Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them (2298 Views)

8 Things Ladies Need To Fix Before A Responsible Man Can Marry Them / 7 Companies Guys Work With That Can Make Ladies Quickly Date Or Marry Them / For Men Alone: 8 Things Thatmake Women Beg For S Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by fadewoyin: 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2010
Hello,

I just want to share a very brief and surprising experience with you guys

I was in a Cybercafe few weeks back in Ibadan, this lady knelt down begging a man who was browsing the net beside me to marry her.
She was telling him, don't I look good enough as a lady for you to marry. This man told her he is married with a son and she still insisted

This is not dem say I was browsing beside the man when this happened
She became so loud to the point of crying and the cybercafe management has to tell her to leave
To say the truth, this guy is really cute but why should she force herself on him to the extent of going that public

God help us o, I have seen so many instances in my 2 weeks short vacation and I am really surprised

Don't get me wrong not all women do this kind of silly stuffs but majority of them are so silly for doing this

Women please know your worth, don't ever beg a man to marry you it's indeed A SILLY MOVE

Love is far more important than force when it comes to marriage and establishing a family

Note: I don't care who insult me or whatever I am just sharing my mind on this issue

Thank you
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by daylae(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2010
@poster Well,it will be ridiculous for a lady to try to convince a stranger to marry her;maybe i shud conclude both of them are in a relationship,don't u think so?
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2010
I guess she wants to marry him
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by daylae(m): 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2010
The guy must have promised her marriage,but latter remembered he gat sarah at home.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Pittbaby(f): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
poster you have listed one example , yet you labeled your post Nigerian Women? Please help me to outline the thought process that brought one unique case to a generalization on some nigerian women.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by fadewoyin: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2010
Pittbaby:

poster you have listed one example , yet you labeled your post Nigerian Women? Please help me to outline the thought process that brought one unique case to a generalization on some nigerian women.

If I am to list all the instances sorry it will take me time and that is why I listed the most surprising one

I didn't say ALL Nigerian women, I said some
So, I am not generalizing, I am a woman myself

Thank you
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2010
If you really a woman and not as a man posing as a woman? what do you benefit from asking this question? The motive behind this thread is tragically obvious undecided
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by ayettymama(f): 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2010
lol
he has probably been sleepin with her and promised her marriage

eeya that will teach the woman to be more careful next time!
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 02, 2010
ayettymama:

lol
he has probably been sleepin with her and promised her marriage

eeya that will teach the woman to be more careful next time!

Hell has no fury like a  woman scorned. That woman can do things to that man both spiritually and physically. I think men need to stop playing games because some people will do what they have to to exert revenge.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by daylae(m): 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2010
Because of the pressure and believe that they're due for marraige,some ladies settle for less. Some will even say"if only i can at least get a married man". Its so pathetic,and that's why som married player take advantage of them.ladies wiseup! There are lots of single guys outhere,if only u open ur eyes.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by fifi09(f): 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2010
A woman with low self-esteem has no control over her life.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by ayettymama(f): 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. That woman can do things to that man both spiritually and physically. I think men need to stop playing games because some people will do what they have to to exact revenge.

I even no a man in naija that lost his son pullin this kind of crap!

Poor man didnt think of a biyatch called karma

who some evil women like to call upon early!
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by iz2much: 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2010
clueless
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Rooneyboy(m): 6:32pm On Feb 02, 2010
U MUST KNOW YOUR WORTH : What worth does a woman have at the age of 30 something ?
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Abekeade08(f): 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2010
Fadewoyin, Your assumption is quite silly. It is no secret that a lot of naija girls date married men, how do you know this was not his side girlfriend?? You don't know their history, we don't know what he promised her prior to you seeing them in the cybercafe, so you can't just assume this girl was going from customer to customer begging to be married like a mad person.

Just as Nigerian men are proud, Nigerian women are just as proud and hardly will you find a Naija women on her knees begging a stranger to marry her, this post is very wowo jare.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by daylae(m): 7:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
@ayettymama it is quite obvious the two were involve,but the question is why shud a woman settle for less,cus she must have known that the man is married,but she still insisted to be in the 2nd place. Marriage is not by force! And seeking to get married to a married man is far unneccessary!
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by CrazyMan(m): 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2010
Abekeade08:

Fadewoyin, Your assumption is quite silly. It is no secret that a lot of naija girls date married men, how do you know this was not his side girlfriend?? You don't know their history, we don't know what he promised her prior to you seeing them in the cybercafe, so you can't just assume this girl was going from customer to customer begging to be married like a mad person.

