Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church (19319 Views)

Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by ramalot(m): 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
smiley
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Please I need advice on what to do, I have decided to change my church from the main family church to a new one mainly because I find peace and rest of mind in this new church unlike the other where you can't comfortably sit because gossipers are every where and they are both bible-believing church but my Dad has threatened to deal with me if I change saying he owns my life and he decides what I do with it and so I can't leave the church but that's where my mind is and I believe I own my life so I decide what I do with it and also have been experiencing unexpected miracle since I joined this church. Please I need your advice on what to do. Thanks
urs is good my dad ban us from going me being the reason of the ban bcus reject every tradition of the elders. I don't argue with him I went to God in prayer let's say a minute prayer and God visited him that night and warn him to let me be and he has let me alone. Your dad can't be as stubborn as mine but the ball is in ur court.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Please I need advice on what to do, I have decided to change my church from the main family church to a new one mainly because I find peace and rest of mind in this new church unlike the other where you can't comfortably sit because gossipers are every where and they are both bible-believing church but my Dad has threatened to deal with me if I change saying he owns my life and he decides what I do with it and so I can't leave the church but that's where my mind is and I believe I own my life so I decide what I do with it and also have been experiencing unexpected miracle since I joined this church. Please I need your advice on what to do. Thanks

Ur father is a religious hardliner. Is very dangerous for you to start another church cos u will not have peace or favor from him.

I HAVE BEEN SAYING IT EVERYDAY, THAT NIGERIANS SHOULD EXPECT CHRISTIAN EXTREMIST GROUP FROM SOUTH EAST OF NIGERIA SOON. watin concern my father concern my church? If i like i go cele.
I started catholic recently.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Louislewis: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
[size=18pt]The Bible say respect your father and mother so that your days may be long.[/size]
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by brize(m): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
Me no come to comment on the topic at hand o, but i get confused whenever i hear people saying, i go to a bible believing church, for my mind am like *REALLY, so we also have quran believing church?* so abeg which one be bible believing church cos i guess all churches derive atleast 85% of their activities from bible...

Oya explanations biko
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by bussy2020(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
How old are you? If you are still a minor, he may not agree but if you aren't , he has no say. Follow your mind.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Themandator: 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
dulux07:
Miracles only comes to individual by faith, or sometimes favor. if ur dad says no, the truth might be harsh., but u must obey ur parents even d bible condemns disobedience.The best u can do is to pray about it, n talk 2 pple who u know r close to him to convince him.

It is to you according to your faith and faith comes by hearing.

You don't just believe that this and that will happen because you're a Christian ;no. God honours his word much more than his name.

Until you know where he said it and believe it Z nothing happens.

And there are churches that teaches the word better than others.... If your a Christian that still visit prayer houses it is because you are not word filled.

1 Like

Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Themandator: 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
No Church is the best.

Sure but for individuals, any church were you find inner peace and liberty for your spirit is the best for you.

Some churches do better than others in helping Christians take delivery of the power content of the bible while others make members lukewarm and always in need of prayer and prophesies.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Eberex(m): 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
kpolli:

Oh my guess is that you're one of those guys who believe once they take care of someone, they own them.... Well if you feel the father has the right to tell her how and where to worship God then I won't even stress myself arguing with you.....

Confirmed non-african. Its not ya fault. Seems your culture is a foreign one anyway
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by 2kris(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Yea I know but my father ain't the one financing me my mum is, he hardly drops money for us as children my mum is the one doing everything but I would try and stick to your advice
from the look of things is as if ur father have a sensitive post in the church or is he an elder
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by vodacom: 11:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Maser:
You need to come for counselling at my Church:

Synagogue of Holy Sabatherians & the Arch-Angels

#12 Aladura Crescent, Badagry, Lagos
Come fasting 3 days dry
Items to bring; 2 white pigeons, 7 red candles and salt. We will also need to bath you and clear many issues about your life. Please come in a clean white garment and bare footed.

Its an instant miracle centre. Your life will never be the same again
U non well loooooooool
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by kpolli(m): 12:37am On Mar 02, 2015
incrediblestev:
which kind nonsense you dey talk for mouth sef..... Have you even seen the picture of the kid. You mean you would let a child under your roof make decisions such as this on her own because you want to show that you are a 21st century dad or what..... Scheeew......

Growing up as a youngster, church was not my thing, my mum decided the church everyone attended, dad goes when he feels like.... As much as I did not like the hours of shouting and muttering gibberish in the name of prayers, I never contested my being there. The only thing I did was device a way to attend the church sessions close to when they were rounding up...... After a while, I just naturally started attending Christ Embassy and became very interested and committed, my parents who were very impressed at my level of seriousness knowing that I was really not into the church thing allowed me...... Shebi na me tire, come begin siddon house back.

What I am trying to say is this, don't go into a fight with any of your parents over the church you want to attend, besides your reasons are very flimsy and the name of your new church obviously gives me the story, firebrand....... At your age, parents know best.

I checked her picture and she looks old enough to be in a University so yes she is old enough to decide her church.... I know how and where I was raised... Once I we entered Uni, we were allowed to make our decisions...

But as per name of her new church, sounds funny though but I won't judge a church by it's name....

Eberex:

Confirmed non-african. Its not ya fault. Seems your culture is a foreign one anyway

O boy, wetin you dey talk? Me wey grow up for Lagos!!!!!!!!! Omo no dey use english judge person for here ooo....

I dunno how you were brought up but as for me and my siblings.... We were left to make our own decisions after secondary school (and mandatory 1 year University admission wait thanks to Jamb)
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Eberex(m): 3:59am On Mar 02, 2015
kpolli:

I checked her picture and she looks old enough to be in a University so yes she is old enough to decide her church.... I know how and where I was raised... Once I we entered Uni, we were allowed to make our decisions...

