Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Fashola On Live On AIT Now - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola On Live On AIT Now (16929 Views)

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / BREAKING News:watch Ait Now,documentary Of Buhari's Demonic Regime Is On. / Watch Ait Now!!! Massive Crowd At PDP Kano State Governorship Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by biafranqueen: 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
anytexy:
He thinks he is wise. He is now refunding LASU student the money he stole from them. They can't deceive me. CHANgE will stat from Lagos for sure.
N209 million shocked imagine other schemes we don't even know yet undecided
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by clemzy05: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
Collynzo419:

One day, just one day, You will make sense. I have hope in you still.

Thanks mate, but some people come on social networks, and bloggers to ridicule themselves sha.... Just try soliloquies what you wrote... And how it sounds to your own hearing... I guess you look much more amazed now... Slowpoke angry
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
Fashola could have added more punch to his presentation if he had suppressed his fury.

The numbers were not disappointing, but his attitude was a turnoff.
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by richidinho(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Govt that is working don't need to do advert on TV, the projects speak for itself- prof. Osibanjo

4 Likes

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by rusher14: 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
I see some people don't understand the magnificent speech Fashola just made.

I believe they would understand the Yam and goat concept better.

Anyhow, there's been tremendous progress in Lagos under the governorship of Fashola and that is not debatable.

For those who wish to take Lagos back to the slum it once was, I say you have a fight on your hands.

And no matter the number of visits of your number one in the dying days of his tenure makes...It's going to be another bout of Lagos doing what Lagos does best....

Win when it matters most whilst resisting any charlatan with greek gifts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
praxisnetworks:
Conclusion:

Will you vote for PDP?

In their desperation, they removed the banners of Glo and Huawei, businesses that have paid for adverts, therefore causing income losses to the Local Governments who have the constitutional responsibility for advertising, which is carried out through LASAA for uniformity.

What they are telling you is simple, the Constitution is not as important as a vote for the President or a vote for PDP, yet they violate businesses and claim that they want to create jobs.

This is the same way they cancelled the 35350 short code platform we set up to raise funds for the campaign of our party through the NCC, yet they claim they love the youth.

The 5400 transactions, mainly by the youths, who contributed N100 each using the text message platform and the many more who have been denied the use of the platform now know what their definition of love is.

It means that the youth have no right to freely choose or express themselves.

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, whenever I thought I have seen the worst of this party and their government they just surprise me.

It requires only common sense to realize that when elections are coming up, it is not unusual for investors to be wary about our commitments. Sometimes they often wait until after the results of election are known to make new commitments.

Yet the umbrella party and its government does not seem to understand the danger to investment, commerce and the economy, when it begins to fly a kite about postponing the election because defeat is imminent and change is on the way.

But let me go back to development and continue my report by also telling you that sports and youth development were impacted by our budget, because our work does not stop even in the height of electioneering.

Our annual Governor’s Tennis Cup held in spite of Ebola, because we showed that we will not change our lifestyle because of a virus. And we also held the annual Governor’s Boxing Championship in December, the 6th consecutive edition since its inauguration in 2009.

We completed the Oba Ogunji Transfer Loading Station in Agege to increase our waste management, waste sorting and recycling capacity.

On December 1. 2014, we handed over 32 new fire trucks to increase our fire fighters’ capacity to fight fire and protect lives and property.

We formally opened the Igando Resettlement Centre, to complement the one in Agbowa, as a place of refuge for people who are displaced by disasters.

On December 9, 2014, we unveiled the final version of the Lagos State Residents Registration Card that will be issued to all Lagosians and help plan service delivery better.

On January 6, 2015, we opened the new Epe High Court, dedicated in honour of Late Justice Ligali Ayorinde, a former Chief Judge, and I am pleased to inform you that the new court house for Ikeja and Badagry have also been completed.

These will give a lot of relief to litigants and citizens who need to use the court services especially in Epe and Badagry who will now not need to travel long distances.

These new court houses also mean new jobs in the formal and informal sectors. Court staff, security men, cleaners and maintenance staff and so much more that will be needed to support the smooth running of the court system.

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, there is a lot more that happened in terms of projects, but I will not take any more time about them.

We are more than a Government of projects, there were also life defining policies and legislations.

