Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher (83812 Views)

Must Read :The Mistery Gloria Okon / Where Is Gloria Okon...is She Really Dead Or Alive???? / Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by igbsam(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
you definitely did not read the story dumbo! Go back and read the story with your brain intact.

You think say dat guy get brain ? He is the definitation of daft itself.

2 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by omowest(m): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
Freest:
why will buhari kill her without allowing a court of law to act and natural course take its law nawa oh!!!

Do u read the story at all or u no sabi read long story

4 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
ddefoe:
So many contradictions in the story,first her address she gave is none existent,secondly,no family member came forward to identify her,later she became chinyere married to a military man and seen with Maryam in london.at the tail end of the story, her family said the corpse that was returned to them was not that of their dear daughter.I'd thought they said her family never came forward to identify with her in detention. Which family now was the corpse returned to giving the fact that also she was chinyere and was found to be alive in London...Wonders without end!

This write up was compiled. If u follow the link like I did, u will see references.

Take ur time, read it again, u will understand that it was compiled from different accounts.

1 Like

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by mabeni(m): 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
in Jonathan's Voice i asks. Is Drug Pushing a Corruption?

2 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ahhhhhhhhhhmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by eminikansoso(m): 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
lastmessenger:

This must be a letter to your father residing in that your bushy village.
let wait and see before dawn?
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by lastmessenger: 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=eminikansoso post=31295868]
let wait and see before dawn?[/quote
Let's wait and see if the spirit of those that Buhari killed will not hack you to death.
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you nailed it man,this is one of the reasons he is called the evil genius. The guy is evil

The best thing to do is to engage IBB in our intelligence. Pay him well if at all he will accept the offer. Imagine his tot as far back as almost 30yrs ago.
Dokpesi and AIT are so cheap.
No much difference bw him and FFK.
I remember when he was against PDP, FGN marked his abuja center and started demolishing it. Subsequently, he was arrested for having something to do with october bombing and MEnD.....he cried like a fowl......now he chose to follow the bandwagon but its unfortunate.
The breeze of CHANGE is strong

2 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
eminikansoso:

owo ti ogede ba gbe, ori arare ni fi na
elulu ton fa ojo, ori arare ni ofa ojo le
ti arigisegi base aimaye igi ninu igbo, ori arare ni fi ru
Last bullet
Alakan toni oun sewa kolori
Opolo toni oun sewa koniru
Adan toni oun sewa toba bere koleyagbe
Ori idobale ni alangba nkule

Oya
oso ni operi Buhari nibi
koku si ori idobale ori idobale ni alangba kole
awon PDP lonperi Buhari nibi
ki won okun sori idobale ori idobale ni alangba kole
E ku oro agba.

4 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by omowest(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
olymyk:
So all this conspiracy happend under the nose of the clueless and slugglish buhari, wen he was even younger and agile o? And when nigeria is not even up to 90million. The same man at age 72yrs now senile and weak thinks he has the capacity to curb corruption in this modern age! Change my foot!!!!

I Don't know u are so doom like this, u bi olodo that is y ur brother his ruling our beloved country like this. Ode

3 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by IYANGBALI: 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
kenonze:

The best thing to do is to engage IBB in our intelligence. Pay him well if at all he will accept the offer. Imagine his tot as far back as almost 30yrs ago.
Dokpesi and AIT are so cheap.
No much difference bw him and FFK.
I remember when he was against PDP, FGN marked his abuja center and started demolishing it. Subsequently, he was arrested for having something to do with october bombing and MEnD.....he cried like a fowl......now he chose to follow the bandwagon but its unfortunate.
The breeze of CHANGE is strong
true talk

2 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by MrNiceGuy5: 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
olymyk:
So all this conspiracy happend under the nose of the clueless and slugglish buhari, wen he was even younger and agile o? And when nigeria is not even up to 90million. The same man at age 72yrs now senile and weak thinks he has the capacity to curb corruption in this modern age! Change my foot!!!!
And under Jonathan administration. We have had series of Attacks, Prison Breaks, Missing fund and he is just 56. Oga park well. Read the story again before you comment next time.

