Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (21970 Views)

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by eduxerxes: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2015
Op is afraid of something. That's what led to his asking this particular question here on Nairaland. Why not ask him this, do u believe in God? If ur answer is yes, then let me knw so I can feed ur spirit.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Sanguine(f): 10:06am On Feb 22, 2015
First of all, what is a church? A church as it were is where the presence of God is. God's presence is everywhere. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. It is not until one has gone to some specially constructed structure that you say you have gone to church. The church is supposed to be God's temple, where God dwells...and the bible says we are the temple of the living God. In other words, we are the Church. So in actual fact, we do not go to ''church'' because we are the church. The most important thing is to maintain that awesome presence of God. God is so close to us than we can ever imagine. He's closer even than the air that we breathe. God wants us to communicate with him just as we communicate with our loved ones and even much more and he'd surely communicate back to you. It's a two way thing. He'd even tell you how he wants you to pay your tithes and offerings and so on... The 'church' have been so overhyped, which is rather sad.
May God help us.
SELAH.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by rodeo0070(m): 10:08am On Feb 22, 2015
This is my 12th year of not stepping into any religious building, be it Church, Mosque and ATR(African traditional religion). Mind you, I don't despise God and Jesus...
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Tonyplux(m): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2015
U see no need to go to church because u aint yet born again and u still dont have the Holy Spirit in u.....d psalmist says" I rejoice when I hear them say lets go to the house of the Lord.....We hear and learn the words of God in the church and this helps to build our faith...I pray that the Holy Spirit wil open ur eyes.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 22, 2015
sauceny:

Of course he is there....I always feel in me that itz wrong to turn ur back away from ur [size=20pt]creator[/size]
[size=20pt]that was what I use to think..but no more
Bro we are all alone

The Bibles are fairy tales [/size]
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2015
Ur spiritual life is currently dead bro. The devil is doing his best to make sure U don't realise it.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by incrediblestev: 10:13am On Feb 22, 2015
no repercussions just a settled mind.....I don't go to church.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by deadie(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2015
I have stayed away from church for about 8 years and there are no repercussions. The space daddy (god) and underground-dwelling monster (satan) are imaginary inventions of hashish-smoking Middle-Easterners.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Mekanus(m): 10:16am On Feb 22, 2015
Op you're talking about months when am about to celebrate my 5 years of being out of Church. U got nothing to lose man, rather u save 10% of ur income. Religion sucks.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 22, 2015
deadie:
I have stayed away from church for about 8 years and there are no repercussions. The space daddy (god) and underground-dwelling monster (satan) are imaginary inventions of hashish-smoking Middle-Easterners.

[size=20pt]this is just the truth..I hope they all we realise this soon[/size]
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by expozey(f): 10:21am On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed

Love your honesty and good heart. This is just a phase; it shall pass in no distant time. Wish you the very best

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by geraob1: 10:21am On Feb 22, 2015
Na by church. Many go to church n stl come out exhibiting their wickedness. A woman will wear her househelp rags; buy cute clothes for her children n still go to church.

Man go go church on Sunday cheat u for business on Monday.

Be good to ur neighbour. Love itself. Desist from evil

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Gynacologist(m): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2015
gilgal7:
They are many...u miss attendance,notices,sermons,comunion etc Jesus said were two or more are gather in my name i am with them....christians must go to church...its a constant will
are u d one on ur profile....nd u De comment fo ds kind topic...damn u will mk a gud lay...
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Gynacologist(m): 10:23am On Feb 22, 2015
phlamesG:
Repent and go 2 church
him tell u say him sin?
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Gynacologist(m): 10:24am On Feb 22, 2015
mako007:
Mehn bro welcome to the club, I stopped attending church since tym immemorial.
y
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by gmemdee(m): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2015
None.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.
God has been so faithful to me.

So please i wana know if they will be effect of this in a longrun!!

Cool comments pls

There is a repercussion to your church . Tithes revenue is reduced and your budget is balanced

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by MORNDEW(m): 10:37am On Feb 22, 2015
post=30965698:
Bro go church...

By the way... My AdSense is up for sell
hw much?
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by DRealGeesam(m): 10:49am On Feb 22, 2015
Yomieluv:
The only repercussion is that you won't be paying tithe,and offering,and the numerous money taken in the church..

Aside that,you aren't missing anything.
So true.
Many people actually know this but still go cos of societal expectation. Some attend so they'll always have people to rally round them when they have naming, wedding and burial ceremonies. Also a ground to show off new cars, cloths and share testimonies to intimidate others. This is just the Fact.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by noimposibiliti: 10:56am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.
God has been so faithful to me.

So please i wana know if they will be effect of this in a longrun!! God is faithful to u but u ar ungreatful n unfauthful to him. Is that d best way to pay him back?

Cool comments pls
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by missionmex(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2015
Yomieluv:
The only repercussion is that you won't be paying tithe,and offering,and the numerous money taken in the church..

Aside that,you aren't missing anything.
wow I think this is the most ill informd post on this thread. Cogratulations.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2015
Then try and worship on the TV, radio or internet live on Sundays so that satan does not make you completely weak spiritually

http://www.winners-chapel.org.uk/london/media.php
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Onyi4live(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2015
U de talk of months.. Me don reach years wey i no go church.. I see church now as a place where humans show off dia new designs n money competitions
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by stuff46(m): 11:09am On Feb 22, 2015
englishmart:
church is in the heart

Simple
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by DRealGeesam(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2015
Onyi4live:
U de talk of months.. Me don reach years wey i no go church.. I see church now as a place where humans show off dia new designs n money competitions
So true, tho they will deny it
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by LeJeun3: 11:12am On Feb 22, 2015
rodeo0070:
This is my 12th year of not stepping into any religious building, be it Church, Mosque and ATR(African traditional religion). Mind you, I don't despise God and Jesus...

How do you do it??

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by mako007(m): 11:24am On Feb 22, 2015
Gynacologist:
y
the hypocrisies were crazy.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 22, 2015
After 10 years of leaving the Church,I have gone from strength to strength.I could not imagine being under that much cloud of ignorance. I encourage others to leave it ASAP
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2015
God is in your heart. I don't hate church but I have stopped for years and I feel bad about it though I get discouraged about all these prosperity and you will make it preaching. I discovered that many church goers today are after material gains. It is all about gain (making it big) and that is not the essence of worshipping the most HIGH.
I am still working on going back to a good church.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by ChurchillStorm: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2015
see what religion is doing to my brethren. I haven't been in church for 2yrs and I don't think I'll step in there again until I really have a reason to
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:36am On Feb 22, 2015
rodeo0070:

Hmmmm Rodeo!
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Mightyodi: 11:37am On Feb 22, 2015
my broda do miss church again oh. I did miss for five months and I was oppressed by principalities. they gave me insomnia after pressing me. l tried all medical screen I was found to be alright until I met my pastor and he told me it spiritual attack. he prayed and anointed me but the attack did not disappear once it was gradually. that period I felt pathetic for myself went I visited my uncle and saw his dog sleeping, which I desired to do but I can. bros I can sleep at night and day but yet I felt no pains in my body. I went through torture. when God restored me. I PROMISE to serve him well and never miss his presence in church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / Matter And Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.