Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase (84411 Views)

DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React / DSTV To Increase Subscription Price Effective 1 May 2017 / You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by mtchris(m): 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
Rogbese:

You are making so much sense.
There's only a limited sense in that only when you know that you can watch all that plus loads of them without any subcription.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by mtchris(m): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
donodion:

Tell them bro team star times/ Starsat.
With my small dish, i can watch most of those channels listed without any monthly subscription. Then imagine if i had a bigger dish? #TeamFreeToAir
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by denedene(m): 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
mtchris:
Forget about what the guy posted... You can watch all kind of sports you wish to without any monthly subcription. All you need is a FTA reciever/decoder and a big dish/pan ranging from 1.8 to 5 meter.
who is going to do the configuration?
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by mtchris(m): 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
denedene:
who is going to do the configuration?
Where is your location? I might recommend an installer for you.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by denedene(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
mtchris:
Where is your location? I might recommend an installer for you.
port Harcourt
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Ziondebade(m): 1:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
2el:

Whc one is CTL does it work in ilorin ?
. CTL is cable television called COMMUNICATION TREND LIMITED and it works in most parts of nigeria. but unfortunately not presently in kwara state.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Ziondebade(m): 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
dayosmallz:

Please what's ctl, how's the quality, does it work in lagos, how often is there scrambling of channels what sport channels do they show?
CTL is COMMUNICATION TREND LIMITED , they should be in lagos i guess. deir stations are always reliable for a very long time. their quality is superb. dey ve BEIN SPORTS which shows all d sports premiership, La Liga, france, germany, FA Cup, Champions league etc all d sports , even live draw of champions league and world cup draws. dem dey ova try for 3000+, haba dem dey try na
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Your rev Father dey do illegal connection?
How is it illegal? No,illegality is when DSTV is charging #13,500 for a month to watch repeated programs and even when its lesser in South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Rogbese(m): 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
mtchris:
There's only a limited sense in that only when you know that you can watch all that plus loads of them without any subcription.

If you read her post, you'd see that she said nothing about subscribing to any cable or satellite pay tv. All she mentioned was streaming.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by 14(m): 11:48pm On Mar 07, 2015
Prettiepearlz:

How is it illegal? No,illegality is when DSTV is charging #13,500 for a month to watch repeated programs and even when its lesser in South Africa.

Prices are the same through out AFRICA. There is no one who is paying more or less than the other.
It seems You were not aware that they increase their prices every year. Did you start watching DStv last year? Its not something new.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by mtchris(m): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Rogbese:

If you read her post, you'd see that she said nothing about subscribing to any cable or satellite pay tv. All she mentioned was streaming.
VPN per month? Netflix per month? Internet package? Well i can't argue... #TeamFTA
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by 14(m): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
all4naija:
Shut the f**k up for once! We are talking about rip-off plan by your boring Satellite channels provider you are here talking about comparative cost. Jeez! Too many dummies from down South Africa in their xenophobia indeed! angry angry angry

VOETSEK, tsek
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:15am On Mar 08, 2015
14:

Prices are the same through out AFRICA. There is no one who is paying more or less than the other.
It seems You were not aware that they increase their prices every year. Did you start watching DStv last year? Its not something new.
Its so funny at the way you are trying to be polite. Anyway I'm not complaining about the increase its expected,I'm only concerned about the prices being outrageous and their programs are not too good in my opinion. And definitely when its not like they are here in Nigeria to play,its a business and an increase is expected,life is not static and yes I know they increase their price every year. And no I did not start watching Dstv last year. Thanks Mr I know it all. Have a nice night! And that's true,I'm not aware we pay the same price in Africa and I don't think I'll agree to that without proof.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:18am On Mar 08, 2015
@14,I now get it. U're a south african,no wonder u're running your mouth like tap advocating for DSTV like an ambassador. Go and sleep jare!
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by 14(m): 12:25am On Mar 08, 2015
Prettiepearlz:

Its so funny at the way you are trying to be polite. Anyway I'm not complaining about the increase its expected,I'm only concerned about the prices being outrageous and their programs are not too good in my opinion. And definitely when its not like they are here in Nigeria to play,its a business and an increase is expected,life is not static and yes I know they increase their price every year. And no I did not start watching Dstv last year. Thanks Mr I know it all. Have a nice night! And that's true,I'm not aware we pay the same price in Africa and I don't think I'll agree to that without proof.

You just answered yourself,
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by 14(m): 12:32am On Mar 08, 2015
Prettiepearlz:
@14,I now get it. U're a south african,no wonder u're running your mouth like tap advocating for DSTV like an ambassador. Go and sleep jare!

