Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House (42893 Views)

Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall / Ten Ways To Reduce Cost While Building A New Home / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by brabus(m): 8:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congratulations drkay! What a great accomplishment from a young man! Construction is long and often tedious, but you did a wonderful job! You should be so proud of yourself...your first home!

Great job!

2 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by gungab(m): 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congrats bro,had it been am in abk,I would have love to attend But am now in abia state
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by umar745(m): 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congrats
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by makazona(m): 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
this news sweet my belle no be small

and

i thank God for blessing u with a home.

congrats

#NeverAgain will u pay house rent in that city.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by XBLadez: 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
dunkem21:
Wow. Good news.

Your advice is valuable especially following the plumber and electrician to the market.

You will get quality items @ just a little higher price than the ordinary ones.
But u know they hate that, the same way mechanics hate u to be too inquisitive with parts prices. They won't mind giving u inferior materials so that next time u won't bug them.
There's no way u won't get cheated, bro
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by ylaa(f): 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
WELL DONE NO BE SMALL THING TO BUILD AT THIS TIME. I JUST COMPLETED MINE N I HEAR NWE.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Icon4s(m): 8:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congtrats but bro. But abeg what kind of house did you build with 4million naira. Just curious.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by ghettodreamz(m): 8:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
@OP, congratulations on the completion of your dwelling edifice, it is my earnest prayer that you and all yours shall live there in sound and good health in Jesus name, amen. It will mark the beginning of greater things yet to come in your life by His grace.

Personally, I shall be looking forward to seeing pictures of your house (Interior & Exterior view), I hope you won't keep us waiting for too long for it.

Wishing all hard working ladies and gents out there who are not only dreaming but working towards like achievements, all the very best.

Enjoy your new home!

2 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by smlafolabi(m): 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thank for the info
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by ImDFavoured1: 8:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congrats to you @ op. I share in your joy and i say 'thanks' to God for this new beautiful thing. Pls, share the pix and let the lughter continue. Yipeeeee!!!
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by uwa1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congratulations broda
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by bakila: 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
Icon4s:
Congtrats but bro. But abeg what kind of house did you build with 4million naira. Just curious.
State small. You will be surprised the kind of house you will build with that amount. Probably a bigger house of you listened to some of the advice.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by abdulwastecx(m): 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=drkay post=31207632][/quote]

congratulations sir, it is really valuable here to hear from house owners.
people always make that mistake of having a close friends suplying materials. The truth is suppliers are bad for the business they definitely inflate your price to make extra gain.

you could have spend less if you had access to these information earlier.

I like the part " trust your employee till you catched them red handed"
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by bobbling(m): 9:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
@ least show us d pix of the house. Or don't you think that is worth sharing as well?
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
tajay12:
Congrats,..are you a working class? If no then how did you get yourr money?

He go thief ya papa money...stupid question.

2 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Amhappy(f): 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
Waoooo Congrats. Its good seeing young people doing something useful with their money.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by cupidhero(m): 9:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
Love this kind of posts. Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by abdulwastecx(m): 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
Icon4s:

people over spend alot by not planning properly while building a house.

The following information can help low cost house builders

1.Do your architectural design focusing more on functionality than aesthetic. e.g don't proposed unnecessary curve, too many corners, very high roof etc.

2. Try do a 3 D . the 3 D allows for modifications and changes to be made b4 actual construction.

3. Try to do the setting out to make sure thee house is straight ( since itt cost little in the longg round)

4. supervise the construction together with a professional if you have the time or give a professional to supervised the job

5. Always procure materials yourself and don't
be a victim of those so called building suppliers ( you can go with your site supervisor).

6. Get a good brick layers/mason for your job. give the block work out on a contract like N50/block, plastering out for N1200/partions.

build q simple roof type and give the job to a good carpentern

8 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Mushood: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2015
dunkem21:
Wow. Good news.

Your advice is valuable especially following the plumber and electrician to the market.

You will get quality items @ just a little higher price than the ordinary ones.
my brother, construction is not dat way, if u think following ur electrician or plumber to d selling store, dat wen u will even spend more dan expectation cos once d seller discover dat u novice and d other guy is ur artisan, he will add his share to d price he would give u for bringing customer for him. So d best way to cut dis is to get quotation from two to three diff pple to compare and ask dem each to come wit their sample. Chikena!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by AdeniyiA(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congrats bro,
I'm curious, of what essence is house warming? hide ur head bro and not involve in any unnecessary publicity
@ drkay

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by pak: 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=drkay post=31207632][/quote]

By God's grace, I intend to start and complete my house this year in Jos
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by slap1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
drkay:

Amen, thank you.
Don't forget to tag/mention me when you post the picture of your house. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by drkay(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
tajay12:
Congrats,..are you a working class? If no then how did you get yourr money?
Am gainfully employed by the ogun state govt.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by koyyess: 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
I commend you. At your age you have a foresight that so many men(young and old) lack in this country. As I congratulate you, I also want to advise that you remain responsible- don't attract bad friends that will help you turn that place to a brothel or a mini club. Keep investing in other fruitful projects and above all, though you have a house now, I hope you have someone that will make it a home. If you don't have the person yet, work towards it. I know why I'm saying so.

4 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by drkay(m): 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
slap1:
Don't forget to tag/mention me when you post the picture of your house. Congrats!
I'll do that by this weekend.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by tociano009(m): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congratulation
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by tlops(m): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
Picture or I ... it!

Congrats bro!!
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by PAINGAIN: 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks @op for sharing. I am building a house presently though I am not living in naija but with the pictures of the house that I'm getting I think my younger bro sends to reguraly, I must say he's doing a damn fine job. And its true just as u said. No one should wait till u have d whole money dat u need to start, just start with what u have and b4 u know it baaaaam! U've got a completed house.

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by onyibajoe(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
Big congrats man. I tap from the anointing to start and finish.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by brut(f): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
Nice one..not some idiots who wil even borrow money to buy an suv instead of investing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.