Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont (22574 Views)

Do Your Mini-importation Business The Big Boys Way! / Dairo Damilola Opeyemi Redefining Auto-parts Business In Nigeria / Best Way To Start Auto Parts Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by BloomLee: 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
anyone interested in cylinder liner,piston,piston rings,piston plug?those fours I mean in cars and generators .those have more benefit room than filters.
there are really big factory I know well produce those as best in fields in China,all are listed company.most their products export to America and Europe. they also want to develop their market in Africa.
so if interested,please send me a email.we can talk more.
bloomlee219@foxmail.com
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
@bloomlee why dont you say what you know that will teach interested wanna do auto parts biz before making this thread for advert.

That's the reason for this thread,giving
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sonnie10: 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
Talking about the used parts business "mgbuka" from overseas, I just have some concerns and questions because I like working with figures.

Assuming you get a car at auction for $500 say a 1999 camry, lets do the maths.

Cost of vehicle.............................................................$500
auction fee..................................................................$200
Towing from auction.....................................................$150
Payment to dismantler.................................................$350 ( to break down a vehicle into spare parts.you may also ship whole car but you will pay more shipping and clearing )
Shipping in a consolidated container .............................$500
Clearing the parts.........................................................$500
Other misc expenses in Lagos.......................................$100

Total............................................................................$2300 (@210 = #483000 naira)

Now, selling the parts in naira;

Engine.......................................................50k
Transmission.............................................30k
front and back bumper................................20k
All four shock.............................................10k
Radiator.....................................................7k
Alternator...................................................3k
kick Starter.................................................3k
Two air bags...............................................20k
Four tires and wheel..........@4keach............16k
Front and back brake system.......................10k
Condensers..................................................6k
Evaporator...................................................6k
Front and back wind shield..........8k eack.....16k
Four complete doors................10keach........40k
bonnet front................................................8k
boot cover.................................................8k
fuse box.....................................................5k
exhaust system;........................................12k
dash board and glove compartment...........20k
head light..................................................7k
back light..................................................8k
pointers....................................................3k
fenders............@6k each..........................12k
front grill...................................................5k
car radio/cD..............................................6k
brain box.................................................20k
ignition system........................................10k
Front arms ..........@5k eack.....................10k
Two back quater panels .........................10k
floor mat..................................................4k
seats ......................................................10k
Steering system......................................15k
Fuel tank.................................................10k
Battery....................................................4k
hose and pipes.......................................10k
Wires......................................................10k
others....................................................20k

TOTAL.............................#464000

Therefore; Amount put into business......#483000
Amount after sales................................#464000

profit/loss..........................................-#19,000 (loss)

Questions, comments, concerns and observations are welcomed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 7:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
@ sonnie very nice writes..

But as a business person you dont bargain for outright loss,thats the important reason feasibility study is very necessary in negotiating when buying accidented cars.

Having a break down of what the price in market looks like will guide while buying.

So instead of accepting such deal you look for a more lucrative offer.

1 Like

Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sonnie10: 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
sthugo:
@ sonnie very nice writes..

But as a business person you dont bargain for outright loss,thats the important reason feasibility study is very necessary in negotiating when buying accidented cars.

Having a break down of what the price in market looks like will guide while buying.

So instead of accepting such deal you look for a more lucrative offer.

Thanks. Could you please advise on specific aspects one could cut cost in the illustration I presented.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by aydj(m): 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
Just observations and questions about your analysis....
1) The cost of buying is high because of the current dollar rate. Are those selling prices current?
2) I'll advice you put some loss tolerance in what parts you will be able to sell as those parts are coming from junk cars, so some of the parts may not be sellable at all or at the normal price.

My thoughts for now!
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sonnie10: 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2015
aydj:
Just observations and questions about your analysis....
1) The cost of buying is high because of the current dollar rate. Are those selling prices current?
2) I'll advice you put some loss tolerance in what parts you will be able to sell as those parts are coming from junk cars, so some of the parts may not be sellable at all or at the normal price.

My thoughts for now!

Your thoughts are absolutely in order. My analysis is on the best case scenario, yet one would be running at a loss. There would definitely be some damaged parts and other losses. Again, it is almost impossible to get a 1999 accident camry for less than $500. I just what to understand how people make profit from the business. Except there are other ways of cutting cost, then let someone who knows throw in more light because I am also here to learn.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
certainly the exchange rate of dollar to naira affects international business.

@ sonnie as I said earlier,but it seems u didnt read between the lines.not all accidented brand of cars are good deal,mind you 1999 camry is a very old brand of car.

