doxology. Complete the letter for us na. tongue
Re: Love Letters by KarmaMod(f): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2009
The clause will state I am free to leave her when I am not happy with her

what kind of love letter is this?
Re: Love Letters by olanajim(m): 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2009
Earthmama,
unfortunately my letters don't start or end that way. Each time I read the one I had in my files, I just laugh. I didn't ask for sex. I was from home that won't allow that. And very religious when I was in secondary school. Well, let me give you an example. The letter I wrote on Val day had the story of st. valentine there. I wrote it as if I was there when Valentine was alive. I coloured it with admonitions comedy and of course, Love. I then narrated a typical scene when youths celebrate val with sex and ended up ruining their lives. It was like a novel.Somehow, there are funny things in the letters that made me keep some of them. Each time I read them, I wonder whether I was truly the authr.

Furthermore, I got "readers" because I choose my targets carefully. Often, they are the one who enjoy reading. And to be honest with you, most of them are not sent for love! Except two ladies, every other recipient were for friendship. And the two ladies that I asked for love actually gave positive fedback. But I ended the affair even before it started.

@karmabod,
Well, I am glad at my innocent. I would have ended the way of others who left tears behind them. I can say that I don't know why I put that clause in my letters. But it kept me chaste. I must confess, I was greedy sha. I wanted the best without giving "kobo"!

When you talk of date, I have never dated a lady in the way you guys talk of it. Maybe that is why at times I sound strange when it come to love. I don't believe in DATING even till now. Dating, as far as I am concerned is licence for sex. I make friends alot. And when I find someone who I like and want to marry, I'll approach her but with caution. I ended up finding more good people than I need. Now, I wish I have not been nice!

KarmaMod, good men will never lack women as long as they keep their head high. As long as they know where to be at the right time. And as long as they know what to say and how to say it without looking foolish. . .
Re: Love Letters by AloyEmeka9: 5:10am On Jan 09, 2009
Olana Nna m, Jisie ike oh. Rapu ndi asili ka fa na ako. Osondi owendi.

I am sure Karamamod has a strong desire for your romantic notes. There must be a wedding in nairaland this year. Pick up your pen and write karamamod, biko.
Re: Love Letters by olanajim(m): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2009
Aloy,
It is not possible for KarmaMOD to have strong desire for my unromantic post. There is nothing romantic about my posts. Just plain texts drawn out of my head.

@Earthmama,

true, the text message killed love letters. But there is still love letters through emails. Somehow, love emails seem not to have the same effect as love letters. What is more, email don't come with the usual "doxology" that we are used to see in love letters.

As for text messages, it is a quicker way to get one of two results: Rejection and Admiration. Real people don't just fall for text messages until they know the characters behind it.

Regarding your uncomplete love letter, let me cull from an old letter in my file.

DEAREST,
I WAS WALKING IN A VALLEY OF LOVE WHEN AN ANGEL LEAD ME TO BEHOLD AN ANGELIC CREATURE. AS I DREW NEARER, SHE SUDDENLY TRANSFORM TO YOUR IMAGE. . .

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYONE REJECTING SUGAR IN HER COFFEE? HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF A PERFECT MAN WHO WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY FOR EVER? I AM THE SUGAR IN YOUR COFFEE, I AM SWEETER THAN THE SWEATEST HONEY! I AM THE ANGEL OF JOY DESTINED FOR YOU. HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE WITHOUT HAVING A TASTE OF MY SWEATNESS? HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY WITHOUT SAYING YES TO MY LETTER?

DEAREST, I KNOW YOU HAVE OTHER BOYS AROUND YOU, BUT THEY ARE ONLY AFTER YOUR BODY. I MAY BE SHY, GO AND FIND OUT ABOUT ME, I AM THE GOODEST BOY IN MY CLASS. . . Blah blah blah

PLEASE SAY YES TO ME AND LET ME PROCLAIM OUR LOVE ON KILIMANJARO SO THAT ANGELS WILL BLESS US, . .

YOURS AFFECTIONATELY,
signed.

Pls reply this letter and mail to me in two weeks time. I will pay your postal stamp for you.

PS. I culled that from a letter I wrote in JSS3.
Re: Love Letters by AloyEmeka9: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2009
DEAREST,
I WAS WALKING IN A VALLEY OF LOVE WHEN AN ANGEL LEAD ME TO BEHOLD AN ANGELIC CREATURE. AS I DREW NEARER, SHE SUDDENLY TRANSFORM TO YOUR IMAGE. . .

