Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! (980 Views)

OAU Ife Economics Dept-msc Class / Fabroology: Let's Discuss Ife Economics / Great Ife Economics Alumni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by Jarus(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2009
I have been able to read from one or two threads that the three of us finished from Ife Economics and we are all among the most active Nairalanders. I have started this thread for us. Can we discuss our experience in the department.
To set the ball rolling, I was in the department 2001-2006. Expy was my course adviser throughout. I used to enjoy Expy's funny comments and actions. How about Fabroo?
My best lecturer was Prof Oladeji. Mr Adejumo is also a good lecturer among the junior lecturers.
More to come.

Other Ife Eco grads or students are also invited. If you did a course in our department, you are also not ledft out.
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by fe32(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2009
40% or 60%, u didn't say

thank God u made it whole out of dat scul, some of your mates are still there
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by Jarus(m): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2009
Wow. . .how did u know our set was 40%/60%? Were you also 2001 set
I was 60%(2000 UME).
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by doyin13(m): 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2010
Just found this thread sha. I hated Expy. angry angry angry He used to show me pepper. angry angry angry
My favourite was Olagunju because he is very fair.
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by spikedcylinder: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2010
There I was looking for this thread in my sent messages.
Where una dey na?
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by Jarus(m): 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
I still dey around o.

Where is TKB?

It's been long I went to Ife, after collecting my call-up letter in March 2007, but I still want to go.

Learnt the school has been given a facelift now.

On our dept, I communicate with Dr. Shuaib on facebook. I tried calling Expy some weeks ago but he didn't pick.

While in the department:
-I was closest to Expy and Dr. Shuaib
-Expee was my course adviser and my SIFE adviser too, when I was SIFE president
-Professor Oladeji was the best lecturer that taught me. Very good in teaching, lenient with marking. His style is not not Nigerian.
-Among the younger generation lecturers, I think Mr. Adejumo is very learned and good in teaching. He demystified Industrial Economics(ECN 311, 312) and Micro Economics(ECN 301) and made them my best subjects. I give it to him as the best among the youngies, even though I entered his trouble a couple of time.
-I liked Expee and Fabroo, if not for anything, for the humour. I like humour-filled classes. I hate boring classes. Don't fault me o
-All the same, I enjoyed the dept, even though I lost election grin
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by spikedcylinder: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2010
I liked Shuaib too, still talk to him on phone and facebook. In fact, I liked him so much, I promised to buy him a car. Lol.
Adejumo was just average for me, jare, very easily angered which to me reeks insecurity. He was dating a girl in my class and eventually married her. Don't even get me started with Expy - ugly monkey that he is. He gave me a lot of UNNECESSARY stress. For what na? He'll send me on a merry-go-rounds simply because he wanted to sign course form. Sometimes, he'd fix lectures for 6.30am and if you come at 6.31 you have to wait outside. His personal beef with me was legendary.
I liked Akinbobola though - The ECN 411/412 guy.He was easy going and his classes were lively, funny guy. I think he's left for South Africa now though.
In my time in that dept, no woman taught us. Except for the general philosophy courses in part 1.
I was in Ife last year sha, dunno when I'll go there again.
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by Jarus(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2010
Adejumo was just average for me, jare, very easily angered which to me reeks insecurity
I agree fully with the bolded, but disagree with teh first part.
He actually gets angry too easily. I also fell into his trap in my final year, when my pen landed me into trouble. We came late and were disallowed from writing his test. After our pleas to him fell on deaf ears, I wrote a letter to his supervisor, Dr. (Mrs)Olusi(who actually had that course) on behalf of affected students. The woman tempered justice with mercy and compelled him to do a make-up test for us or make our exams 100% as our excuse were genuine. He took it up with me, and I had to beg him. I almost ahd extra year because of that incident, and other late-comers, who I had written on behalf of, under duress, dissociated themselves from that letter. It eventually turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Our exam was made 100% and I had 70A, while many people taht did the test failed, and most of co-class-toppers had B. He told me that ''a student is only brilliant if his teacher says so'', meaning no matter how brilliant I am, he is the one to determine what I will score(and he can fail me if he likes) and I was afraid he would fail me in exams, leading to extra year, but to my surprise, I turned out to be one of the very few studenst atht had A. . I thought he would victimize me, but he was fair.

The man get temperament, but he is very good in lecturing, to me.

I liked Akinbobola though - The ECN 411/412 guy.He was easy going and his classes were lively, funny guy. I think he's left for South Africa now though
This man don go SA?

Don't even get me started with Expy - ugly monkey that he is. He gave me a lot of UNNECESSARY  stress. For what na? He'll send me on a merry-go-rounds simply because he wanted to sign course form.
Despite being close to Expee that I used to mark for him, he still agve me wahala. He was my project supervisor, and he made me go through 'hell'. I also had doses of those course-signing wahalas. But I can forgive all that for his humour.
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:28am On Feb 23, 2010
Make me sef go create thread for graduates of my department in . . . . . . ., lol.
Re: Tbk417, Spikedcylinder, Jarus: Come, Let's Discuss Ife Economics! by spikedcylinder: 8:33am On Feb 23, 2010
Jarus:

I agree fully with the bolded, but disagree with teh first part.
He actually gets angry too easily. I also fell into his trap in my final year, when my pen landed me into trouble. We came late and were disallowed from writing his test. After our pleas to him fell on deaf ears, I wrote a letter to his supervisor, Dr. (Mrs)Olusi(who actually had that course) on behalf of affected students. The woman tempered justice with mercy and compelled him to do a make-up test for us or make our exams 100% as our excuse were genuine. He took it up with me, and I had to beg him. I almost ahd extra year because of that incident, and other late-comers, who I had written on behalf of, under duress, dissociated themselves from that letter. It eventually turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Our exam was made 100% and I had 70A, while many people taht did the test failed, and most of co-class-toppers had B. He told me that ''[size=13pt]a student is only brilliant if his teacher says so[/size]'', meaning no matter how brilliant I am, he is the one to determine what I will score(and he can fail me if he likes) and I was afraid he would fail me in exams, leading to extra year, but to my surprise, I turned out to be one of the very few studenst atht had A. . I thought he would victimize me, but he was fair.

The man get temperament, but he is very good in lecturing, to me.
This man don go SA?
Despite being close to Expee that I used to mark for him, he still agve me wahala. He was my project supervisor, and he made me go through 'hell'. I also had doses of those course-signing wahalas. But I can forgive all that for his humour.

Sounds very much like what Adejumo will say. I'm not surprised in the least bit. Wo, lecturers in that department were not my friends at all, I used to run 440.
Which was your best course? My worst was ECN 301. The lecture was divided into 3 parts and for such a core course, the lecture period was 6pm when students would have been tired after a long day. 3 different people taught the course and it was quite haphazard, I didn't like it at all. Even with all the tutorials I took on the course, I still had 40E. angry

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan,ibadan. Admission Process / What Are The Requisites For Admission Into Benue State University / Please Help With University Of Maiduguri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.