Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) (11896 Views)

Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. / Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. / Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Objectives: 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2016
IAmTobore:

The children also partook in the evil deeds and that is why the wrath of GOD fell on them all.

A 2 or 4 year old to partake in evil deeds? Really??
How exactly is that possible?

Hence if your kids committed the crime with you, they are going down with you.

Kids between the ages of 2 and 4?
You see my friend, this is just laughable

PS: Do not forget that 5,6,7,8,9,10 month old infants were supposed to be in that population too, were they also guilty of immorality??
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 9:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
johnydon22:

Please tell me what sort of crime a child of 1year 2,3,4,5,6,7,8... would partake in committing?

Please give me one example
The bible stated that they participated in all sort of evil deeds, all sort of crimes.
You should let the year numbering end at number 3. Because even a 4 year old child already has the ability of personal thought. So from 4 years upwards are bound to follow instructions, i.e they follow their parents instructions.

Now from years 1 to 3. They dnt have their own insticts yet. Now tell how they will survive without parental care. So even if they were spared, they were still going to die. I would appreciate more questions.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
johnydon22:

So if the bible says a child of 1 month is corrupt then automatically the child is, if the bible says a child of 5years is corrupt and deserving of a cruel death then the child is?

That shows someone who has no independent mind but has a very simple one way mindset roped around the dictates of an ancient book of jewish descent.. It is shallow and disturbing.

What iniquity exactly will a child of 1 month be guilty of that it deserves a cruel death?

what iniquity is a child of 5years guilty of or even 10? what corruption can the mind of a child conceive let alone execute that you are sheepishly trying to justify infanticide?

I know you may hold the bible dear but i will be explicit here and not mince words the bible is drunk for accusing little children of what nonsensical corruption that they deserve a cruel fate, and you more so for agreeing to such nonsense.

Classical effects of religious beliefs like i have kept saying, Turns humans into mindless simpletons that they can go to any length to glorify absurdity and justify gross abhorrence

Just what you are trying to do here
The answers to your questions are in your earlier quote.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Objectives:

A 2 or 4 year old to partake in evil deeds? Really??
How exactly is that possible?

Kids between the ages of 2 and 4?
You see my friend, this is just laughable

PS: Do not forget that 5,6,7,8,9,10 month old infants were supposed to be in that population too, were they also guilty of immorality??
Your answer is on johnydons quote.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
Am still waiting for your questions.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Objectives: 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
IAmTobore:
Your answer is on johnydons quote.

No, there's nothing there and you know it, Rhetorical questions do not have answers outside of them and that's exactly what my post was about, to make you see the absurdity of your argument through the questions there-in.

Enjoy.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
IAmTobore:
The bible stated that they participated in all sort of evil deeds, all sort of crimes.
This is not only absurd but simply idiotic i am sorry to say.

what sort of evil deeds and sorts of crime would a 5 year old commit even a 10 year old, please give us an example.

You should let the year numbering end at number 3. Because even a 4 year old child already has the ability of personal thought. So from 4 years upwards are bound to follow instructions, i.e they follow their parents instructions.

And a 4year old that is not even capable of making their own decision but are dependent on the instructions of immediate authority is guilty of a crime deserving of death?

I have never seen a demeaning show of human immorality, i wonder how you could be defending such gross abhorrence with all alacrity

Now from years 1 to 3. They dnt have their own insticts yet. Now tell how they will survive without parental care. So even if they were spared, they were still going to die. I would appreciate more questions.

First you condemn children of being guilty of a fictitious crime then this next defence is being pulled out.

It is disturbing what length people can go to defend such cruel barbarism to the extent of accusing little children of crimes deserving of death.

I am wowed and surprised how someone can keep a straight face while rubbishing the very idea of human moral position.

What iniquity exactly will a child of 1 month be guilty of that it deserves a
cruel death?
what iniquity is a child of 5years guilty of or even 10? what corruption can
the mind of a child conceive let alone execute that you are sheepishly trying
to justify infanticide?

And we are back still to the question If children of 1 -3 as you put them are the only ones incapable of crimes, then doesn't it hold sway that their number stretches up to millions?

Wasn't 10 innocent people the required criteria for the city's pardon, here we have millions

Doesn't the children count..

I am greatly disturbed at this show of sheepish attempt to justify gross infanticide ... I can rightly say these religious belief diminishes the worth of humanity to the religious mind and instills a disturbing stoic clutch of siding barbarism to uphold nonsensical beliefs

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by TrajansKong: 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
IAmTobore:
I still don't understand you. But let me give you some notes. I know you are an atheist, but just try to read the book of Genesis chapter 19, from verse one to the end. I think that will enlighten you. And if refuse to read the bible, i will consider it that you don't know what you are doing!
I'm familiar with the chapter. Full of threats of gay rape, a father offering his virgin daughters to be gang raped (for Yahweh's sake), genocide and father -daughter incest.
Have I missed anything?
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by CoolUsername: 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
I'm seeing a lot of morally reprehensible posts by the holier than thou Christians, this thread is a testament to the fact that religion is not equivalent to morality.

