Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money (33388 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Blitz888(m): 10:23am On Feb 25, 2015
pickabeau1:

What is okpaku
onye na'akpa aku... I just made that up to buttress my point that one doesn't get married to a maiden to live off her..
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by urchbarbie(f): 10:23am On Feb 25, 2015
pickabeau1:

What is okpaku
wealth gatherer .hustler
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Blitz888(m): 10:24am On Feb 25, 2015
urchbarbie:
wealth gatherer .hustler
thanks for that timely intervention..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by JoeCutie(m): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2015
This is a very bad thing to do, for those men who do it. And it's true too, I've seen it before.

But look closely, you'd see that women are not helping matters at all. Most times, the women cause this.

You'd see a man who earns say, #200,000 monthly salary left with all the responsibilities of the family: feed the family, children's school fees and bills, the wife's bills, his own bills too, etc; while the wife with say, #150,000 monthly salary is solely focused on buying big and elegant bags, shoes, clothes, make up, hairs, etc, and still expects her husband to take care of her as his wife (which of course, the husband is obliged to do as her husband). But who's deceiving who? Men need help. The wives got to help them if they have. It is the joy of every man to see his wife being concerned about the wellbeing of the family. Many a time, women are so selfish about the whole thing.

That the man is the head of the family doesn't mean he should kill himself or die because of you; he's not Jesus Christ.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Blitz888(m): 10:35am On Feb 25, 2015
fuzzywuzzy:
Men these days are just useless. The situation OP described is taking place in almost every home today just that the wives are hiding it because they don't want to look pathetic. Listen closely to their convos with best friends and you'll hear them complaining bitterly about their husbands' irresponsibility......... Marriage has lost its value. Men don't want to do anything at all these days: housework they won't help with, children they will not take care of, cook they will not cook. Ok provide money which is the only thing they are generally expected to do and still they cannot do it, they will rather spend the money on women outside instead of their own kids. Very useless people.
your comments are unladylike... Stop the wrongful generalization, men of honour abound everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
urchbarbie:
wealth gatherer .hustler
Blitz888:
onye na'akpa aku... I just made that up to buttress my point that one doesn't get married to a maiden to live off her..

Thanks..i understand

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by shamota: 5:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
bayumyguy:
It is a curse on a man dat doesn,t take care of the family bible confirmed that,so whether the woman has money or not, man need to the his own responsiblity.

Hello, stop interpreting the Bible upside down. It said 2 shall become 1 and she will be a helper. Men should be responsible and the women should also be open in ll ways including finance. We can achieve more with more. The moral here is that we should show love financially too and not only in bed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Nice input

Like you rightly said, individuals choose what part of the old/new school suits them undecided

Old School: Husband provides all the needs, wifey is responsible for all the house keeping
New School: Husband and wife provides needs and are both responsible for housekeeping

The situation whether either party wants a school's benefits without the responsibilities brings about rancor except the other party is fine with it. That's why my first post on this thread asked if the men in question did chores...

I am sure if they both decided to handle chores and finance, this discussion will not come up.

Absolutely spot on!, men want to have their cake and eat it! They want you to pay for shit, yet do all the housework and bring up the kids pretty much alone, thunder fire dem angry.

The ratio of money bringing and housework and child rearing should be cross proportional. If u pay 70% of expenses the expect to do 30% of house stuff. And vice versa.

Very simple formula

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by lastnogood(f): 2:33am On Feb 26, 2015
chibic:
But if the woman is making a considerable amount of money,why won't she help?..what is her money for? Make ups and clothes? Spending money on her kids should be a problem? But it is right for the man to spend all his money even when he is making a pea nut amount.women loves to anounce to the whole world whenever they spend a penny on their familly. If a man starts a busines for his wife and she eventually starts making good money from it,why won't she help out financially? Or maybe the husband sent her to school and took care of her till she graduated and get job,still she will expect to go to her grave with all the money she makes.I thought women wants equality but when it comes to responsibilities,they'll remind you that its a man's job. Only a house wife should complain if the man is not taking 100% care of his financial responsibilities.but as for working class or business women..shut the ffuck up you selfish beings!!!

