Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) (11872 Views)

Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. / Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. / Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

You see i so that post . the post was so foolish that it caused my phone to release a poisonous gas called obnoxygen.

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:

and somehow a human with a brain thinks there is a City with a vibrant society that didn't have children but somehow continued to exist grin

if there was no children the city would not exist at all since all would die out and there won't be any continuity.

Our righteous Lot even offered his daughter grin

The length people will go to pull out nonsensical petty defence for outright absurdity.

The problem is, you need to conjure up even bigger absurdities in order to hold a defence for another absurdity

It is important to note that some of the children might have become adults as at then and knew their right from wrong. The Sodomites were same sexers and you are right by saying that Lot offered his daughter but who the men of Sodom wanted were the two visitors and that shows that the men of Sodom were not interested in women but men as them.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by TrajansKong: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

May your children simply return to their maker by being scorched by fire being rained down by him

The person known as analice107 is clearly childless, and if they are a parent they are a case for intervention. Institutional not divine.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by TrajansKong: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
orunto27:
Sodom & Gomorrah didn't have children. They were all Gays, Sodomites and Lesbians. And God couldn't find 10 Righteous humans there. Satan was living full time with them and didn't need further instructions to destroy them.

This is unintelligent.

Please. Do better.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by urahara(m): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2016
TrajansKong:

The person known as analice107 is clearly childless, and if they are a parent they are a case for intervention. Institutional not divine.

K O.

Flawless victory
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

It is important to note that some of the children might have become adults as at then and knew their right from wrong. The Sodomites were same sexers and you are right by saying that Lot offered his daughter but who the men of Sodom wanted were the two visitors and that shows that the men of Sodom were not interested in women but men as them.

All of us at some point were children now we are grown but there are still children around.

Now the question was

since there must be children around, don't they also count? because surely enough no infant can be accused of anything yet therefore they are innocent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by analice107: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

K O.

Flawless victory
You win.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
Guys let us not discuss to win 'it's a childish idea' we discuss to reach an approximation of what is right..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:

All of us at some point were children now we are grown but there are still children around.

Now the question was

since there must be children around, don't they also count? because surely enough no infant can be accused of anything yet therefore they are innocent

You seem not to get my point. I was saying that there were possibly no children as at that time because the Sodomites engaged in same sex marriage. Children might have once existed but they became grown men and joined in the evil of their ancestors. The people were all grown...... So, God knew there were no children in Sodom then,
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:
Guys let us not discuss to win 'it's a childish idea' we discuss to reach an approximation of what is right..

Yea, really childish to debate for "winning" sake. Johnny, you could also create a topic and let us discuss the Garden of Eden and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I think your signature might be like a question saying "Since God knows the future, He would have known that Adam and Eve would disobey Him"
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

You seem not to get my point. I was saying that there were possibly no children as at that time because the Sodomites engaged in same sex marriage. Children might have once existed but they became grown men and joined in the evil of their ancestors. The people were all grown...... So, God knew there were no children in Sodom then,

Now there isn't one place the story mentioned Sodom and Gomorah were all Gays and not heterosexual relationship.

-Secondly the story never even asserted they were destroyed for homosexuality it was a later assumption from the incidence of Some men of the city asking to have sex with the angels.

So asserting Sodom and Gomorrah is a city of homosexuals is ridiculous, Lot lived in that city like every other and he was not gay.

Sodom and Gomorrah were thriving cities as others, that they are good with homosexuality doesn't make them all gay.

there is also an instance men of the tribe of Benjamin tried to have sex with a levite but he gave them her concubine too this doesn't make all benjamites gays.

There cannot be a city of thriving societal, political and even religious cultures without children or the city would simply cease to exist within a few years.

So this excuse is really out of line with reality..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Yea, really childish to debate for "winning" sake. Johnny, you could also create a topic and let us discuss the Garden of Eden and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I think your signature might be like a question saying "Since God knows the future, He would have known that Adam and Eve would disobey Him"

Yes brother. about the tree of good and evil and immortality as found in genesis story is a classical myth like Gilgamesh Immortality sea weed or the greek golden apple of immortality.