It also shows us the major shortcomings of the so-called 'perfect' judeo-christian god.

Finally, we can see clear examples of people who are far too blinded by indoctrination to see what is right in front of them.

Truly something, that these are the very same people that decry the actions of Islamic terrorists. That's compartmentalization on clear display.

There's no rationalization that can justify blatant infanticide but people would damn well try when their religion is the one under attack.

We seriously need to wake up to critical thinking in this part of the world.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Objectives: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2016
CoolUsername:

we can see clear examples of people who are far too blinded by indoctrination to see what is right in front of them.

This explains it all, indoctrination has always been the enemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2016
urahara:

But if such a story were to be inside the quran.these hypocritical christians would criticise it without prejudice.they wont ever bother to be saying nonsense like the above statement

This is very true!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2016
urahara:

But funny enough he could spare lot who wanted to have his daughters gang raped to death

It beats me how such a man is more innocent and deserves saving more than little Children..

Belief erodes basic objectivity in human minds when they defend the absurdities in their beliefs.

Muslims would never condemn pedophilia since their supreme prophet was guilty of it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by urahara(m): 2:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
johnydon22:

It beats me how such a man is more innocent and deserves saving more than little Children..

Belief erodes basic objectivity in human minds when they defend the absurdities in their beliefs.

Muslims would never condemn pedophilia since their supreme prophet was guilty of it

True
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by frank317: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
This thread is just plain sad.
Men deserve death becasue they disobey a Jewish God.
Women deserve death too.
Even children below 10 deserve death just because they are capable of following their parent's instructions.

In order words people who sin against Yahweh deserve death.

Now Islamic extremists think that those who go against the doctrine of Allah deserve death too... Why are Christians against this teaching?

It's sad how religion can make a good man think evil is right. You say Yahweh has the right to kill anybody... So why such pretentious hypocritic teachings that says 'thou shall not kill'

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by kevoh(m): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
Just pathetic! To see a grown man justify infanticide cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by urahara(m): 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
kevoh:
Just pathetic! To see a grown man justify infanticide cry cry

Can only be d work of religion.

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by urahara(m): 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
Take home assignment .

Tell a xtian brother about the story of sodom and gomorrah .but change the names of the characters .the names of the cities .but dont change anything about the atrocities in the book.the xtian should have no idea its in his bible .watch how he or she responds .

Then tell him that its from his story book called the bible .then watch how he responds.compare and contrast his 2 responses

2 Likes

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by urahara(m): 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnWw_lH4tQ

This video butresses the point i am trying to make .pls every one including xtians watch this video and comment on it

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by simplex2: 12:06am On Apr 17, 2016
Remember animal farm? Napoleon is always right.

Christians act like squealer in animal farm, they are ever ready to defend the Bible just like squealer defended Napoleon: in the eyes of the Christians, Napoleon is always right!

urahara:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnWw_lH4tQ

This video butresses the point i am trying to make .pls every one including xtians watch this video and comment on it

Saw the video, good one. Just butresses the fact that Christians don't seen anything wrong in the Bible. God kept killing and kiling and kiling, and when he got tired, he raised the israelites to continue the killing.

But made sure that there's a "thou shall not kill" in the commandments.

What a joke of a religion!

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
TrajansKong:

I'm familiar with the chapter. Full of threats of gay rape, a father offering his virgin daughters to be gang raped (for Yahweh's sake), genocide and father -daughter incest.
Have I missed anything?
Now do you see anything wrong in the wiping out the generations of BABARIANs?
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
johnydon22:
This is not only absurd but simply idiotic i am sorry to say.

what sort of evil deeds and sorts of crime would a 5 year old commit even a 10 year old, please give us an example.

And a 4year old that is not even capable of making their own decision but are dependent on the instructions of immediate authority is guilty of a crime deserving of death?

I have never seen a demeaning show of human immorality, i wonder how you could be defending such gross abhorrence with all alacrity

First you condemn children of being guilty of a fictitious crime then this next defence is being pulled out.

It is disturbing what length people can go to defend such cruel barbarism to the extent of accusing little children of crimes deserving of death.

I am wowed and surprised how someone can keep a straight face while rubbishing the very idea of human moral position.

What iniquity exactly will a child of 1 month be guilty of that it deserves a
cruel death?
what iniquity is a child of 5years guilty of or even 10? what corruption can
the mind of a child conceive let alone execute that you are sheepishly trying
to justify infanticide?

And we are back still to the question If children of 1 -3 as you put them are the only ones incapable of crimes, then doesn't it hold sway that their number stretches up to millions?

Wasn't 10 innocent people the required criteria for the city's pardon, here we have millions

Doesn't the children count..

