Stats: 3,158,020 members, 7,835,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (38270 Views)

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by rasco2000me: 7:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
wHAT DID THIS PRESIDENT TAKE NIGERIAN FOR A FOOL CONUTRY ,U TAKE NIGERIAN TO BE A FISH (ZOOLOGY)PLS IF U DO NOT HV A MEANIFUL THING TO SAY PLS I BETER U SILENCE,WE NIGERIAN DO NOT HV FISH BRAIN BUT HUMAN BRAIN take ur statement to fısh
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by etrader(m): 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lie lie, if you don't want to join any issue with OBJ when OBJ said publicly that GEJ is going for one term in office.

What about Ruben Abati, when he said GEJ is going for one term. You can't void his statement. Did Mr. President think All Nigerians are fool.

It is better you pack you load and go back to Bayelsa. Before we embarrass you.

We are the one cast our vote for you before you enter, now we said we don't want you again, na by force. We don't want to embarrass you with impeachment, that is why we settle for poll.

Take care bye

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by utenwuson: 7:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ds lie too much na...... Gej dt use his on mouth 2 say ' I and Sambo tenure ll end on may 29 2015" he further says " if I cnt mk significant changes in 4 yrs , even if am there for hundred years I cnt make changes" God punish u GEJ for lien n deceiving us all except sm fool who ll stil shout Gej till...........
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by tunex23: 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
freshness2020:

...world class aberration!
Smh!
wen u tire u go sleep
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by teejayone40: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Even though you don't want to contest for second term, We the lovers of Nigeria want you to continue the transformation agenda. We prefer you to an illiterate Certificateless herder.
U'r a complete fool nd idiot, wot transformation is dis fool talkin abt...no light, no job, inflation risen to highest peak, a dollar is more dan N200. Bro tink wit ur head not ur leg..(Cow)

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by MrALIVE: 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
GOD! JESUS! Please deliver us from this man called GEJ! Hit like if you are in support of this prayer!

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by adeosunramsey(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
Bastard lier

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by stealth007: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
A lying president, unfortunately there is nothing presidential in lying.

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
Liar! That's why he can never get neither my vote or that of my Family!

Sai Buhari

Sai baba

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Realist1(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
If u ask me I think this is the blue print of all what is called a lie. This lie is cutting-edge,made in PDP.
I expect the president to own up to it,that he said he would be going for one tenure. Then explain why u changed your mind afterwards. Like I have not finished my transformation agenda so I want to finish it or my supporters pressurised me to continue. For crying out loud u won't be the first Nigerian politician to change his mind.
I personally saw u on TV during one of your campaign days in 2011 saying you only need 4yrs,one tenur. Mr president integrity matters a lot. The sad thing is that, that is what we Nigerians have in short supply.

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by onitshaigbo(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Smh.

SMH for wetin? I care only about my people, the Igbo/Jewish people, the chosen people of God. If we Igbos don't care about ourselves, who should we depend to help us? Today, Israel is surrounded by hostile Muslim nations, and it needs as many allies as it can get. I will do everything to ensure that Nigeria is an ally of Israel, and that a non-Muslim friend of Israel remains the friend of Nigeria.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by karoj(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that he was quoted out of context in the statement he made on running only a single term.

The president said this when he had an interactive session with Islamic Clerics from South West region at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”

He said those who have been playing the tape where it was shown that he had pledged to run only a single term had not been sincere.

The President said that what happened was that late President Umaru Yar’Adua came out with political reforms when he, Jonathan was the Vice president.

Jonathan said that he was the chairman of the interparty group of the committee set up by late Yar’adua to agree on the president’s proposal for a single tenure.

He said the statement he made in Addis Ababa was within the context of the proposal.

“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”

He said that he told the audience in Addis that that recommendation would move the country forward.

“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”

“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.”

He said that he still believed in that recommendation in order to prevent the waste of resources during re-election bids of incumbents.

Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obasanjo took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

He reaffirmed his earlier stand that if Nigerians accept his proposal of a single term of seven years, he would not re-contest.

“Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape.”

Jonathan said people were diminishing the office of the president because of politics.

He further said that even with the past campaign for the 2015 polls almost concluded, if Nigerians would accept that single tenure of seven years, he would not bother to contest the election.

He thanked the clerics for giving him the opportunity to clarify the statement and urged them to continue to pray for the unity and prosperity of the country,

Earlier the Chief Imam of Oriwu Central Mosque, Ikorodu,Llagos, Sheikh Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi, had urged the president to carry every Nigerian along in his administration.

The Imam pledged support for the programmes of the administration and urged the government to conduct a free, fair election to win the favour of God.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/
just here to read post cuz i knw all wrdz frm GEJ is accpted by me
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by lovemko(m): 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
onitshaigbo:

SMH for wetin? I care only about my people, the Igbo/Jewish people, the chosen people of God. If we Igbos don't care about ourselves, who should we depend to help us? Today, Israel is surrounded by hostile Muslim nations, and it needs as many allies as it can get. I will do everything to ensure that Nigeria is an ally of Israel, and that a non-Muslim friend of Israel remains the friend of Nigeria.

pls wat is this person talking about?
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Ralphlauren(m): 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
onitshaigbo:

Lol. Where was Isreal during the biafra war?

You are highly delusional.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by coldFLARES1(m): 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
I actually feel immense pity for leaders/dealers extracting some form of commitment from this character that is reprehensibly dishonourable, in this season that his desperation has spiked reasonable threshold.

His words mean nothing. Perhaps he spoke in french then to accuse us of quoting him out of context. This man is simply the devil's right hand man, the father of all lies.

Don't I get the feeling that it's bad for mental wellbeing when an ogogoro alcoholic learns to start smoking igbo when he's close to 60?

Wetin we do God wen he dey reveal to some 'prophets' say this man na I'm he choose for us?

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by lovemko(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
onitshaigbo:

can u please educate me properly on how and how d igbo originated from isreal? i keep hearing this lines and i cnt seem to get my head around it...
i truely nd honestly wish to know before it looks like am the only one who thinks the peple of such believe are also clueless

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by gmaribel(m): 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
lovemko:

can u please educate me properly on how and how d igbo originated from isreal? i keep hearing this lines and i cnt seem to get my head around it...
i truely nd honestly wish to know before it looks like am the only one who thinks the peple of such believe are also clueless

I am confused. Are you referring to the IGBO'S as a tribe or Igbo as in weed . grin

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by sokera: 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ is a fraud

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by kernel504(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
Exigency:

Loopholes are the classic signs of statements filled with lies. As they say, truth is constant but one lie will require 10 more lies to cover it up.
l feel for him, mostly because of all these irregularities associated with his recent comments.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by nzeBiddle(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
JahzaraAde:
Isn't this thread interesting Mr @nzeBiddle?

Smh. These are the kinda things you see with a drunkard at the helm. Interesting indeed! @JahzaraAde

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by iluvnaija: 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
Satan dey trip for GEJ lies!

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Bros, not only you o, that's how they've been baning me, God bless you too sir.
tanks bro
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Rendition(m): 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
I av a video made by pdp then in 2011 I fink bfor any of dis election ish stating how it all happened.....I swear if u watch dis video u wud knw jonathan can never be trusted...pls if u can upload vids too youtube so as too share them for ppl here with a link add me on watsapp so I can send it too u too upload nd judge for ur self 08038379103
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by smogup: 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
chelseabmw:
In as much as I support GEJ smiley

He is lying here lipsrsealed

Sir, there are times you shouldn't twist answers when you are asked a honest question.. >:

Anyway

GEJ till 2019
And you want to vote a liar as president having acknowledged the fact yourself. If the 'Clueles one' can lie like this, how then can he deliver on all his promises? 4 yrs is like 400 yrs with a corrupt person like Jonathan. So lets beta be wise. A word is enuf.....