On December 1, 2014, I signed an Executive Order establishing a Sex Offenders Register and making the reporting of sexual offences a compulsory matter in Lagos.

This is aimed at deterring sex offenders who now know that we will keep a record of their action and it is hoped that this will protect victims of sexual offences who are mainly women.

On the same day, I signed the bill establishing the Lagos State Infrastructure Asset Management Agency into law.

For many years we have decried the lack of a maintenance culture in our society without taking concrete action to address it.

For our party and our Government, a lack of maintenance was not a problem. It was a huge opportunity to create jobs, take young people out of unemployment and invest them with the power to say every morning – I am going to work.

That Agency has been working as an office, while waiting for the law, it has undertaken an audit of all government assets, hospitals, schools, court buildings, the offices and others, and it has designed a template for costing maintenance all of which is now incorporated into the 2015 budget.

This is one of the reasons why our budget now has a higher recurrent ratio of 49% to a capital ratio of 51%.

All our maintenance contracts will be classified under this recurrent, but the good thing is that it is a recurrent expenditure that is healthy. It creates jobs.

This year alone, we will be issuing over 600 contracts, ranging from N2m – N5m for the maintenance of our secondary schools as a start; to small contractors and artisans and businesses.

The graduates of our Technical Colleges have been trained on how to set up their small companies to benefit from this process.

Of course our pensioners also felt the impact of our budget, because on the 30th December 2014, we held our 15th Bond presentation programme and paid out N1.5 Billion to 243 retirees.

This was at a time when the PDP Federal Government could not pay worker’s salaries.

Ladies and gentlemen, as I render account to you today, my tenure has only 121 (One Hundred and Twenty One) days left to run out.

In a few days you will be choosing new leaders at the Presidential, Gubernatorial, National and State Assembly Elections.

Apart from voting for Buhari and Osinbajo, Ambode and Adebule, you will also need to vote for APC legislators in the Senate, House of Representatives and the State House of Assembly who will enact laws

and pass resolutions to assist them to do their work.

At the national level, the wind of change is blowing, please do not be left behind, join it, flow with it and own it.

At the State level please stay away from bold ignorance, stay away from inexperience, stay away from deception, vote for the continuity of what we have worked together to build.

Nothing good has come from the PDP. And if their party leader has said in Lagos that he has failed, do you want to vote for a party led by somebody who has failed?

Go and get your PVC to rescue Nigeria from bad governance and keep Lagos working.

Thank you, God bless you all.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Eko o ni baje o!

Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN

Governor of Lagos State

Yet they scream GEJ is a Democrat

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Ayietim(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
All Nigerians should be lovers of Nigeria, no politics, no bitterness, just one love. Let the strong carry the weak and let the youths know this; Nigeria is theirs to love.
http://ayietim.
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
GEJ is making progress Fashola is here making noise and all his boisterous attitude. Are you training kids to only compete locally? Vision less man, which of the primary school has been upgraded to deserved standard for an acclaimed megacity? Lagos doesn't even have water running in occupants home? Complete failure.

GEJ2015

1 Like

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by clemzy05: 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
temitemi1:
Fashola on fire shocked shocked shocked. Fire fighters should pls get to AIT before the man burn finish ooooo cheesy grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!
I wish say you fit soliloquies wetin you write make you see how you get sense. Slowpoke!!! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by mayor360(m): 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
some pple r so daft they don't read before making stupid comment, that was a glorious write up with fact and figures, this is an action governor, all his achievement r there to see, and there has been no sentiments, all the programs r for anyone based in lag, not just yoruba or lagosians, I'm yet to see any federal government project in lagos since last 16 years

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by skyfall: 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
This man is thorough. God bless you, my governor.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by nijanigga: 11:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
this is where Nigeria heading to under gej. IMF.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-31652406
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by HighQue007: 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
Now, This is a leader...Gov Fash, My role model.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by upcrown2512(m): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
ONCE UPON A TIME !

THIS IS FACT AND THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ETHNOCENTRIC, RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY, POLITICAL JOBBERS KNEW THAT THE CORE PEOPLE IN APC ARE TECHNOCRAT.