But as per name of her new church, sounds funny though but I won't judge a church by it's name....

O boy, wetin you dey talk? Me wey grow up for Lagos!!!!!!!!! Omo no dey use english judge person for here ooo....

I dunno how you were brought up but as for me and my siblings.... We were left to make our own decisions after secondary school (and mandatory 1 year University admission wait thanks to Jamb)

Okay if I get the picture, the scenario in your family is like thus : dad catholic, mum anglican, you christ embassy, brother, redeem, sister1 MFM, sister2 jehova witness, sister3 deeper life.

Every sunday morning all of una go seperate churches, and come back at different times. I bet you guys don't study the bible together, cos if you do, its gonna be war when it comes to interpretation of the passage.

Hmm sorry o! A united family , or would I say a man who wants to have a united family would take religious very serious because this is what causes disunity in the home.

So tell me, did I paint a good scenario or would you like to tell me how it goes in your family. I'm waiting to hear from you.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by kpolli(m): 5:53am On Mar 02, 2015
Eberex:

Okay if I get the picture, the scenario in your family is like thus : dad catholic, mum anglican, you christ embassy, brother, redeem, sister1 MFM, sister2 jehova witness, sister3 deeper life.

Every sunday morning all of una go seperate churches, and come back at different times. I bet you guys don't study the bible together, cos if you do, its gonna be war when it comes to interpretation of the passage.

Hmm sorry o! A united family , or would I say a man who wants to have a united family would take religious very serious because this is what causes disunity in the home.

So tell me, did I paint a good scenario or would you like to tell me how it goes in your family. I'm waiting to hear from you.

You're close but that's when we were grown.... You go to the church that draws you closer to God.... A church is not a social gathering, if you do not feel the presence in God in one place, my advice; change your church... Why will we quarrel because of interpretation? Your church does not interpret your Bible for you, you do.... Plus we are adults and if we can not bring out valid points that back up our perspective then we are merely deceiving ourselves....

I do not know how you look at it oo, but when it comes to God; my advice, praise Him in the best way you can.... Because you will be judged by your actions not what your father's pastor told you.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Eberex(m): 6:10am On Mar 02, 2015
kpolli:

You're close but that's when we were grown.... You go to the church that draws you closer to God.... A church is not a social gathering, if you do not feel the presence in God in one place, my advice; change your church... Why will we quarrel because of interpretation? Your church does not interpret your Bible for you, you do.... Plus we are adults and if we can not bring out valid points that back up our perspective then we are merely deceiving ourselves....

I do not know how you look at it oo, but when it comes to God; my advice, praise Him in the best way you can.... Because you will be judged by your actions not what your father's pastor told you.

Well you said when you are grown. The father doesn't think so, okay? So maybe she has to get her independent before thinking of changing church. Peace
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by kritikali(m): 7:06am On Mar 02, 2015
starlingleanets:
urs is good my dad ban us from going me being the reason of the ban bcus reject every tradition of the elders. I don't argue with him I went to God in prayer let's say a minute prayer and God visited him that night and warn him to let me be and he has let me alone. Your dad can't be as stubborn as mine but the ball is in ur court.

God visit people now? And people talk to God now? Wetin man eye no go see for tis life.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 02, 2015
I think you've gotten all the advice you need but lemme give you this unique advice.......Stop pouting,I just checked your pics.Be a good girl
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by luluosas(m): 7:35am On Mar 02, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Yea I know but my father ain't the one financing me my mum is, he hardly drops money for us as children my mum is the one doing everything but I would try and stick to your advice
I don't agree with you. Though some fathers are doing so, but your mum if a responsible wife will cloth the shame of your father by alluding all financial support to you guys as from your dad, even though it may actually be from your mum. Situations where mothers presents themselves as the breadwinner of the home often pits the children against their father unknowingly thereby creating a psychological belief in the children that their father hates them hence it is mummy taking care of us. This should be discouraged in homes so that the family can thrive together and create an unbroken bond in the family tie. God bless you.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2015
kritikali:

God visit people now? And people talk to God now? Wetin man eye no go see for tis life.
What about if you see God dwelling with his people
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by pheesayor(m): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2015
As a lady, the only reason to leave you father's church is when you get married, you can't even leave his house until you get married. Obedience is better than sacrifice and you need to obey your parents as commanded by the bible. This is not easy but with the help of God you'll find it easier. God bless you
Daisydeevarh:
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Akinz0126(m): 11:40am On Mar 02, 2015
chymystique:
@daisydeevarh, am also having same ish too. What I do is anytime am in my parents house I attend the family church even though in my mind its just my body that's there not soul and I dont participate in anything @ all. I just go to church and count hours till closing time smiley .. as long as you stay under there roof you just ve to Obey dear... its of no use trying to convince or proving to be strong headed to such fathers cause they will think you ve been brainwashed.
So you attending that church as a bench warmer?chai what a waste of time.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Oiselenjakhian(m): 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by nan1: 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
guy u wicked o aboniki balm ke? lol falls off from iroko tree...

pecothecash:
Dis message is for adults only........ FOR THE
SAKE OF SAFE SEX NAFDAC has introduced a
protection cream inplace of condom. Its safe,
affordable and comfortable. MoreOver, there
wil
be no need to use condom again.The advantage
of using this cream is that you can now enjoy
flesh to flesh sex without the fear of HIV/
AIDS.At last we can now enjoy skin to skin.Go
to
any pharmacy close to you and request 4 #
Aboniki BALM. Lol"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thomas Ereyitomi Pays Bride Price On Corpse Of Caroline Okorodudu His Dead Wife / Sack Letter A Month To Wedding/engagement(pix Attached) / Please, Have You Seen This Kid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.