Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,933 members, 7,838,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session - Education (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session (445835 Views)

University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2016/2017 Session / Ahmadu Bello University Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by toluene23(f): 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
Any update please on recommendation mail rolling from the Pharmclgy dept please...has. Any1 received mail from the department on Recommendation...Please and please Let us Knw ooo so we can all knw our fate here...
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Jaiyekay(m): 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
mariamadenle:

Department's Decision on
Application
Recommended
(Note: The Department has recommended you to
The Postgraduate School for Admission)
Date Determined: 22 December 2015 11:54:18 AM

Food Technology Department
. I also applied Food Technology, I didn't get any mail, please what could that mean??
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2015
Anybody with information about computer science department should kindly indicate
Let others no dere faith
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by toluene23(f): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2015
Any update please on recommendation mail rolling from the Pharmcology dept" Clinical Pharm" Please...has. Any1 received mail from the department on Recommendation...Please and please Let us Knw ooo so we can all knw our fate here...
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Seyibusayo: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2015
Jaiyekay:
. I also applied Food Technology, I didn't get any mail, please what could that mean??
it could mean that you have not submitted your transcript, even if u pass dept test until u submit transcript,no recommendation mail
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Jaiyekay(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2015
Seyibusayo:
it could mean that you have not submitted your transcript, even if u pass dept test until u submit transcript,no recommendation mail
My transcript status reads #Yes.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Stonesz25: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2015
Wow, it's possible you ve been left...hanging
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Stonesz25: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=adelaface post=41251060]I got a mail from UI earlier today informing me that my department has recommended me for admission.
Department's Decision on Application Recommended
(Note: The Department has recommended you to The Postgraduate School for Admission)
Date Determined: 22 December 2015 09:48:17 AM

I think you should go to rest, prepare your acceptance fee... In fact, pack your things to UI right away

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by toluene23(f): 10:48am On Dec 23, 2015
Listen Everybody!!! Even if ur Transcript read YES and they called you For Interview...Its possible you won't be mail for. Recommendation...which means/Indicates No Admission for you. this happened to me / experienced this 2013. My mates are Rounding Up now. And even till now when I tried login with my old details...the status there still reads Admission Not Yet Determined till now... let me tell you this, its a matter of Influence. To cut it short; I'm into it again ds year same department. coz I was so angry with the way they run there stuff in that schl whch led me not to take d form Last year. ADVICE!!! So pray hard and well. Meanwhile after their Interview then, was fortunate to knw my score with the help of som1 "INN" there."68". So you need to pray well;@ stonez and to those still new to d system...that's UI. Dey don show me shege at least. Wen I. Didn't fail
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Jaiyekay(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2015
toluene23:
Listen Everybody!!! Even if ur Transcript read YES and they called you For Interview...Its possible you won't be mail for. Recommendation...which means/Indicates No Admission for you. this happened to me / experienced this 2013. My mates are Rounding Up now. And even till now when I tried login with my old details...the status there still reads Admission Not Yet Determined till now... let me tell you this, its a matter of Influence. To cut it short; I'm into it again ds year same department. coz I was so angry with the way they run there stuff in that schl whch led me not to take d form Last year. ADVICE!!! So pray hard and well. Meanwhile after their Interview then, was fortunate to knw my score with the help of som1 "INN" there."68". So you need to pray well;@ stonez and to those still new to d system...that's UI. Dey don show me shege at least. Wen I. Didn't fail
... Ooops ok. Toluene23... is it possible they are still working on it and could still send the recommendation mail?? In spite that some people in your department have gotten the mail of recommendation??
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Angie20(f): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2015
knarphie1:

I don't tink so. Is it still possible to change area of specialization??
I don't think so.. Considering the fact that we hv written the second test and indicated our various units on the answer sheets. I might be wrong though. Ask from the dept or info officer on UI PG website.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by toluene23(f): 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2015
Jaiyekay:
... Ooops ok. Toluene23... is it possible they are still working on it and could still send the recommendation mail?? In spite that some people in your department have gotten the mail of recommendation??

As av said,its a matter of Influence. If you still knw how to maneuver ur ways about it...before resumption, even aday to resumption...you can / might still get the message. Good luck. I too. I'm in a hotsit hoping for the mail recommendation this second time Of my Trial.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by toluene23(f): 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Angie20:

I don't think so.. Considering the fact that we hv written the second test and indicated our various units on the answer sheets. I might be wrong though. Ask from the dept or info officer on UI PG website.

If its only with your thinking or believe taking or purchasing another scratch card for it...my Guy it won't work that way even if u re fortunate to change it online. You should visit the department/ section you want to Change to and the department you want to change from. So they won't Bleep you up taking the steps to change without the department notification.
Goodluck...
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by amadex(m): 12:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=Stonesz25 post=41266914][/quote]pls which department
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by knarphie1(f): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
Angie20:

Tnx for the info. I actually chose parasitology but I want to change to ecology. I asked a friend in another dept and he said he was able to change his area of specialization bt I don't know if it's varies in each department. I will contact dem in PG school cos the last time I checked the website, they brought an invoice of 5500 cos I wanted to change my area of specialization.. All in all they should release d list so that we can know our fate..
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by knarphie1(f): 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
toluene23:

If its only with your thinking or believe taking or purchasing another scratch card for it...my Guy it won't work that way even if u re fortunate to change it online. You should visit the department/ section you want to Change to and the department you want to change from. So they won't Bleep you up taking the steps to change without the department notification.
Goodluck...
I am not changing from one dept to another. It's still d same dept. For example dept of economics, if u initially chose macro economics as d area u want, can u still change it to another area like econometrics. Both areas are still under economics dept, its just that d person decided to chose anoda area. Dts my question.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by toluene23(f): 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
knarphie1:

I am not changing from one dept to another. It's still d same dept. For example dept of economics, if u initially chose macro economics as d area u want, can u still change it to another area like econometrics. Both areas are still under economics dept, its just that d person decided to chose anoda area. Dts my question.

