Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria (46093 Views)

I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard / New Price List Of Toyota Cars In Nigeria ( Caution: Better Sit Before You Read) / Buy These Two Toyota Cars For N2.3million Am Relocating To Usa.. Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by eaglechild: 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
standupguy:

Nissan I learnt used to be much more reliable than Toyota but at some point Toyota overtook them.
Personally I hate there designs.
Nissan when it comes to design is one of the biggest risk takers and it is paying of lately.

They are now selling more cars in the US than Honda.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Sunbellar: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
If you still doubt whether Toyota is the best, try Toyota Venza and Toyota Highlander. You will testify that the Lord is good.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by standupguy(m): 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
eaglechild:

Nissan when it comes to design is one of the biggest risk takers and it is paying of lately.

They are now selling more cars in the US than Honda.

Honda makes the most useless vehicles known to man.
perfect example of beauty without brain.
Jinlang okada suppose sell pass am self.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by donbenie(m): 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
chiebube:
OP, i hate to disagree with you though i currently own a Toyota.
We dont have much of ASE qualified mechanics and technicians. Most of our mechanics are not up to date with current trends in automobile industry. To avoid stress with cost of maintaining a car, most Nigerian car owners have Toyota as their only choice.
Funny,you disagreed with the OP,but ended supporting his assertions..
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
standupguy:
Toyota... I repeat Toyota!!!!! It's the most reliable car in the world. Fact.
I will never at any point in my life not own have a Toyota vehicle.
I call that 1998 Camry tinylight "Toyota Mistake".
Toyota mistakenly forgot to put any defect in that car.
that vehicle is perfect...!!!!!!

As a carlover I wish to experiment with other brands at some point but Toyota must remain my everyday car and it is none negotiable.
Ford is doing something good with their new ecboost engine which produces the torque of a V6 engine at the gas efficiency of an I4.

for those talking about German cars, I hate to burst your bubbles but reliability is not same as durability.
a durable car might not be reliable.

Hoping to graduate from Toyota to Lexus though.

Just checked d difference between Toyota & Mercedes benz.

What do you have to say?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by ojsmscom(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
ogawisdom:
Op u forgot d main reasons
11. Our mechanics even d most useless of them can handle toyota faults n toyota brands can withstand abuse by our technicians n even gross neglect by d owner. Toyota dnt insist on factory specs n recommendations to run, infact they gladly accept wat we ve in naija n still run well grin engine oil, atf etc

12. Their second hand value is incredible infact toyota is made to last forever.

13. Toyota makes d most durable automatic transmission system in d automobile industry so if u r a fan of auto gear toyota is for u.
Buy anytin badged toyota n u won't go wrong.

14. Toyota was made with nigeria in mind tongue

DATS THE FACT
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
please how reliable is 2004-6 Pontiac Vibe in Nigeria considering our roads? it's a product of both GM & Toyota
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by jdbrasco(m): 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
voltron:
Bruv.. at the rate $USD is fcu#4ing up the Naira. a 1998 Toyota Camry will be bought/cleared for N5,000,000 by the end of this year. . $3,000 is more than half-a-million at N219-$1
Does it mean dis naira depreciation might actually help indigenous firms like car manufacturers? Cos sm times I wonder y the Japanese yen is not at per to d dollar
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by nativedoctor(m): 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
gememerald:
Has toyota got any off-the-road like my dream vehicle #Jeep Wrangler Hardcore edition ?
Landcruiser is very good off road. The f series with solid front axle is still being assembled in south america and will match any wrangler off road.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by coalcoal1(m): 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
standupguy:

I disagree with you on this one. there are certain flaws that are prevalent with this model. two of the obvious are the shock absorbers and poor headlights which you notice over time. apart from these, the car is good in other aspects
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by gememerald(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
nativedoctor:

Landcruiser is very good off road. The f series with solid front axle is still being assembled in south america and will match any wrangler off road.

Jeep Wrangler is the No. 1 off the road vehicle for now...nothing can match it...you're talking about front axle, what about clearance...please just try and look out for jeep wrangler hardcore edition, you should like it.

When did toyota start producing off the road.

Have you heard of jeep wrangler rubicon?
Heard of pilot? Unlimited? Hmm... Go and make your findings very well.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
i recently started hearing grinding noise recently from the front left tire side everytime i match the brake
i got home and removed the tire and i compared the brake disk to the one at the rear and it is obvious there are marks on the frontal

so i stuck my head in the tire compartment to look at what was grinding but it looked like it is beyond me.
so i googled it, it led me to a sienna forum where they explained what is may be the cause and what to do

So i headed straight to Ladipo, got the brake pad and a new disk
when i got to ladipo, i just asked them for it like a pro and trust, i got a good disk and a thick pad
i also bought a 14mm and 16mm socket to loosen things up

I successfully replaced the pads in less than 5 mins, for both sides cos chances are, the other one is close to wearing out too

