Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

¤ ¤ The Big Picture ¤ ¤ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ¤ ¤ The Big Picture ¤ ¤ (789 Views)

Ijapa And Obo- The Big Setup (an African Folktale) / Poem/ The big boys / The Big Boss (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

¤ ¤ The Big Picture ¤ ¤ by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
My name is Chinwe,am the first child of my parents.Been a first child sucks if you are from an average home like mine.
You have to make sacrifices,And whenever I complained Dad would say:
"You are very lucky,during my own time we only ate rice on christmas and Easter days.
'Tea' was a luxury which we only took whenever we were ill and it was a mixture of 'Abiola' milk and a cube of sugar.
We had nothing like cornflakes or oats,Garri and palm nut was the substitute.
We went to school on bare feet.
We walked for miles to fetch water at the stream.
We only watched Television once in a blue moon and it was the black and white model owned by the wealthiest man in the village.
We rubbed palmkernel oil as cream,the Average people made do with stella pomade.
We folded our school uniform under our pillow as we had nothing like 'pressing' Iron.
We engaged in herculian house chores like 'fetching firewoods,getting Fodders for goats.
And our source of Entertianment was Moonlight folktales,masquerade festivals and wrestling contests
You are very Lucky! You are in an 'Indomie_eating' generation.
I thank Jah.
we have come far and we still have a long way to go.
In twice a decades time students will go to school in private jets.
DREAM BIG..
THINK BIG...
YOU WILL GET A
BIG PICTURE...............one of the famous sayings of Benjamin carsons.
And now; I need some one to look into my eyes and say:
Take this laptop.
. . . .
tsk tsk tsk.
Am dreaming BIG..
Thats the big picture
Re: ¤ ¤ The Big Picture ¤ ¤ by Fembleez1(m): 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
Chinwe, great job Sis. Keep it up.

BTW

Looks into her eyes shocked

Take this Laptop cheesy

tongue
Re: ¤ ¤ The Big Picture ¤ ¤ by stuff46(m): 7:00am On Mar 02, 2015
nice
Re: ¤ ¤ The Big Picture ¤ ¤ by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks..
Fembleez1 where am naa?
Re: ¤ ¤ The Big Picture ¤ ¤ by Fembleez1(m): 8:44am On Mar 03, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Thanks..
Fembleez1 where am naa?

Konga never carry am reach your side? angry

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways You Can Know If You Are A Great Communicator / Redirection (short poem) / Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.