That was a very uninformed and short sided post. Look carefully, did she complain about sharing the family expense, or by having to single handedly carry them. Knowing how you men operate, he'd still expect her to do all that work that makes you folk grumpy and lazy by day's end, but she'd have to pick up and cook dinner, mind children and ensure the home is well kept.

Then, I ask you, what is the use of marriage? If that that's how you expect it to be, hire ashewo for forking, househelp for cleaning, tutor for homework and be happy by yourselves. As for the lady, it's a shame she lives in that society, thank God I don't have to be burdened by a lazy man just to be considered a bonified woman. Chaaaa!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by cococandy(f): 6:02am On Feb 26, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by chibic(m): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
lastnogood:

That was a very uninformed and short sided post. Look carefully, did she complain about sharing the family expense, or by having to single handedly carry them. Knowing how you men operate, he'd still expect her to do all that work that makes you folk grumpy and lazy by day's end, but she'd have to pick up and cook dinner, mind children and ensure the home is well kept.
which work makes men grump and lazy by the way? Cleaning the house and cooking? Are you naturally lazy? How is it something to tell the public if you look after your kids? Please,I don't see any big deal in it.so stop mentioning them.

Like I said, if a woman is making a considerable amount of money,she should also help out her husband.btw,majority of the working working class and business women has maids plenty at home.so what is their job again? To make money and buy make ups,clothes and go out partying abi?

lastnogood:

Then, I ask you, what is the use of marriage? If that that's how you expect it to be, hire ashewo for forking, househelp for cleaning, tutor for homework and be happy by yourselves. As for the lady, it's a shame she lives in that society, thank God I don't have to be burdened by a lazy man just to be considered a bonified woman. Chaaaa!!!!
all these words you jumbled up there makes no sense!
Who cares about the man you have in your life? if he licks your @ss,how's that my biz?
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by adebisicutie: 12:33am On Feb 27, 2015
onyichick:
my colleague was jst narrating how her husband has left all the redponsibilities of the home for her.she has bin paying d house rent for the past four years.she buys food n all.he doesn't ever contribute and she doesn't knw wat he spends his money on.

Very useless man, probably spending his salary on some little girls outside. A lot of irresponsible lazy men these days see their wives as ATM plus house help. So the woman pays the rent, school fees , bills and takes care of most financial responsibility yet he won't help her with the kids, cooking or chores. If she gets a maid, they will say if the maid serves him food then he is justified for sleeping with the maid
If you don't contribute financially or to the household then what is your role in the marriage angry

So many married women these days are basically single mothers only that the world doesn't know. The lazy men these days use that oppournity to waste their money carrying girls around. Don't you wonder how a lot of these guys are able to afford girl friends undecided they won't pay their children's school fees or house rent yet they will pay rent for the mistress and even buy her iPhone 6 angry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by lastnogood(f): 12:32am On Feb 28, 2015
chibic:
which work makes men grump and lazy by the way? Cleaning the house and cooking? Are you naturally lazy? How is it something to tell the public if you look after your kids? Please,I don't see any big deal in it.so stop mentioning them.

Like I said, if a woman is making a considerable amount of money,she should also help out her husband.btw,majority of the working working class and business women has maids plenty at home.so what is their job again? To make money and buy make ups,clothes and go out partying abi?

all these words you jumbled up there makes no sense!
Who cares about the man you have in your life? if he licks your @ss,how's that my biz?

You really have reading comprehension issues my friend.. I said all the work you (as in you men) do. As in you go to the office/work and come home exhausted, grumpy and lazy.

Women are expected to do that and still do all domestic work and not complain of tired back, achy muscles or feeling lazy for one day.