Where you get a fair and attractive deal are on mostly modern and expensive cars when they are accidented and up for sale.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by bobkezel(m): 6:49am On Mar 26, 2015
Op, how long does it take to learn this biz, say at ladipo.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2015
@ bob

No specific time,it all depends on how business minded or creative you are.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 9:22am On Mar 26, 2015
Dealing in Autodiagnistic Tools are also good business.This ttools range from Computer diagnostic tools ( Scanners) like Launch X431- Diagun, Master, Infinite, Autel- MaxiDas, 708, 801, 802, AutoBoss , Snap on, e.t.c
Some of this tools are useful tools by Auto Technicians which from time to time, the technicians need to acquire new ones that can be able to work on the Newer Model of Vehicles.
For enquiries or purchase of these tools contact
TUNDE- 08061183339
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sonnie10: 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
sthugo:
certainly the exchange rate of dollar to naira affects international business.

@ sonnie as I said earlier,but it seems u didnt read between the lines.not all accidented brand of cars are good deal,mind you 1999 camry is a very old brand of car.

Where you get a fair and attractive deal are on mostly modern and expensive cars when they are accidented and up for sale.

Thanks but I need more clarification. Say one decides to buy 20ft container load of engines only ( not dismantling of cars) how viable, in terms of profit would it be.
The specific questions are;

1) What type of engines can one buy
2) what country do you buy them (not continent pls)
3) At what price do you buy each (estimate)
4)At what price do you sell each (estimate)
5)How many engine can one load in a 20ft container

State shipping charges and custom duties separately. Thanks
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
@ sonnie a full load of 20ft container stocked with just engines,I haven't done such before,but if you wish to venture into it,I can creat time to make enquiry on that.

Not trying to dissuade you but personally I dont think such is really a fast turn out business.because engines are not replaced that often in vehicles.

Only a platform of getting the engines @ really really low price for imports,I think at such quantity the business is viable.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sonnie10: 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
Please make the enquiry and lets have the detail on the 20ft container engine. Thanks
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2015
sonnie10:
Please make the enquiry and lets have the detail on the 20ft container engine. Thanks

Currently no verified information due to dollar exchange rate. Immediately I am satisfied with some information as regards to your questions,I will prompt you.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2015
Happy good friday all

We thank God for the gift of Jesus christ
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 8:57am On Apr 03, 2015
sonnie10:

Currently no verified information due to dollar exchange rate. Immediately I am satisfied with some information as regards to your questions,I will prompt you.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by ccaramel(f): 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
sthugo:
Happy good friday all

We thank God for the gift of Jesus christ
Hi, I can assist in sourcing auto parts, salvage cars, new and used cars and both oem and aftermarket part from the USA and Canada. I'm a licensed dealer with all the major auctions. I work with a team of shippers, towing, wrecker and clearing agents.

https://starkautosales.com/auctionlist.php?registration=Auction+List
car-part.com
Copart.com
Manheim.com
Adesa.ca
https://www.partsmonkey.com/en-CA/
Partsource.com
Iaai.com
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sonnie10: 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
ccaramel:

Hi, I can assist in sourcing auto parts, salvage cars, new and used cars and both oem and aftermarket part from the USA and Canada. I'm a licensed dealer with all the major auctions. I work with a team of shippers, towing, wrecker and clearing agents.

Copart.com
Manheim.com
Adesa.ca
Partsource.com
Iaai.com

Can you provide information on where to buy full contanier load of used toyota engines. Not dismantling of cars please. Thanks
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by ccaramel(f): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
sonnie10:

Can you provide information on where to buy full contanier load of used toyota engines. Not dismantling of cars please. Thanks
Japan is your best bet if you have a contact there. The engine sellers here in Canada all import from Japan. It's more expensive here. I've only done maximum 3 engines in a container as I load with vehicles. Most people just dismantle wrecked cars to get engines around here.

1 Like

Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sonnie10: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
ccaramel:

Japan is your best bet if you have a contact there. The engine sellers here in Canada all import from Japan. It's more expensive here. I've only done maximum 3 engines in a container as I load with vehicles. Most people just dismantle wrecked cars to get engines around here.

You are the only truthful or knowledgeable person I have seen in this auto parts biz forum. Some people are just saying what they do not know.

1 Like

Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by ccaramel(f): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
sonnie10:

You are the only truthful or knowledgeable person I have seen in this auto parts biz forum. Some people are just saying what they do not know.
Thanks. Been in auto biz for a while and always glad to assist others.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by upengineer: 8:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
How can i get intouch with you if i want to?

ccaramel:

Thanks. Been in auto biz for a while and always glad to assist others.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
ccaramel:

car-part.com
Copart.com
Manheim.com
Adesa.ca
Partsource.com
Iaai.com

Good to know ccaramel.
But you mentioning japan obviously not for all brands exclusively toyota.

