Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) (11763 Views)

Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. / Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. / Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ok i was sitting on my own today when a jehova witness came to me, normally i welcomed her and offered her a seat.

Then the topic of the day began, she went on and on about how sodom and gomorrah was destroyed, how God could not even find 10 righteous people in sodom and gomorah that was why it was destroyed..

I asked her a simple question and thats the question i am asking now

[size=20] They must be millions of Children and pregnant women in these cities, Are the lives of these innocent little ones not worth saving? Is it that the little children don't count [/size]

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by vest(m): 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
and what waz ha respons
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by vest(m): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
and ammmh! does she knws u ar an atheist?
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
vest:
and what waz ha respons

she avoided it ni? abeg make una help answer...
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
vest:
and ammmh! does she knws u ar an atheist?

Does it matter? What matters is to answer the question boss!!

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
She was proud of a God who intentionally committed genocide. It is sad to teach people that righteousness means obeying the numerous ,barbaric and selfish laws of Yahweh.

5 Likes

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Ok i was sitting on my own today when a jehova witness came to me, normally i welcomed her and offered her a seat.

Then the topic of the day began, she went on and on about how sodom and gomorrah was destroyed, how God could not even find 10 righteous people in sodom and gomorah that was why it was destroyed..

I asked her a simple question and thats the question i am asking now

[size=20] They must be millions of Children and pregnant women in this cities, Are the lives of these innocent little ones not worth saving? Is it that the little children don't count [/size]
Surely if there must have been other
innocent adults in those cities who were
destroyed with the wicked God will warn them which he did ! There actually
is an example of a time when God was
asked if He would destroy the innocent
along with the wicked. Prior to destroying
Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham asked
God if He would destroy the righteous
along with the wicked. God replied
that He would spare the entire city for 50
righteous people. Abraham kept
reducing the possible number of
righteous people, asking God if He would
destroy the entire city along with those
number of righteous people. God's
reply in each case was that He would not
destroy the righteous along with the
wicked. The lowest number Abraham
asked about was ten righteous people,
although the answer would likely be the
same with as few as one righteous
individual. How do we know this? God
sent two angels to warn the four
righteous people in Sodom to flee before
He destroyed the city. It is quite
convenient that such details are usually
left out of atheistic sites complaining
about the "evil" perpetrated by God. In
fact, God saved certain people from
being killed in cities such as Jericho.

Surely God could have spared the
children! People tend to assume that
children are innocent, even if their
parents are doing bad things. The
assumption is unfounded. For example,
Palestinian Muslim children are officially taught in grammar school to hate their Jewish neighbors. They are so well indoctrinated that some of them give up their lives in suicide bombings as children. Corruption literally does
breed corruption, which is why God did
not want the Hebrews tainted by the
other corrupt cultures of the Middle East.the children who are incapable of making a moral choice will go direct to heaven.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 10:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
Surely if there must have been other
innocent adults in those cities who were
destroyed with the wicked God will warn them which he did ! There actually
is an example of a time when God was
asked if He would destroy the innocent
along with the wicked. Prior to destroying
Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham asked
God if He would destroy the righteous
along with the wicked. God replied
that He would spare the entire city for 50
righteous people. Abraham kept
reducing the possible number of
righteous people, asking God if He would
destroy the entire city along with those
number of righteous people. God's
reply in each case was that He would not
destroy the righteous along with the
wicked. The lowest number Abraham
asked about was ten righteous people,
although the answer would likely be the
same with as few as one righteous
individual. How do we know this? God
sent two angels to warn the four
righteous people in Sodom to flee before
He destroyed the city. It is quite
convenient that such details are usually
left out of atheistic sites complaining
about the "evil" perpetrated by God. In
fact, God saved certain people from
being killed in cities such as Jericho.

Surely God could have spared the
children! People tend to assume that
children are innocent, even if their
parents are doing bad things. The
assumption is unfounded. For example,
Palestinian Muslim children are officially taught in grammar school to hate their Jewish neighbors. They are so well indoctrinated that some of them give up their lives in suicide bombings as children. Corruption literally does
breed corruption, which is why God did
not want the Hebrews tainted by the
other corrupt cultures of the Middle East.the children who are incapable of making a moral choice will go direct to heaven.