5 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by nagoma(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
kastonkastrol:
This is a very revealing and interesting piece.. But I still don't fathom why PDP are blaming buhari for this woman's death? The woman was arrested with hard-drugs, detained in a cell and she died when everybody was waiting for the jury's verdict on her.
PDP should be really ashamed, the party has been using this woman's death to campaign against the people's general.

The fact that Buhari's government insisted on investigating the death of "Gloria Okon " was widely believed to be the reason for the overthrow of that government before the investigation was concluded. An evidence for that is - the result of the investigation was never seen and no reason was given.

2 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by liricyst(m): 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
"the only way I think Nigerians will eventually get to know the truth is when a government comes and re-opens the case and declassifying all the documents relating to the case"

I think all related documents would have been shredded or burnt. Am sorry but this case has been buried a lot time ago.

3 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Isiterere(m): 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Quiet revealing. Nigeria history was bleak, so is our future. We need the to unravel the mystery of the past to chat a better way forward. Who killed Dele Giwa, Harry marshal, MKO Abiola,Bola Ige,etc?
After listening Pastor Tunde Bakare's "the real Buhari" I came to conclusion that it's only if power that be failed or allowed it that "Buhari" will be swear in as the president. (winning it against Gej, is just the beginning of the struggle)

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Chigold101(m): 4:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
miraclewonder:
The truth can never be hidden for ever. Nothing can be done against the truth but for the truth.
this story is funny ooo.

They said her real name is Chinyere from Imo state married to tiv man.

When she dies her body was taken to the okons, who rejected the body.

If she is igbo & chinyere married to a tiv how then willher body be taken to the okons?
Funny story...

The writer istrying to clean up GMB‘s pooh hole... The evil the did is actually living with him...

Never Again shall GMB go near Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by charloski(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
WOW!!.... Awesome story. i feel like making a movie with this cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Whizzcute(m): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
So this 80leaves-long note filled with bullshit is just to campaign for GMB..hmm...i rest my comments till after 28th

GEJ TILL 2023
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by todayguest(m): 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
madjune:
How many young teens or peeps born post 1985 ever knew of "Gloria Okon" story?

They only know what AIT or NTA feeds them.

Truth is, this lady was one of the major reasons why IBB toppled Buhari in 1985.

Gloria Okon was a frontline drug courier for Ibb and his other top arm colleagues like Kpera, Abacha, Useni etc
Buhari and Idiagbon never liked their involvement with drugs and resorted to death penalty for pushers in order to scare them to stop.
Fearing that Gloria could spill the names of her sponsors and executed afterwards, (ibb had to quickly take over the govt; and he did.)

The other reason why he took over was Buhari's move to sack the chief intelligence chief then, Aliyu Gusau.
He was the man who gave the drug couriers the needed cover to pass airports.

But then, let this be an issue for another day.
*see my bracket* u've revealed, that, Buhari was just defenceless, as such, had no firm hold of power. IBB had no issue, and was quick to seize power from him. Though, I wont vote. But, your claim made Buhari to appear weak. No pun!!!
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
nagoma:

The fact that Buhari's government insisted on investigating the death of "Gloria Okon " was widely believed to be the reason for the overthrow of that government before the investigation was concluded. An evidence for that is - the result of the investigation was never seen and no reason was given.
thanks for clarifying me more about the whole mysterious okon case. I really don't know about the mysteries surrounding her death that I even started to believe buhari was responsible for her death with the AIT adverts I watched.
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by eaglechild: 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
So what happened to Ogedengbe and co.

Buhari is a coupist dictator and no cooked up tale will change that.
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by ekolina(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
I can see you don't have a mind of your own.....How sure are you that this is the real story. Better find a sentiments that will favour you and choose who to vote for
kastonkastrol:
thanks for clarifying me more about the whole mysterious okon case. I really don't know about the mysteries surrounding her death that I even started to believe buhari was responsible for her death with the AIT adverts I watched.
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by madjune(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
todayguest:
*see my bracket* u've revealed, that, Buhari was just defenceless, as such, had no firm hold of power. IBB had no issue, and was quick to seize power from him. Though, I wont vote. But, your claim made Buhari to appear weak. No pun!!!

What are you driving at? I merely summarised.
If the complete details are presented, you might appreciate the times more.