I m not their ambassador, and i dont even have Dstv, i unsubscribe 4yrs ago because i could not afford it. local tv stations are so good, there is no need to have dstv.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:39am On Mar 08, 2015
14:

I m not their ambassador, and i dont even have Dstv, i unsubscribe 4yrs ago because i could not afford it. local tv stations are so good, there is no need to have dstv.
Wow! That's nice. Wish I could say the same here. Local stations are just too concerned with business,economy,and little of entertainment(which u know we ladies are mostly interested in) except ONTV and I can't be watching a channel all the time. Sorry if I was harsh.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 08, 2015
14:

VOETSEK, tsek
Kwerekwere! angry lipsrsealed
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by vandalZA(m): 6:27am On Mar 08, 2015
all4naija:
Kwerekwere! angry lipsrsealed
gololakho
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Mistaarhlohki(m): 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
I think we should write a petition letter to NBC and have it cosigned by all Nairaland members... Then, spread it on all social media until appropriate measures are carried out on this outrageous increase in subscription rates where programs are below par..... This is my own opinion though....

What do u all think?
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
vandalZA:
gololakho
Zulu master! angry
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by bishop4life(m): 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
mtchris:
Forget about what the guy posted... You can watch all kind of sports you wish to without any monthly subcription. All you need is a FTA reciever/decoder and a big dish/pan ranging from 1.8 to 5 meter.

can u please give me hints.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by mtchris(m): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
bishop4life:

can u please give me hints. email: bishop4life2032001@yahoo.com whatsapp: 07033212845
With atleast 1.8m dish and a strong or qsat reciever, you will enjoy football matches, news, movie e.t.c. You need an install closest to you so he could gist you more on it
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by bishop4life(m): 12:15am On Mar 10, 2015
mtchris:
With atleast 1.8m dish and a strong or qsat reciever, you will enjoy football matches, news, movie e.t.c. You need an install closest to you so he could gist you more on it

i have four working 4922 strong decoders (all tracked to fta sats). wat i need is just the sat dats playing the matches(especially champions leauge) and thier tps. installers wount be issue but nknowing what am looking for. besides do you know more bout qsat & iks dongle?
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by mtchris(m): 7:55am On Mar 10, 2015
bishop4life here are some of the football channels
IRIB TV3 AND IRIB VARZESH
1. They air live EPL, UCL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Seria A...
2. The TP for both 04565v30000 (c-band) on Arabsat 20e and locked under biss key 11 11 11 33 11 11 11 33
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by mtchris(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2015
bishop4life
ETV HYDES AND CAPE TOWN
They air UCL only. TP ETV hydes 12.710v04430, and Cape 12.734v04430 both on 4.9e Ses 5/Astra 4
TV3 Ghana the one on multi tv
They air live EPL (4:00pm saturdays only), UCL wednesdays and Europa thursdays. They are locked under biss key 9E 37 79 4E B9 7F 4A 82.
NOTE: Ses 5/Astra 4 and multi tv are tracked with 60cm dish while for IRÍB is a minimum of 1.8m dísh
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by 14(m): 9:48am On Mar 10, 2015
mtchris:
bishop4life
ETV HYDES AND CAPE TOWN
They air UCL only. TP ETV hydes 12.710v04430, and Cape 12.734v04430 both on 4.9e Ses 5/Astra 4
They air live EPL (4:00pm saturdays only), UCL wednesdays and Europa thursdays. They are locked under biss key 9E 37 79 4E B9 7F 4A 82.
NOTE: Ses 5/Astra 4 and multi tv are tracked with 60cm dish while for IRÍB is a minimum of 1.8m dísh

Corruption, just to avoid paying Dstv. Damn, you are taking this TV thing too far. Cant you live without TV. its like your whole life depends on it
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by mtchris(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2015
14:

Corruption, just to avoid paying Dstv. Damn, you are taking this TV thing too far. Cant you live without TV. its like your whole life depends on it
And why the fvck should i pay for DSTV when there are lots of free channels else where? Abeg pack well bro... Dstv agent, una never see something.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by 14(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2015
Prettiepearlz:

Wow! That's nice. Wish I could say the same here. Local stations are just too concerned with business,economy,and little of entertainment(which u know we ladies are mostly interested in) except ONTV and I can't be watching a channel all the time. Sorry if I was harsh.

As i said, DStv is a luxury. Those who can afford it, can have it. its not like your life would stop if you do not have it. There is so much to life than this useless Dstv. If you are bored, you can go watch movie in the cinema, go to the park, go to the mall and do window shopping, listening to radio or music, chill with friends.
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by bishop4life(m): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2015
mtchris:
bishop4life
ETV HYDES AND CAPE TOWN

tanks bro. exactly what i need. more so i hit green with tv3 but no video or audio,just $ sign. tried unlocking with the biss key but no progress . must i patch it?
Re: MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase by bishop4life(m): 10:55am On Mar 10, 2015
14:

i wonder what brought you to nairaland tv thread , cant you stay without being navigated to wrong places by your phone. or ur life depends on d phone?

my brother no be vex oo. but people do things with reason.even a mad man know his reasons for dancing naked in the market

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha 10 Years Ago Vs Now / BBNaija: Khafi And Gedoni Having Sex / Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.