Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress (4743 Views)

What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress / I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! / His Experience And How He Bought A Fake Mobile Phone With Eba Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by RomanceLander(f): 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello niralanders, i had a terrible experience yesterday when my order was delivered to me in Enugu. i bought a white 10" lenovo tablet on 02/02/15 and it arrived on 01/03/15 but i picked it yesterday.
At the first instance, i powered the tablet and it was fine..... i had to insert my micro sims to continue the testing but the network didnt show. i then decided to restart the tab to allow it detect network since it couldnt do that automatically. To my greatest surprise, the tab didnt power up again. I removed the sims and retried it again but no show.
i had to wait until there was power... i plugged it and waited for the screen to come on but no way.....the charger indicator was green meaning the battery was either full or not charging. I left it in power and slept off hoping my story would change by morning.

Right now i'm the most confused girl on earth because i dont know what to do........... i contacted my seller and the guy in China was talking rubbish.... that i should send him a video of the tab and myself trying to power it so he can understand what i meant. i've done that tho but no reply from him up till now
Please brothers ...... give me some helping hands here. I'm just down
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by redcliff: 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
RomanceLander:
Hello niralanders, i had a terrible experience yesterday when my order was delivered to me in Enugu. i bought a white 10" lenovo tablet on 02/02/15 and it arrived on 01/03/15 but i picked it yesterday.
At the first instance, i powered the tablet and it was fine..... i had to insert my micro sims to continue the testing but the network didnt show. i then decided to restart the tab to allow it detect network since it couldnt do that automatically. To my greatest surprise, the tab didnt power up again. I removed the sims and retried it again but no show.
i had to wait until there was power... i plugged it and waited for the screen to come on but no way.....the charger indicator was green meaning the battery was either full or not charging. I left it in power and slept off hoping my story would change by morning.

Right now i'm the most confused girl on earth because i dont know what to do........... i contacted my seller and the guy in China was talking rubbish.... that i should send him a video of the tab and myself trying to power it so he can understand what i meant. i've done that tho but no reply from him up till now
Please brothers ...... give me some helping hands here. I'm just down

lesson learnt: dont buy china electronics. They disspoint! count your loss and let this slide..
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by RomanceLander(f): 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
redcliff:

lesson learnt: dont buy china electronics. They disspoint! count your loss and let this slide..

shocked Are you for real?

5 Likes

Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Randerl: 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bro sorry ooh.
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by redcliff: 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
RomanceLander:

shocked Are you for real?

well...i dont know what you mean by that but if you want to follow due process it may cost you more and its not guaranteed. The only option i suggest is that if your customer protections days are not over yet, you have to file a dispute to Aliexpress and give them substantial evidence with pictures. I think you should make a video which would be more convincing. But if you dont have the customer protection still active, forget it.

4 Likes

Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by iliyande(m): 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Please try to get it fixed here in Nigeria and forget about it to save your time and money. My opinion sha
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by lexrichy(m): 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
that i should send him a video of the tab and myself trying to power it so he can understand what i meant... .. lol some china niggas
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by zenith4biz(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Please find another compatible battery to test it, the 'follow come' battery may be faulty

On the issue of network, please check the band of the phablet some chinese band don't work in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Whizpeter(m): 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
One reason why I Hate buying stuffs from online stores
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Nutase: 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
Oshodi oke One chance .
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by chidekings(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
file a dispute or see that as one of ur mistakes of 2015
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by RomanceLander(f): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
zenith4biz:
Please find another compatible battery to test it, the 'follow come' battery may be faulty

On the issue of network, please check the band of the phablet some chinese band don't work in Nigeria

battery is internal
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by sirrinky: 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
Forget returning the tab,waste of time and money. Just take it to a repairer tell them you left your tab for a long time and now it won't turn up let them open it and use a booster to boost the battery. If it's the battery after boosting it should come up if not they can use another battery to trustee if it will work. Let them boost in ur presence if it comes up then u start the network

1 Like

Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by kinibigdeal(m): 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
the operating system is faulty
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
Romancelander grin
just romance the tablet and VIOLA it'll receive electric waves
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by francis247(m): 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
This is what you should do. Log into your account and open a dispute even if you have only 30 seconds left in the buyer protection. Let them know that you want to return the item for a full refund kos it's fake. Your request will be accepted pending the seller's approval. When he approves it, you will be given about 10 days to confirm you have shipped back the item by adding the tracking number and website given to you at the post office. You will be given 30 days for the seller to confirm whether or not he has received the item. When he does, your money will be released to you. Be sure to use the local Nigerian post office (NiPost) nearest to you. Forget about using the tab kos it's fake. BTW, what else did you notice about it? Does it have all the specifications you saw before you ordered it? When next you're looking to buy an item from Aliexpress, especially a gadget 4 personal use or resale, be sure to find the most tested and trusted seller with good ratings from other buyers of the said item, not just his/her overall rating. Also check his/her store. Don't only look out the ones that offer the cheapest price as they tend to parade fake Chinese branded gadgets especially Lenovo as original.