Yea ; the answer still in thesame line. The percentage of slectin/admitin you to ur old/previou area of specializtn is 50/50. They will admit you to ur previous area of specialization. Each area of Specializati hv its own Supervisor each in that so called whchever department u applied to. If dere is still chance for the supervisor to tak more student under him...then the will allocate you to that area" which we call specialization" one of my friend picked toxicology under Biochem department" but eventually they allocated hs name where there is chance for it Nutritional " Mind you its even with influence he was fortunate" so pray well...and be careful with ur steps. I wsh everybody well and never wnt our resources wasted. UI is a very dangerous and delicate schl...so u try to abide...so u won't mk mistake. Good luck. Na pray I dey pray so...I've studied them

Try to meet som1 at d section u wnt to chng to...so they can giv u go ahead...but to me I suggest get d admission first so u won't loose all. I knw wat I'm saying
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Angie20(f): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=knarphie1 post=41271025]
Tnx for the info. I actually chose parasitology but I want to change to ecology. I asked a friend in another dept and he said he was able to change his area of specialization bt I don't know if it's varies in each department. I will contact dem in PG school cos the last time I checked the website, they brought an invoice of 5500 cos I wanted to change my area of specialization.. All in all they should release d list so that we can know our fate.. [/quote
]
I pray they release it soon oh. Atleast, next week. But, why do you want to change to Ecology? I applied for Parasitology too. Is there something wrong with the unit?
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by mariamadenle(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
Jaiyekay:
just wait till Jan. 9 when everything would be over then I can tell you what happen, I have friends that scored better score in their English test and still yet to receive recommendation notice.
just keep praying God w do it

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by knarphie1(f): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=toluene23 post=41271707]

Tnx for d info.. Nawa for dis UI sef. They should even send us recommendation mail or whichever way dey want tu notify us that we have been admitted.. We r tired of waiting. I heard some applicants have received recommendation mail
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Jaiyekay(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
mariamadenle:

just wait till Jan. 9 when everything would be over then I can tell you what happen, I have friends that scored better score in their English test and still yet to receive recommendation notice.
just keep praying God w do it
Okk... I wonder what could have happened! you sound like it's still possible for a recommendation notice mail to be sent
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by mariamadenle(m): 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
Seyibusayo:
Recommendation from dpt doesn't have anything to do with transcript, those that failed to submit their transcript will not have their name forwarded to dpt..but am sure they are still compiling the list so not over until your name is shortlisted

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by knarphie1(f): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=Angie20 post=41272277][/quote]
Lol.. Notin is wrong with it. Para is a nice area likewise ecology, it depends on what an individual wants. I am just comparing d prospects in both nd I want tu know if it's still possible tu change.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by adelaface(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
sodiksan:

Which department?

Abadina Media Resource Centre
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by adelaface(m): 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=Stonesz25 post=41266914][/quote]
smileyThanks a bunch
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by kemyworld(f): 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
CLA!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by badaki2(m): 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
I believe is only food technology applicants that have received recommendation mail and afterall we would be resuming in march. There is nothing to worry about. The recommendation mails will definitely roll in....... and as long as u still have "Admission not yet determine by the department" in ur admission status, then you have a chance.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by angeltolly(f): 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
mariamadenle:

Recommendation from dpt doesn't have anything to do with transcript, those that failed to submit their transcript will not have their name forwarded to dpt..but am sure they are still compiling the list so not over until your name is shortlisted

Point of correction here. Your recommendation mail from PG sch is subject to the receipt of your transcript by PG sch. The dept. sends the list of admitted students to PG sch but PG sch sends recommendation mail to those whose transcript has been received and cleared. #Talking from experience. So don't doubt this. Cheers
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Jaiyekay(m): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
badaki2:
I believe is only food technology applicants that have received recommendation mail and afterall we would be resuming in march. There is nothing to worry about. The recommendation mails will definitely roll in....... and as long as u still have "Admission not yet determine by the department" in ur admission status, then you have a chance.
Hmmmmmmmmmm may not be only food tech, maybe some others are not just posting it here... I stand to be corrected tho'... I pray this admission comes through.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Bakarefj(f): 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2015
Alhamdulillah I got my recommendation mail from ui.
Department's Decision on
Application
Recommended
(Note: The Department has recommended you to
The Postgraduate School for Admission)
Date Determined: 23rd December 2015 08:52:12AM
Food tech all the way.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by bjaybalo(m): 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
kemyworld:
CLA!!!
Good evening Kemi, I'm also still waiting for any recommendation mail from UI for CLA. Please whenever you have any update on it kindly inform me. Thanks and I'll also do vice versa.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by kemyworld(f): 1:14am On Dec 24, 2015
bjaybalo:

Good evening Kemi, I'm also still waiting for any recommendation mail from UI for CLA. Please whenever you have any update on it kindly inform me. Thanks and I'll also do vice versa.
Will do same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (178) (Reply)

Unilorin 2012/2013 Admissions / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session / 2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.