Again, against the common perception that Buhari is a coupist; he's not.
The coup that toppled Shagari's democratic govt was orchestrated by mainly Ibb, Abacha, Vatsa, Umar, David Mark, Bali etc.
Buhari was never part of it. It was after they succeeded that they realised they weren't ready to lead that they called in Buhari and made him President.

Now, you need to understand the dynamics of the times.
It was a more innocent time. And, Ibb is the sort of fella that rides on peoples trust.
He works from the inside.

You can't tell me Buhari was weak or is weak because he trusted a member of his team.

Are you saying, if he could trust people around him, then he can't fight boko haram who operate from the outside?
Known enemies?

If those are your deductions, the least I can term them as infantile and puerile.
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by xklucvG: 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=boolet post=31287555][/quote]
No wonder! They had no other option other than to overthrow Buhari if they can overthrow their own Buhari, who is Dele Giwa that will not be eliminated all to silent the Gloria Okon case.

1 Like

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by itstpia8: 5:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
i think this may be the first time I'm seeing her picture.

she has a rather scary look in that photo, like someone deep in the occult.
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Seelahray94(f): 5:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
Sum kyn long stories,my eye dey pain me oo
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
ekolina:
I can see you don't have a mind of your own.....How sure are you that this is the real story. Better find a sentiments that will favour you and choose who to vote for
I know who to vote for.. I and other well meaning Nigerians will vote for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Amukpashu: 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
Beedude:
And AIT even showed how she was killed by guns...
Smh. Confirm manipulation
There is difference between Gloria Okon and Grace Iyamu.They are two separate individuals.While the post is about Gloria Okon,Iyamu was actually killed by firing squad during GMB regime.
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Beedude(m): 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
Amukpashu:
There is difference between Gloria Okon and Grace Iyamu.They are two separate individuals.While the post is about Gloria Okon,Iyamu was actually killed by firing squad during GMB regime.
I fear. Thanx for that

1 Like

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
This remains one of the greatest mysteries surrounding IBB,his late wife and the death of Dele Giwa
A mystery body is named Gloria Okon the drug mule for Maryam Babngida while the real Gloria Okon is in London
Dele Giwa was about to give this bomb shell and was killed by a letter bomb

2 Likes

Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
Read this interview from 2009

On Sunday, Professor Taiyemiwo Ogunade gave a bombshell interview to the NATION newspaper in which he made startling revelations about those who killed Dele Giwa in 1986. In a subsequent chat with Saharareporters, he spoke specifically about the role of former military administrator of Lagos State Buba Marwa in the assassination of the journalist.

Dr. Ogunade disclosed that soldiers loyal to the slain General Mamman Vatsa identified Marwa as the person who delivered the parcel bomb that killed Giwa, the Newswatch magazine founder.

He said the revelation came from a confidential discussion he had with one of the military boys who came to the City University of New York (CUNY) to press the college to train Nigerian military officials in “Peace and Conflict Resolution”. He said that Vatsa gave a four-hour long testimony to the military tribunal that tried and later sentenced him to death for a phantom coup plot against former military dictator, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida.

Saharareporters: Do you know who delivered the bomb that killed Dele Giwa?

Ogunade: I believe that Buba Marwa did it. Some Mamman Vatsa boys told the full story in New York during a visit to my college to lobby our college to accept to train Nigerian military officers. Ambassador Olusola was on that entourage. [My informant] told me Dele Giwa was killed because he was in possession of a tape containing Vatsa’s testimony before the military tribunal. For four hours, Vatsa requested to tell the full story about how the Babangida regime was operating and his knowledge of the workings of IBB’s mind. He pointed out that after Halilu Akilu and Col. A.K Togun of the military intelligence prepared the parcel it was handed over to Buba Marwa to deliver to Dele Giwa. Marwa is a well–known “IBB boy”. But I was the one who gave Dele Giwa the tape.

Saharareporters: How did you get the tape?

Ogunade: Vatsa had a copy made by his friends in the tribunal and smuggled out to me and I “loaned” it to Dele Giwa who got on the case immediately. I still don’t know how Dele Giwa found out that I had the tape till this day.