6 Likes

Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by francis247(m): 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
sirrinky:
Forget returning the tab,waste of time and money. Just take it to a repairer tell them you left your tab for a long time and now it won't turn up let them open it and use a booster to boost the battery. If it's the battery after boosting it should come up if not they can use another battery to trustee if it will work. Let them boost in ur presence if it comes up then u start the network
How?
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Gosj01(m): 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
Just use their escrow service
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by dorocent(m): 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
sori dear. have u tried contacting aliexpress customer care.... instead of d seller
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by taiwoakin(m): 12:48am On Mar 05, 2015
I will also suggest you open a dispute but dont ask for a full refund as it will waste your time and money.

Ask for a partial refund and that you will keep the product. That means the partial refund will be done immediately instead of going
through all the hassles of going to \Nipost and the price of sending it back to him.

By the time you calculate the delay in refund(he must receive the product before refunding you(approx. another 30 days) and the cost of shipping back the product you will realise that partial refund is your best bet.

Am sure your protection is still running based on the purchase and arrival date you gave
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by taiwoakin(m): 12:51am On Mar 05, 2015
you will have to negotiate the actual amount that will be refundd with the seller. so you must be willing to condemn the seller and demand even 80% refund. This one is online street fight and aliexpress is the arbiter. Continually use the word FAKE in your communications with aliexprss and the seller.
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Kieldgreat: 3:55am On Mar 05, 2015
Filing a dispute claim is the way to go Bae. If your buyers protection period has elapsed, send a complaint mail to the Aliexpress customer care. They would do something about it. You can also try to legally threaten the buyer that you would give him/her a bad review if he doesn't do anything asap.

While doing this, also try repairing the tab in naija. Small money wey you go take repair am fit come out from the dispute claim, only sey na ur paypal dem go wire am to and you no go fit cash paypal 'officially' yet for Nigeria. Thanks to the G-guys grin

I think this is a lesson for you. Electronics?? Don't try the Chinese except if your shipping address is in the US or other developed places in the world. If its Nigeria, they would send you 'your' standard. Fabrics, housewares...give them a shot...

Hope this helps.
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Warlord3000(m): 5:41am On Mar 05, 2015
Sorry dear.. Better luck next time...

That said aside... If you can't go to the refund route and stress..

Find a local repairer to take a look at it... You might be lucky to find its just a small ish with it and have it fixed..
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Tweetums(f): 5:59am On Mar 05, 2015
Godvilla:
Romancelander grin
just romance the tablet and VIOLA it'll receive electric waves
off topic.... Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Jeffy1206(m): 7:06am On Mar 05, 2015
Open a dispute... but try talk to the seller first else... I think you guys can settle it if he's answering you.

Meanwhile if you need to order safely contact me on my signature.
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by gulfer: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2015
Try hard reset first.

If it does not work, the try below:

Yes this happened to me on two occasions. The only way to fix this is to remove the back cover, the 15 screws, and open the unit to detach the battery and re-attach it, In essence, it's a cold reboot, By doing this, you void the warranty. It has happened to me twice. Remember to take out your memory before opening the unit or you will break your Micro SD slot like I did. Download the user's manual and follow the instructions to the letter. Good luck
Copied from: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Android-based-Tablets/Lenovo-Ideapad-A3000-does-not-turn-on/td-p/1433133
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 05, 2015
Tweetums:
off topic.... Nonsense
Eiiyaaaaa... i feel ur pain. just kiss the tablet goodbye
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by RomanceLander(f): 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
Thank you guys, i appreciate your fast response
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by RomanceLander(f): 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
my only problem now is that the item has entered the second page of my order list. and i cant access it. Every item on the second page is inaccessible because when the page loads it comes blank. (as in White)
even if i search my order list with the items' name, order number, or any other parameter it still comes blank

i reported the issue to the customer care and they said they will file it in the I.T report section. i am so confused right now
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
RomanceLander:
my only problem now is that the item has entered the second page of my order list. and i cant access it. Every item on the second page is inaccessible because when the page loads it comes blank. (as in White)
even if i search my order list with the items' name, order number, or any other parameter it still comes blank

i reported the issue to the customer care and they said they will file it in the I.T report section. i am so confused right now
are you using smart phone for this procedure? If yes,switch to a PC cos I also experience same on my windows phone. That's page goes blank after loading only on aliexpress.
But never with my pc.

Switch to a PC and get it done.
Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Getting stuffs from Aliexpress is one big gamble. I have fallen a victim, thank God twas just a power bank. And some clothes with bad quality. Most pictures on the site are fake. You really have to be careful the kind of seller you are dealing with. Some actually are sincere. Never buy electronics from the site. Never!

1 Like

Re: Bought A Faulty Tablet From Aliexpress by mikron(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
Randerl:
Bro sorry ooh.
she is a she not a bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disclaimers,infinix/tecno Are Useless Devices,check Thread For Pictures / Huawei Smartphones Taking Over Naijja! / I Need A Good Android Phone-150k Budget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.