Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (49640 Views)

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Osayidgreat(m): 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
BENIN CITY IS THE BEST, THERE'S LIGHT UP TO 15HRS A DAY, AND COST OF LIVING IS VERY LOW.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
Takim107:
Calabar......security, good food and good girls that can#lip sealed#..things are cheap, transportation very cheap...The best Shawama are made in calabar...love this state.
With Calabar winning the votes here, I'm seriously praying I'll get posted there for NYSC o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by KelvinC1(m): 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
If you are NOT Living in JOS then you are Just on your own.. As far as I'm concern.. Jos-Plateau is a small rehearsal to the real HEAVEN.. #ADOYII..

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mmsen: 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
Goovo:
Why is nobody mentioning Lagos?

Parts of Lagos are excellent (Ikoyi, Lekki, VI, Ikeja GRA) - they are really are great places to be.

HOWEVER most of Lagos is not in keeping with the character of those places.

Too noisy.

Too many people/touts/area boys.

The traffic is a nuisance.

LASTMA.

MMA is the worst airport in the country (MMA2 is excellent).

And the threat of crime is very real in Lagos.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Trunaijian: 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Why must we politicize everything! Haba!
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by enjosh(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
uyo

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by chubbypearl(f): 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
tefoko:

both-ly of you-ly got me-ly cracking-ly seriously
Lol...
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Alochigozie(m): 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
Area boys plenty for calabar oooo,killing here and there when cult rivals clash,I dont like calabar as people do
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Ariani: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
042 is the best mahn cos wen i was staying in aba i had a frnd dats 4rm enugu and he kept tellin me hw enugu rocks until i visited enugu and found @ to be true

3 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by persius555(m): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
Chai, lagos my lagos.Why is everyone denying you? Okay, e be like say i dey relocate next month, god willing. E be like say lagos don tire for me.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Takim107(f): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
jimmy4x:

With Calabar winning the votes here, I'm seriously praying I'll get posted there for NYSC o cheesy
consult the gods
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by butanep(m): 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
haitto99:
try ilorin
Which ilorin? What is in ilorin? Ilorin is among the least cities in Nigeria...

Sorry I quoted, am speaking from experience...
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by sandzphield(m): 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
ITbomb:
If you are a worker (government or company) Calabar and Enugu is the best. Businessmen should avoid there and go to the third best Ibadan or Illorin.
Uyo is also good if you have a car as well

List companies in calabar dat u know of .....?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by sandzphield(m): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
Calabar is a place to go spend your money after much hustle ........if u live in calabar south ,security is not guaranteed except you live in calabar municipality and work in unicem or flourmill or macmahon ..

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Soneh(m): 7:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
even with insurgency i still prefer jos ,take away the insurgency and we will be looking at the best state to live in , in the whole of nigeria .and pls those of you shouting calabar should stop hyping the town because there nothing in calabar ,it was because of the hype about the town that i decided school in this town ,a decision i'm currently regretting
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by eaglechild: 7:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
nerodenero:
I boarded a cab for TWENTY NAIRA in Ibadan and I was stunned.It offers you partly Lagos bubbling style but most things are cheap.Ibadan ni joo.
True Ibadan is cheap but it comes with it's downside.

Recall flagging down a cab with a colleague of mine, when we came for a conference in Ibadan.

We needed to get to an ATM but all we got was blank stares from the driver.

He could not understand a single word of English, even broken down to the simplest phrases, and this was in the heart of the city.

We were almost stranded.

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by cindicandy(f): 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
Enugu is a poor old dry town filled poor people mostly civil servants. I served in that town so I know better. The town does not have any economic value that is why you can hardly find youthful population there. Dont quote me.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by sandzphield(m): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
jimmy4x:

NYSC , u will receive 3060 as state alawee , cost of living as averagely cool ,accomodation is expensive ...
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
EbukaFran:

Customized13, About Ijebu Ode??
grin grin grin
Are u joking?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by sandzphield(m): 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Soneh:
even with insurgency i still prefer jos ,take away the insurgency and we will be looking at the best state to live in , in the whole of nigeria .and pls those of you shouting calabar should stop hyping the town because there nothing in calabar ,it was because of the hype about the town that i decided school in this town ,a decision i'm currently regretting
Pls tell them , I spent 5yrs in calabar schooling, no good job down dia ...its fucking dry ,only fun during calabar carnival

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by 2uchM(m): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
coolWell if I had my way it would ASO ROCK to be precise...GEJ 2019
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by sandzphield(m): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
Alochigozie:
Area boys plenty for calabar oooo,killing here and there when cult rivals clash,I dont like calabar as people do

Calabar na home of cultism ......if u wanna be free from cultism and robbery ,just live in 8miles

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Henrybright(m): 8:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
Alochigozie:

I STRONGLY disagree with this

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by dazzlinglyme: 8:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
Rapmoney:
It seems the boy that dumped u lives in Enugu grin
no mind the mgbeke

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
Takim107:
Calabar......security, good food and good girls that can#lip sealed#..things are cheap, transportation very cheap...The best Shawama are made in calabar...love this state.

Are you in town currently and can you recommend good places you've eaten sharwama to someone apart from Crunchies at Marian road?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
Onozboy:
The only problem we have in edo benin city is that the governor is an APC member apart for that edo is a good state

support transformation
support GEJ
till

isn't d same apc gov who transformed d state 2 where it is now dat made u recomend d state for residing??

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by dazzlinglyme: 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
Enugu is a poor old dry town filled poor people mostly civil servants. I served in that town so I know better. The town does not have any economic value that is why you can hardly find youthful population there. Dont quote me.
three words,sharap ya gutter

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Takim107(f): 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
RedBenson:

Are you in town currently and can you recommend good places you've eaten sharwama to someone apart from Crunchies at Marian road?
go to monic point opposite fiaesta fries Marian..Thank me later.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
Penssuwa:
Borno
hahaha,did i hear borno or bokoharam hq
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
valmunich:

wink

where have you been?

Have not been seeing ya around
In d bedroom, oya cum join me.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
Takim107:
go to monic point opposite fiaesta fries Marian..Thank me later.

Opposite Fiesta Fries is a beer parlour. Do they sell sharwama there too? I also know abt people roasting plantains and aboki with suya too. Never knew of any sharwama there. Pls describe.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Takim107(f): 8:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
RedBenson:

monic point opposite fiesta fries @ Marian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) / This Is Arochukwu, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.