Just as Nigerian men are proud, Nigerian women are just as proud and hardly will you find a Naija women on her knees begging a stranger to marry her, this post is very wowo jare.
True talk.

@Topic.

I still believe that some women go to the extent of forcing themselves on guys for the sake of getting a life patner
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by AndreUweh(m): 11:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
The whole story may not be true, It is rare for Nigerian women to ask men out talkless of begging them for marriage. In fact, it is non-existent in Nigeria.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by mamagee3(f): 12:05am On Feb 03, 2010
Poster. . .
Do you have any statistics to back up this bogus claim? undecided
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by AndreUweh(m): 12:23am On Feb 03, 2010
mama-gee:

Poster. . .
Don't mind the poster. The whole story is fabricated. @Poster, Nigerian women are not like that.
The last thing a Nigerian woman will do is to beg a man to marry her.
Incredible.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Luvlgenius(m): 12:38am On Feb 03, 2010
Nothing is impossible in Naija, especially where d lady has tasted a lot of good stuff courtesy of d guys pocket, In fact dat is when dey ll throw caution to d wind & wail 2 high heavens.

I wonder why i have not seen such a live movie b4 undecided undecided
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by fadewoyin: 3:54am On Feb 03, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Don't mind the poster. The whole story is fabricated. @Poster, Nigerian women are not like that.
The last thing a Nigerian woman will do is to beg a man to marry her.
Incredible.
mama-gee:

Poster. . .
Abekeade08:

Pittbaby:

I wonder why some Nairalanders leave silly reply, am asking questions not to be crucified ok
I believe I have the right to my opinion and again am NOT saying all women ok,
At least my last 2 weeks in Nigeria, I came across so many instances of women toasting men and it's very shameful
It's quite a strange thing to experience and I believe I should throw the question out

Thanks to all the wise replies and for the insultive ones thank you.

I have no right to say anything SILLY

Thanks to all the wise replies.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 5:12am On Feb 03, 2010

ah well

na today?
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 5:13am On Feb 03, 2010
@ topic and OP

na wa oh!!

na poverty cause am!

or maybe men are scarce.

this lady knelt down begging a man who was browsing the net beside me to marry her

shocked
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 03, 2010
Rooneyboy:

U MUST KNOW YOUR WORTH : What worth does a woman have at the age of 30 something ?

so a woman has no worth at the age of 30 something?

wow I learn something new every day.

and can you share how you received a revelation about the woman's age? Or are you the OP?
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by OgidiBoy(m): 5:17am On Feb 03, 2010
tpia.:

@ topic and OP

na wa oh!!

na poverty cause am!

or maybe men are scarce.

shocked

Good men are scarce.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by chidyke77(m): 6:26am On Feb 03, 2010
Andre Uweh:

The whole story may not be true, It is rare for Nigerian women to ask men out talkless of begging them for marriage. In fact, it is non-existent in Nigeria.
pls this thing happens and i hav had one experience of it at my place of work where a particular lady of abt 25 came to ask me if i could marry her,we only see and greet eachother nt dat we hv anything in common bt she approached me directly telling me dat she always fancy me and wished i could marry her. Ths happens especially if u're a bachelor and independent.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Rooneyboy(m): 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2010
tpia.:

so a woman has no worth at the age of 30 something?

wow I learn something new every day.

and can you share how you received a revelation about the woman's age? Or are you the OP?
my dear u ought to know what i mean na, a Nigerian lady in her 30's that aint in a SERIOUS relationship becomes very desperate thus becomes WORTHLESS while searching for (just any thing) to call a husband ,which is obviously what the poster witnessed . U shouldnt even be asking me, arent u a Nigerian LADY ?
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Rooneyboy(m): 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Good men are scarce.
point of correction brother , MEN are scarce.
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by unban190: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
how wont they beg guys 2 marry them

when they have used all their options up while groovin life

this woman would have probably chased her real husband while she was 21 in school

nonsense
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by kkkossy(m): 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2010
@poster, u mean the last 2weeks u visited 9ja u experienced gurls toasting guys, and some lunatic gurl begging 4 marriage.all this happened in 2weeks? Ur a joke!
Re: How Come Some Nigerian Women Beg Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ poster

Stop doing amebo jor. If you don't know the full story then mind your business. I'm sure there's more to it than you saw, so next time concentrate on your browsing before you time expires tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Your Perception About Females That Goes About With Male Condoms In Their Bag / Igbo Chic With A Cute Face And Nice Body - Please Subscribe! / Can Anyone Bear This,,,,what Is Ur Idea About This Suitatuion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.