I really dont know if the ease of fixing is unique to toyotas but it was just plain easy.
I also got to know how brakes actually work and those silly nollywood directors who direct scenes where someone dies because one bad guy removed the brake pad should better ask for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by eluquenson(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
Toyota still the best for Nigeria road users & it's rugged. I use tiny light and let's leave sentiment, I can't stop loving my baby.
They are made for Nigeria economy, most official cars and jeeps are Toyota for majority of the companies in this country.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by lezz(m): 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
abatically:

Can a car dealer sell a car below his cost price? Go online see how much a tiny light costs, add shipping, clearing and interest. It is more than people overyhyping it bro, yes the car is bland, boring and soulless, but it is not cheap even in the US where most of them are imported from.
Camry tiny light is cheaper than Camry orobo from factory. Everyone knows Nigeria sells tokumbo cars for almost the price of new!!!
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by sonnie10: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
coalcoal1:

I disagree with you on this one. there are certain flaws that are prevalent with this model. two of the obvious are the shock absorbers and poor headlights which you notice over time. apart from these, the car is good in other aspects

Majority of the tinylight camrys shipped to Nigeria had their headlights and most times shock absorbers replaced with cheap after market parts. That is why they do not last long. The original Toyota OEM headlights and shocks are flawless.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by lezz(m): 11:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
standupguy:
Toyota... I repeat Toyota!!!!! It's the most reliable car in the world. Fact.
I will never at any point in my life not own have a Toyota vehicle.

As a carlover I wish to experiment with other brands at some point but Toyota must remain my everyday car and it is none negotiable.
Ford is doing something good with their new ecboost engine which produces the torque of a V6 engine at the gas efficiency of an I4.

for those talking about German cars, I hate to burst your bubbles but reliability is not same as durability.
a durable car might not be reliable.

Hoping to graduate from Toyota to Lexus though.

you don't compare a calculator to a computer.

Computers perform more and they are more complex and sophisticated so things have to go wrong sometimes.

Toyota =calculator
Mercedes =computer
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by lezz(m): 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
abatically:

If cars were mobile phones, this is what they would look like.

PEUGEOT =BLACKBERRY: They made some good cars in the past, were on top and then relaxed and now they are on the decline. They struggle to get a good market share and only die hard fans buy them. Now they are doing everything to try to catch up just like blackberry released the passport to challenge the competition.

TOYOTA= SAMSUNG: Started as underdogs before moving to the top. Biggest automaker in the world just like samsung. They have cars for everyone from the very small Toyota yaris to big Landruizer and full size trucks like Tundra. They even have a supercar in Lexus LFA. Typical Samsung releasing hundreds of phones in a year. Lots of recalls recently and they are back to the drawing board to correct their faults before the Koreans (Hyundai and KIA) take over. Same way Samsung is trying to redesign the galaxy s6 because the s5 was a flop.

HONDA= HTC: They pay more attention to details than Toyota. They also have lots of models but not like Toyota, same way HTC has fewer models than Samsung but their products are more premium. They try to emulate the Germans in speed and handling.

MERCEDES BENZ/BMW= IPHONE: one word, premium premium premium. They don't make cars for everyone, they make cars for the rich and those that appreciate luxury abs performance. Their products are quite pricey and normally owned by the rich.

CHINESE CARS (SSANYONG, FOTON, GEELY, ETC)= TECNO: Those Chinese cars come in different shapes and sizes and are very cheap.

You all are free to add yours.
you're a genius!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by lezz(m): 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sunbellar:
If you still doubt whether Toyota is the best, try Toyota Venza and Toyota Highlander. You will testify that the Lord is good.
lol, bro, of all the cars in the world Toyota isn't even amongst top 15.market sales they are no. 1

But Market sales volume isn't a reflection of quality.

In driving experience,
Road feel,
Handling
luxury,
Safety,
Speed, braking
And comfort, Toyota is still a learner.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by standupguy(m): 12:05am On Feb 28, 2015
drlawizle:

Just checked d difference between Toyota & Mercedes benz.

What do you have to say?

For instance, Shock absorber, The shock absorber on a benz would definitely last longer than that on a toyota.
This is durability which can also be justified by the difference in prize.

An example of reliability is me being able to drive my Toyota Camry from Lekki to Surulere by 1:00am without fan belt(Cut).
Reliability is being able to drive from Ajah to Isolo after losing the functionality of a radiator fan.
Reliability is when your valves remain intact after loosing a timing belt.
Reliability is when i can pass through murky waters that affect mini Suvs peacefully without fear of my car stopping half way.
That my brother is reliability you can't try those on a benz or any european car.
Buy a reliable car today, BUY TOYOTA.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by standupguy(m): 12:09am On Feb 28, 2015
coalcoal1:

Right on Both Counts.
Can't blame them on the shock absorber, they probably didnt have our death trap in mind while make there vehicles,
The headlight was the major upgrade in the 2000-2001 model.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by standupguy(m): 12:17am On Feb 28, 2015
lezz:
you don't compare a calculator to a computer.

