Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University (31598 Views)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Student Shot Dead (Photo) / Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos / Have U Cried Because Of This Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by anonimi: 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Arch. Namadi Sambo committed to educating our people for continuing transformation of our dear country.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066181_109315253423544626188034164921766947151069n_jpegacb37fe73c651f856a3f80eea0cac2b7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162230_photochooserd96e13d8f7e34cbbb299524561d1b4b7_jpeg2697502adbcaeae3c8cfe544e7ff2796

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....
They too are seeking CHANGE!!!

I choose TRANSFORMATION than this their CHANGE.
What about you

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by lastmessenger: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
And Buhari with his APC gang is weeping because of this good news. I no surprise sha. They hate school. No wonder their leader cannot even boast of an ordinary school cert.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by dafuturis(m): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
Pedagogue:
Chibuike,we have SOMETHING in common. CONGRATS.
Mr. President, many thanks for bringing smiles to Mr.Chibuike and his family.

However, democracy should be about bringing joy to the greatest number of people. Awarding scholarships to a few Nigerians cannot move our country forward.

What will move our country forward is by ensuring that Nigerian Children have access to quality education. Or what's the point in investing millions in few students when the GREATER NUMBER of our University students were at home for 6 months; Polytechnics were closed down for 11 months and Colleges of education were under locks and keys for about a year!!!

Let's stop celebrating mediocrity. I want a President that will improve the quality of our Universities; not one that will continue in the old mentality of sending students abroad. If we Improve the quality of our Universities and hospitals; Nobody will go abroad!!!

Sending students abroad is a 1960/ 1970/ 1980 mentality. They've stopped all that in Ghana and South Africa.
It's a sign of backwardness.
I will vote for CHANGE.

Those foreign students he will mingle with gets the knowledge from him and use it to further develop their country especially with the available infrastructure while he will only return to Nigeria to become a lecturer without even the most basic of infrastructure in place to put the abundance of his brain to work.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by ekolina(m): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
You will always find fault in a person if you don't like him. People travel from china, Canada all over the world to school. It is not bad my brother to school abroad. Remember this guys are asked to select from the 25 best universities in the world.
kingthreat:
Getting selected 200 and giving them foreign scholarship? Why not enhance a federal university to international standards and make quality education open to 20,000 people.

If only 5% of the total federation is actually benefiting from the government, then the government is not doing welll enough.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by zonax(m): 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
I've come to notice that one thing APC and GMB supporters knows how best to do is brew hatred, that paracetamol on another man's headache even when he's taking champagne and deny the truth no matter how glaring it is.
You can't deny the fact that president GEJ has tried in so many ways no matter how bad you may want to. GEJ has been more than good. Can anybody come out and boast that Buhari gave him/her scholarship, even in primary school level.
Lol you people should fear God and stop living in denial.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by hamilton62(m): 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
kingthreat:

Stop talking foolishly. Nigeria is a country of 180million people. You give presidential scholarship to just 200. How does that make Nigeria better? How will just 200 people better Nigeria. But if 20,000 benefit quality education in Nigeria like it ia abroad, won't it make more impact?

If this makes no sense to you, then your reasoning is to the likes of Patience Jonathan. So don't quote me again.
I can see you write well but I thought you will be witty but that's otherwise... Where do you get quality education and in what environment?
Talk like a man with plans, prospect and who can at least manage his home (null administrative skill) if you have.
So your advise is that we should invite expertriates to lecture them, thereby separating the expertriates from the source of civilisation just like citing an industry far from raw materials!
Na waoooo... There's difference in I passed through school and I went to school. Nigeria has the first class materials (brilliant, smart, wise and intelligent citizens) but presently, here is not a first class environment (learning under tensed infrastructures and no research propelled lecturers)... Most of the researchers studied abroad and the ones here are very good in theory but lagging in the practical, even the done practical is shallow and not with a depth...
Mind you, Even your ancestors will shake the first lady of Nigeria Ma Patience Jonathan with their two hands talk more of you and your heirs!
You truly fooled yourself here that you are disrespectful to your parents and people in authority, at least my fellow Nairalanders can testify.
Thanks and God bless you.
Viva Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by wummyanthoy: 1:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bayswater:
He did not only get a scholarship, he got a scholarship to attend one of the best universities in the world; UCL.