Ok to be honest, i dont even understand what your are saying...

Are you saying the children are not innocent? Are you saying it is ok to kill them along side others? Are you saying that god wanted to spare the city if he found 10 good adults but dont even care considering the millions of children in the city?
All you wrote above makes not even the slightest sense in addressing the op
Please come out clearer and make it snappy dont wanna read another long boring post... give me straight answers...

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
Give ya life to Christ, he luvs ya more
johnydon22:

Are you saying the children are not innocent? Are you saying it is ok to kill them along side others? Are you saying that god wanted to spare the city if he found 10 good adults but dont even care considering the millions of children in the city?
Please come out clearer and make it snappy dont wanna read another long boring post... give me straight answers...
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

God will spare children who are innocent and incapable of making a decision on there own,go and read the bible account on soddom and gomorah again God say He will spare the city for just 50 innocent people including children.God righteousness required God judgment.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
God will spare children who are innocent and incapable of making a decision on there own,go and read the bible account on soddom and gomorah again God say He will spare the city for just 50 innocent people including children.God righteousness required God judgment.

So you are saying no innocent children was found and that is why the city was destroyed right?

2 Likes

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

So you are saying no innocent children was found and that is why the city was destroyed right?
go and read my first post again.the children who are incapable of making a moral choice will go direct to heaven.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
go and read my first post again.the children who are incapable of making a moral choice will go direct to heaven.

Ok they were subjected to a horrible death then taken to heaven... what type of mind do you people even possess

A human said this... Is ok to kill millions of children, the ones who are capable of making decisions are not innocent so its ok to kill them, the ones who are not capable of making a decision will be taken to heaven so its ok to kill them....

[size=20] Dude seriously[/size] ohh meeehhn

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

What do you mean by give your life to Christ

Before you do anything in life you need to be sure of what you are about to do. Example; Would you invest in a business you are not sure of? Won't you make an all round research about putting your money/services into it? You need to find out about the history of the owners of the business,you need to find out about the previous partners and other stuff. You also need to seek the advice of a risk manager.

Now tell me,what do we gain by giving our lives to Jesus? Have you been there? Has a close relative of yours been there? Have you ever been there in the dream?

If you follow what I am say,you will begin to reason like a human being!

3 Likes

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
this one said he will spare them..
malvisguy212:
this one said they will be taken to heaven (meaning not spare)

Common dudes get you brains straight for ones.

Those little children as you say are not incapable of making a decision (let me put an age bracket of A day old to 10years) must be numbering more than a million and god was allegedly looking for 10 good people, these millions of children are more than 10 by millions... why wasnt the city spared even when its obvious than millions of children are there...

He had to subject them to such cruel horrifying death... embarassed This is not even good to think..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:

How did you know that? You don't seem to know more than we know dude

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok their were subjected to a horrible death then taken to heaven... what type of mind do you people even possess

A human said this... Is ok to kill millions of children, the ones who are capable of making decisions are not innocent so its ok to kill them, the ones who are not capable of making a decision will be taken to heaven so its ok to kill them....

[size=20] Dude seriously[/size] ohh meeehhn
they died because of the choice there parents make, let me tell you something, the aborted pregnancy,the children went direct to heaven ,who's fault is it, for there death? God or there parents that made the decision? If there parents should repent,when they died the aborted baby will be the first to welcome them in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

How does that even come close to the subject of this thread?

[size=20] Give my life to who now? ... Oh sorry i'd rather give my life to myself and live for myself and not mythical fables concorted by some bunch of old men at the council of nice [/size]

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
they died because of the choice there parents make, let me tell you something, the aborted pregnancy,the children went direct to heaven ,who's fault is it, for there death? God or there parents that made the decision? If there parents should repent,when they died the aborted baby will be the first to welcome them in heaven.
Ok now he wont spare the city even after finding millions of innocent children?

@bolded... So you actually find it ok to kill a child for something his/her parents did, what he had no freaking idea of...

