Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) (53469 Views)

EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping / FG Test Runs Abuja-Kaduna Cabin Trains (photos) / Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Franchise21(m): 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
Threads meant to credit GEJ n discredit GMB r always found on front page buh d ones meant to credit GMB n discredit GEJ r always found on back page... Such is life here on Nairaland
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
SagePerv1:
Local trains meant for transporting cargos and goats, now transporting people but yet, some dumb-box rice scavenging people are calling this development?

Damn. You guys should wake up.

You deserve super-sonic trains. Not these boxes.

ehe, see them, bad belle, anti GEJ. we will force u to inhale the fresh air grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Haryourdeiji(m): 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
eyahhh
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Nihilist: 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
That guy doesn't even look like he owns that food.

They just got someone to sit infront of a plate of jollof rice, and then afterwards gave him Gala and pure water.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
asiwajumi:
mumu.go to uk and see. bush personality

I wouldn't waste my words on a fool like you.

Crawl along and suck your thumb.
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by litetias(m): 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
buygala:
In essence Rhino O'Mockery is telling us to relocate ourselves and our families to those trains? ....

Please someone should alert me when there are brothels and weed joints on the trains.... Na those ones worry me pass undecided
Your head dey dia!
But seriously we should stop treating ourselves like second class citizens in our own country. Things like this should not be giving us hard-ons and wet pussìes.
We deserve much better and we should commend while at the same time demanding for high speed trains, employment, steady power and the rest that our fellow homo sapiens enjoy in their countries.
And to all Tanoids, you lot are a bunch of hungry mediocre mofos.
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Euckybaby(f): 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nice one
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Euckybaby(f): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nihilist:
That guy doesn't even look like he owns that food.

They just got someone to sit infront of a plate of jollof rice, and then afterwards gave him Gala and pure water.
nawa o
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Kobeje(m): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
SagePerv1:
Local trains meant for transporting cargos and goats, now transporting people but yet, some dumb-box rice scavenging people are calling this development?

Sorry for your sentiment.
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by iphanyiuma(m): 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
APC gathering crowd since 1900BC PDP winning elections since 1900BC.... undecidedundecidedundecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Euckybaby(f): 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
SagePerv1:

you need deliverance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by mrkings84(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
I love gej; I love buhari. they are both my country men!! as for 2015, change must come. gei till 2019; gmb can continue till Mugabe quit office..Nigeria have decided.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by change9ja(f): 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nawa see as naija dey celebrate train
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
Euckybaby:
you need deliverance

Mumu. Shut Up.
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by JosephineM: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
is it my job to provide amenities and basic infrastructures for the populace? is he doing this with his personal or family money? Does the government of countries our leaders travel to advertise their far better train services?
we're are talking about widespread corruption and concentration of the country's wealth with few elites. why the noise about is the right of the common man undecided
If you need to advertise what you've done for the past 5yrs, it means you've done nothing.
Mind you PDP=APC

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by sharpboyus(m): 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
I thought they got this man sacked?
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by IanDiamonds: 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
Oseni007:
I wonder oooo,they v been shouting train train,power nko,unemployment nko nd the rest. We shld stop deceiving ourselves in dis country.

There was a country...
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Why won't we charge in the train when we don't have light at home. Sh!!t!
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by jimmayoy: 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
dre11:

Their transformation agenda is just for train which moves slowly

That's why their everything about them is slow
Vote for GMB and enjoy SPEED

GMB is 4G,GMB rocks,change is here.
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by anonimi: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:
I feel like putting a bell by ur ear and ringing loudly telling u to just SHAT UPPPPP

If you think the alternatives shouting change have done better, then you may need to think again?

Lagos: How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars.

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2135824_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

Has anyone seen Fashola's aloku scrap trains in Lagos

eaglechild:
We can't complete Lagos light rail project

We obviously can't complete Lekki international phantom airport.

And you will be the biggest fool to think that we can complete Eko Atlantic.

Use your head people where do you think we are getting all the money we are using to sponsor Buhari undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079192_fasholaa_jpegfc425dbc9482db4d2098e4dd5e8bee75

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by major466(m): 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
SagePerv1:

Why can't you people appreciate good development for once Have you ever been to India? They have better railway facilities than Nigeria, but some of Nigeria's trains are much better than theirs. We are not there yet but we will get there. Rome wasn't build in a day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by walozanga(m): 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

I feel like putting a bell by ur ear and ringing loudly telling u to just SHAT UPPPPP

ENEMY OF PROGRESS

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
major466:

Why can't you people appreciate good development for once Have you ever been to India? They have better railway facilities than Nigeria, but some of Nigeria's trains are much better than theirs. We are not there yet but we will get there. Rome wasn't build in a day.

Mumu.

Keep celebrating train development, while India keeps exploring Mars and nuclear power.
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by GogetterMD(m): 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
And where can I board such a train? Oshodi or Ikeja along? Cause I presume it isn't those trains that you have more people on top of it than you have inside of it
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Orikinla(m): 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nigerians are also going to school in gutters. grin
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by engrchris77: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Make God and any other diety when APC politians talk say Uncle Jonathan no dey work!

Foolish followers of APC open ur eyes don't be decieved by too much talk talk by APC Politicians especially Oshiomole and Tinubeast!

God Bless Jonathan
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
ijustdey:

Why is it only trains working the only transformation program this guys are flouting all round the whole web

Is there nothing to show again

I doubt your Nationalityvas a Nigerian... for you not to be aware of the so many GIANT STRIDES by GEJ
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by milky3(f): 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
THE SAME PRESIDENT. THE SAME GOVERNMENT THE SAME PARTY (PDP) THE SAME NIGERIAN MILITARY THE SAME BOKO
HARAM THE SAME SAMBISA FOREST
They are winning the same
battle now within 2 weeks now that MR PRESIDENT AND PDP NEED OUR VOTES AT ALL COST. This is the same battle they were unable to win since 4 years ago when they didn't need anything from us. Over 100,000 people have been killed. Billion of dollars properties destroyed. Several million people were rendered homeless. Women were raped. Female students were kidnapped. WE ARE NOT FOOLS God will save us from THESE LOOTERS. winkGOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by Dbboy(m): 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dyt:

i pray never to have your type in my life you are too bitter.
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by stevikenna: 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
Emmafrancis:

U may be blind
Na so...na you blind me
Anofia
Re: Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) by vodacom: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
stupor:
Nigerians should not be deceived,it is too late to start crying wolf !

The elections would have long been forgotten and results known if they have not deployed their devious propaganda to postpone the lections inorder for them to play on Nigerians' intelligence.

Nigerians need to be very vigilant for the truth is quite bitter !

Never stop your clamour for change,it is your democratic right for we deserve a better government than this !

Vote change ! Vote Buhari/Osinbajo ! Vote APC
Hmmmm I want change but propaganda from both parties get some electoral confused at times. If you say I should vote for APC, I can't sense any change because the same set of bad eggs from the ruling party are in the change party. So what is the change we are talking about? Yes the current president isn't meeting our expectations but he is the only good alternative available to some of us because the angel I know is better than the devil I don't know. Are there no other presidential aspirant contesting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Huge Ships Collide In Karachi Port Pakistan, Sending 21 Containers Into Sea / Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful / Pregnant Woman And Her Child Crushed To Death In Ebonyi (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.