ChinemeOkpan, eye4eye, collynzo419, pendy79 e fit be you o. We need more Nigerian UCL alumnus. The door is always open, if only you will go back to school.

Thank you Mr President, you just made another person's dream come true.
help me ask der half current master who he did dis kind of a thng to?

1 Like

Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by ekolina(m): 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
Its a Pity you known nothing. Like I said in my earlier post six of ma class mates are beneficiary one of them is a strong supporter of Buhari check him on FB Habib Abubakar Adebisi and confirm
agabaI23:
It is one of the scams of GEJ's administration
Rubbish! How much did they pay you to write this?

Just mere money you have sold away your future
A clueless president like GEJ cannot do this kind of thing

FireFire,Obiagelli, ellechrystal,

GEJ, this scam must not stop
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by Louislewis: 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
[size=16pt]Ignorant people brainwashed with propagandas will not like to hear this. I challenge any of you, to mention one scholarship award by so called " CHANGE PRESIDO" as claimed by some people, that he awarded during his term as Head of State of this nation and after his term. [/size]
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by olapluto(m): 2:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
olrotimi:

U sure ur not an almajiri and you didn't pass the back window through school? You should read and comprehend the text first. He didn't say PTF scholarship, he said PRESSID. take note brov and don't mess up ur Alma mata if you have one
You're not making sense. Scholarships for Nigerians have been in existence long before you were born. The presidential scholarship is more or less a lottery. If GEJ runs a credible scholarship scheme, I will be the first to hail him. However, we already have a lot of scholarships for Nigerians to study abroad (ETF, PTDF). GEJ's lottery program is not as credible as those examples I gave.
Why should Nigerian youths play lottery everytime they want something from the government? YouWin should be nicknamed baba'jebu.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by olapluto(m): 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Are you thinking? furnish us with facts not rumour...Where's your own list and testimony from beneficiaries?...GEJ nursed, birthed & started this annual presidential scholarship scheme...
Annual presidential scholarship sha! What happened to the scholarships already in existence? More people get PTDF scholarship yearly than this presidential scam.
Scam scholarships like this actually do more harm than good to some recipients. I know of someone who got a 'governor's scholarship' and got stuck when the governor was removed from office. Today, he begs for a living abroad. If we want to give schoalrships, lets do it through agencies that are not subject to political changes.
This man's story may be sweet today, but imagine when GEJ is not reelected.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by Chiman922(m): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:
by Chibuike Ugwuoke

As a youngster, I had a dream to study abroad but the truth is, dreams are luxuries that can only be accessed when there is money.

My name is Chibuike Ugwuoke was born and bred in Enugu State twenty-something years ago to a very modest family. Even though I wouldn’t say we were poor because we had neighbours that prayed to live in our condition, I knew schooling abroad was reaching for the stars. We simply couldn’t afford it.

I gained admission to study Computer Science at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 2007 and by God’s grace, graduated in 2011 with First Class Honours. It was a challenging experience but helped me become the man I am today.

Last year, I left Nigeria for the first time – to begin my Masters of Science (MSc) program in Information Security at the University College, London (UCL). It wasn’t because my parents had become overnight millionaires but because I was one of two hundred and five (205) graduate students to benefit from the PRESSID (Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development) awardees in 2014.

A senior lecturer at the university informed me about it but I felt it was one of those 419 wayo-wayo scholarship schemes that has become a norm in Universities. Besides, I did not expect the final selection process to be credible. In previous regimes, such things are only awarded to people who are related to a prominent person in the government. Somehow I decided to try my luck and apply but even when I was going for the final test phase in Abuja, a part of me felt I was wasting my time.