WTF!!!

4 Likes

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
Question is: How was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? Apparently the angels had to run for their dear lives too. Something sounds fishy here angry

2 Likes

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

this one said he will spare them..

this one said they will be taken to heaven (meaning not spare)

Common dudes get you brains straight for ones.

Those little children as you say are not incapable of making a decision (let me put an age bracket of A day old to 10years) must be numbering more than a million and god was allegedly looking for 10 good people, these millions of children are more than 10 by millions... why wasnt the city spared even when its obvious than millions of children are they..

He had to subject them to such cruel horrifying death... embarassed This is not even good to think..
you are supposed to understand my points there, when I say spare I mean" to heaven"I was still saying the same thing.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok now he wont spare the city even after finding millions of innocent children?

@bolded... So you actually find it ok to kill a child for something his/her parents did, what he had no freaking idea of...

WTF!!!
the text never say he find million of innocent children,if it did pleased provide it now.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 10:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
you are supposed to understand my points there, when I say spare I mean" to heaven"I was still saying the same thing.

why kill them in the first place with such horrifying cruel death cus of something they dont even have no idea about

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 10:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
the text never say he find million of innocent children,if it did pleased provide it now.

Now i love the defence you have mustered..lolzz grin

So in a city of millions they wont be millions of children too?

Were they children in the city at all? i think you should say their was not even any children in the city at all.... sodom and gomorrah dont even reproduce at all... that will be convenient enough

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Now i love the defence you have mustered..lolzz grin

So in a city of millions they wont be millions of children too?

Were they children in the city at all? i think you should say their was not even any children in the city at all.... sodom and gomorrah dont even reproduce at all... that will be convenient enough
surely there must have been children,the ones who are capable of making moral choice will be judge but the Ones who are not yet reach the age of reasoning will go to heaven, I give and example of aborted pregnancy, when the baby died who's fault is is? God? Or the parents who made the decision to terminate the pregnancy?
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 11:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
surely there must have been children,the ones who are capable of making moral choice will be judge but the Ones who are not yet reach the age of reasoning will go to heaven, I give and example of aborted pregnancy, when the baby died who's fault is is? God? Or the parents who made the decision to terminate the pregnancy?

According to you which age is capable of making moral choices?

[size=20] Why fuuckinng subject the children to such cruel and wicked death in the first place, for something they dont even have no idea about? [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

According to you which age is capable of making moral choices?

[size=20] Why fuuckinng subject the children to such cruel and wicked death in the first place, for something they dont even have no idea about? [/size]
5to 6years. The bible does not specifically say it but every educated man should know this.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
ifeness:
Question is: How was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? Apparently the angels had to run for their dear lives too. Something sounds fishy here angry
Imagine such horrific cruel ideas, such barbaric fable concorted by the jews reeking of wickedness and inhumane and someone wants me to read such bull crap and start jumping up and down.. yahweh is all good and loving...INDEED...

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
5to 6years. The bible does not specifically say it but every educated man should know this.

So a 5 year old child is capable of making moral decisions according to you and should be held accountable for what they do?

Am still wondering the type of immorality such little ones can indulge in to warrant such horrifying, cruel and wicked death..

[size=20] why dah heck kill the children in the first place ...damn it[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by malvisguy212: 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

So a 5 year old child is capable of making moral decisions according to you and should be held accountable for what they do?

Am still wondering the type of immorality such little ones can indulge in to warrant such horrifying, cruel and wicked death..

[size=20] why dah heck kill the children in the first place ...damn it[/size]
the rest of your question is between you and God. Good night.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
the rest of your question is between you and God. Good night.

Hahahahahahaha me and who now? I don die ...A mythical being!!!...grin ...am really looking forward to seeing him/her/it cheesy cheesy

Abeg bro Goodnight...sleep well boss..

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Anas09: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
So why can't u stop talking abt the bible and what christians do? Believe in ya self. Talk abt ya cursedself. Get a life already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical / Adeboye Asks For Inclusion Of Clergy In Mid-east Peace Talks At US Congress / Who Is God Jealous Of?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.