Also, I'll repeat in plain words.
Original complaint: Footing the entire family expenses.
No complaints: About sharing the family expenses.

Do you understand, or is my grammar too big for you

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 28, 2015
So let me get this straight, we're talking about married women who take care of their kids & home, clean + cook, work, and foot all of the bills? And when/if she ventures to ask for assistance (for school fees for the kids, was it?), she's refused?

She does realize she's essentially a single mother paying for a live-in sexmate at this point, no?

'Tis a scenario from the flaming butt-crack 'a hell lipsrsealed

Laziness is truly a disease undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by yaskarahyelhope(f): 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Its coz d generation of men in existence on d surface of d earth esp now, are veeeeeeeerrrrrry lazy. Y do U think they are looking for working class lady. A guy once asked that since his wife earns more than 80k which is higher than his, Y shd he still buy food stuff and fend for d house?

Anyways, ask Calabar if im wife dey complain as im dey Bleep her well , clean house, come cook join?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by bukatyne(f): 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
So let me get this straight, we're talking about married women who take care of their kids & home, clean + cook, work, and foot all of the bills? And when/if she ventures to ask for assistance (for school fees for the kids, was it?), she's refused?

She does realize she's essentially a single mother paying for a live-in sexmate at this point, no?

'Tis a scenario from the flaming butt-crack 'a hell lipsrsealed

Laziness is truly a disease undecided

Lol@ single mother

It is well
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Jahblessme: 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2015
Marriage on its own is going to be obsolete very soon.
There's no real advantage in it for women.
Society has decieved us into thinking there's real gain in being married.
The only thing is avoiding ur kids being called bastards.

Cook clean chores kids,na woman.You go work on top yet come home and continue plus no help?

So of what use is a man then?Thankfully the world in general is wisening up.No need to marry,split all bills and yea you can live next door.

Cannot see wait for the dawn of an equal world!!
Soon and very soon. Muhehehhehehehehe

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 30, 2015
bukatyne:

Lol@ single mother

It is well

She is a single mother, what else? Too bad. Her choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 30, 2015
Jahblessme:

Cook clean chores kids,na woman.You go work on top yet come home and continue plus no help?
So of what use is a man then?Thankfully the world in general is wisening up.No need to marry,split all bills and yea you can live next door.
True talk.

The only thing they were actually accepting responsibility for has become a problem for them. Might as well live as a single mom instead of slaving away for somebody that's doing nothing but getting free sex from you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 6:50am On Mar 30, 2015
Jahblessme:

Your prayer may soon come to pass
We shall see who needs marriage more

Why bother with responsibility when one single mom will raise my kids.
That means I can even be more irresponsible.

I pay my steward or stewardess to cook and clean my home

So who needs marriage....

PS we need more women like you so we can have less women who want marriage tieing us down
Yay
Equality
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Jahblessme: 7:40am On Mar 30, 2015
And as I said,I do not see the advantages of marriage to any woman.
Marriage or no doesn't make anyone responsible.
Exactly,who needs marriage its becoming outdated.
I ask again what is the advantage to a woman,? Esp when she ends up doing all the chores cooking cleaning washing kids plus work and then should form p orn star for night..

Abegi, the end is nigh.Thank God people are realising that its all been a big scam

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 8:26am On Mar 30, 2015
Jahblessme:
And as I said,I do not see the advantages of marriage to any woman.
Marriage or no doesn't make anyone responsible.
Exactly,who needs marriage its becoming outdated.
I ask again what is the advantage to a woman,? Esp when she ends up doing all the chores cooking cleaning washing kids plus work and then should form p orn star for night..

Abegi, the end is nigh.Thank God people are realising that its all been a big scam

I am also waiting for this your wish to come true
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2015
pickabeau1:

PS we need more women like you so we can have less women who want marriage tieing us down
Yay
Equality
But will your kids want to take care of you in your old age when you were not part of their upbringing?
They will rather be with the woman who was there for them don't you think? Even if they do show up to care for you it will be out of pity and not love.