THOSE WHO WANT TO TURN LAGOS TO WHAT IT USE TO BE 16 YEARS AGO (I MEAN SLUM ) ARE SURELY TRYING HARD.

BUT THE BONDS THAT HOLD THE SINCERE SPIRIT OF YORUBA WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY. SURELY THEY SHALL GATHER AGAINST THE GOOD PEOPLE OF SOUTHWEST BUT IT SHALL AMOUNT TO NOUGHT.

THE EKO ATLANTIC IS ANOTHER MILESTONE THAT WAS INITIATED BY THIS TECHNOCRATS.
IT'S THE LORD'S DOING.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by bigwallace(m): 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
Good one form oga fash,dis is a working governor,if he is a puppet like pdp claims nd he has done wonderfully well,den I will stil love to vote for a puppet like him.vote ambode!no to jk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by datribune: 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Lagos is working. Fashola is working. Ambode 4 lagos. Ambode 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by igbsam(m): 11:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
Today, I took the time out to interview grassroot electorate on the candidate of their choice whom they will vote for. 80% are gunning for APC while 20% are aiming for pdp with no tangible reasons except sentimental and tribal reasons.

I don't understand the so much noise here on NL by PDP supporters. It's better to take it to the street instead of here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Sodiumdawg: 11:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
biafranqueen:
N209 million shocked imagine other schemes we don't even know yet undecided

DAS GOOD!

BUT, COME O!

DEM DON LEFUND DE N1K WEY DEM DEM CORRECT FROM UNA WEY SURVIVE IMMIGLATION MASSAKA?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
GeneralBosco:

Organisations have started sacking staff due to the dwindling economy...your brother might be sacked soon while you fool around here screaming "GEJ Till 1999"

do you really think these gej till 2019 riff raff are the employable kind?

this is the best and last shot at employment they will ever see.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by steppin: 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
igbsam:
Today, I took the time out to interview grassroot electorate on the candidate of their choice whom they will vote for. 80% are gunning for APC while 20% are aiming for pdp with no tangible reasons except sentimental and tribal reasons.

I don't understand the so much noise here on NL by PDP supporters. It's better to take it to the street instead of here.
I guess you interviewed everyone in lagos and got their answer. Silly jaanjaweed fans spilling crap!
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Jowonloju(m): 12:00am On Feb 28, 2015
Gov Raji Fashola. May God continue to honor you. You are the reason why we believe in Opposition Party, even the Times Magazine Recognized you as one of the 100 people in the world that think Differently. You remain a Blessing to us in Lagos and Nigeria. When you talk the youths listen because they know you don't just open your mouth without facts to back it up. I so much adore you, and i hope in the future you can lead us as a nation either as Nigeria if PDP does not truncate this process or the Western Region. Do not worry yourself, Buhari will win and Ambode will win. Your performance as an APC point man can not be compare with all those PDP jesters. Lagos Own APC. Bother your self about other state not Lagos.
Say Buhari
Say Ambode

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Sogeyjnr(m): 12:03am On Feb 28, 2015
Ppl shoutin gej til 2019,,I pity ur condition...mayb bcus u guys are nt in d north,,u dnt knw wat dey are facin ova dia..nd u kip shoutin gej til 2019,,am nt a supporter of buhari but let's face d fact,,wat has our presido done,security-0.job opportunity -0,d guy is jst usin idea up dia,,he dosnt knw hw 2 do dis..nd we nid dat change,,dat litu pint of change,,for all I care,,u may not vote 4 buhari bt bt no jona again,,d guy don spoil dis country wel..we don taya..til 2019 again??..arnt u guys nt evn lukin at d fact hia,,mayb wen he win again den boko haram wl leave sambisa nd muv uptown,,shebi na chibok gals den carry,,nw dey wud muv street by street with big truck or black maria 2 pack ppl away frm d street,,we dnt want dat,,,change is constant..nd we nid it nw,,,vote anybody,,nt jst jonathan,,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by femmy2010(m): 12:24am On Feb 28, 2015
I love my Governor.