Saharareporters: Do you still have a copy?
Ogunade: Yes, but you know I left Nigeria hurriedly after the death of Dele Giwa. I left [the tape] with my aged mother, who did not know the value then. I won’t say more, let the military release that tape to the Nigerian public.

Saharareporters: Did Dele Giwa return the tape to you?

Ogunade: Yes, he returned it after 24 hours. Don’t forget that I loaned it to him; I think he went and played it to Babangida’s people and they eliminated him after they heard the tape.

Saharareporters: What about Gloria Okon? It’s been said that Dele Giwa’s discovery of her was the reason he was killed?

Ogunade: Gloria Okon is actually Chinyere, that’s her real name. She married Charles "Jeff" Chandler, the fellow who killed Nzeogwu and was killed a day later. Chinyere, Maryam and Princess Atta were young friends who hung out together. They all married into the military, because the military was a proud and respectable profession then. Charles Chandler, who was Tiv, married Chinyere who I think is from Imo State. IBB married Maryam from Asaba and Mamman Vatsa married the princess. So Chinyere became a widow and resorted to trading between UK and Nigeria. And then she was caught with drugs; Mamman Vatsa was the person who put Chinyere on the next available flight from Kano to London – and then claimed that she was dead by parading a dead woman picked out of the mortuary. Dele Giwa later found out that she was in London having delivered a baby by another man. He sent a French photographer to the place and they saw Maryam Babangida at the event. Kayode Soyinka brought back the photographs.
Dele was sitting across the table from Kayode examining the photos taken of “Gloria Okon” (Chinyere, Richard Chandler’s wife) at the naming ceremony in London. Maryam Babangida was there. And then a letter parcel was delivered to him and he said excitedly that it must be from “Mr. President” referring to the discussions he had with IBB days earlier. The bomb exploded and severed his lower abdomen; he died a few hours later.

Saharareporters: Did you ever meet Marwa again? And did you ask him about his involvement?

Ogunade: Yes, Marwa was very active in the Nigerian embassy in New York. For a long time he was the “military attaché” to the Nigerian mission in New York while I was a professor of Black Studies at the City University of New York. He came to my college to sign a $30 million contract with the college so that members of the Nigerian military could attend a “Peace and Conflict Resolution program” and then be awarded a masters degree upon completion of the program. I fought bitterly against it, but the chair of the department, John Muyibi Amoda, badly wanted the money. I kept fighting and one day the college authorities acceded to my request. When I got home the college had dismissed me, but also I got a fax message saying the $30 million had been returned to Marwa. But between Marwa and Abacha they never returned that money to the Nigerian treasury. They shared it. I heard between him and Abacha, over $250 million was laundered through an account used by the New York mission of the Nigerian embassy. Marwa later set up an airline with his share of the loot. When he showed up to run for president I was the one who petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate him. He confessed to money laundering in handwritten statements to the EFCC, but today he is the ambassador of Nigeria to South Africa. The police officer that investigated him, Ibrahim Magu, is permanently suspended from the police force after he was humiliated by the EFCC. It is a shameful country.

Saharareporters: What else did you do?

Ogunade: We helped start the Obama phenomenon in Chicago.

Saharareporters: How?

Ogunade: We fought and exposed Carol Mosley-Braun who was Abacha’s agent in the US Senate. She was removed from the US Senate because she took $5 million from Abacha to help cover his tracks in the US. We exposed her, which was how it became possible for the brilliant Obama to become the US president today. We set the stage for it.

http://saharareporters.com/2009/06/08/“mohammed-buba-marwa-delivered-letter-bomb-killed-dele-giwa”-dr-taiyemiwo-ogunade
Re: GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher by nagoma(m): 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
nagoma:

The fact that Buhari's government insisted on investigating the death of "Gloria Okon " was widely believed to be the reason for the overthrow of that government before the investigation was concluded. An evidence for that is - the result of the investigation was never seen and no reason was given after Buhari was removed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo Governorship Election: Unofficial Results - Nkiruhomann.com / Iara Oshiomhole Shines At APC National Convention (Photos) / See Funny Comparison Of Tinubu And Obi's Visit To Emir Of Lafia (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.