Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House (42891 Views)

Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall / Ten Ways To Reduce Cost While Building A New Home / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by tpiah01: 3:49am On Mar 03, 2015
are you supposed to announce it on nairaland when/if you're building a house?

i've been seeing such threads every so often.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by chiderao: 5:24am On Mar 03, 2015
Congratulations bra......home sweet home..
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Agnesgrace(f): 5:26am On Mar 03, 2015
Congratulation bro... I wish you God divine blessing, protection and presence in your new house.

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by October1960: 5:48am On Mar 03, 2015
Congrats - wish you peace and continued prosperity in the new home. One of many homes to come.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by adanrygr8: 5:58am On Mar 03, 2015
Congrat bro.
Ha...it was not easy for me, infact am happy dis testimony came with advice, I never had info before starting mine. All d lesson are vital. Like d first was a big one for me, i didnt prepare to spent more. So if anyone is having this kind of project, pls prepare more cash than d actual otherwise u may end up borrowing or abandon d project when u only need lik 50k to finish up an aspect, and d workers wont lik dat. When u abandon, u will spend double of dat 50k u didnt prepare.
Mine is a 2bedroom bungalow(almost 2.5m), completed before last december just close to my 30yrs birthday. Guys, may God bless ur hussle, u can start now even with 150k, it depends more on location.
Bro, congrats again, welcome to Landlord Club...lol

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by numen(m): 6:26am On Mar 03, 2015
Congratulations bro. May you and your family enjoy your house and many more that you'll still build in Jesus Christ's name....Amen!

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Abyzan(m): 7:31am On Mar 03, 2015
Nairaland is becoming a family....kudos y'all

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by clementcro(m): 8:01am On Mar 03, 2015
Congratulations bro
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by phorget(m): 8:08am On Mar 03, 2015
drkay:

Thank you sir, as for your question, no I didn't.
why are we on this nairaland site?... Is it jst to come online to read or post comments? I guess it would have been a great idea if we can still find a way of assisting each other. if you are to have anoda project some other time pls do endeavour to patronise someone who is in that line of biz here. For the sake of trust you can get such persons quotation on the actual stuffs you want and if you are satisfied with his/her quotation you can go on in doing business with him/her. For example,my organisation is into laying of tiles,wall and white ceiling POP and also painting.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Mekzmoney(m): 8:08am On Mar 03, 2015
Noted. Congrats bro.
U said the best time to start building is as soon as you have a land to build on.
My brother not in the village oh, d moment you lay a foundation all village witches and wizards, including all your household enemies would surface. You will be having issues, if at all there would not take your life.

It's better you start any village projects and finish it as fast as possible before there would find out what you're doing.

If its possible, you will build it over night grin

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by phorget(m): 8:09am On Mar 03, 2015
drkay:

Thank you sir, as for your question, no I didn't.
why are we on this nairaland site?... Is it jst to come online to read or post comments? I guess it would have been a great idea if we can still find a way of assisting each other. if you are to have anoda project some other time pls do endeavour to patronise someone who is in that line of biz here. For the sake of trust you can get such persons quotation on the actual stuffs you want and if you are satisfied with his/her quotation you can go on in doing business with him/her. For example,my organisation is into laying of tiles,wall and white ceiling POP and also painting. Congratulations on ur new building and pls remember to come to the house next time...cheers!!
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by kinstunfad: 8:15am On Mar 03, 2015
Excellent piece of information!

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by harabey(m): 8:15am On Mar 03, 2015
I am really in support of your number 7. Because taste differs.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by zingobaby: 9:30am On Mar 03, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by yinkuschua(m): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2015
Congrats bro.. and keep it up
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 03, 2015
Congrats smiley
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Simili(m): 10:25am On Mar 03, 2015
Congratulation Doc....More blessing....mine on the way ijn

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by janejive(f): 10:25am On Mar 03, 2015
Congratulations on your new house
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by coolestca(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS Bro it's a GOOD SUCCESS
grin ; D grin
meanwhile I can't wait to see the pictures pls
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by jejematic(m): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2015
Congratulations my brother...I'm about to complete my own 4 bedroom also at Sango area by God's grace. And I started with desame amount (300k) some years back, I really rejoice with u. The almighty God that did yours shall also see me through in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by choppu: 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
[quote author=drkay post=31208034]
Thank u so much, am inspired by this
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by Trachea: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
Thanks for the insight. i am about starting a similar project after oke ata estate in abeokuta with a similar amount. You have given me clues i really need to follow. Thanks again.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by ghetto101(m): 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
God bless your house and thank you for the advice.

[quote author=drkay post=31207632][/quote]
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by tpiah01: 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Noted. Congrats bro.
U said the best time to start building is as soon as you have a land to build on.
My brother not in the village oh, d moment you lay a foundation all village witches and wizards, including all your household enemies would surface. You will be having issues, if at all there would not take your life.

It's better you start any village projects and finish it as fast as possible before there would find out what you're doing.

If its possible, you will build it over night grin

very true sha.

back in the day, people built houses leisurely, with no rush, and generally completed their house after 5, 10 or more years, if not longer. And even them, it was still fraught with a lot of risk.

These days, people build houses quickly and lord knows what kinds of krakens get unleashed with that scenario.

Now, is it cultists only who are allowed to build houses in Nigeria or where are the regular folks who are not jujuists, babalawos, occult, cultic, etc, supposed to build?
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by eebadhan: 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
A big congratulations on ur major milestone, it's not an easy task to build a house of any size in Nigeria, I really commend u . Hopefully ur achievement will serve as an inspiration to the rest of us. Ara a mo ile o.

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by princejones(m): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
Congrants,big brother
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by drkay(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
The exterior.

4 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by drkay(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
I'll upload the other pictures later.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by ahmedonia4real(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
looking very nice.....God bless your new house.

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by 2baga(m): 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
God bless your hustle bro.....
Re: The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House by mufutau55(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
drkay:
I'll upload the other pictures later.

Very nice Drkay.. when you are ready for the painting if you have not done so, let me know for both paints and painter.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House / When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.