1 Like

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by dunkem21(m): 12:42am On Feb 28, 2015
What did he say
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by listlic: 1:10am On Feb 28, 2015
Fashola in his convoy one day was held in traffic, the lastma who was controlling traffic knew but didn't care. One of Fashola's security came out of the car, walked to the lastma officer and said don't you know that is the Gov. The Lastma said, he is controlling traffic, and the Gov has to wait. When it got to Fashola's turn, his car stopped and he gave a card to the officer. The man presently is in charge of Oshodi, Ikeja and some other local government areas in Lagos.

There was a project which happened at Abule egba. Some guys were playing soccer, one of the boys saw Fashola checking the the outcome of the project and walked up to him. He acted like an area boy and said Baba, sort something for the guys. Baba gave him cash, and he said Sir, I don't need cash. I am a graduate and I do not have a job, I graduated with a 3rd class and I need a job. If you give me money, it won't help me. Fashola gave his card to him, and asked him to meet him at Alausa. That boy went to Alausa at 6, met Fashola at 10 and today he is happy working with LIRS.

There a particular boy who I met in church. He was loyal, humble, and very kind. He worked with the Lagos State Govt, but because his role was one which could give a lot of people access to do so many things, and cause a lot of harm, he did the right thing. In our country, people will hate you for doing the right thing. But then this same guy would go to church and ask God to help him. And pray that he wouldn't be hurt by his enemies. He decided to do something for the church, he promised he would clean the seat of the chairs before the programme, despite this was the ushers job or some workers job. But he decided to do it. The head pastor wanted to know why he did it and was concerned. He told him he wanted to leave that job, and he would have loved to study abroad for his masters. The head pastor who knows Fashola (A MUSLIM) sent him an e-mail, and this boy was granted a scholarship.

Listen, I don't know what Goodluck has done, nor what Buhari has done, but I know the few things Fashola has done. In my era, I believe in doing good, I believe when you do good, it comes back to you, no matter what. I believe in doing the right thing and for me, I will vote Sai Buhari.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by shaqhead: 1:35am On Feb 28, 2015
Collynzo419:

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by whitecat2: 1:35am On Feb 28, 2015
grin As in he's inside the television box or in AIT studio

Some of you need to get out for fresh air once in a while. The AIT sourced for the coverage or video probably through a third party since they are biased, and not Fashola going to them.
richidinho:

They boycotted debate on grounds that AIT is owned by a PDP chieftain

He is here on AIT reading Tinubu written script
(JARGONS)

Lie lie party

Jona na u bikoooooo

1 Like

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by shaqhead: 1:36am On Feb 28, 2015
Collynzo419:

Papilo...one day that Robot wl get an OS CHANGE...

1 Like

Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by rusher14: 1:50am On Feb 28, 2015
Sodiumdawg:

DAS GOOD!

BUT, COME O!

DEM DON LEFUND DE N1K WEY DEM DEM CORRECT FROM UNA WEY SURVIVE IMMIGLATION MASSAKA?
Now that got me cracking.

grin
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by Chigorkizz(m): 1:54am On Feb 28, 2015
richidinho:

Govt that is working don't need to do advert on TV, the projects speak for itself- prof. Osibanjo
But why is Fashola advertising on AIT?
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by bumtos(m): 2:00am On Feb 28, 2015
GeneralBosco:

Organisations have started sacking staff due to the dwindling economy...your brother might be sacked soon while you fool around here screaming "GEJ Till 1999"

cheesy I can see that you and your party APC don't know what you are saying again. We are in 2015 you are saying 1999 shocked your Yekinni can not change our minds this time. tongue JK we know. JK we trust. GEJ till 2019.
Re: Fashola On Live On AIT Now by kaypound(m): 2:11am On Feb 28, 2015
Get your facts right ejigbo is federal govt road and it is supoose to be the social responsibility of the nnpc depot there to fix it from oke afa down to ikotun round about but instead they only fixed the road that their trailers park along the depot. Synagoue church in ikotun atimes tries to fill the port holes along ikotun road but it is federal road and the nnpc have refused to allow the state govt fix that road
warrior01:
The book of Lamentations by fashola. The chicken has come home to roast and he is scared that agbaje is coming to the rescue. Stewpid erand boy. For 16 years now, simple ejigbo road una no fit do. See pot calling kettle black. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note / Ayade Quit As Cross River Governor, His Deputy Take Over / Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila Visits Zamfara Over Insecurity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.