@ccaramel do you have anyone with ford dealership contact in USA,as I wish to establish a link with them soon.thanks
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by ccaramel(f): 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
sthugo:

Good to know ccaramel.
But you mentioning japan obviously not for all brands exclusively toyota.

@ccaramel do you have anyone with ford dealership contact in USA,as I wish to establish a link with them soon.thanks

I can help with Canadian and USA Ford dealership. What states are you looking at? I have Adesa and Manheim auction access. Ford cars goes for good prices at the auctions. I drive a Ford Edge grin also importing a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT for a client this month....
Japan is great to export parts for all Japanese brands- Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc...it's cheaper there. I also read a while back that it's illegal to repair cars over there and cars are put off the road once it's 10 yr old or so.....so abundance of parts there.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by ccaramel(f): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
upengineer:
How can i get intouch with you if i want to?

Send me a NL message. I will reply.
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 8:29am On Apr 05, 2015
Bhai
ccaramel:

I can help with Canadian and USA Ford dealership. What states are you looking at? I have Adesa and Manheim auction access. Ford cars goes for good prices at the auctions. I drive a Ford Edge grin also importing a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT for a client this month....
Japan is great to export parts for all Japanese brands- Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc...it's cheaper there. I also read a while back that it's illegal to repair cars over there and cars are put off the road once it's 10 yr old or so.....so abundance of parts there.

Great..
Will message you once all plans are concluded,looking @ texas.though not fully on sales but aftersales.
nice one, ford edge got a fabulous interior,especially the recent models that got touch screen entertainment system with the phone and music sync functions..can yours start the engine using just the remote from outside grin

Once again thanks
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Its still auto biz...what do you know in this lucrative quest means business.

Share it with us,gracias
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by Aromas: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
Pchidexy:

Auto biz is quite lucrative. How do you buy online and which site do think one can buy from?
Bros u don't buy spare parts online, you other it directly from companies who manufacture it. Better still go Toyota limited own by Chief Ade-Ojo of Elizade motors
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sthugo: 11:21am On Apr 24, 2015
Aromas:

Bros u don't buy spare parts online, you other it directly from companies who manufacture it. Better still go Toyota limited own by Chief Ade-Ojo of Elizade motors

If its for re-sell buying from elizade is not a profitable option. Someone can order parts online,I have used motocraft.com its pretty swift.
Gracias
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by corrall(f): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Hi, anyone in the house?

@sthugo, you did not really explain on buying this accidented cars from UAE, Dubai to be precise, do people even buy from there? I am asking because, what if one doesn't have enough money and visa to go to America and Canada, we all know how visa matter fit be, and being a new person in the business, you might be wary of sending all you capital, say 2m to someone over there. Can I do it from Dubai? Do you know the logistics of getting it from Dubai?

If I end up doing it from America, what can that amount get for me? Will it include clearing? How many cars can one buy and dismantle, and finally, how best do you think I can sell it off, seeing that I do not have a shop yet. Does the sale have to be in ladipo?

Sorry for so many questions, I am just trying to get in-depth knowledge into the business.

Thanks in advance
Thanks
Re: Auto Parts Business,the Do's And Dont by sonnie10: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
corrall:
Hi, anyone in the house?

@sthugo, you did not really explain on buying this accidented cars from UAE, Dubai to be precise, do people even buy from there? I am asking because, what if one doesn't have enough money and visa to go to America and Canada, we all know how visa matter fit be, and being a new person in the business, you might be wary of sending all you capital, say 2m to someone over there. Can I do it from Dubai? Do you know the logistics of getting it from Dubai?

If I end up doing it from America, what can that amount get for me? Will it include clearing? How many cars can one buy and dismantle, and finally, how best do you think I can sell it off, seeing that I do not have a shop yet. Does the sale have to be in ladipo?

Sorry for so many questions, I am just trying to get in-depth knowledge into the business.

Thanks in advance
Thanks

Forget about doing used auto part from American especially since your capital is still small (#2M). That amount is not enough for the logistics alone. Please do not send your money to anybody to help buy as dismantling is very regulated. If you are interested, there are other sources of importing used parts that are highly in demand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / How To Open 80% Rated USA Verified Paypal Account Using Nigeria As Nationality / Popular Lagos Balogun Market On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.