Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (21974 Views)

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by fleps(m): 8:33am On Feb 22, 2015
Please do go to church. It helps in refreshing your spirit and even if u read your bible at more, you get more exposed and a better ministration from the word of knowledge preached.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Elparaiso(m): 8:33am On Feb 22, 2015
That's me o
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by chillingbabe: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2015
And u expect to see physical repercussions or signs? Loll..you're gradually going astray..Repent and Embrace Jesus cos he's ur saviour and he died for your sins..He's the reason you're alive today and you woke up to a beautiful morning.

GO TO CHURCH AND BE THANKFUL TO HIM smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2015
Biblically, Your body is the temple of God, you carry it everywhere you go. If you can acknowledge that fact then its just the guilt you have work on.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Trendy247: 8:37am On Feb 22, 2015
na wao
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by illicit(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2015
Havent been in a church 4 years counting
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by bayulll01(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.
God has been so faithful to me.

So please i wana know if they will be effect of this in a longrun!!

Cool comments pls
bro ur hearth is your church,I went to church last In december 2014,am just tired of the hypocrisy in the church,the church has lost its value in the society,I see them as making money avenue instead of impacting to the society,I still believe one need to go to church to give thanks and praise to his holy name
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by jingh(f): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2015
U may withdraw 4rm d holy spirit without u knowing
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by mako007(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2015
IamOpemipo:

Lol..awon badoos..form stl remian?
wats stl?
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by djeezy(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2015
Guilty of this embarassed
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Sarimah(f): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2015
you miss alot of things

happy Sunday y'all
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job . embarassed
Hope you mean a real "work" job NOT a "man" job? grin
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 22, 2015
missjenna:
First of all op, the bible says that iron sharpeneth iron. This means that when you go to church and see fellow brethren like you worshiping God and doing his work, your faith tends to be galvanized.
Also don't forget about the word of God that is preached every time in the service.

Asides this points, I don't think there is any repercussion so far as you don't live God's presence, while you are away from the church.
Meaning that you make sure to read your bible and pray always.

Also you know by not going to church, you tend on missing out on offerings which is a huge way of getting blessings from God.
So make sure you find time to give some money to the poor or to those in need. For if you give to the poor, you are giving to God. It doesn't mean you must give to a pastor.

Its not stipulated anywhere in the bible that not going to church, is a sin. Apostle paul only said we should not forsake the assembly of the brethren.

So op, I don't think you get any repercussions from not going to church for a couple of months. Just make sure you don't break your connection with God. And the only thing that can breach that connection is sin.

Well said!
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by hardbody: 8:42am On Feb 22, 2015
I am not opinionated on this. I have issues with going to church but the admonition never to foresake the gathering of brethrens seems to provide a point of compromise for me. Going to church doesnt make one less of a sinner. I know babes that go straight to bf house to fvck straight from church. I guess the need to go to church is to satisfy that biblical mandate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by cardoso111(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2015
You are exposed to unwarranted attacks and just like That king who looked down from his balcony and saw what he wasnt expecting to see,you are prone to more temptations that you cant single handedly handle!
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by maxgold: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed
..your problem today is lack of enough church cloth, tomoro it wil be lack of choice because you'll have more dan enough in ur wardrobe to wear- just keep staying positive...ur story is abt to change..but when God gives U dat job, don't forget ur promise to work for God..

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2015
gilgal7:
They are many...u miss attendance,notices,sermons,comunion etc Jesus said were two or more are gather in my name i am with them....christians must go to church...its a constant will

So you take attendance in your church Yeh? And to be noticed?. What if him and his family gathered in there house and do there own church service, is God with them?
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Cutehector(m): 8:44am On Feb 22, 2015
missjenna:
First of all op, the bible says that iron sharpeneth iron. This means that when you go to church and see fellow brethren like you worshiping God and doing his work, your faith tends to be galvanized.
Also don't forget about the word of God that is preached every time in the service.

Asides this points, I don't think there is any repercussion so far as you don't live God's presence, while you are away from the church.

Also you know by not going to church, you tend on missing out on offerings which is a huge way of getting blessings from God.
So make sure you find time to give some money to the poor or to those in need. For if you give to the poor, you are giving to God. It doesn't mean you must give to a pastor.

Its not stipulated anywhere in the bible that not going to church, is a sin. Apostle paul only said we should not forsake the assembly of the brethren.

So op, I don't think you get any repercussions from not going to church for a couple of months. Just make sure you don't break your connection with God. And the only thing that can breach that connection is sin.

u seem intelligent. If u continue dis way, u'd be respected

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by dharyour93(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2015
gilgal7:
They are many...u miss attendance,notices,sermons,comunion etc Jesus said were two or more are gather in my name i am with them....christians must go to church...its a constant will

missing attendance, notices sermon and communion and etc doesn't not mean anything to him now. He wants to know the negative consequences if any.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by saxwizard(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2015
missjenna:

The gods hav spoken..so on point
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by allanphash7(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2015
What is a church cos i live in sudan
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Youngzedd(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2015
Observing in FHD mode.

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by ignis: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.

Cool comments pls

You've been so normal staying away from church? Like seriously?

Clap for yourself.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 22, 2015
missjenna:

After reading this, now am going to church.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by dharyour93(m): 8:48am On Feb 22, 2015
iceberylin:
Only months undecided

Have been Away for years grin

[size=45pt]JEEEEEESU. I better pass my neighbour[/size]
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Bokoharam: 8:48am On Feb 22, 2015
The devil will chop you alive!
I cannot even imagine what I would be doing at home if I absent myself from church on a Sunday (except I am on transit)!
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by emmyw(m): 8:52am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:

Cool comments pls
Your words can make so many people lose their faith.
The objective in going to church is to seek
to build our relationship with God and
others. Many people go to church to fulfill
an obligation through some ritual and so
are reduced to actions without meaning.
Church worship is all about an encounter
with God and others that changes who we
are. Not going to church on a Sunday
morning because you deserve a sleep-in
does not explain why you miss church on
Saturday or Sunday night/morning. The problem is much deeper than the time of the day - it is a matter of selfishness.

When you become a Christian, you are
called into a relationship with God ( 1
Corinthians 1:9). But I John 1:3 makes it
clear that we enter a fellowship that goes
two ways: with God and with other
Christians.

It's illogical to say that you are merely part
of the worldwide, universal church, yet
refuse to gather with the segment of that
universal church that exists in your
geographical area. It would be like claiming
you have a car, when the right fender is in
Phoenix, the engine is in Tucson, and the
wheels are in Paradise Valley! You don't
have a car; you have the beginning of the
inventory for a junkyard. It just won't
function until the pieces are put together.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Sunmade15(m): 8:53am On Feb 22, 2015
There can be no repercussion, as long as u remain faithful to ur God.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by VivaLaFrans: 8:54am On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed
Eyaaa... I feel that... But that shouldn't be a reason nw... God sees the heart... Infact you could get connected to someone in church who will link you up.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by peeta4u(m): 8:54am On Feb 22, 2015
No Repercussion jor. Its just good to go.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by pring: 8:55am On Feb 22, 2015
missjenna:

Offering is never a good way of getting blessings from God, Rather helping the needy around u and being good to people u meet in ur day to day activities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / Is Wealth Tied To A Particular Religion? / Bishop Mike-Okonkwo Celebrates 70th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.