Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (49575 Views)

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Amagmilton(m): 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
...Aba, Warri, Chibok, Damature, Ijebu Ode,Bauchi and Ibadan..
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by valmunich(m): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
Asaba sure pass

As cool as ice... Ask anybody wink
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by LewisO: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
chiibekee:
Imo state all the way
Really? That's to u anyway, but i will like going there soon! smiley
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
I like Abuja. I like Sokoto. I like Ilorin
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
valmunich:
Asaba sure pass

As cool as ice... Ask anybody wink
I agree.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Alimtoheeb(m): 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
Taylor86:
GEJ d transformer, always teaching APC how to tackle issues

APC where is buharis corpse.
.....buhari's corpse or i dont see it clearly. Guy u must be mad for uttering such statement, must politics dat it's dividends didnt extend to u and ur family lead u to saying this. Are u unaware of d fact that this man is a family man, why dont u put ur father in his position nd hearing someone wishing him dead, try to illusion d feeling.....bro, try to reason b4 u comment pls.

3 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by valmunich(m): 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
softysparky:

I agree.
wink

where have you been?

Have not been seeing ya around
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by chiibekee(f): 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
LewisO:

Really? That's to u anyway, but i will like going there soon! smiley
come and see for urself
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Shubbylee(m): 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ikengawo:
Calabar, Enugu or Abuja? Which of these three would you say is the best to live in?

to me these three top the standard of living charts as far as safety, quality facilities, pace of life, and ability to find employment. For example Abuja has the best facilities but the cost of living takes it down a little bit in my eyes because it's unbearable even for the rich.

Ability to find employment? NO!! people from these 3cities still travel all d way to lagos to look for jobs!! Enugu....NO water!! Calabar is the best of these three but too many bad gehls!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Randerl: 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sambisa, Damboa, Gamboru, Maiduguri, Damaturu, Mitchika.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by UnimkeAk(m): 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
Calabar ?

Jesus !

Place wr pple d run from
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by chaberry(m): 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo
Have u been to Enugu?

8 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
But our army are living in sambissa now pray for them
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by spicyhoney(f): 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Abuja! If you love serene, peaceful and clean environment. Mind you by Abuja, i mean Abuja and not the outskirts like them Nyanyan, Lugbe, Kubwa and co.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by eaglechild: 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
mmsen:

I have to say that I am shocked to see people proclaiming Ibadan as the best city in Nigeria to live in. Have those people ever visited Calabar?

First place is Calabar followed by Uyo and Enugu.

All of the places I've listed are clean, orderly, safe, great roads (Uyo and Calabar in particular), great local eaters, with respectful and charming locals.

Abuja would be on that list were it not for the security issue.

I believe most of them have not really left Ibadan or are just doing so based on sentiment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by LewisO: 6:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
Lagos. Ebute Metta.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by paschenko(m): 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
In no particular order: Ibadan, Calabar, Uyo and Abuja

God bless U for liking good things my dear. U got good taste, U r trendy.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Chukzy001(m): 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
Canaan land #Calabar...

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by LewisO: 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
chiibekee:
come and see for urself
Will u invite me?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by nerodenero: 6:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
mandarin:
@OP you didn't sound like someone trying to take a decision of life but let me just share with you a piece of advice. If you were to be offered a job that pays like =N=100K a month i will advise you to pick Ibadan. Forget all those mundane things you read about that city, with this amount you will ,live a life of comfort. Don't even dare Abuja if your income is not in the excess of =N=300K if you want to live well. You need like =N=150k in Calabar or Enugu to live the equivalent of the hundred thousand of Ibadan.

Ibadan is not just big for nothing, it has a huge middle class and emerging upper middle class population. I will advise you to throw yourself at it even with 50k salary if you are not married. If however you want to do entrepreneurial activities or trading I will chose Abuja for you on quick returns but mind you cost of living can eat up the supposed gains. I strongly recommend Ibadan for you.
I boarded a cab for TWENTY NAIRA in Ibadan and I was stunned.It offers you partly Lagos bubbling style but most things are cheap.Ibadan ni joo.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Burger01(m): 6:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
Otuoke grin

cheesygrin
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by oneeast: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
Livable cities are where more people are likely to move to due to economic reasons. If you think otherwise then leave Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan or Kano to Mambila in Taraba. No wonder there are more people in New York than New Hampshire.

Nigerians should stop deceiving themselves..if the op think that those places he mentioned are livable then he should leave economic cities but he will not because there is no economic basis for him to do so.

Livable cities implies a lot. there must be strong economic status for a city to be said to be livable, because if a city lacks economic status then it is not livable because there is no reasonable economy to support social status and lifestyle. That is why you find more people in economically viable cities than just a sleepy civil servants town.

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by synergycom19: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
temitemi1:
These are the cities of TRANSFORMATIONS! GEJ till 2019!!!
It's like this election has made many people jobless,when eating they see election,walking they see election,,sleeping they see election,working they see election,
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by chrisnap(m): 7:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
calabar all the way,,in calabar,,u hav peace of mind,breath betta air,nd hav a betta security

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by EDhims(m): 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo

heheh u are wrong there, Enugu is serene

5 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by rildwanullahi(m): 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Lagos is a state. tongue
it means u know nothing about Lagos state. There is a place called Lagos whether island or mainland. ( EKO means Lagos )
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by jaz(m): 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
lagos is the worst!!
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Rooneyboy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
ENUGU !

ENUGU !

ENUGU !

ENUGU !

ENUGU !

ENUGU !

ENUGU !

Undisputed .

5 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by listenersky: 7:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
In no particular order: Ibadan, Calabar, Uyo and Abuja
but are there employment opportunities in Ibadan?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by 1stola: 7:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
haitto99:
try ilorin
Dirty ilorin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Is Arochukwu, Abia State / Jabi Lake Park: Where ABUJA Residents Spend Their Weekends (pics, Video) / Russians Eating Nigerian Jollof Rice For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.