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYONE REJECTING SUGAR IN HER COFFEE? HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF A PERFECT MAN WHO WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY FOR EVER? I AM THE SUGAR IN YOUR COFFEE, I AM SWEETER THAN THE SWEATEST HONEY! I AM THE ANGEL OF JOY DESTINED FOR YOU. HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE WITHOUT HAVING A TASTE OF MY SWEATNESS? HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY WITHOUT SAYING YES TO MY LETTER?

DEAREST, I KNOW YOU HAVE OTHER BOYS AROUND YOU, BUT THEY ARE ONLY AFTER YOUR BODY. I MAY BE SHY, GO AND FIND OUT ABOUT ME, I AM THE GOODEST BOY IN MY CLASS. . . Blah blah blah

PLEASE SAY YES TO ME AND LET ME PROCLAIM OUR LOVE ON KILIMANJARO SO THAT ANGELS WILL BLESS US,  . .

YOURS AFFECTIONATELY,
signed.

please reply this letter and mail to me in two weeks time. I will pay your postal stamp for you.
grin grin grin grin So karamamod is an angel in human flesh?. She is so honored to read this. Muuuuam! Olanajim is the man. Let us wait and see whether this letter will have an euphoric effect of karamamod. Let's wait and see grin grin grin grin
Re: Love Letters by earTHMama: 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2009
This Olanajim better get off his dreams and leave Karma alone because Muza has swept her away. Karmamod will blow his account dry anyway. tongue
Re: Love Letters by olanajim(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2009
Aloy, earthmama,
I am neither interested in Karma nor anyone else. I was just quoting from the old note I get from my file ar you have asked me to. It wasn't refering to anyone.

To be honest, I am not given to writing romantic note, anymore. I don't need them. I have discovered that being romantic alone would not get you a good partner. It is the least important today.
Re: Love Letters by Shuashi(f): 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2009
tink i prefer txt msgs, alwayz felt d luv letas were all lies
Re: Love Letters by olanajim(m): 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2009
@shu,

so txt messages are true?

You have not seen someone in Ajegunle saying he is in Abuja? Truth indeed!
Re: Love Letters by JJYOU: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2009
earTHMama:

This Olanajim better get off his dreams and leave Karma alone because Muza has swept her away. Karmamod will blow his account dry anyway. tongue
you dey look for trouble for love thread.
Re: Love Letters by Busybody2(f): 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2009
olanajim:

@Earthmama,

. . . let me cull from an old letter in my file.

DEAREST,

PLEASE SAY YES TO ME AND LET ME PROCLAIM OUR LOVE ON KILIMANJARO SO THAT ANGELS WILL BLESS US, . .

YOURS AFFECTIONATELY,
signed.

please reply this letter and mail to me in two weeks time. I will pay your postal stamp for you.

PS. I culled that from a letter I wrote in JSS3.

No wonder none of the girls said yes lipsrsealed
Re: Love Letters by earTHMama: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2009
No wonder none of the girls said yes

You sure say those love lines no fit catch you then? tongue
Re: Love Letters by Busybody2(f): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2009
Okay, I confess, i am already in love with him, but since he doesn't do dating, what are we supposed to be doing and apart from this embarassed I can see that Karmamod has got designs on him[b][/b] and what she wants, I have to give her on a platter whilst kneeling down cheesy I no fit fight grin
Re: Love Letters by earTHMama: 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2009
Okay, I confess, i am already in love with him, but since he doesn't do dating, what are we supposed to be doing and apart from this Embarrassed I can see that Karmamod has got designs on him[b][/b] and what she wants, I have to give her on a platter Cheesy I no fit fight

Why are most of you ladies afraid of Karmamod? Is she dracula?. Abeg snatch Olanajim away from her joo. tongue
Re: Love Letters by SOJ(m): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2009
wrote just one and dropped it on a gals locker cos i dint av d balls to talk to her and i dint want her tracing me tru my handwriting. crazy abi! grin
never got any though undecided
Re: Love Letters by earTHMama: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2009
wrote just one and dropped it on a gals locker because i dint av d balls to talk to her and i dint want her tracing me tru my handwriting. crazy abi! Grin
never got any though
Wimp. That was how Sauron was chasing me around in high school.
Re: Love Letters by Busybody2(f): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2009
SOJ:

wrote just one and dropped it on a gals locker because i dint av d balls to talk to her and i dint want her tracing me tru my handwriting. crazy abi! grin
never got any though undecided

earTHMama:

Wimp. That was how Sauron was chasing me around in high school.

Ouch and ouch cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them / Latest 419 By Girls / Guys, Who Would U Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.