Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members (560 Views)

See The Heavy Curse Oyedepo Layed On Sponsors Of Bokoharam In Southern Kaduna / Examining Quran 9:29 – Islam Sanction The Killing Of Christians & Jews? / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members by tobechi74: 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
1. Did Jesus clearly tell you to kill these people?
In the New Testament, Jesus repeatedly instructs his followers to avoid violence and promote peace

2. Do you believe your enemies are created in the image of God?
Genesis 1:27 (ESV) tells us thatGod created man in [God’s] own image, in the image of God [God] created him; male and female [God] created them.

3. Do you believe your enemies are irredeemable — beyond God’s power and ability to save?
As brutal as are enemies are, with God all things are possible — even miraculous changes. If we take up the sword against our foes, what if we’re preventing someone from becoming the next Paul — who was once Saul — the man who once feverishly persecuted Christians (Acts 9)?

4. Do you believe Godcan’tachieve justice?
Even though Jesus continually warns against judging others — we often use any excuse to exact revenge and inflict pain onto our enemies.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members by vjsmiles: 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
THE BLOOD OF LIVE LOST SEEK VENGEANCE BRO
Re: I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Op, when I read your post, I had mixed feelings of amazement and anger

I was amazed that a Nigerian was actually writing this and I was angry at the fact that you are misunderstanding what the bible says and you are trying to use it to justify your ludicrous opinion.

First of all, what is boko haram. They are a group of terrorists who have been brainwashed to the extent that they don't value human life. They have succeeded in slaughtering thousands of human beings like you and I for no just cause.
They have brought pain and agony to many families, creating widows, widowers and orphans.
They have made many homeless and jobless

They have put this country in a state of turmoil and fear.
They have also destroyed many churches killing many christians in the process

And op, you are saying that they should not be killed. You must really be joking and I just sincerely which that you are.

Since you are quoting scriptural references, let me also give one
Romans 13:1-7 clearly states that we should be submissive to the government and its laws
So I throw this question to you.
What does the constitution of Nigeria say about terrorism, what does it say about mass killing. Does it support that murderers should be set free and forgiven. Does it recommend that you forgive terrorists.

In the book of 1samuel chapter 15, God ordered saul to kill every Amalekite, both men,women, children and beast, reason being he wanted to avenge what the people of amalek did the children of Israel 100 years ago where the people of israel were murdered ruthlessly.

Here is your God avenging murder of his people by punishing people that had nothing to do with it.
By the way don't give me the crap about this illustration being in the old testament because as far as I am concerned, its the same God and he never changes so I don't think his method of justice has in anyway changed.

Finally, op, how else do you want these boko-haram members to be defeated if not by killing them.
Its either they are killed or they continue their preposterous killings
Every crime deserves punishment and this terrorists were duly punished

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
Even Jesus is happy that Nigerian army are taking over.

Jesus flogged the rogues in the synagogue
Re: I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members by Rich4god(m): 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
If you go north east hear the story of survivors and see the destruction these guys have caused. You go dey vex with the army say why dem dey use gun kill them.... Cos they suppose find s more severe way of killing them. Dying by the bullet is note like a mercy death.
Re: I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Seeking peace sometimes require you to flush out the bad eggs. There is an end to the wickedness of the wicked. That end will not come when they are still around wrecking havoc. It'll be wrong for you to say that killing them is wrong. Look carefully through the Bible. Sometimes, mercy on God's side means justice. God doesn't want terrorism. He's totally against it. Especially when the terrorists are out against the Church.
Re: I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members by richol(m): 8:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
dont wait till ure a victim....govt has the legal backing to kill,they are constituted authority....as such they can use the power vested on them to kill evil perpetrators
Re: I Dont Support Killing Of Bokoharam Members by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2015

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

100 Lessons From The Glorious Qur'an / Girls/ladies/women Wearing Trousers: Sin Or Not? / Jesus The Rock, Why You Need Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.