I do not need discuss it brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:

Yes brother. about the tree of good and evil and immortality as found in genesis story is a classical myth like Gilgamesh Immortality sea weed or the greek golden apple of immortality.

I do not need discuss it brother

But the topic is worth addressing. I am a theist but I do not think bad about atheists. You are free to have your doubts but I would love to discuss that topic with you perhaps I could give a few points to digest.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by zzzzy: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
this post should answer you right.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

But the topic is worth addressing. I am a theist but I do not think bad about atheists. You are free to have your doubts but I would love to discuss that topic with you perhaps I could give a few points to digest.

I already gave you my mind about the whole tree thing, it is an outright myth similar can be found in many other cultures and beliefs.

Believing one doesn't make it true, it's still a classical myth as others...

I do not really see what to discuss there, you can open threads though and invite me over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:

Now there isn't one place the story mentioned Sodom and Gomorah were all Gays and not heterosexual relationship.

-Secondly the story never even asserted they were destroyed for homosexuality it was a later assumption from the incidence of Some men of the city asking to have sex with the angels.

So asserting Sodom and Gomorrah is a city of homosexuals is ridiculous, Lot lived in that city like every other and he was not gay.

Sodom and Gomorrah were thriving cities as others, that they are good with homosexuality doesn't make them all gay.

there is also an instance men of the tribe of Benjamin tried to have sex with a levite but he gave them her concubine too this doesn't make all benjamites gays.

There cannot be a city of thriving societal, political and even religious cultures without children or the city would simply cease to exist within a few years.

So this excuse is really out of line with reality..

The case of Sodom is unique compared to that of the Benjamites. But it is important to also note that the bible makes mention of a faction of Israelites who were involved in religious prostitutions and in homosexualities, so the Benjamites referred to in this case might have fallen under this category. Also the Sodomites had time to repent of their deeds just like the Canaanites had 440 years of grace before God decides to hand over Canaan to Israel.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

The case of Sodom is unique compared to that of the Benjamites. But it is important to also note that the bible makes mention of a faction of Israelites who were involved in religious prostitutions and in homosexualities, so the Benjamites referred to in this case might have fallen under this category. Also the Sodomites had time to repent of their deeds just like the Canaanites had 440 years of grace before God decides to hand over Canaan to Israel.

This still doesn't make every person in Sodom or Gomorrah gay like you'd have us think.

Sodom and Gomorrah was a city like every other with a socio-political and religious setting.

Must have children like every other where the question is derived.

Since they are checking for just 10 good people to spare the city in a city of millions of children.

Doesn't the children count?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:

This still doesn't make every person in Sodom or Gomorrah gay like you'd have us think.

Sodom and Gomorrah was a city like every other with a socio-political and religious setting.

Must have children like every other where the question is derived.

Since they are checking for just 10 good people to spare the city in a city of millions of children.

Doesn't the children count?

The city was scarcely populated. Lot might have been one of the founders of the city (just probating) and so, it was a New City with no children in it.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

lordnicklaus:

The city was scarcely populated. Lot might have been one of the founders of the city (just probating) and so, it was a New City with no children in it.

-following the new excuse..

(1)..it wasn't up to more than 20years Lot and Abraham separated
(2)since Lot came with His wife means others too might also have ...so it cannot be a new city of only gays cus lot wasn't.
(3)New cities doesn't mean there were no children.

Now for the red parts.
You need to choose between the two contradictions that just emerged.

-Was it a new city then they didn't have time yet for repentance having not even exceeded 2 decades and probably don't have children.

-or was it an old city therefore had enough time to repent and surely must have children?

which is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:

-following the new excuse..

(1)..it wasn't up to more than 20years Lot and Abraham separated
(2)since Lot came with His wife means others too might also have ...so it cannot be a new city of only gays cus lot wasn't.
(3)New cities doesn't mean there were no children.

Now for the red parts.
You need to choose between the two contradictions that just emerged.

-Was it a new city then they didn't have time yet for repentance having not even exceeded 2 decades and probably don't have children.

-or was it an old city therefore had enough time to repent and surely must have children?

which is it?

