Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (21971 Views)

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Mightyodi: 11:40am On Feb 22, 2015
my broda do miss church again oh. I did miss for five months and I was oppressed by principalities. they gave me insomnia after pressing me. l tried all medical screening I was found to be alright until I met my pastor and he told me it was spiritual attack. he prayed and a nointed me but the attack did not disappear once, it was gradually. that period I felt pathetic for myself wen I visited my uncle and saw his dog sleeping, which I desired to do but I can't. bros I can sleep at night and day but yet I felt no pains in my body. I went through torture. when God restored me. I PROMISE to serve him well and never miss his presence in church
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Holuwathoby(m): 11:52am On Feb 22, 2015
CrazyMan:
Salvation is found in Christ.

John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

God gave His Son so that we may have eternal life, thus destroying the need of good works, including going to church, to go to heaven. Eternal life is attained by faith alone in Christ alone.

See also..

1 John 5:12. “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life”

Those who believe in Christ, who have accepted His sacrifice in payment of their sins, will spend eternity in heaven. Those who reject Him will not.

To your question No amount of church attendance will earn you eternity in heaven, and no lack of church attendance will result in the loss of your salvation. However, church attendance is important.
so true
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by splasher: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2015
The church of God is the pillar and ground of truth(1st Tim 3:15) and not that physical enclave people attach divinity to, so that when you don't go to church it's like you are not worshipping God. When you attach divinity to any thing in the physical realm you become an idolater, that was the problem between the law and faith. I stopped church membership over 18 years ago. When you truly become a sheep of his heritage you will learn to dwell solitary (Micah 7:14), and that anointing shall feed you as in ancient times, then you will see the true episunagogee(Heb 10:26) ie the heavenly assembly. The word church is not the same thing as ekklesia-it was wrongly translated.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by diiwanna(m): 11:53am On Feb 22, 2015
Yomieluv:
The only repercussion is that you won't be paying tithe,and offering,and the numerous money taken in the church..

Aside that,you aren't missing anything.

Sweet[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] wink!
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by rodeo0070(m): 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

Hmmmm Rodeo!
*Waves to her from afar*
How you de na? Long time no talk. Don't even think of changing my mind o grin
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Originalsly: 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
It depends on the church. For sooo many churches..... the longer you stay away the better for you...they do nothing to uplift you spiritually and pull you away from God by stressing you with money matters. But it is better you find a church that would uplift you and give you that spiritual support at all times.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by rodeo0070(m): 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
LeJeun3:

How do you do it??

As in?
Just act as if they don't matter(of which, they partially mattered in my life sha anyway).
For sure, people will see you as "Devil with the horn" once you say, "I don't go to church". Its easy for me anyway. I know my way round.
People will see you as an Atheist.
And as for the tormented fella, next time, put your mind at rest.
Some of these things that happen to us are just pure medical condition or a phase that would pass or getting on your own knees and pray with your mouth! You see, in Nigeria most Church goers are mentally lazy. Some even go to the extent to pay God of men or sorry, man of God to fast and pray on their behalf. That's absurd!
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Beyhiodie(m): 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
Yomieluv:
The only repercussion is that you won't be paying tithe,and offering,and the numerous money taken in the church..

BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Wimspeter(m): 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Where two or more are gathered doesn't mean you will always attend church k.
Church is in heart.
And where two or more are gathered, he will be there.
It truly means that you can call upon God or worship God anywhere and anytime.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by onyxo76(m): 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
When you stop attending church and you feel cool about it then you are in real spiritual trouble becuase your appetite for other spiritual things like prayer, reading your bible etc will fade away- this is one of the symptoms of a spiritual attack from the devil. you may feel God has been blessing you in this state but pls realize that its Godls mercy that is still at work in your life. The moment that mercy is withdr.awn then you will really know what it means to be far from God. Cry out to God now for restoration
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by BigBen10: 12:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.
God has been so faithful to me.

So please i wana know if they will be effect of this in a longrun!!

Cool comments pls

Op sometimes the devil allow us to live a good and comfortable life without stress but be warned. it is like a very comfortable prison in which the doors are open. you can walkout anytime but you keep enjoying the pleasures of the prison room. when the time to return to the father has come( a day you do not know) the prison door will be shut closed never to be open again.