Computers perform more and they are more complex and sophisticated so things have to go wrong sometimes.

Toyota =calculator
Mercedes =computer

Ogbeni Na reliability we dey talk about ni.
And you just indicted yourself, complexity leads to unreliability...Fact.
Almost all luxury car brands are highly unreliable Mercedes included with there S-Class leading the pack.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by lezz(m): 12:21am On Feb 28, 2015
standupguy:

Ogbeni Na reliability we dey talk about ni.
And you just indicted yourself, complexity leads to unreliability...Fact.
Almost all luxury car brands are highly unreliable Mercedes included with there S-Class leading the pack.
wrong, S class are the most reliable in the Mercedes brand, it's a president's car.

In all the developed first world countries , no car lover buys a japanes car......FACT.

TOYOATA is cheap, soulless, and for the average

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by standupguy(m): 12:22am On Feb 28, 2015
lezz:
lol, bro, of all the cars in the world Toyota isn't even amongst top 15.market sales they are no. 1

But Market sales volume isn't a reflection of quality.

In driving experience,
Road feel,
Handling
luxury,
Safety,
Speed, braking
And comfort, Toyota is still a learner.

Oga mi keeping your eyes on topic.

Reasons why Toyota Dominate the nigerian car market and the world.
Anwser: They are highly reliable..

When we want to compare other things Toyota go sit down for bench.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 12:23am On Feb 28, 2015
Yes, Toyota cars is very durable and they have good second value in case you want to re-sell it.
Bought 4runner (1998) model at Cotonou for about N1.5 million, used it for 3 years and still sold it for N750k.
Again, bought the 2008 model around N3.8 million, used it for a year and few months and still sold it for N2.5 million. Sold them the same day I put it for sale!.

For other cars like ford, Mitsubishi I sold second hand, nothing came out of it.
If you want to buy a car buy Toyota, you wouldn't regret it.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by lezz(m): 12:25am On Feb 28, 2015
standupguy:

Oga mi keeping your eyes on topic.

Reasons why Toyota Dominate the nigerian car market and the world.
Anwser: They are highly reliable..

When we want to compare other things Toyota go sit down for bench.
ok, sorry if I detailed
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by standupguy(m): 12:28am On Feb 28, 2015
lezz:
wrong, S class are the most reliable in the Mercedes brand, it's a president's car.

In all the developed first world countries , no car lover buys a japanes car......FACT.

TOYOATA is cheap, soulless, and for the average

You are really deviating from our decision here brother..
I will take a Honda design over a Toyota any day, but i hate Honda with all life.
Brother take if from me 1999-2006 S-Class was highly Problematic, Highly!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am talking from experience.
if we are talking about Luxury, drive experience, acceleration, then toyota no dey there now.
Toyota's luxury edition Lexus don't compete with world leading luxury cars not to talk of toyota.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by lezz(m): 12:43am On Feb 28, 2015
standupguy:

You are really deviating from our decision here brother..
I will take a Honda design over a Toyota any day, but i hate Honda with all life.
Brother take if from me 1999-2006 S-Class was highly Problematic, Highly!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am talking from experience.
if we are talking about Luxury, drive experience, acceleration, then toyota no dey there now.
Toyota's luxury edition Lexus don't compete with world leading luxury cars not to talk of toyota.
ok, my bad.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Blackkie: 1:01am On Feb 28, 2015
Toyota model can use same parts.
Eg Camry, Highlander and Sienna uses the same engine.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 28, 2015
lomomike:

That guy just based all his findings on f-I50 trucks. I bet he didn't know Toyota is the biggest car maker and the highest sold of automobile brand on Earth followed by GM.

I am not concerned bout the biggest auto maker in the world. I was only talking about a point raised by someone on why Toyotas dominated the Nigerian market because it's the most popular automobile in the US instead of laws of demand and supply..don't just jump into an argument mid way if you are not sure about what is being discussed... get it.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 28, 2015
tivta:
. Toyota is the world's number one car brand and highest seller. Google it before you mislead people.
How does this relate to the Pont's raised by that poster. chai. English comprehension is rocket science to some people.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by maxwell530(m): 1:22am On Feb 28, 2015
Pls can anyone name another vehicle that are stronger on naija roads than this two toyota products....4runner and hilux.even big construction companies around me here always use this two products from toyota.
Re: Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria by maxwell530(m): 1:31am On Feb 28, 2015
saxywale:

I am not concerned bout the biggest auto maker in the world. I was only talking about a point raised by someone on why Toyotas dominated the Nigerian market because it's the most popular automobile in the US instead of laws of demand and supply..don't just jump into an argument mid way if you are not sure about what is being discussed... get it.
the reason why me and my family always demand for toyota is not that its popular in US but because its the best car to ride on naija roads,toyota suit with nigeria economy,and besides who told you toyota is the most popular vehicle in US??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Enugu/onitsha Expressway,one Dead,others Injured(Photos) / Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / See The Cars Produced By A Man In Imo State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.