Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,676 members, 7,844,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (140628 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by folex(m): 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
FBN N240.19/$ @2.20pm today

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
PrinceLat:
I knew a lot of people will say why did i leave money in the account, but truth is either way the money will still be removed from the account unless you dont plan to use that account again, bankers on this forum will know what i am talking about, they will peg your account with ( i cant remember the term again) what it does is, as soon as any form of money gets into the account , it will automatically deduct it , any day any time, its simple technology.

if it was the other way round , we would cry foul and bombard their customer care section and demand our money be returned, what makes you think they wouldnt do the same ? if the mistake was done on the counter, the cashier would be made to pay, because the books will not balance, its left for the cashier to trace the account holder and get his/her money back, either way.

it was too good to be real, my initial thought was the reduced exchange rate for the pilgrimage that the federal goverment talked about, so i just thought maybe it affected online purchase as well.

all the same..................Lesson learnt
@bolded exactly wink... I av opened different acct as d need arises and favours me...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
folex:
shocked shocked shocked

When someone discovered the access bank rate, he was badmouthing stanbic... Even if centra bank sell #1-$1 for a day , stanbic remain the best kiss

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nigerians are somehow gallible including me grin I know someone might have gone to publish it on their Facebook or any of their social media. angry
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
Access bank now N225.5/$1 @4.18pm
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hello everyone, how are y'all doing this evening?

Please, on the average, how long does it take Stanbic to issue one a MasterCard? I need to pay for something urgently, an exam actually. Thinking of opening an account with them tomorrow. Comparing GTB's exchange rate with theirs, I'll be saving a reasonable sum of money.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jdesigns(m): 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
coolbibz:

Please, on the average, how long does it take Stanbic to issue one a MasterCard? I need to pay for something urgently, an exam actually. Thinking of opening an account with them tomorrow. Comparing GTB's exchange rate with theirs, I'll be saving a reasonable sum of money.

Well it depends, give or take it takes 2-3weeks to get ur card from them because of the address verification stuff like their CS said.

Can help you with the payment if its direct card payment not paypal payment.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jdesigns:

Well it depends, give or take it takes 2-3weeks to get ur card from them because of the address verification stuff like their CS said.

Can help you with the payment if its direct card payment not paypal payment.

Thanks for your response & kind gesture, but payment is to be made via Paypal. Thank you regardless.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jdesigns(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
coolbibz:

Thanks for your response & kind gesture, but payment is to be made via Paypal. Thank you regardless.

Aiit bro, aw much is the fee if its via paypal, mayb able to help you with it. I said so cos I might not av d fund earlier, but if the fund isn't much den might b able to do it for u
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by PrinceLat(m): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
An apology from access ..........

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
If naira is further devalued, i might suspend my iphone purchases. The news im hearing about this devaluation is not encouraging at all

3 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by makavele: 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
tumababa:
If naira is further devalued, i might suspend my iphone purchases. The bews im hearing about this devaluation is not encouraging at all

bros as in ehn, dis tin tire person
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Youngzedd(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2015
Good morning @All

Which bank offers the cheapest rate and what is the rate?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by temitimx19(m): 9:08am On Jul 17, 2015
Youngzedd:
Good morning @All

Thanks in anticipation.
This topic has 47 pages, the bank has been mention about 1000 times. Go through the pages and don't waste your time.

6 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2015
PrinceLat:
I knew a lot of people will say why did i leave money in the account, but truth is either way the money will still be removed from the account unless you dont plan to use that account again, bankers on this forum will know what i am talking about, they will peg your account with ( i cant remember the term again) what it does is, as soon as any form of money gets into the account , it will automatically deduct it , any day any time, its simple technology.

if it was the other way round , we would cry foul and bombard their customer care section and demand our money be returned, what makes you think they wouldnt do the same ? if the mistake was done on the counter, the cashier would be made to pay, because the books will not balance, its left for the cashier to trace the account holder and get his/her money back, either way.

it was too good to be real, my initial thought was the reduced exchange rate for the pilgrimage that the federal goverment talked about, so i just thought maybe it affected online purchase as well.

all the same..................Lesson learnt

Lol. For 15K? I will not use the account again. I'll take 5K and process a new account. Use 10K to eat isi ewu.

Youngzedd:
Good morning @All
Thanks in anticipation.

EgoKudiOwo Bank of Nigeria.

Jeffy1206:
shocked shocked shocked
When someone discovered the access bank rate, he was badmouthing stanbic... Even if centra bank sell #1-$1 for a day , stanbic remain the best kiss

Consistency is key.

tonjeola:
Access bank now N225.5/$1 @4.18pm

folex:

Will update.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Youngzedd(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2015
temitimx19:

This topic has 47 pages, the bank has been mention about 1000 times. Go through the pages and don't waste your time.

I am talking about the current rate.

This is currency we're about here.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2015
Youngzedd:

the last time I checked stanbic has never changed... Always revert back to the first page for your update.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by temitimx19(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2015
Youngzedd:

Stanbic remains the best, also I think its still 199.45. check the front page for more info
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
temitimx19:

Stanbic remains the best, also I think its still 199.45. check the front page for more info

And fidelity rate too is not bad grin

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
myjoy08:

are you sure about this fidelity 199.45
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
myjoy08:

lol we are talking about consistentency wink
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
myjoy08:

lol we are talking about consistency wink
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
tumababa:

are you sure about this fidelity 199.45

You can check them out. The consistency part of exchange rate can only be attest to Stanbic Bank lol
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by sawhite: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
tumababa:
If naira is further devalued, i might suspend my iphone purchases. The news im hearing about this devaluation is not encouraging at all
tuma how much have u been charged in stabic ibtc recently
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
sawhite:
tuma how much have u been charged in stabic ibtc recently

can't do anything on stanbic card for 2 weeks now. 10million cbn limit reached.but its still 199.45 i guess
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by sawhite: 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
tumababa:

can't do anything on stanbic card for 2 weeks now. 10million cbn limit reached.but its still 199.45 i guess
ewo,how u cum dey do now and ur customers hope sae dem dey patient o
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by makavele: 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
when i crossed my limit, i just opened in the name of a "very trusted" relative . . .
and biz continued as usual . . .
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
myjoy08:

I will update

Mizzzbeee:
lol we are talking about consistentency wink

Exactly. Stanbic hasn't gone past 199.5 since i started using it. If i remember correctly.

tumababa:

Stanbic VISA Dollar cards have no limits. Maybe you should try that.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by balogunsam(m): 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
Stanley08:

I will update

Exactly. Stanbic hasn't gone past 199.5 since i started using it. If i remember correctly.

True...very true...its loading it that's the issue though. Dollar prepaid cards to the best of my knowledge usually require loading with actual dollars...except STANBIC has another superb option
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Dieumerci(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
coolbibz:

You should get it within 2wks. They didn't verify my address, I'm guessing that it's because I gave them my BVN.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
Dieumerci:

You should get it within 2wks. They didn't verify my address, I'm guessing that it's because I gave them my BVN.
Stanley08:

I will update

How do i get the 199.5 per $ on the visa card? Cos thats why im with stanbic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.