Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (137682 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
DanIndia:
WOW. Thanks for sharing, snipesdam.

Let's hope someone will show up for this position. Do you have more details ? Salary, term etc ?

It's very important. The head of SOL here in PH called me and requested for candidates for the test tomorrow. Pay is 70 to 90k
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2015
What track are you currently working on ? Anyone planning to go via the Collaboration route ? That is all way the way from CCNA Collab ?
rhymz:
no need to argue over this anyway..... Would give you guyz a heads up when I am ready to get it for RnS fir now I need to round up the track I am doing presently.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Smeeky(m): 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
Good evening guys.
please I'm an accounting graduate,but I want to go into IT. where do I start?.... I am currently training on taking A+ exam,but I don't have much materials to prepare for the exam. Please your advice would be appreciated.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2015
HI guys, how have we being. I wanna enjoin us to like the Cisco Study Forum Facebook page. Guess we can all pick a few things from there as we get better daily in this field.

Just search for "Cisco Study Forum" on Facebook. It has the chuck Robbins as the profile picture

Best wishes
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
snipesdam:
Guys whats up here........... this thread is getting bored oooo. Lemme assume we are all studying shaa cheesy cheesy Just passed 300-101 cool cool cool

Grats, I hope that you obtain your entire CCNP R&S in no time
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
You're already taking the right step. After A+, go N+ - don't write the certs. Just get the knowledge and then get on with CCNA. Read as much as you can. Practice! Practice!!
Smeeky:
Good evening guys.
please I'm an accounting graduate,but I want to go into IT. where do I start?.... I am currently training on taking A+ exam,but I don't have much materials to prepare for the exam. Please your advice would be appreciated.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
By the way, what did you study with ? 100% GNS3 ? Any other simulators ?
snipesdam:
Guys whats up here........... this thread is getting bored oooo. Lemme assume we are all studying shaa cheesy cheesy Just passed 300-101 cool cool cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:
By the way, what did you study with ? 100% GNS3 ? Any other simulators ?

GNS3 is a great SIM if you can't get live equipment. Packet Tracer is decent as well.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
I know that. I was just checking with him. And you can't do so much with PT when studying for NP.
Fulaman198:

GNS3 is a great SIM if you can't get live equipment. Packet Tracer is decent as well.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by incrediblestev: 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:
What track are you currently working on ? Anyone planning to group via the Collaboration route ? That is all way the way from CCNA Collab ?
I am currently doing collaboration, I am already CCNA collaboration certified and training for my CCNP level, currently reading and labbing CVoice, one of the five exams for CCNP Collaboration. Anyone interest in collaboration group studies on skype can can join me, I have a new study group i created some few days ago..... trust me, there is a lot we can learn from each other plus I currently have INE All Access Pass and plenty materials as well....Just looking for guys with the same zeal and interest to ginger me.....iron sharpeneth iron....I could also show you guys how we can create a VOIP network on GNS3 using CME. my skype group name is incrediblestev
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
This is already a study group. The most you can do is contribute and not asking people to follow your group. If you read the thread properly, it's a study group on where people share stuffs. If you've got anything to share, you can go ahead and share.

That being said, I don't really think you can lab CCNA collab effectively (I'm not saying it's impossible) but you'll have to configure a lot. Kudos on having set that up. How's it working for you ?
And the INE All Access Pass - how much did you get that for ?
incrediblestev:
I am currently doing collaboration, I am already CCNA collaboration certified and training for my CCNP level, currently reading and labbing CVoice, one of the five exams for CCNP Collaboration. Anyone interest in collaboration group studies on skype can can join me, I have a new study group i created some few days ago..... trust me, there is a lot we can learn from each other plus I currently have INE All Access Pass and plenty materials as well....Just looking for guys with the same zeal and interest to ginger me.....iron sharpeneth iron....I could also show you guys how we can create a VOIP network on GNS3 using CME. my skype group name is incrediblestev
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:
I know that. I was just checking with him. And you can't do so much with PT when studying for NP.

If you are doing CCNP switch, Packet Tracer 6.2 should suffice. There are a few things you can't do in route though for Packet Tracer.

What I find most useful is the Boson Net Simulator for CCNP if you are serious
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
incrediblestev:

Very good, INE has great material
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by incrediblestev: 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:
This is already a study group. The most you can do is contribute and not asking people to follow your group. If you read the thread properly, it's a study group on where people share stuffs. If you've got anything to share, you can go ahead and share.
That being said, I don't really think you can lab CCNA collab effectively (I'm not saying it's impossible) but you'll have to configure a lot. Kudos on having set that up. How's it working for you ?
And the INE All Access Pass - how much did you get that for ?
Urm.....I was actually referring specifically to people who are studying or training or have interest in Cisco collaboration, I know you already have a study group but I dont know how to join it and it is actually for RnS, right?