I’m here in London, but neither the cold nor the fact that I am again the class representative as I was throughout my undergraduate days has made me fully believe that I am not in dreamland.

Hardwork, determination and resilience helped me graduate with first class honours from the university. My classmates who fondly nicknamed me ‘Modulus’ and other schoolmates I met form part of my network of friends today, as do some of my lecturers. There is no point in criticizing the academic structure of most tertiary institutions in Nigeria because the more we complain and point fingers, the more time we give for the system to decay. Personally, I have decided to be part of the needed change and will become a lecturer when I return.

It is imperative to note that this would not have been possible without God and the Goodluck Jonathan administration that initiated this scheme in 2012. I cannot thank you enough, Mr. President especially for lifting a burden from my parents’ shoulders and for fulfilling the dream of a nobody.

When I was notified that I had gotten the scholarship, the first thing I did was to call my elderly mother and tell her. She cried on the phone and I cried along with her. There are few things in this world that beat the tears of joy of a happy woman. Thank you, Mr. President.

http://newswirengr.com/2015/03/03/she-cried-on-the-phone-i-cried-along-with-her-chibuike-ugwuoke-writes-from-london-university/

Inspiring one Modulus. The last pic was in NSLT, UNN. The structure has now been demolished to give way to new developments. God's grace to you bro

1 Like

Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by Realfiness(m): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
kudos to you brother, pls finish up and come n teach Nigerian students how to read. ppl dat are insulting GEJ has gone mute here. God bless Mr President.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by Thankz(f): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
i know this guy from school, always around Jimbaz..............
. . . . . .well, congrats dearie, though i only saw him in night classes.

1 Like

Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by vanunu: 2:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
doctokwus:
In the good times to come under buhari, its foreign universities that wud be begging and giving brilliant Nigerian graduates full scholarships to come study,not the Nigerian govt doing so!

Keep on fooling urself.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by otunbadan(m): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
pendy79:

Trust me I will sponsor every soul in your lineage a 2 year sponsorship to any university in the world if they so wish it.

Tell your father to apply too, education has no time limit. Modafucker.

Send pm to me if you need more modality on how to apply.

When children have mb see what goes online
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by otunbadan(m): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
Thankz:
i know this guy from school, always around Jimbaz..............
. . . . . .well, congrats my man, though i only saw him in night classes.

Lion gathering sha
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by tammie24: 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
pendy79:

Trust me I will sponsor every soul in your lineage a 2 year sponsorship to any university in the world if they so wish it.

Tell your father to apply too, education has no time limit. Modafucker.

Send pm to me if you need more modality on how to apply.
Nairaland is a wonderful place ooo
See this mai shayi too dey talk
Ha! Oma se o! sad
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by jdilight(m): 2:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
kingthreat:
Getting selected 200 and giving them foreign scholarship? Why not enhance a federal university to international standards and make quality education open to 20,000 people.

If only 5% of the total federation is actually benefiting from the government, then the government is not doing welll enough.

How many of our lecturers meet international standard. University standard is not measured by infrastructure but by intellestructure that is while every time universities want a course accredited they go pouchking professors.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by zimoni(f): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
God bless President Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan.

click on this link for the full list of the 2014 successful candidates

http://www.nuc.edu.ng/nucsite/File/Monday%20Bulletin/MB%202014/PRESSID%20Final%20List-ADVERT%202014.pdf

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by zimoni(f): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
The dude is 48th on the list. Just saw his name. UGWUOKE CHIBUIKE INNOCENT.

I wish them all best of luck.

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by IYANGBALI: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
jamesw:

Jacometres don't have Time for fashion/Mirror, if na shave and to dey rub powder him dey do, him for no graduate with 1st class na grin
abeg make the guy try shave jo
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by bencobenz(m): 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
God bless you for this post. What stop us from developing our institutions to compete with the international standards? Still waiting for the day foreigners would start enrolling into our newly established universities.