I believe the solution for those who don't like marriage is using surrogate mothers for the men and sperm donors for the women. That way you men raise the kids yourself and grow old with them and women can finally have kids that bear their own names.
The idea of women discarding their individuality by changing surnames after marriage never sat well with me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by GL(f): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2015
It was the same in my family. My mum was a housewife but did small businesses, which she used to complement my dad's income. People assumed my dad earned much more than he did cos she made us & the house look extra nice. Dad started getting lazy, so she worked even harder sometimes doing 3-4 different businesses. Eventually his laziness cost him his job and she had to carry the family's financial burden alone. She really covered for him though, cos she didn't want people to know.

I have seen fathers who would go out of their way to buy clothes, feed their kids, make their wives happy. I pray for such a man.

To men,
shirking your responsibilities doesn't just affect your wife, it messes up your kids. Especially if it starts when they are young.

pickabeau1:

Yay
Equality

I better start planning a massive retirement home for when your crop of 'irresponsible' men grow old. I bet the children you abandon will be glad to have a place to abandon you to.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2015
fellis:

But will your kids want to take care of you in your old age when you were not part of their upbringing?
They will rather be with the woman who was there for them don't you think? Even if they do show up to care for you it will be out of pity and not love.

I believe the solution for those who don't like marriage is using surrogate mothers for the men and sperm donors for the women. That way you men raise the kids yourself and grow old with them and women can finally have kids that bear their own names.
The idea of women discarding their individuality by changing surnames after marriage never sat well with me.

When your wish comes true we shall see
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2015
GL:
It was the same in my family. My mum was a housewife but did small businesses, which she used to complement my dad's income. People assumed my dad earned much more than he did cos she made us & the house look extra nice. Dad started getting lazy, so she worked even harder sometimes doing 3-4 different businesses. Eventually his laziness cost him his job and she had to carry the family's financial burden alone. She really covered for him though, cos she didn't want people to know.

I have seen fathers who would go out of their way to buy clothes, feed their kids, make their wives happy. I pray for such a man.

To men,
shirking your responsibilities doesn't just affect your wife, it messes up your kids. Especially if it starts when they are young.

I better start planning a massive retirement home for when your crop of 'irresponsible' men grow old. I bet the children you abandon will be glad to have a place to abandon you to.

No need for retirement home
They will be well funded in their old age with their nest egg which was kept away from prying alimonic eyes.

smiley
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2015
pickabeau1:

No need for retirement home

This: well-said

They will be well funded in their old age with their nest egg which was kept away from prying alimonic eyes.

smiley

This: quite disparaging considering the subject centers around useless inadequacy. Rest assured, your well-hidden nest egg will be of benefit to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

This: well-said

This: quite disparaging considering the subject centers around useless inadequacy. Rest assured, your well-hidden nest egg will be of benefit to you.

Nope

It centres around people who don't provide for their kids since the women say they don't need men.
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2015
pickabeau1:

Nope

It centres around people who don't provide for their kids since the women say they don't need men.

Come on, this is beyond pathetic. Such people shouldn't be having children, period.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Come on, this is beyond pathetic. Such people shouldn't be having children, period.

I don't see what is pathetic

If u women want to handle the responsibility of kids and let men be..why not
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
pickabeau1:

I don't see what is pathetic

If u women want to handle the responsibility of kids and let men be..why not

You do not see?

I've always been convinced [the vast/overwhelming majority of] people have no idea why, or what they're doing when they bring rugrats into this world.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

You do not see?

I've always been convinced [the vast/overwhelming majority of] people have no idea why, or what they're doing when they bring their rugrats into this world.

Its an opinion.. Nothing wrong with that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blackson Nwanyanwu & Siblings Accused Of Beating Up Their Brother's Wife (Graphi / What I Witnessed Last Night! / Two Die In Enugu Community Over Adulterous Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.