As for the possibility of labbing VOIP on GNS3, as far as the CCNA level labbing is concerned, you can do 90 percent of it on GNS3 of course with the exception of PSTN connection where voice interface cards like FXO/FXS can't be simulated buty setting up a call with CME, Cisco IP communicator and Vmware is very much possible. Your phones will run on virtual machines and actually call each whether on thesame network or using dial peers to route calls to another CME set up on your GNS3 topology is all achievable.

Besides, if you work for a Cisco partner, with your cisco ID associated to your company, you can gain a full 4 hour access to cisco Gold labs with CUCM and Unity and actually LAB on topics like MGCP, SRST, H.323 gateways and likes...there are cheaper options if you know how to go around it....

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by incrediblestev: 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
For the INE all Access pass, I subscribed for the one month plan.....you can get the cost of that from INE's website...not much
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
incrediblestev:
For the INE all Access pass, I subscribed for the one month plan.....you can get the cost of that from INE's website...not much

There was at one point a deal in which if you are a GNS3 user they had a special promotion.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
SWITCH CP on PT, really ? There are so many options you won't find on PT. Most especially VLAN related.
Fulaman198:

If you are doing CCNP switch, Packet Tracer 6.2 should suffice. There are a few things you can't do in route though for Packet Tracer.

What I find most useful is the Boson Net Simulator for CCNP if you are serious
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
COOL stuff. And you have access to like all the stuffs available on INE ? If you're free now, let's do a run through on SKYPE. SHow me what you've got cheesy
incrediblestev:
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by incrediblestev: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
ok so how do we go about that?....my skype id is incrediblestev
DanIndia:
COOL stuff. And you have access to like all the stuffs available on INE ? If you're free now, let's do a run through on SKYPE. SHow me what you've got cheesy
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
Adding you UP
incrediblestev:
ok so how do we go about that?....my skype id is incrediblestev
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by incrediblestev: 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Why will anyone waste their time trying to do CCNP Switching on PT when GNS3 now does switching using IOU images with everything availble....I can help you set it up if you are having issues with it
DanIndia:
SWITCH CP on PT, really ? There are so many options you won't find on PT. Most especially V....LAN related.
GNS3 1.3.7 does full time switching, all you need to do use IOU L2 switches, this was Cisco's in-house testing Lab ios that runs on Solaris I think.... That is what i use for L2 switching and it supports everything, etherchannel, ports security, STP, Vlans and all
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:
SWITCH CP on PT, really ? There are so many options you won't find on PT. Most especially VLAN related.

Really? Give an example of VLAN related work you will not find on PT...(Keep in mind I'm referring to PT 6.2).
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
6.2 - I am not sure. Last time I checked, I had difficulties making some configurations.
Fulaman198:

Really? Give an example of VLAN related work you will not find on PT...(Keep in mind I'm referring to PT 6.2).
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:
6.2 - I am not sure. Last time I checked, I had difficulties making some configurations.

Anything you would like me to check and demonstrate for you?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 2:05am On Sep 18, 2015
I don't think so, boss. I am not sure if there is anything you'd like to share though. If there is, shoot. smiley
Fulaman198:

Anything you would like me to check and demonstrate for you?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2015
Have you heard of this competition?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=885200134892259&id=879596015452671
Like the page too yo stay updated
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hi guys,

I have he latest Gns3 but I can't console into my L2 switches, is there a way around it??

Thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
incrediblestev:
Why will anyone waste their time trying to do CCNP Switching on PT when GNS3 now does switching using IOU images with everything availble....I can help you set it up if you are having issues with it GNS3 1.3.7 does full time switching, all you need to do use IOU L2 switches, this was Cisco's in-house testing Lab ios that runs on Solaris I think.... That is what i use for L2 switching and it supports everything, etherchannel, ports security, STP, Vlans and all

Nice one bro.. Pls could you share how you went about it. Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

True PT for switching is way better if you using version 6.2.

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
aylive123:
Hi guys,

I have he latest Gns3 but I can't console into my L2 switches, is there a way around it??

Thanks.

Aylive I got your mail chat me up WhatsApp 08033288846

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (57) (Reply)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.