Pedagogue:
Chibuike,we have SOMETHING in common. CONGRATS.
Mr. President, many thanks for bringing smiles to Mr.Chibuike and his family.

However, democracy should be about bringing joy to the greatest number of people. Awarding scholarships to a few Nigerians cannot move our country forward.

What will move our country forward is by ensuring that Nigerian Children have access to quality education. Or what's the point in investing millions in few students when the GREATER NUMBER of our University students were at home for 6 months; Polytechnics were closed down for 11 months and Colleges of education were under locks and keys for about a year!!!

Let's stop celebrating mediocrity. I want a President that will improve the quality of our Universities; not one that will continue in the old mentality of sending students abroad. If we Improve the quality of our Universities and hospitals; Nobody will go abroad!!!

Sending students abroad is a 1960/ 1970/ 1980 mentality. They've stopped all that in Ghana and South Africa.
It's a sign of backwardness.
I will vote for CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by agabaI23(m): 3:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
AK481:

PICTURES DONT LIE,MODULUS IS MARKED AT THE FAR RIGHT BACK
Im sure you did not finish reading what you quoted. grin grin grin grin
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by agabaI23(m): 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
ekolina:
Its a Pity you known nothing. Like I said in my earlier post six of ma class mates are beneficiary one of them is a strong supporter of Buhari check him on FB Habib Abubakar Adebisi and confirm
You did not finish reading what you quoted grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by kingthreat(m): 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
hamilton62:

I can see you write well but I thought you will be witty but that's otherwise... Where do you get quality education and in what environment?
Talk like a man with plans, prospect and who can at least manage his home (null administrative skill) if you have.
So your advise is that we should invite expertriates to lecture them, thereby separating the expertriates from the source of civilisation just like citing an industry far from raw materials!
Na waoooo... There's difference in I passed through school and I went to school. Nigeria has the first class materials (brilliant, smart, wise and intelligent citizens) but presently, here is not a first class environment (learning under tensed infrastructures and no research propelled lecturers)... Most of the researchers studied abroad and the ones here are very good in theory but lagging in the practical, even the done practical is shallow and not with a depth...
Mind you, Even your ancestors will shake the first lady of Nigeria Ma Patience Jonathan with their two hands talk more of you and your heirs!
You truly fooled yourself here that you are disrespectful to your parents and people in authority, at least my fellow Nairalanders can testify.
Thanks and God bless you.
Viva Nigeria

Negro, i said my piece. If you're not cool with it you can snifff my balls for all I care. Don't worry, lets keep educating our students abroad and diminishing you educational institutions. #nonsense.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by kingthreat(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
lovat:
*e dey pain u gan gan* 98% of NLanders including seun osewa are products of nigeria tertiary institutions so Suck your ass MINOR

No suck on your momma's clitt. Retardd
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by kingthreat(m): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
ceejayluv:

Same universities that produced the like of Fashola that you're currently licking their "progressive" putrid butt$...

Go screw yourself
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by CORRECTMAN78(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
sammyj:
Story for the Gods. Campaign propaganda !!!!

I suppose if the write up didn't make any sense to you, the pics evidence should... But then I was wrong.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by sammyj: 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
Once again story for the gods !!! grin grin
CORRECTMAN78:

I suppose if the write up didn't make any sense to you, the pics evidence should... But then I was wrong.
Re: Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University by savio93(m): 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
Smartresult:
An msc holder in information security from University college london on nairaland. Kai this is a scam. It is part of the tactics used by pdp to deceive nigerians.
If not why will a govt. That send uni 6month strike and poly to 11month strike will boast of improving the education sector.
There is something fishy.

young man... everytin is not about politics.. I know about PRESSID and I know lots of UNN First class Students that are benefiting from it..
Dat third picture reminds me of the good old days at NSLT. Jerking tins.... #proudlyUNN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Law School Result: University Of Ibadan Produces 3 First Class Out Of Total Of 5 / Governor Wike Commissions Secondary School At Eleme In Rivers State / Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.