Go to church and renew your spirit. Am a Catholic and Sunday mass is a holyday of obligation. Its from there I renew my strength. its from there my faith is sharpened by other faithfuls. no man's an island. no mans knows all. you may never grow beyond a certain point in spirituality if you keep to yourself. Go to church it doesn't cost you much.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by UncleJudax(m): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
bankyblue:

That I know very well o bro, but just as one person pointed it out that iron sharpen iron. This is the place where u grow in spirit. And note, if u want to look or go by what is happing in churches now! Hmmm some Uhose guys will leed us to the pit of hell with there way of life..........but u just read u Bible and attend service and leave the rest to God.
Lol. Churches aren't what they used to be....to bad. Overall, I got the gist, I am only critical of your last sentence...about lateness.
That aside, stone shapens iron too. grin
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Missyetty(f): 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
Yomieluv:

lol, u er so funny
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Missyetty(f): 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed
sorry, but do you go to church to show case clothes?
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Dcmg(m): 1:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
deadie:
I have stayed away from church for about 8 years and there are no repercussions. The space daddy (god) and underground-dwelling monster (satan) are imaginary inventions of hashish-smoking Middle-Easterners.
Lmao.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
gilgal7:
They are many...u miss attendance,notices,sermons,comunion etc Jesus said were two or more are gather in my name i am with them....christians must go to church...its a constant will
See them preachers grin see her dp shocked
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by vision2050: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed
a good job awaiting In Gods name. But if the job come don't forsake God.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Dcmg(m): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
The hypocricy of christians is alarming.You kind of think you are living in an Insane World.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
Beyhiodie:
BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER
It's birds of a feather...
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
I wonder??

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
What happens to batteries not charge over a period of 5 months?
the DISCHARGE does not occur suddenly but GRADUALLY...
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Pque(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
rodeo0070:
This is my 12th year of not stepping into any religious building, be it Church, Mosque and ATR(African traditional religion). Mind you, I don't despise God and Jesus...

no bros, na ATS (African Traditional Shrine ) nd not ATR
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Setaje(f): 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
Missyetty:
sorry, but do you go to church to show case clothes?

Read my post again. Word for word. undecided
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by nobleemy2(m): 2:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dia ris God oo in d church oo
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
Create an online church and do ya tin 4rm ya kwanputa.. Afterall, dis is 2015
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Leks(m): 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.
God has been so faithful to me.

So please i wana know if they will be effect of this in a longrun!!

Cool comments pls

God didn't allow you to die and come straight to heaven the moment you accepted christ and it's for a purpose. He wants you to work for him in realizing other lost souls for him. You miss out greatly on that when you avoid church. First you don't get to serve God in the local assembly, second you don't report to anyone who can mentor you spiritually and lastly God won't trust you enough to commit gtreater responsibilities and blessings to your hand.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Abbymart777(m): 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
If u stopped goin to church for over 5month and u stil feel great, its either ur church was never a really church where the true word of God Is preached wit the power of the Holyghost or u were never Part of the body of christ. Either way its bad for u, and u need to discover God fast!!!
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by fitinwell: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
You miss the presence of God... Holy Spirit no longer talk to you... because faith cometh by hearing the word of God.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by ajayiopy: 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
Thou shall not neglect the assembly of brethren. Let us follow scripture verbatim. You don't negotiate God's word
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by sinola(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
missjenna:
First of all op, the bible says that iron sharpeneth iron. This means that when you go to church and see fellow brethren like you worshiping God and doing his work, your faith tends to be galvanized.
Also don't forget about the word of God that is preached every time in the service.

Asides this points, I don't think there is any repercussion so far as you don't live God's presence, while you are away from the church.
Meaning that you make sure to read your bible and pray always.

Also you know by not going to church, you tend on missing out on offerings which is a huge way of getting blessings from God.
So make sure you find time to give some money to the poor or to those in need. For if you give to the poor, you are giving to God. It doesn't mean you must give to a pastor.

Its not stipulated anywhere in the bible that not going to church, is a sin. Apostle paul only said we should not forsake the assembly of the brethren.

So op, I don't think you get any repercussions from not going to church for a couple of months. Just make sure you don't break your connection with God. And the only thing that can breach that connection is sin.

Thank you,you just said it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / Matter And Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.