I am greatly disturbed at this show of sheepish attempt to justify gross infanticide ... I can rightly say these religious belief diminishes the worth of humanity to the religious mind and instills a disturbing stoic clutch of siding barbarism to uphold nonsensical beliefs
You don't have to insult me or my belief before you make your point.

The Angels never went there to destroy the city. Though that was their primary mission. But they had a change of objective when they met Abraham. And the new objective was "savage the righteous and destroy the wicked". If you look at the story, you will understand that the angels had only made contacts with LOT when things got out of hand. They never savaged anymore persons after LOT. LOT was also lucky to have found the angels, if not he would have gone down too. There might have been righteous people too amoung those that were destroyed with the city. But they couldn't be saved.

The city was destroyed with "lava rain" (a rain of molten magma). I don't see how anyone could have been omitted from the destruction.

Now let me ask you; are you saying GOD should have pardoned the city because of the kids?
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by CoolUsername: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
IAmTobore:
You don't have to insult me or my belief before you make your point.

The Angels never went there to destroy the city. Though that was their primary mission. But they had a change of objective when they met Abraham. And the new objective was "savage the righteous and destroy the wicked". If you look at the story, you will understand that the angels had only made contacts with LOT when things got out of hand. They never savaged anymore persons after LOT. LOT was also lucky to have found the angels, if not he would have gone down too. There might have been righteous people too amoung those that were destroyed with the city. But they couldn't be saved.

The city was destroyed with "lava rain" (a rain of molten magma). I don't see how anyone could have been omitted from the destruction.

Now let me ask you; are you saying GOD should have pardoned the city because of the kids?

I'm thinking that an all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving god should think of a way to not incinerate kids to death.

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

I'm thinking that an all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving god should think of a way to not incinerate kids to death.
Did you understand what I wrote? Were the kids the only one there? As an atheist, do you beleive in the story?
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by CoolUsername: 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
IAmTobore:
Did you understand what I wrote? Were the kids the only one there? As an atheist, do you beleive in the story?

I don't believe in the story. But I find it rather disturbing that an adult who believes in it would try to defend infanticide.

So if you believe that your god possesses the traits that I listed, then why couldn't he find a better way to deliver justice without affecting the children?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

I don't believe in the story. But I find it rather disturbing that an adult who believes in it would try to defend infanticide.

So if you believe that your god possesses the traits that I listed, then why couldn't he find a better way to deliver justice without affecting the children?
Well if he is the one that creates life, then I see nothing wrong if he takes it. Afterall it belongs to him. And point of correction, destruction of Sodom and Gomorah wasn't aimed at the children, so that doesn't makes it infanticide.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by urahara(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
IAmTobore:
Well if allah is the one that creates life, then I see nothing wrong if he takes it. Afterall it belongs to him. And point of correction, destruction of Sodom and Gomorah wasn't aimed at the children, so that doesn't makes it infanticide.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by CoolUsername: 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
IAmTobore:
Well if he is the one that creates life, then I see nothing wrong if he takes it. Afterall it belongs to him. And point of correction, destruction of Sodom and Gomorah wasn't aimed at the children, so that doesn't makes it infanticide.

Unbelievable! You're just unbelievable!

So that makes it ok to just kill innocent children all willy-nilly? I guess it's ok then for an organ donor to just knife up the he gave organs to, right? Is it also ok for an egg donor to just elope with her child right?

Secondly, your second point is flat-out despicable, so it wasn't infanticide because the kids were just collateral damage, eh? That's just sick and wrong.

The point still remains that the god you're defending here killed a large number of innocent children when he in his infinite wisdom and power could have found a better way to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

Unbelievable! You're just unbelievable!

So that makes it ok to just kill innocent children all willy-nilly? I guess it's ok then for an organ donor to just knife up the he gave organs to, right? Is it also ok for an egg donor to just elope with her child right?

Secondly, your second point is flat-out despicable, so it wasn't infanticide because the kids were just collateral damage, eh? That's just sick and wrong.

The point still remains that the god you're defending here killed a large number of innocent children when he in his infinite wisdom and power could have found a better way to go about it.
This is moronic. Anyway when you sue GOD and GOD finally appears at court, let me know. Since that's what you and your fellow wuss want.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
[quote author=urahara][/quote]Why did you edit my post?
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by CoolUsername: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
IAmTobore:
This is moronic. Anyway when you sue GOD and GOD finally appears at court, let me know. Since that's what you and your fellow wuss want.

Can't sue something that doesn't exist. But the fact that you'll support that kind of behaviour because of your religion is a cause for concern.

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by IAmTobore(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

Can't sue something that doesn't exist. But the fact that you'll support that kind of behaviour because of your religion is a cause for concern.
You shouldn't be bothered by it since you say GOD doesn't exist.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by urahara(m): 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
IAmTobore:
Why did you edit my post?
Because itz

...stupiddd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise / As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.