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by lovemko(m): 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
gmaribel:

I am confused. Are you referring to the IGBO'S as a tribe or Igbo as in weed . grin

lmao... stil trying to contain my laughter...
i couldnt possibly be talking about weed! lol, no no, i mean the people!
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by onitshaigbo(m): 11:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Lol. Where was Isreal during the biafra war?

You are highly delusional.

The majority of our brothers and sisters in Israel do not recognise that we Igbos are Jews just as they are (as was the case during the Biafran War). We have to build Igboland to become a prosperous and advanced place, as well as continually support our country Israel through words and actions. We hope that one day we will be recognised by other brethren, and that the Jewish people will again be united.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by chichriso: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
VOTE GEJ
VOTE PDP

Shun does that need power by all means, they are enemies to our nation, Nigeria.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by onitshaigbo(m): 11:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
lovemko:

The Igbos (Jews) came to what is now Southeastern Nigeria from the land of Israel when the Romans fought the rebellious Jews in and around the land of Israel. Some of the Jews living in Egypt and North Africa fled South along the Nile or through the caravan routes of the Sahara to West Africa, where they settled in what is now Igboland. Through interactions with their neighbours, their language incorporated many elements of the indigenous tribes. Their skin tone and hair texture also adapted over the centuries to better suit the climatic conditions of the region.

But make no mistake, Igbos are not originally Africans. We are Jews from the land of Israel. We should only have loyalty to Israel, and not to any other country.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Ralphlauren(m): 11:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
onitshaigbo:

The majority of our brothers and sisters in Israel do not recognise that we Igbos are Jews just as they are (as was the case during the Biafran War). We have to build Igboland to become a prosperous and advanced place, as well as continually support our country Israel through words and actions. We hope that one day we will be recognised by other brethren, and that the Jewish people will again be united.

Lmaoooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are highly, highly, highly, highly delusional. grin cry
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Ralphlauren(m): 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
lovemko:

Of course they are clueless grin
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by lovemko(m): 11:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
onitshaigbo:

The Igbos (Jews) came to what is now Southeastern Nigeria from the land of Israel when the Romans fought the rebellious Jews in and around the land of Israel. Some of the Jews living in Egypt and North Africa fled South along the Nile or through the caravan routes of the Sahara to West Africa, where they settled in what is now Igboland. Through interactions with their neighbours, their language incorporated many elements of the indigenous tribes. Their skin tone and hair texture also adapted over the centuries to better suit the climatic conditions of the region.

But make no mistake, Igbos are not originally Africans. We are Jews from the land of Israel. We should only have loyalty to Israel, and not to any other country.

i mean no offence but serious this is a case of brain washing... from what you have said now, are igbo the only ones who have an original clan?
again from all u av said, the igboland that you have been living in, isnt it another mans land or is it for isreal...
the man that gave you the land, accomodated you, you even married thier daughters, you open shops in thier lands, and they helped you stood on ur feet and today u realise d isreal is ur home... ur country...
how many blacks were taken to europe nd america during the days a slavery... nw they have become part nd parcel of america nd they have never thaught about treason for once... yet knowing we that africa is thier home... and dey are always welcome... mind you... they maintain thier skin and keep thier race but they love and respect thier adopted country...
why are the igbos different... d isreal you claim hasnt accepted you... ever, you dont av any resemblance or trait, Nigeria had never denied d igbos, why then call rejection nd seperation upon ur selfs...

tbe truth is. if the igbos continue like this they will not av a home nor land and friends, they would be an isolated clan!

who ever is giving the igbo such believes nd impression isnt helping them at all

accept it or not. isreal is not ur country nd would never be, u have one country and that is nigeria....

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 23, 2015
...and what's this about newspaper showing the headings?
mtchew!! Nigerian journalist deceiving kids since 1865!!
the only reason I will vote Buhari is because I know if will so punish all these baseless media crews and journalist!

up GEJ till 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari And Osinbajo In A Meeting With Service Chiefs Today / Did ‘International Community’ Threaten Supreme Court Justices On Imo? / Governor Oyebanji Pays Courtesy Visit To His Wife, Ekiti First Lady

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55