You are smart in noticing such but I consider a city of just 20 years to be new. They had enough time within that dispensation to repent. Lot was righteous and might have preached to them but they refused. It is also possible that they had refused to have children within that dispensation.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by johnydon22(m): 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

You are smart in noticing such but I consider a city of just 20 years to be new. They had enough time within that dispensation to repent. Lot was righteous and might have preached to them but they refused. It is also possible that they had refused to have children within that dispensation.

Hahahahaha now we are discussing newer assumptions..

Lot founded a city of Gays and stayed it sounds as if Lot is gay too to have stayed comfortably in a city of homos.

never got assaulted, was ready to offer up his children to a mob to rape... what a righteous man.

Bro there really is no more need stressing this any further or we will arrive at more outright absurdity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:

Lot founded a city of Gays and stayed it sounds as if Lot is gay too to have stayed comfortably in a city of homos.

never got assaulted, was ready to offer up his children to a mob to rape... what a righteous man.

Bro there really is no more need stressing this any further or we will arrive at more outright absurdity

Yea. He was not really offering his children for nothing, he did that to save the men. Also he probably offered them in marriage so as to appease the mob.

Righteous men were not totally free from sin (except Jesus the Messiah). Lot might also have thought he was commiting a righteous act, and to keep him from doing wrong, the two men dragged him in and shut the door.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by urahara(m): 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
johnydon22:

Lets pray 2geda

O yahweh

Pls stay away from me and my family
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by orunto27: 6:07am On Apr 23, 2016
Are U a Sodomite? No apologies. Just that I didn't know in time.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by orunto27: 6:33am On Apr 23, 2016
Think better and in line with what is going on in China right now where some men sneaked into a neighbouring country to abduct young girls, bring them to China to impregnate them by force to bear children for them. When God wants to permit satan to kill you, God will first make you mad and unreasonable. Sodom and Gomorrah were at the peak of madness and unreasonableness when God allowed satan to destroy them. Satan couldn't destroy Job 'cos he was reasonable and sane.
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by TrajansKong: 8:36am On Apr 23, 2016
orunto27:
Think better and in line with what is going on in China right now where some men sneaked into a neighbouring country to abduct young girls, bring them to China to impregnate them by force to bear children for them. When God wants to permit satan to kill you, God will first make you mad and unreasonable. Sodom and Gomorrah were at the peak of madness and unreasonableness when God allowed satan to destroy them. Satan couldn't destroy Job 'cos he was reasonable and sane.

How do you manage to live on a day to day basis with these kind of thoughts running through your mind? shocked shocked undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by orunto27: 11:24am On Apr 23, 2016
I know Luggard, Azikwe, Awo, Bello, Balewa, Kano(he imported religious strife into Nigeria), Dwright, Wilston, Lunsdale, Ironsi, Gowon, Murtala, OBJ-1-2-3, Buhari84, IBB and Buhari now. I have seen how each of them are rated in the Kingdom of Heaven. So friend fear God and pray always to do His Will and serve His Pleasures. This is all there is to life. I am now hinting for the first time that God has started revealing why He allows WAI of 1984 to be repeated now in the life of Nigerians. For Buhari to refuse to succumb to devaluation of the Naira, despite mounting pressures from the Western world and their Nigerian collaborators is a Divine Instruction. Alleluia!!!!
Re: Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) by TrajansKong: 11:45am On Apr 23, 2016
orunto27:
I know Luggard, Azikwe, Awo, Bello, Balewa, Kano(he imported religious strife into Nigeria), Dwright, Wilston, Lunsdale, Ironsi, Gowon, Murtala, OBJ-1-2-3, Buhari84, IBB and Buhari now. I have seen how each of them are rated in the Kingdom of Heaven. So friend fear God and pray always to do His Will and serve His Pleasures. This is all there is to life. I am now hinting for the first time that God has started revealing why He allows WAI of 1984 to be repeated now in the life of Nigerians. For Buhari to refuse to succumb to devaluation of the Naira, despite mounting pressures from the Western world and their Nigerian collaborators is a Divine Instruction. Alleluia!!!!
O................................................................................................ K!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Big Church Gospel Talent Show Commences Online Exhibition For Dancers, Singers / The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.